PDA

View Full Version : Colgate OC named OL Coach at UCONN

DC 'gater
December 26th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Reported at www.gocolgateraiders.com

Offensive Coordinator Mike Foley has been named Offensive Line Coach at UCONN.

Foles has given so much to his alma mater personally and professionally. He will be missed at 'gate.

ngineer
December 26th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Hmmm...Did '13' see this coming? Lot's of musical chairs in the PL this year and we ain't done...Did Biddle's extension have something to do with this, i.e. thought he may get HC sooner than later? Then, again, wants to start scaling the I-A ladder and/or merry-go-round? :rotateh:

Pard4Life
December 27th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Don't know much about him... but the move is a tribute to the excellence of Colgate's staff. Their offense has much to be feared.

DC 'gater
December 27th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Hmmm...Did '13' see this coming? Lot's of musical chairs in the PL this year and we ain't done...Did Biddle's extension have something to do with this, i.e. thought he may get HC sooner than later? Then, again, wants to start scaling the I-A ladder and/or merry-go-round? :rotateh:

He was already the HC from 1988 to 1992. I'm not so sure he wanted it again. He is a New England guy so maybe its a family move as well as a job in the Big East.

Regardless, I think most of the Colgate community will wish him great success.

colgate13
December 28th, 2005, 08:00 AM
I think this is Foley's chance to go I-A. He was not looking to be HC again at Colgate (already pointed out). He's from that area and his kids have all graduated from college (Colgate gives a nice tuition benefit), so now is the time to move. He might have also wanted a change of scenery. It does happen!

I did not see this coming but I'm not surprised. I think we'll promote Dan Hunt (QB coach), but that's just my opinion.

Very interesting off season for the PL in terms of coaching to say the least.