45 Rushing Touchdowns

His Senior year
Completed 74.9% of his passes
3508 Yards Passing
46 Passing TD's
Only 5 INT's
1091 Yards Rushing
20 Touchdowns rushing

State Championship Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6zyjLhpYiE)

Johnson Commits (http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/news/article/-601047458957889405/sheldons-jordan-johnson-6a-offensive-player-of-the-year-commits-to-montana/)

slostang
January 7th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Cal Poly signed the 2007 POY two years ago. QB Andre Broadous. Maybe we will see them compete against each other in the next couple of years.

Andre Broadous
QB
6'0" 192

High School - An all-state Class 6A quarterback under head coach Dailio Lewis at Grant High School in Portland, Oregon ... threw 44 touchdown passes and rushed for 35 more scores in his last two seasons, leading the Generals to 21 wins in their last 24 games ... ss a senior, Broadous completed 62.7 percent of his passes (141 of 225) for 2,064 yards and 20 touchdowns, best in the Portland Interscholastic League ... his 992 yards on 151 rushes (6.6 average per carry) and 18 touchdowns were No. 2 in the league as Broadous led Grant to a 12-1 mark, the PIL title and a berth in the semifinal round of Oregon’s Class 6A playoffs ... first-team all-state as both a quarterback and defensive back in 2007, earned Oregon state player of the year honors and was Portland Public Schools co-offensive player of the year for Class 6A ... as a junior, Broadous passed for 24 touchdowns and ran for 17 more ... accumulated 6,000 yards in total offense in the 2006 and 2007 seasons combined ... Grant was city champs both years ... also lettered in basketball and baseball ... earned all-state honors in baseball and played on state championship basketball team ... lost a total of four games in threee varsity football seasons ... maintained 3.0 grade-point average or better all four years ... visited Portland State and Oregon State before choosing Cal Poly.

MR. CHICKEN
January 7th, 2010, 09:19 PM
This QB is a dandy. Jordan Johnson.

Stats for 3 seasons
8258 Yards Passing
94 Touchdown passes
2903 yards rushing
45 Rushing Touchdowns

His Senior year
3508 Yards Passing
46 Passing TD's
Only 5 INT's
1091 Yards Rushing
20 Touchdowns rushing

Johnson Commits (http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/news/article/-601047458957889405/sheldons-jordan-johnson-6a-offensive-player-of-the-year-commits-to-montana/)

DID ANY-BODAH....TELL 'EM.......DUH CAA....IS WAITIN'.....xshhhx....AWK!

gbhmt
January 7th, 2010, 09:19 PM
"The plan is to put in some of the spread read-option that we've been doing," Marty Johnson said.

"That's kind of why he recruited me," Jordan Johnson said.

Looks like Pflugrad could be planning on moving to a spread offense?! xeekx

WyomingGrizFan
January 7th, 2010, 09:50 PM
DID ANY-BODAH....TELL 'EM.......DUH CAA....IS WAITIN'.....xshhhx....AWK!

Hey; since when?...I mean, they didn't tell no nobody that thers' was a crime to pluck and roast this here chick'en ya know; now dun th'ey? Feath'rans goin' to be flyin, dude.

uofmman1122
January 7th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Wow...This is awesome! xnodx

MplsBison
January 8th, 2010, 10:17 AM
This QB is a dandy. Jordan Johnson.

Stats for 3 seasons
8258 Yards Passing
94 Touchdown passes
2903 yards rushing
45 Rushing Touchdowns

His Senior year
3508 Yards Passing
46 Passing TD's
Only 5 INT's
1091 Yards Rushing
20 Touchdowns rushing

6-1 185

I see why the Ducks and Beavs didn't offer.

Don't worry, NDSU got Mr. Football in MN (from MN's highest class) and Gophers didn't offer him either.

Ronbo
January 8th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Jordan had offers from Air Force, Army, Portland State, and the Griz.

We won the NC in 1995 with a 5'11" QB.

gbhmt
January 8th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Jordan had offers from Air Force, Army, Portland State, and the Griz.

We won the NC in 1995 with a 5'11" QB.

Not only did he win a NC for us, he won it for his team in the CFL and won MVP.

Redwyn
January 8th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Not only did he win a NC for us, he won it for his team in the CFL and won MVP.

Gotta love the Doug Flutie complex

gbhmt
January 8th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Gotta love the Doug Flutie complex

It's just the truth. Little guys can get it done, too.

JMUNJ08
January 8th, 2010, 04:46 PM
It's just the truth. Little guys can get it done, too.

Thats what the ladies want you to think...xsmiley_wix

Hoyadestroya85
January 8th, 2010, 09:45 PM
I looked at the tape of this kid and I was pretty underwhelmed with his arm. Montana would have to stop using such a huge O-Line if they want this guy as their QB of the future.. Seems much more of a fit for an option system.

gbhmt
January 8th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I looked at the tape of this kid and I was pretty underwhelmed with his arm. Montana would have to stop using such a huge O-Line if they want this guy as their QB of the future.. Seems much more of a fit for an option system.

