PDA

View Full Version : Report: Southern Backs Out on McNeese Again

TexasTerror
December 21st, 2009, 05:40 PM
Southern was going to McNeese next year to "make good" on pulling out during 2005.

Now, the report out of Baton Rouge, La and Carlos Brown (of the Jaguar Journal) is that Southern will not be playing the Pokes as scheduled in 2010.

I really hope Southern either pays McNeese appropriately per the stipulations in the original contract OR reschedules them as soon as possible.

What's the verdict?

3rd Coast Tiger
December 21st, 2009, 06:37 PM
What's the verdict?

Innocent or Guilty :D

TexasTerror
December 21st, 2009, 07:05 PM
Innocent or Guilty :D

Speaking of payouts on broken contracts - any word if PV has made arrangements with SHSU in football or Texas Southern has done the same with SHSU in hoops?

Wonder if SLU is getting compensation for Alcorn State...?

McNeese75
December 21st, 2009, 09:16 PM
There out and... xcoffeex

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 21st, 2009, 09:47 PM
Southern was going to McNeese next year to "make good" on pulling out during 2005.

Now, the report out of Baton Rouge, La and Carlos Brown (of the Jaguar Journal) is that Southern will not be playing the Pokes as scheduled in 2010.

I really hope Southern either pays McNeese appropriately per the stipulations in the original contract OR reschedules them as soon as possible.

What's the verdict?

9 game mandate. And what you call pulling out, we call HURRICANE KATRINA.

gram4life
December 21st, 2009, 10:13 PM
what does the 9 game mandate have to do with it? You have 2 open slots?

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 21st, 2009, 10:49 PM

For SU To meet its Budget, they have to have a certain amount of home games. SU will be in the SWAC/Meac game to open the season in 2010. If SU would have gone to LC, SU wouldnt have the amount of home games it needs.

pokefan02
December 22nd, 2009, 12:16 AM
Just pay McNeese the 350,000 dollars a home game would make and you will not have to lose to us. This is probably a low figure so y'all come out ahead

bluedog
December 22nd, 2009, 12:31 AM
Just pay McNeese the 350,000 dollars a home game would make and you will not have to lose to us. This is probably a low figure so y'all come out ahead

Looking for that welfare check huh?

bluedog
December 22nd, 2009, 12:34 AM

You know this is straight up mess up don't you? You need you butt kick for even trying this stuff.

Hope you feel like a big man, because you know damn well what the 9 game mandate has to do with it.

I'm so sick of some you coming over here messing up when you think nobody's looking it makes my tushy itch.

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2009, 07:41 AM

Correct...

Southern has known the nine-game mandate was returning. And they hit the "bail out" button now?

Southern, this was a great chance for you to take on McNeese. They are losing a great deal of talent. Granted, you guys are going to have a hard time beating them regardless if you have your greatest team ever or what not, but this was an opportune time.

Now, you burn the bridges with them once more. The SWAC mandate is really hurting you guys thus far, because based on the scheduling issues this year (PV, Alcorn) and now next year (SU), it's already causing schools to pay buyouts.

Really hope you guys are getting enough $$$ from the MEAC-SWAC Challenge (why is SU playing in it anyway? what'd you guys do this year?) and FBS beat downs to pay for these buyouts...

gram4life
December 22nd, 2009, 08:38 AM
You know this is straight up mess up don't you? You need you butt kick for even trying this stuff.

Hope you feel like a big man, because you know damn well what the 9 game mandate has to do with it.

I'm so sick of some you coming over here messing up when you think nobody's looking it makes my tushy itch.

Man what are you talking about, you got me confused with someone else from the other board. I asked because I don't understand what the 9 game mandate had to do with backing out. Hell its the second time yall have done it, don't get mad at me.

msusig
December 22nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Looking for that welfare check huh?

Welfare check? That's funny. It is called a penalty for backing out of the game. It doesn't matter what stupid excuse you have for backing out. It is time to show up or pay up. I could care less if McNeese plays Southern. It is a guaranteed win for McNeese so I would rather watch McNeese play somebody that can compete.

So when is Southern merging with LSU?

DG Cowboy
December 22nd, 2009, 09:03 AM
Here are the facts:

McNeese played SU in BR.
SU did not return the game due to Hurricane Katrina factors. Understandable.
SU said it wants to return the game, and has pulled out at least twice.
SU has now has had 5 opportunities to return the game, including 2010.

I work with several Jag fans, and they do not understand the delay either. They catch it from Grambling fans who correctly point out that McNeese returned the game to Grambling in their home and home.

msusig
December 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
Here are the facts:

McNeese played SU in BR.

I work with several Jag fans, and they do not understand the delay either. They catch it from Grambling fans who correctly point out that McNeese returned the game to Grambling in their home and home.

