PDA

View Full Version : Hofstra Transfer List

Uncle Buck
December 22nd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Didn't see t his posted elsewhere, but coach Cohen sent an email today with the new homes and in some cases to the two finalists for HU players. Some good talent.

Barr Quincy Delaware - I loved this kid in the spring and summer, will be a player.
Brown Kevin Fordham/E. Kentucky
Cameron Ronnie Old Dominion - tough nose kid who gets to the ball.
Cruz Jose Syracuse
Dangerfield Jordan Towson - Young with a great knack for the ball.
Dennis Christian Elon - not a burner but has phenomenal hands
Dima Anthony UMASS - Huge kid, could be another solid UMass o-lineman
Francklin Reggie Stonybrook - undersized, hits anything that moves.
Gaida Said Albany - Tough kid, undersized but a competitor
Glass Coy Indiana State
Harrell Jaren Sacramento St. - Solid on the o-line
Hartsfield Johnny Coastal Carolina - Great athlete for a big man, will be a player
Heron Garrett Duquense
Hudeen Basim Idaho St. - Undersized, weird place to end up, but an athlete
Jackolski Brock Stonybrook - Probably best all around athlete at HU
Jacobs Omar Maine - Strong d-lineman that hold his own
Johnson Dontavious Coastal Carolina
Johnson Zamel Temple
Koonce Carlton Fordham - 4 years left, great athletic ability
Massimino Roland Tufts/John Hopkins
Mayo Deron Old Dominion - Undersized end for us, but man can he play
Maysonet Miguel Stonybrook - Will be phenomenal with Brock and Gowins
McBride Matt Rutgers
McFarlane Tyler Lafayette
Miller Jamari Wagner
Moore Derek E.Kentucky
Nelson Anthony UMASS - Fast, fast, fast, can make plays
Ottaiano Tom Monmouth
Paulemon Jordy Villanova - Strong as an ox, will be a nice addition
Probst Steve Rhode Island - Locky SOB's, he should have been the HU starter
Talbert Nicholas Fordham
Thomas Christopher Coastal Carolina
Weaver Aaron Syracuse

Sly Fox
December 22nd, 2009, 08:42 PM
How on earth did the Massimino kid end up anywhere other than 'Nova? And the Houston contingent on here has to wonder about Cheo as well..

Didn't expect to see Coastal clean up on Long Island. best of luck to all these kids who deserved a better deal than what they received.

Jackman
December 22nd, 2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the info, Uncle Buck. Glad we got one of the WRs who torched us in Hofstra's final game ever. Any chance Dima redshirted? I don't see him listed on Hofstra's Game Participation tables.

BDKJMU
December 22nd, 2009, 09:11 PM
Dima Anthony UMASS - Huge kid, could be another solid UMass o-lineman

Any chance Dima redshirted? I don't see him listed on Hofstra's Game Participation tables.

There was a thread on the JMU page of the zone talking about HU transfers that would be good to get. One poster:
"I coach H.S. football on Long Island. I've seen Dima play first hand against my team in a scrimmage. One word: AWFUL."

Jackolski Brock Stonybrook - Probably best all around athlete at HU

He also said, "JMU should go after Brock Jacklowski. He was hands down the best player to come out of LI high schools in the past 5 years. In the JMU-Hofstra game this year, he was clearly the best player on the field. Also, he has 2 years eligibility remaining."

BDKJMU
December 22nd, 2009, 09:23 PM
How on earth did the Massimino kid end up anywhere other than 'Nova? And the Houston contingent on here has to wonder about Cheo as well..

Didn't expect to see Coastal clean up on Long Island. best of luck to all these kids who deserved a better deal than what they received.

Yeah, not surprised SB got 3 and Fordham got 2-3. I didn't expect CC would get 3.
Johnny Hartsfield, rFr DT- Coastal Carolina
Dontavious Johnson- Coastal Carolina
Christopher Thomas- Coastal Carolina

Hartsfield actually visited JMU. Guess since he's from FL he wanted to be closer to home.
http://www.dnronline.com/details.php?AID=42933&CHID=3

Also see ODU got a pair:
Deron Mayo, rJr DE- ODU
Ronnie Cameron-ODU

Mayo was a starter at de end (at least for the JMU game) but was only listed at 5'11", 214. He is from from (or at least played HS ball in) Hampton VA, right next to Norfolk/ODU, so he is essentially going home for his senior year.

WrenFGun
December 22nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
Man...not one player to UNH?

