PDA

View Full Version : Downing new UNC Head Coach

NoCoDanny
December 27th, 2005, 05:13 PM
http://uncbears.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122705aaa.html

TexasTerror
December 27th, 2005, 05:16 PM
I'm assuming he'll coach in the bowl game before taking over the HC duties?

NoCoDanny
December 27th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Yes, he will be coaching in the bowl game.

It's always so hard to decide if it's the right choice or not. However, having said that, I do trust Hinrichs (yeah I know, famous last words) and this guy has an extensive background in recruiting which is a skill very much needed at UNC. Our talent has been on the decline for the last few years. Truth be told, the former staff just didn't have the charisma or energy to really get recruits excited about the program.

Stang Fever
December 27th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Good Luck to Da Bears....this might be the guy to turn things around there...

GRZZ
December 27th, 2005, 08:30 PM
So while moving up a division your talent level actually declined? Dalton must have been a pretty bad recruiter. Could it be tougher competition or different recruits that the coach didn't adjust to? This isn't smack, it would just really surprise me if your talent level had went down, but if indeed it did, it is a very good thing you guys made a change.

UNCBearsFan
December 27th, 2005, 10:18 PM
I think the biggest problem is that the amount of scholarships did not significantly increase since or D2 years. Their was debate whether we were at 42 or 49 scholarships the last year. When we are at D2 were pretty much fully funded at 36. The tougher schedule has certainly made it harder. In my opinion there has to be realistic funding for UNC to be successful at I-AA level and not just blame the coach. This was a semifinal team in the D2 playoffs 3 years ago and I did not hear people calling for a coaching change then.