I honestly never went to the Grambling or Southern away games. I had no desire to go to their stadiums. So they just need to pay up and we never need to schedule them again. Well except for maybe Grambling since at least they are honest.

3rd Coast Tiger
December 22nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
So when is Southern merging with LSU?

Dude, what does that have to do with "Any Given Saturday"? xnonox

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2009, 10:42 AM
I honestly never went to the Grambling or Southern away games. I had no desire to go to their stadiums. So they just need to pay up and we never need to schedule them again. Well except for maybe Grambling since at least they are honest.

I agree that the SWAC schools that owe the Southland schools money for backing out of schedules pay up.

However, I do think that the scheduling needs to occur for budget reasons (short travel, often times same-day trips in most, if not all sports). If we do schedule, the SWAC schools, since they have a propensity to drop out, need to come to the SLC venues first and the guarantees in case they drop off, must be increased by double.

jstate83
December 22nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
I agree that the SWAC schools that owe the Southland schools money for backing out of schedules pay up.

However, I do think that the scheduling needs to occur for budget reasons (short travel, often times same-day trips in most, if not all sports). If we do schedule, the SWAC schools, since they have a propensity to drop out, need to come to the SLC venues first and the guarantees in case they drop off, must be increased by double.

What school's have ya'll scheduled from the SWAC besides SU and GRAM?
Could have sworn GRAM played both games against McNeese.

We had a contract with Northwestern for 2003 and 2004 and played both.
We went there in 2003 and they came to Jackson in 2004.

TSUalum05
December 22nd, 2009, 10:57 AM
A contract is a contract, I say we should stop playing you.

Those Universities, including my University that has dropped games with the Southland do not need you. Even if we did not schedule those $$ games, we still wouldnt need you.

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2009, 11:09 AM
What school's have ya'll scheduled from the SWAC besides SU and GRAM? Could have sworn GRAM played both games against McNeese.

Welcome to last year...

Alcorn bailed on Southeastern Louisiana last year.
Prairie View bailed on Sam Houston State last year.

In men's hoops, SHSU's AD came out this fall, saying we're still trying to come to an agreement with TSU on their pay out for pulling out on us, when he said that we're trying to get PV to agree to resuming the series or paying us in football.

A contract is a contract, I say we should stop playing you.

Those Universities, including my University that has dropped games with the Southland do not need you. Even if we did not schedule those $$ games, we still wouldnt need you.

Texas Southern needs to play the Southland in the non-revenue sports. The Southland could probably get by, since they seemingly can get all the other local universities to play them. Does not seem to be the case in baseball - where TSU and PV fail to get on the schedules of the local teams from C-USA and the Big 12 on a regular basis. And then you have a sport like soccer where the SLC foe make a large part of the Division I OOC slate.

Just look at Southern in baseball for comparison. They have the flagship baseball program in the league and can not even fill a baseball schedule with the allowable amount of games (partially budget, partially Cador - pending who you ask). TSU has a better situation with as many schools within 2-3 hours.

jstate83
December 22nd, 2009, 11:12 AM
Welcome to last year...

Alcorn bailed on Southeastern Louisiana last year.
Prairie View bailed on Sam Houston State last year.

let's see.
Play USM or Southeastern.
I'll play USM everytime TT.

On P. View, didn't even know they had a game scheduled with SHU.
As for the problem you have with the SWAC bailing, stop calling and trying to set up games.
Simple.xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
let's see.

I am sure you would. However, if you have a contract, it needs to be honored. If Alcorn has not paid up and/or made alternative arrangements, they are in the wrong.

There's a reason that contracts are signed for sports like baseball, basketball, football and even volleyball, soccer. All sports need them, including tennis and golf if you ask me, if not all schools are.

lOn P. View, didn't even know they had a game scheduled with SHU.

Prairie View was set to begin a home-and-home in 2008 in Huntsville with 2009 in Prairie View. Game got pushed back to 2009 and 2010 because of inclement weather in '08.

Both ADs came out saying they wanted to see the series forward. SHSU announced PV on their schedule in late March, early April. PV announced the schedule sans SHSU in April. SHSU was blindsided and PV never picked up a phone to return a call on the subject.

Pretty bad business model for PV, which even Panther88 agreed with.

As for the problem you have with the SWAC bailing, stop calling and trying to set up games. Simple.xthumbsupx

There is obviously a mutual desire to play each other. The SWAC is calling us, the SLC is calling them. It goes both ways...

msupokes1
December 22nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
let's see.

As for the problem you have with the SWAC bailing, stop calling and trying to set up games.
Simple.xthumbsupx

It has nothing to do with who you would play everytime. It has to do with the fact that they had a contract and backed out. Leaving Southeastern to fill a hole. They should have to pay for that.

jstate83
December 22nd, 2009, 11:26 AM
It has nothing to do with who you would play everytime. It has to do with the fact that they had a contract and backed out. Leaving Southeastern to fill a hole. They should have to pay for that.