BDKJMU
December 22nd, 2009, 09:42 PM

Of the 7 CAA transfers off Uncle Buck's post, going off the game notes from the JMU @ HU game:

Anthony Dima, OL- UMass
Anthony Nelson, Jr, WR- UMass (5'11", 180, starter)
Jordy Paulemon- rFR OT- Nova (6'3", 297, listed as 2nd string RT vs JMU)
Quincy Barr- UD
Steve Probst, So, QB- URI (6'4", 214, listed as 2nd string QB vs JMU, did rotate in).
Omar Jacobs, So, DT- Maine (6'1", 257, starter).
Jordan Dangerfield-Fr, WS- Towson (5'11", 170, starter).

He only listed about 34 players- I would imagine there might be a few who haven't decided.

Hoyadestroya85
December 22nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
Good, we needed depth at Tackle. Sorta shocked that Roland Massimino isn't getting a look from Villanova.. might be worth it for him to walk on. So Uncle Buck, This Jordy Paulemon kid is a good player? Could he be moved to Nose Tackle?

Franks Tanks
December 22nd, 2009, 11:26 PM
Good, we needed depth at Tackle. Sorta shocked that Roland Massimino isn't getting a look from Villanova.. might be worth it for him to walk on. So Uncle Buck, This Jordy Paulemon kid is a good player? Could he be moved to Nose Tackle?

The kid probably just wants to play. He wasnt getting on the fileld at Hofstra so I doubt he would do so at Nova.

UNHFootballAlum
December 23rd, 2009, 02:31 AM

It shows that we still have a tough time getting players to come to UNH. Its and old story, but it continues to show that we need new fieldhouse facilities to compete with these other schools. Even Maine got a player

Jackman
December 23rd, 2009, 03:08 AM
Could also mean that UNH is so happy with its recruits that they don't want any of these transfers. Villanova, Richmond and William & Mary haven't been popping up much on these lists either.

tribe_pride
December 23rd, 2009, 06:45 AM
Could also mean that UNH is so happy with its recruits that they don't want any of these transfers. Villanova, Richmond and William & Mary haven't been popping up much on these lists either.

While we got Paulus junior as a transfer recently, rarely will you see W&M accepting transfers.

Tribe4SF
December 23rd, 2009, 06:56 AM
The academic issue is a major barrier for W&M. Being a good student isn't enough. The school is obligated to take top academic transfers from the Virginia Community College system, and has very few slots for other transfers. Football transfers need an exceptional academic resume.

State Line Liquors
December 23rd, 2009, 08:37 AM
There was a thread on the JMU page of the zone talking about HU transfers that would be good to get. One poster:
"I coach H.S. football on Long Island. I've seen Dima play first hand against my team in a scrimmage. One word: AWFUL."

He also said, "JMU should go after Brock Jacklowski. He was hands down the best player to come out of LI high schools in the past 5 years. In the JMU-Hofstra game this year, he was clearly the best player on the field. Also, he has 2 years eligibility remaining."

If the best football player to come out of LI high schools in the last 5 years ended up playing for Hofstra, then that speaks volumes about the talent pool on LI.

GannonFan
December 23rd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Didn't see t his posted elsewhere, but coach Cohen sent an email today with the new homes and in some cases to the two finalists for HU players. Some good talent.

Barr Quincy Delaware - I loved this kid in the spring and summer, will be a player.

Buck, what's the story on Barr - was he hurt this year? After playing as a true freshman, he only, apparently, got in two games this year. Just curious.

UNHFootballAlum
December 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM

I am not buying that answer. We could use an established WR with some speed to stretch the defense, an RB, OL, & DL

SpeedkingATL
December 23rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
Best of luck to all these kids. They deserved better than this.

UNH Fanboi
December 23rd, 2009, 02:00 PM
I am not buying that answer. We could use an established WR with some speed to stretch the defense, an RB, OL, & DL

And I could really use a cup of coffee and a blow job.

Redwyn
December 23rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
If the best football player to come out of LI high schools in the last 5 years ended up playing for Hofstra, then that speaks volumes about the talent pool on LI.

LI = Lacrosse factory

Football is typically a second sport. Pure athletes are far more likely to end up competing in an established winter or spring sport on LI. Don't let this fool you. LI produces fantastic athletes. Football, however, is a popular second priority here.

UNHFootballAlum
December 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM

I got mine, you have to fend for yourself.