Pflugrad seems to be planning on moving to an option system, from the quotes from that article. He said in the press conference today that he's recruiting more speed. I'd expect to see him switch offenses in two years once he's got his recruits in the system.

Hoyadestroya85
January 8th, 2010, 11:30 PM
He should try to put that speed on defense based on the last two championship games xwhistlex

gbhmt
January 8th, 2010, 11:34 PM
He should try to put that speed on defense based on the last two championship games xwhistlex

He said he was recruiting speed everywhere. And his defense is going to be blitz heavy. To put it in perspective, the new DC was the DC that was with us when we won it all in 2001 (if you'll remember, that team was built around defensive dominance).

Ronbo
January 9th, 2010, 07:24 AM

Johnson just broke the Oregon record for total yards at 11,337. He also set the record for the highest completion percentage in Oregon history at 74.9%.

This is a great get. Take your comments elsewhere.xthumbsdownx

Tailbone
January 9th, 2010, 10:25 AM

The problem was defensive scheme, not speed.
I think that problem has been fixed.

....we'll see.

gbhmt
January 9th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Johnson just broke the Oregon record for total yards at 11,337. He also set the record for the highest completion percentage in Oregon history at 74.9%.

Speaking of the Oregon records, if you recall some previous record holders, you'll find some familiar names (Joey Harrington).

JMU DUUUKES LAW
January 9th, 2010, 11:22 AM
"I need to because our kids are champing at the bit to get going with the offseason stuff."

Good to see they are "champing" at the bit, hhaa

Hoyadestroya85
January 9th, 2010, 04:00 PM

It seems like a good get, but look at the tape.. The fact that he's throwing dump off passes seems to help his percentage.

Ronbo
January 9th, 2010, 05:29 PM
You need to watch again. Several 20+ passes over the middle. A 20+ TD pass to the end zone and several 10-15 yard sideline passes. Maybe their spread offense doesn't throw the 40-45 yard bomb. Doesn't mean he can't do it.

Here is Jordan Johnson's season passing stats.

.......................Comp...Att......Yds........ Y/G.....Comp %.....TD.....Int.....Long......QB Rating
Season Totals: 197....263....3508.....250.6......74.9%.....46.... ...5.........80...........148

NOTE: These numbers average 17.80 yards per reception. Tell me how many FCS QB's had a 17.8 yards per reception average? Please let me know.

GOKATS
January 9th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Looks like a good get, but time will tell. With his size it's obvious why more schools weren't interested.

Torgo
January 9th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Very nice. Size is a concern, but if he was a couple inches taller he wouldn't be a Griz.

100%GRIZ
January 9th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Looks like a good get, but time will tell. With his size it's obvious why more schools weren't interested.

Bobcat fans will see how good it gets soon enough as well as the rest of FCS! Can't wait for his debut!

Ronbo
January 9th, 2010, 07:16 PM
I'm thinkin' Drew Brees wouldn't like the way you guys are talking.xnodx:D

JohnStOnge
January 9th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I think that if it's true Air Force was after him he has potential as an option QB. That doesn't mean he can't be a different style QB too but it implies he's a good athlete who can run the football.

gbhmt
January 9th, 2010, 08:43 PM
It's definitely true that his forte seems to be option play. But guys, with the way Pflugrad is talking about the offense as being "upbeat, uptempo offense, with a lot of no huddle" and with Johnson's father quoted as saying ""The plan is to put in some of the spread read-option that we've been doing," it sounds like within a couple years, we'll be running a spread. I'd anticipate the offense being faster paced next year, but the same pro-style as we'll have seniors like Selle and Reynolds. The year after, I'd count on seeing a full-fledged spread, if there's any truth to the quote from Johnson's father.

GolfingGriz
January 9th, 2010, 11:39 PM
In terms of the size and arm strength comments didn't App State just graduate the best FCS player ever with very similar measurables?

QB position looks very solid for awhile. Selle next year, Kemp for two years, and then Johnson for three years.

gbhmt
January 9th, 2010, 11:53 PM
In terms of the size and arm strength comments didn't App State just graduate the best FCS player ever with very similar measurables?

QB position looks very solid for awhile. Selle next year, Kemp for two years, and then Johnson for three years.

Don't forget Zapata. I liked the look of him A LOT at the final fall scrimmage this year. Quick release throw, pretty agile. Kemp will have to compete with him.

CrazyCat
January 10th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Would Roper have an advantage over Selle with his knowledge of the spread?

laxVik
January 10th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Well Johnathan Smith, ex OSU QB, former QB coach at Idaho the past 6 seasons, is now the OC at Montana. I think a true spread is not in Montana's future. But maybe an option type offense is?

Ronbo
January 10th, 2010, 10:53 AM
You need to watch again. Several 20+ passes over the middle. A 20+ TD pass to the end zone and several 10-15 yard sideline passes. Maybe their spread offense doesn't throw the 40-45 yard bomb. Doesn't mean he can't do it.

Here is Jordan Johnson's season passing stats.

.......................Comp...Att......Yds........ Y/G.....Comp %.....TD.....Int.....Long......QB Rating
Season Totals: 197....263....3508.....250.6......74.9%.....46.... ...5.........80...........148

NOTE: These numbers average 17.80 yards per reception. Tell me how many FCS QB's had a 17.8 yards per reception average? Please let me know.

