PDA

View Full Version : Montana 2010 schedule

vettert49
January 7th, 2010, 05:43 AM
It seems to me that we will have another BSC title. I am tired of scheduling anything other than D1 schools. There are plenty of D1 schools close by (i.e. The Dakotas, Utah, Idaho, Washington, and Wyoming)

2010 MONTANA GRIZZLY FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT TIME (MTN.)
Sept. 4 Western State (Colo.) 1:05 p.m.
Sept. 11 at Cal Poly TBA
Sept. 18 at Eastern Washington* TBA
Sept. 25 Sacramento State* (HC) 1:05 p.m.
Oct. 2 at Northern Colorado* TBA
Oct. 9 Idaho State* 1:05 p.m.
Oct. 16 at Portland State* TBA
Oct. 23 Northern Arizona* 1:05 p.m.
Oct. 30 at Weber State* TBA
Nov. 6 OPEN
Nov. 13 North Dakota 12:05 p.m.
Nov. 20 Montana State* 12:05 p.m.

Ronbo
January 7th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I don't get the Griz fans that can't understand what adding UNC to the Big Sky did to Montana football. It took a OOC game away that allowed one extra home and home a year or a big FBS game. The fanbase demands 6 home games a year. The budget needs 6 home games a year. We have home and homes with the other two OCC games, Cal Poly and North Dakota. You could not use the 3rd OOC game as a home and home or FBS game or you end up with a 5 game home schedule in 2010 or 2011. Thus we are forced to schedule a DII to maintain 6 home games each year.

JMUNJ08
January 7th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I don't get the Griz fans that can't understand what adding UNC to the Big Sky did to Montana football. It took a OOC game away that allowed one extra home and home a year or a big FBS game. The fanbase demands 6 home games a year. The budget needs 6 home games a year. We have home and homes with the other two OCC games, Cal Poly and North Dakota. You could not use the 3rd OOC game as a home and home or FBS game or you end up with a 5 game home schedule in 2010 or 2011. Thus we are forced to schedule a DII to maintain 6 home games each year.

Correct. Other FCS teams want the home/home instead of the 1 and done. JMU is going to have that trouble when we open the new stadium update in 2011. Paying a lot of extra money for only 5 games won't fly with fans....

putter
January 7th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Yes, but the Western games were scheduled by Don Read and I am not very thrilled to pay $29 for those games but they have to fund the university somewhere. The article states that O'Day doesn't think they will do many more D2 games in the future. I would guess that is why he has scheduled home/homes with App, McNeese, North Dakota and NDSU.

89Hen
January 7th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Yes, but the Western games were scheduled by Don Read and I am not very thrilled to pay $29 for those games but they have to fund the university somewhere.
Think of it as preseason. Early September, you're just getting back into the swing of tailgaiting and watching, the weather is beautiful, life is good. xthumbsupx

putter
January 7th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Think of it as preseason. Early September, you're just getting back into the swing of tailgaiting and watching, the weather is beautiful, life is good. xthumbsupx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx gotta get the liver ready for the seasonal pounding...

89Hen
January 7th, 2010, 10:44 AM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx gotta get the liver ready for the seasonal pounding...
There's nothing wrong with easing your way into the season. I actually don't like opening games like McNeese/App. Sure it's cool, but I'd rather see that game later in the season. Of course if the option is to not have it at all, I'm OK with it being the opener.

ASUG8
January 7th, 2010, 10:49 AM
There's nothing wrong with easing your way into the season. I actually don't like opening games like McNeese/App. Sure it's cool, but I'd rather see that game later in the season. Of course if the option is to not have it at all, I'm OK with it being the opener.

0-2 out of the gate is no way to start a season...xsmhx

HenZoneNation
January 7th, 2010, 10:51 AM
God I can't wait for next season....the beer just tastes a little colder and a little better when you know there is football to watch.

GRIZ FANS:

How do you like this schedule? Do you think you'll have another undefeated regular season?

putter
January 7th, 2010, 10:59 AM
God I can't wait for next season....the beer just tastes a little colder and a little better when you know there is football to watch.

GRIZ FANS:

How do you like this schedule? Do you think you'll have another undefeated regular season?

Don't mind the schedule but this year will be interesting. Montana has been able to keep rolling now through 3 coaches since 1995 but I think there will be a change from the balanced Bobby Hauck ball to what Pflugrad will bring. Will there be growing pains for the players? Weber will be a challenge again if Higgins doesn't pee down his leg and they get Nakamura back. Eastern could be good if they find a QB but Jones will be a stud again at RB. could see 1 or 2 losses.

T-Dog
January 7th, 2010, 11:01 AM

That whole "testing yourself out of the gate" thing caused a ****storm on the App boards after the Montana game. One side saying we would have been at home if we hadn't of scheduled that game, the other saying that loss would have happened eventually that year and we needed the wakeup call.

Very interesting argument either way.

89Hen
January 7th, 2010, 11:14 AM
That whole "testing yourself out of the gate" thing caused a ****storm on the App boards after the Montana game. One side saying we would have been at home if we hadn't of scheduled that game, the other saying that loss would have happened eventually that year and we needed the wakeup call.

Very interesting argument either way.
It's not even that. I was thinking more along the lines of AppSt in November was not the AppSt of September 5, same goes for McNeese. Big opening games are often not representative of the teams. One of the reasons I-A teams have taken to playing tougher games early is because it's easier for them to overcome an early loss compared to a late season one. We don't have that issue in I-AA.

Take 2002... Delaware beats GSU in the season opener and goes 6-6 while GSU goes on to 9-2 and the semifinals. xeyebrowx

Proud Griz Man
January 9th, 2010, 03:27 PM

GRIZ FANS:

Undefeated? No. Tough road games #2 and #3.