UNHFootballAlum
December 23rd, 2009, 03:59 PM

You must think that we are set at those positions

Hoyadestroya85
December 23rd, 2009, 05:48 PM
You can never be set at those positions..

State Line Liquors
December 23rd, 2009, 05:52 PM

Well played sir

Seawolf97
December 23rd, 2009, 06:27 PM

3 Hansen Award Winners in the same backfield is going to be interesting to say the least.I understand we also signed Hansen winner 4 in a QB from Half Hollow West. Cruz I beleive is his last name. Rocket arm with speed who will be a freshman in 2010. Now all we need is an offensive line to propel all that talent.

Zangzigger
December 23rd, 2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the comments about each player. Great help.

Bam
December 24th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Maybe I am blind, but I did not see Kevin Brown on this yr's roster?

paward
December 24th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Wish all the guys on Hosftra football team well with placement on a good team and good school. I am still reeling about how this program goes from someone's 7th pick in the nation pre-season to this. I hope that one day both HU and NU will reconsider this move. I will think the alumni base will speak volumes for reincarnating those programs.

The age of phrase, "do not turn around you are almost there," should have been the thought pattern here.

Bam
December 24th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Wish all the guys on Hosftra football team well with placement on a good team and good school. I am still reeling about how this program goes from someone's 7th pick in the nation pre-season to this. I hope that one day both HU and NU will reconsider this move. I will think the alumni base will speak volumes for reincarnating those programs.

The age of phrase, "do not turn around you are almost there," should have been the thought pattern here.

Just goes to show that Pre-seasons polls are foolish.

Seawolf97
December 26th, 2009, 08:49 PM

What was destroyed by a terrible decision would take years to rebuild. That is part of the tragedy of this for both teams.xnonono2x

State Line Liquors
December 27th, 2009, 02:07 PM
LI = Lacrosse factory

Football is typically a second sport. Pure athletes are far more likely to end up competing in an established winter or spring sport on LI. Don't let this fool you. LI produces fantastic athletes. Football, however, is a popular second priority here.

Yup. LI is a good Lax breeding ground.

I think you and I both know that the best football player to come out of Long Island in the last 5 years (whoever that may have been) wasn't a Hofstra player.

Uncle Buck
December 29th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the info, Uncle Buck. Glad we got one of the WRs who torched us in Hofstra's final game ever. Any chance Dima redshirted? I don't see him listed on Hofstra's Game Participation tables.

He did redshirt. A big kid with a lot of potential for growth. I've heard mixed reviews about him, but with that kind of size, you don't usually see them start out at this level as a gem. They have to be polished and cultivated/

Paulemon is a super athlete for a big man. I was shocked to see him end up on the o-line to begin with, but i could easily see him at the nose or DT. The kid is strong and agile, trust me, he will be good for you.

Buck, what's the story on Barr - was he hurt this year? After playing as a true freshman, he only, apparently, got in two games this year. Just curious.

I think those two participation reports were incorrect. Someone i know close to the program said that he did not play at all. I always wondered why since he tore it up in the spring and summer. Strong legs and a high motor, i believe they redshirted him this year to develop him since he was forced into playing as a frosh.

Yup. LI is a good Lax breeding ground.

I think you and I both know that the best football player to come out of Long Island in the last 5 years (whoever that may have been) wasn't a Hofstra player.

Some guys like to stay home so stop hating on Hofstra. We've had some great talent and i can tell you, Jackolski is as good as anyone i can recall from LI. NY State Gatorade Player of the Year and yes, a hell of an athlete. He wasn't used the right way by our inept coordinator, but i would agree, the best LI football player in the last five years.

Hoyadestroya85
December 29th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Villanova has had a couple really good players from LI, both of whom have spent time on NFL rosters:

Darrel Young- Amityville
Darrell Adams- Bayshore

GannonFan
December 30th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I think those two participation reports were incorrect. Someone i know close to the program said that he did not play at all. I always wondered why since he tore it up in the spring and summer. Strong legs and a high motor, i believe they redshirted him this year to develop him since he was forced into playing as a frosh.

Thanks UB. xthumbsupx You're always welcome to hang out in Newark and watch the Hens - the tailgate's on us! xthumbsupx

odubum
December 30th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Thank you to the fine administration at Hofstra for killing football and letting Old Dominion get two fine football players for our fledgling program. Hopefully they will make a big impact for us.

