PDA

View Full Version : Request-BU,Hofstra,NE and Vermont FB t-shirts

Brad82
December 24th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Hey-anyone know where I can buy FB t-shirts for these defunct FCS programs?
Can't seem to find anything on internet?

Thanks.

UMass922
December 24th, 2009, 10:03 AM
The UVM bookstore sells (or at least used to sell) an "undefeated since 1974" football t-shirt. I'm not sure if that's the sort of thing you're looking for, though.

Old Cage
December 24th, 2009, 11:53 AM
The interwebs are wonderous:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=northeastern+%2B+football&_sacat=See-All-Categories

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 24th, 2009, 01:11 PM
The UVM bookstore sells (or at least used to sell) an "undefeated since 1974" football t-shirt. I'm not sure if that's the sort of thing you're looking for, though.

Undefeated Shirt (http://uvmbookstore.uvm.edu/shop_product_detail.asp?catalog_group_id=MQ&catalog_group_name=R2VuZXJhbCBNZXJjaGFuZGlzZQ&catalog_id=383&catalog_name=QWxsIFRoaW5ncyBTcG9ydHM&pf_id=119494971060&product_name=VW5kZWZlYXRlZCBGb290YmFsbCBULVNoaXJ0&type=1&target=shop_product_list.asp)

I'm not sure you'll find anything else because it's been 35 years since UVM played football. And I'm not sure they had "Vermont Football" tee shirts back then. I don't recall UNH having anything like that back then. If they did, it was probably only available to the players.

BU has been without football now for over a decade, right? You've got a better chance of getting a Terrier Football shirt. You should post something on the America East forum, the USCHO forum (ice hockey) or a BU specific forum since that's where their fans and alumni hang out.

Bogus Megapardus
December 24th, 2009, 01:42 PM
If I recall correctly, the "undefeated since" catch-line first was used by Rider College, whose football team was disbanded in 1951 in the midst of a point-shaving scandal - "Undefeated Since 1951." Rider has the resources and desire to field an FCS team, but institutional resistance has always prevented them from doing so.

seenalot
December 24th, 2009, 01:49 PM
And in UVM's case it would be undefeated since 1975 - they played in '74.

WyomingGrizFan
December 24th, 2009, 02:34 PM
If I recall correctly, the "undefeated since" catch-line first was used by Rider College, whose football team was disbanded in 1951 in the midst of a point-shaving scandal - "Undefeated Since 1951."

That's interesting. Maybe that's where Gonzaga picked up their "Undefeated since 1942" slogan for their now defunct football program. They used to be a member of the Big Sky Conference in basketball at least at one time as well.

Jackman
December 24th, 2009, 03:26 PM
And in UVM's case it would be undefeated since 1975 - they played in '74.

Did they win their last game?

MplsBison
December 24th, 2009, 03:46 PM
New England Football Conference:

Maine
New Hampshire
Vermont (starts football)
Rhode Island
UMass
Central Conn State
Albany
Stony Brook
Bryant

art vandelay
December 26th, 2009, 02:35 PM
New England Football Conference:

Maine
New Hampshire
Vermont (starts football)
Rhode Island
UMass
Central Conn State
Albany
Stony Brook
Bryant

New York is not part of New England

UAalum72
December 26th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Albany is just 27 miles from Massachusetts, and only the water of Long Island Sound is between Stony Brook and Bridgeport. In a world where St. Louis is in the Atlantic-"10" and New Jersey Tech is in the Great West, getting football at Vermont is a lot more problematic than stretching the borders of an informal region.

Jackman
December 26th, 2009, 04:25 PM

That's why the original "New England Conference" became the "Yankee Conference" back in the 1940s: expansion into New York.

Husky Alum
December 26th, 2009, 05:30 PM
The Northeastern bookstore had some the last time I was there.

I have a bunch of authentic NU football stuff, but I'm holding on to it for dear life.

I did get a helmet from Rocky Hager a couple of years ago as a "thank you" and it's displayed prominently in my office.

brownbear
December 26th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Vermont just started up a club football team a few years ago, they might have some UVM football shirts for you

UAalum72
December 26th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Vermont just started up a club football team a few years ago, they might have some UVM football shirts for you

http://www.uvmfootball.com/ssp/merchandise