PDA

View Full Version : ASU Football vs Basketball

SoCon48
December 28th, 2005, 08:29 AM
ASU football 2005 12-3
ASU basketball 4-6 (thus far)
Guess which one's coach had the 3 year contract at the season's start?

Wrong. It was the basketball coach. :deadhorse

skinny_uncle
December 28th, 2005, 08:59 AM
You guys play basketball?

HiHiYikas
December 28th, 2005, 09:14 AM
You guys play basketball?
I think I've seen this played before. Basically, it's football with only 5 guys on the field, and the field is made of wood. The ball isn't oblong, and the goal posts are very funny-looking and much more difficult to tear down.

TexasTerror
December 28th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Our friends in San Marcos have it just as bad, if not worse...

Tx St is off to a 1-8 start in basketball with losses to an NAIA and a Div II foe...

TxSt of course had that 11-3 football season...

Griswold
December 28th, 2005, 09:41 AM
We miss Buzz! :bawling:

DotCat
December 28th, 2005, 12:25 PM
We miss Buzz! :bawling:

I bet you do.

CoastalFan2005
December 28th, 2005, 12:37 PM
We like Buzz quite a lot here. I actually met him a few nights ago. He's a great guy.

Griswold
December 28th, 2005, 01:26 PM
We like Buzz quite a lot here. I actually met him a few nights ago. He's a great guy.

I'll be pulling for Coastal (well Buzz) this season! :smiley_wi

yosef2002
December 28th, 2005, 02:05 PM
ASU football 2005 12-3
ASU basketball 4-6 (thus far)
Guess which one's coach had the 3 year contract at the season's start?

Wrong. It was the basketball coach. :deadhorse

I hope Charlie Cobb makes it a priority to get Houston Flancher out of the Holmes Center ASAP. Is it true that the temperary AD signed the contract extension?

Nevermind my question...lets stop talking about ASU Basketball, it just makes me sad

yosefcity
December 28th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Remember last year some of us were calling for Moore's head. Well based on Houston's recruiting classes I believe we will be eating some more crow at the end of the year. We will be a force come confrence time. Based on who we have lost to I am not jumping ship just yet. Losses have been to NC State (ACC), UT (SEC), Davidson (amazing SoCon will blow out alot of SoCon schools), Arkansas Little Rock (Sun Belt East Champs, beat them at home), and JMU (no excuses for losing this one). Wins over Marshall (road, MAC), Methodist (should win), Arkansas Little Rock and VCU (good Colonial team).

Saint3333
December 28th, 2005, 03:43 PM
HF's three year deal doesn't start until next year so get used to him until the 2008-2009 season, ASU doesn't buy out coaches. He is starting to get better recruits with this past year's and next year's recruiting clases.

skinny_uncle
December 28th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Someone needs to start a message board for mid-major basketball similar to AGS for football. There's not already one out there is there?