ThompsonThe
December 30th, 2009, 09:29 AM
This is really a sad thread......schools doing away with football programs.
Glad that App State would never do something like that. Every player seems to love the new football facilities. Football players and coaches work so hard to be the best that they can be, so good to see them have such good amenities at the football stadium.

Good luck to each of those players. Got to go hit the ski slope.

Fordham
January 4th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Brown Kevin Fordham/E. Kentucky UB, any word on where Brown decided to go?

1standgoal
January 5th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Kevin Brown to Fordham......also Griffin Murphy, QB from Mass.

Fordham
January 5th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks!

CFBfan
January 5th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Kevin Brown to Fordham......also Griffin Murphy, QB from Mass.

looks like the schollies are reaping big dividends right away

1standgoal
January 5th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Time will tell......I think they will be competitive at the least, will have to replace alot of offensive production from the departure of Skelton. Any info on any Northeastern players that may be coming in?

CFBfan
January 5th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Time will tell......I think they will be competitive at the least, will have to replace alot of offensive production from the departure of Skelton. Any info on any Northeastern players that may be coming in?

at the very least FU will be light years ahead of all other PL teams who will be lucky to get 2 or 3 collectively imo

Uncle Buck
January 6th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks UB. xthumbsupx You're always welcome to hang out in Newark and watch the Hens - the tailgate's on us! xthumbsupx

I may have to make a few trips next year and UD is an easy day trip. Save a cold one for me.

Man this fall is going to suck, f'ing Rabinowitz.

Bogus Megapardus
January 6th, 2010, 05:29 PM
at the very least FU will be light years ahead of all other PL teams who will be lucky to get 2 or 3 collectively imo

Fordham is ineligible for the Patriot League title and for any individual or team records. It is essentially an independent playing a convenience schedule tied to a conference. Whether a 60 scholarship team playing a non-scholarship conference schedule makes it "light years ahead" of anything is debatable.

CFBfan
January 7th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Fordham is ineligible for the Patriot League title and for any individual or team records. It is essentially an independent playing a convenience schedule tied to a conference. Whether a 60 scholarship team playing a non-scholarship conference schedule makes it "light years ahead" of anything is debatable.

like you Bogus I am a PL fan BUT the scollies put FU "light years" ahead of the PL in getting quality players from Hofstra and NE is what I was refering to here. I don't think that is up for debate.......

Franks Tanks
January 7th, 2010, 07:47 AM
like you Bogus I am a PL fan BUT the scollies put FU "light years" ahead of the PL in getting quality players from Hofstra and NE is what I was refering to here. I don't think that is up for debate.......

Lafayette is recieving one transfer from Northeastern and one from Hofstra.

It is natural that Fordham will get more Hofstra transfers due to their location.

Redwyn
January 7th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Lafayette is recieving one transfer from Northeastern and one from Hofstra.

It is natural that Fordham will get more Hofstra transfers due to their location.

I'm sorta thinking the same thing. I'll be honest...Fordham's record last season was less than stellar and scholarships or not I don't believe they're getting any sort of leg up on PL teams yet.

Whether this equality will last? I think money talks, so probably not. But right now the demonstrated athletic competence is too low to capitalize. As for the Hofstra/NE transfers...I'm keen to agree that geographic location is big. Kids from LI who stayed here to begin with likely want to remain here.

Franks Tanks
January 7th, 2010, 09:39 AM
I'm sorta thinking the same thing. I'll be honest...Fordham's record last season was less than stellar and scholarships or not I don't believe they're getting any sort of leg up on PL teams yet.

Whether this equality will last? I think money talks, so probably not. But right now the demonstrated athletic competence is too low to capitalize. As for the Hofstra/NE transfers...I'm keen to agree that geographic location is big. Kids from LI who stayed here to begin with likely want to remain here.

Fordham is losing an NFL prospect at QB and they have an offense that is very dependant on the QB-- they may not be better next year.

The scholly players will naturally be freshman, and freshman dont play a lot even if they are scholarship athletes. We saw this with Towson-- they started giving scholarship, but were still losing to PL teams.

On another note SBU looks like you got some studs from Hofstra. Not good for the Leopards in our meeting next year.

CFBfan
January 7th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Fordham is losing an NFL prospect at QB and they have an offense that is very dependant on the QB-- they may not be better next year.

The scholly players will naturally be freshman, and freshman dont play a lot even if they are scholarship athletes. We saw this with Towson-- they started giving scholarship, but were still losing to PL teams.