AH................Alcorn did.
They paid the buyout.
And I agree a contract is a contract.
Someone backs out, they must pay the fee.

Just like in 2005 with the Northwestern game when Disney wanted JSU in that game down in Orlando.
The buyout clause was paid in full so stop acting like people cut and ran without crossing the T's and dotting the I's.

msusig
December 22nd, 2009, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=jstate83;1502595]let's see.

Simple.xthumbsupx[/QUOTEE

Show up or pay. Is it too hard or complex to understand? And how hard is it to schedule teams and honor that agreement? What kind of geniuses are running these SWAC schools? Except for Grambling...at least they know how to run a football program.
"Stop calling and trying to setup games" is your solution? No wonder the SWAC is switching to a nine game conference schedule.

JagHammer
December 22nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
I'm not saying anything until a press release comes out. Otherwise the game is still on.

jstate83
December 22nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=jstate83;1502595]let's see.

Simple.xthumbsupx[/QUOTEE

Show up or pay. Is it too hard or complex to understand? And how hard is it to schedule teams and honor that agreement? What kind of geniuses are running these SWAC schools? Except for Grambling...at least they know how to run a football program.
"Stop calling and trying to setup games" is your solution? No wonder the SWAC is switching to a nine game conference schedule.

Stop and read before you quote.
See post #24.

And while you sitting here trying to talk trash, McNeese is not a hotbed for Genus level thinking.
I don't mind playing ya'll but just like you, I have no desire to come too, visit, or play you.
You are not the center of the football world.
The SWAC would not fold if none of us ever looked in any of your directions again.

Trust.
McNeese State is not important to us at all since you want to go that route.
If nobody ever mentioned your name, unlike you, our blood pressure would not rise one point at the thought of not playing you or setting foot on your campus or in your town.

Just thought I would let you know since all your post are bordered on the crazy fan side that has lost a grip on reality.
And the reality is SU can throw dart's at a board and come up with 20 teams that will produce more revenue than McNeese or any team in your conference ever would for them.
Resuming the FAMU series come to mind.

jstate83
December 22nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
I'm not saying anything until a press release comes out. Otherwise the game is still on.

before all the clownish so-called put down post from the cowpoke fateful, I was all for ya'll working this out, but now I say Drop'em. xlolx
Let them be agitated...............who cares.

I mean after all SU, their fans have no desire to play ya'll, or come to your stadium anyway.
They also would like better competition so let them have at it. xlolx
And they say they really want us back in the playoffs.
I'm sure we would be warmly welcomed every November. xlolx

3rd Coast Tiger
December 22nd, 2009, 12:46 PM
For my love of God... xrolleyesx

Let me thank our former football coach Steve Wilson and athletic director Alois Blackwell (wow... can't believe I just said that) for scheduling McNeese in the middle of the football season during the year of the "Mother Nature" travesty.

Not to mention even playing them at a neutral site (Northwestern State).

Why does this crap has to come up by the same "author" every 3rd Monday? xdeadhorsex

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2009, 12:49 PM
Why does this crap has to come up by the same "author" every 3rd Monday? xdeadhorsex

3rd Coast,

It is called new news. There was some new information that came out via a Baton Rouge/Southern source.

I know "new news" is a bit unheard of to you, but that's when new information comes out pertaining to a subject (perhaps an event) and is posted/shared through a medium (whether it a school web site, newspaper or message board).

msupokes1
December 22nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
before all the clownish so-called put down post from the cowpoke fateful, I was all for ya'll working this out, but now I say Drop'em. xlolx
Let them be pi$$ed...............who cares.

I mean after all SU, their fans have no desire to play ya'll, or come to your stadium anyway.

I do not mind playing SWAC schools and even enjoy going to their venues. Went to the MSU-TSU at Northwestern, went to Grambling (they have great fans and venue), went to Alcorn in the 90's. My issue is with Southern not the SWAC. I wish we would just stop scheduling them and move on. The administration at Sothern obviously cannot be trusted so we just need to stop trying to schedule them. I would rather play Grambling anyway.

msusig
December 22nd, 2009, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=msusig;1502601]

Stop and read before you quote.
See post #24.

And while you sitting here trying to talk trash, McNeese is not a hotbed for Genus level thinking.
I don't mind playing ya'll but just like you, I have no desire to come too, visit, or play you.
You are not the center of the football world.
The SWAC would not fold if none of us ever looked in any of your directions again.

Trust.
McNeese State is not important to us at all since you want to go that route.
If nobody ever mentioned your name, unlike you, our blood pressure would not rise one point at the thought of not playing you or setting foot on your campus or in your town.