No answer to the yards per reception question?

I looked it up. Here were the best in FBS and FCS.

FBS - Tyrod Taylor, Virginia Tech, 16.99 yards per reception.

FCS - Ryan Perrilloux, Jacksonville State, 17.03 yards per reception.

Wow, it appears this kid has a great arm.xlolxxlolxxlolx

Ronbo
January 10th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Well Johnathan Smith, ex OSU QB, former QB coach at Idaho the past 6 seasons, is now the OC at Montana. I think a true spread is not in Montana's future. But maybe an option type offense is?

What does Oregon run? That's what we'll see.

laxVik
January 10th, 2010, 11:01 AM
What does Oregon run? That's what we'll see.Good luck then. Unless you have the speed to do so, including OL protection, it'll take a few years to get the right players.

Ronbo
January 10th, 2010, 11:14 AM
We led the Conference in fewest sacks. How much more protection is needed?

We have 4.38 to 4.5 receivers and a 4.5 back. Where is more speed needed? The QB? We have a 4.5 QB in the wings, Gerald Kemp.

laxVik
January 10th, 2010, 11:32 AM
We led the Conference in fewest sacks. How much more protection is needed?

We have 4.38 to 4.5 receivers and a 4.5 back. Where is more speed needed? The QB? We have a 4.5 QB in the wings, Gerald Kemp.Cocky aren't we? A move to the spread is not an overnight thing as much as you think it is.

Sheesh... xcoffeex

McNeese75
January 10th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Cocky aren't we? A move to the spread is not an overnight thing as much as you think it is.

Sheesh... xcoffeex

Agreed!! This will not be a 9 month process

CrazyCat
January 10th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Pflu himself said that they needed to recruit more speed.

ncbears
January 10th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Pflu himself said that they needed to recruit more speed.

Is everyone going to keep calling him "Pflu"? I'm not going to like that. It just sounds silly.
xnodxxnodx

BobbyMo
January 10th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Cocky aren't we? A move to the spread is not an overnight thing as much as you think it is.

Sheesh... xcoffeex

LOL, Ronbo is a the homer of all homers. DOH

GolfingGriz
January 10th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Good luck then. Unless you have the speed to do so, including OL protection, it'll take a few years to get the right players.

So does this mean people think we are going to have a down year?

Might have to rely on the defense a little more next year. With the athletes we currently have on that side and with the addition of Breske we'll be real real stout on that side of the ball.

ncbears
January 10th, 2010, 11:13 PM
LOL, Ronbo is a the homer of all homers. DOH

Dude is a jock-sniffer.

ncbears
January 10th, 2010, 11:14 PM

Might have to rely on the defense a little more next year. With the athletes we currently have on that side and with the addition of Breske we'll be real real stout on that side of the ball.

Breske is the man. xnodxxnodxxnodx

laxVik
January 11th, 2010, 08:48 AM

Might have to rely on the defense a little more next year. With the athletes we currently have on that side and with the addition of Breske we'll be real real stout on that side of the ball.I don't think you'll be like Michigan trying to adjust, but there certainly is a learning curve.

gbhmt
January 11th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Like I said earlier, the move to a spread would probably happen in two years, not this year. It gives time for us to graduate our seniors that fit in our current offense (Selle, Reynolds) and time for Pflugrad to recruit the speed he'll need for a spread. It won't happen immediately, and I don't anticipate seeing it this year.

GolfingGriz
January 11th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I don't think you'll be like Michigan trying to adjust, but there certainly is a learning curve.

True, but if anyone can do it its Montana. Even in a down year we blowout half the teams in the BSC.

bpcats
January 11th, 2010, 03:55 PM
If the Griz coach is going to more of a spread attack then he will need to recruit more athletic olineman. Hauck was a great believer in pounding a team into submission especially if they had any sort of lead. Hauck used his massive oline to his advantage.

The Griz have the talent at their skill positions to make that switch but developing/recruiting an oline to play that way will take a little time.

The Griz made a great hire and did it in a timely fashion so they really shouldn't lose any ground.

The Griz are playing at a high level right now and it is up to the other programs in the Big Sky to catch up which I think several teams are doing.

GolfingGriz
January 11th, 2010, 04:02 PM
If the Griz coach is going to more of a spread attack then he will need to recruit more athletic olineman. Hauck was a great believer in pounding a team into submission especially if they had any sort of lead. Hauck used his massive oline to his advantage.

The Griz have the talent at their skill positions to make that switch but developing/recruiting an oline to play that way will take a little time.

The Griz made a great hire and did it in a timely fashion so they really shouldn't lose any ground.

The Griz are playing at a high level right now and it is up to the other programs in the Big Sky to catch up which I think several teams are doing.

Very well said bpcats. This is definately an area that worries me for next season because not only will we need some small more athletic lineman, we lose three great seniors. It will be really interesting to see what the offense will look like next year because without players specifically recruited for the spread I don't think Pflu will install it completely. Especially when you have a talented pocket passer like Andrew Selle coming back.