On another note SBU looks like you got some studs from Hofstra. Not good for the Leopards in our meeting next year.

again, my point was imo FU will get more Hofstra and NE players than the rest of the PL teams combined and without schollies imo this would not be the case unless the other PL schools can provide full finacial aid packages.

DFW HOYA
January 7th, 2010, 10:44 AM

To that point, games against Fordham should not even count in the win-loss records for league play, correct?

Bogus Megapardus
January 7th, 2010, 11:33 AM
To that point, games against Fordham should not even count in the win-loss records for league play, correct?

I think so. But the Fordham games certainly will count for PL at-large and seeding purposes, and for any strength-of-schedule analysis. I'm not sure how the Fordham games will be used in league tie-breaking procedures. Probably as a "common opponent" game but not as a "league opponent" game. If a tie breaker comes down to a vote of the ADs, Fordham probably doesn't vote. Again, this is pure speculation. I have no otherwise-informed basis to assume any of this is accurate.

Seawolf97
January 7th, 2010, 11:46 AM

We will have consecutive Hanson Award winners in the backfield with Gowins,Jackolski and Maysonet. These three are proven ground gainers .

Lehigh Football Nation
January 8th, 2010, 02:08 PM

The are ineligible for league records, etc, but their W-L record does count for league play. Think of them as a Jacksonville State (ineligible for the PL title) but with the ability to qualify as an at-large for the FCS playoffs.

Incidentally, Fordham folks may forget that they already have Lou Ritaccio, UD's former QB, eligible to play in fall 2010. He transferred in 2009, but had to sit out a year. He'll step in nicely where Skelton left off, I think.

1standgoal
January 8th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Is this similar to say Notre Dame who is independent, the kids cannot win any "league" awards and they cannot win any conference titles, but get an at large bid to the bowl games?.......still trying to figure this out.

Fordham
January 8th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Ritaccio left the team before Spring practice was even over. Open competition at QB - going to be a big hole to fill (literally and figuratively) and likely the thing that puts us in the middle-to-lower-half of the PL pre-season rankings (I would guess).

1standgoal - it's nothing more than a scheduling arrangement/marriage of convenience for now that allows both sides some time to figure out just what the heck is going to happen with the PL and scholarships before either separating or reaffirming commitments. I don't think the ND comparison applies since they're a true independent. It would be more like ND if ND was locked into playing a Big 10 schedule but still not eligible for a Big 10 title, post-season awards, etc.

1standgoal
January 8th, 2010, 06:45 PM
@Fordham..........thanks......makes sense....bottom line....win and everything will take care of itself....can't wait until spring ball.

DFW HOYA
January 8th, 2010, 07:37 PM
The are ineligible for league records, etc, but their W-L record does count for league play. Think of them as a Jacksonville State (ineligible for the PL title) but with the ability to qualify as an at-large for the FCS playoffs.

Technical question: let's say other schools see this as a low risk, high reward situation. How many schools can be declared "ineligible" before the PL's autobid is at risk? Clearly, there's no bid if Bucknell and Georgetown are the only "eligible" schools, but is there a tipping point if, say, Colgate does the same thing?

Fordham
January 8th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Technical question: let's say other schools see this as a low risk, high reward situation. How many schools can be declared "ineligible" before the PL's autobid is at risk? Clearly, there's no bid if Bucknell and Georgetown are the only "eligible" schools, but is there a tipping point if, say, Colgate does the same thing?

It's a good question but I would have to think that if the league was so split that it had another member insisting on going the full scholarship route but couldn't find the consensus to do so that it would simply announce the 'everyone-do-what-you-want-ala-hoops' solution in order to save face.

jimbo65
January 11th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Incidentally, Fordham folks may forget that they already have Lou Ritaccio, UD's former QB, eligible to play in fall 2010. He transferred in 2009, but had to sit out a year. He'll step in nicely where Skelton left off, I think.
Don't want to start a rumor but I beleive Ritaccio "left the building" so to speak after a short stay in the Bx. Again, am not positive but I beleive that to be the case.

biobengal
January 14th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Basim Hudeen & Greg Melendez both to Idaho State.

Their 150 combined tackles (2nd and 3rd on the team) should make an immediate impact for a porous defense. xnodx

Hoyadestroya85
January 14th, 2010, 09:43 PM
The fact that they had 150 combined tackles is BECAUSE they were already on a porous defense.. Villanova ran for 410 yards against them.. Then again, we ran for 394 against Montana.