Just thought I would let you know since all your post are bordered on the crazy fan side that has lost a grip on reality.
And the reality is SU can throw dart's at a board and come up with 20 teams that will produce more revenue than McNeese or any team in your conference ever would for them.
Resuming the FAMU series come to mind.

There are plenty of schools that produce more revenue in the FCS and FBS than Jackson State, Southern, or McNeese. So what is your point? And the feeling is mutual that Southern or Jackson State is not on the top of my lists to watch McNeese play football. Where in any of my posts did I say that McNeese is "center of the football world" or anything about academics? I simply said the athletic departments of the SWAC (besides the ones that actually honor their obligations) are obviously incompetent. Those schools should pay up or show up. And if they can't honor their contracts then we should never schedule them again after we collect our money. So where am I wrong is saying that?

jstate83
December 22nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=jstate83;1502622]

There are plenty of schools that produce more revenue in the FCS and FBS than Jackson State, Southern, or McNeese. So what is your point? And the feeling is mutual that Southern or Jackson State is not on the top of my lists to watch McNeese play football. Where in any of my posts did I say that McNeese is "center of the football world" or anything about academics? I simply said the athletic departments of the SWAC (besides the ones that actually honor their obligations) are obviously incompetent. Those schools should pay up or show up. And if they can't honor their contracts then we should never schedule them again after we collect our money. So where am I wrong is saying that?

I'm sure there are.

My point is all your raving on this board will not change the fact that if you never set foot on one of our campuses or if a school from the SWAC never schedule ya'll again, nobody is going to shed one tear over it so clam down and breath. xlolx

jstate83
December 22nd, 2009, 02:18 PM
Let them be agitated...............who cares.

I forgot what board I was posting on.
All the post made by others here and guess what.
This post deserves a infraction from MOD99. xlolx
agitated............Lawd have mercy on paper thin P.C. sensitivity. xlolx

Ok TT, McNeese posters, carry on.
We are not allowed to respond..............I forgot. xlolx

kdinva
December 22nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Someone help me here.............if the SWAC mandates a full 9-game, round-robin Conference schedule (EXACTLY like the Pac-10xrulesx), then why have two divisions, etc? Name your champion the Saturday before Thanksgiving, and re-join the 1-AA playoffs.xrotatehx

PS: an answer containing the need for large $$$$ gates via the GSU/SU game and SWAC title game won't cut it. If the Richmond's and the Wofford's and the Furman's of the world can cut it financiallyxsmileyclapx, why not the SWAC members?

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Someone help me here.............if the SWAC mandates a full 9-game, round-robin Conference schedule (EXACTLY like the Pac-10xrulesx), then why have two divisions, etc? Name your champion the Saturday before Thanksgiving, and re-join the 1-AA playoffs.xrotatehx

There are two, if not three games on Thanksgiving weekend annually. Grambling-Southern in the Bayou Classic and then one of the Alabama schools (name is skipping my mind currently) plays Tuskegee in the Turkey Day Classic. As of late, a few other schools are also playing Thanksgiving weekend.

PS: an answer containing the need for large $$$$ gates via the GSU/SU game and SWAC title game won't cut it. If the Richmond's and the Wofford's and the Furman's of the world can cut it financiallyxsmileyclapx, why not the SWAC members?

The SWAC members need the gate. They are struggling more than anyone cares to admit. If it were not for the Bayou Classic and other financial things the school(s) do - i.e. whore themselves out in hoops - they would be in the same situation as Centenary and the University of New Orleans.

jstate83
December 22nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
There are two, if not three games on Thanksgiving weekend annually. Grambling-Southern in the Bayou Classic and then one of the Alabama schools (name is skipping my mind currently) plays Tuskegee in the Turkey Day Classic. As of late, a few other schools are also playing Thanksgiving weekend.

The SWAC members need the gate. They are struggling more than anyone cares to admit. If it were not for the Bayou Classic and other financial things the school(s) do - i.e. whore themselves out in hoops - they would be in the same situation as Centenary and the University of New Orleans.

Ya'll will drop long before we would. xlolx
We have played all these years, never played ya'll, and guess what?

We have not closed our doors, dropped in classification, or even had discussions about it.
In fact, we have increased the size of our campus 5 fold with business ventures over the last 6 or 7 years.
Just broke ground on a $60 million residential/business/ retail block connected to JSU so don't expect us to come asking none of ya'll for a handout in the near future. xlolx
That's just the 1st part BTW.

Anyway.
None of these post on this board mean anything anyway.
Nobody here has any juice to influence anything that go on outside this chatboard.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 22nd, 2009, 02:53 PM
So when a Southland school drops a Swac school its ok. You didnt hear us itching or crying about it. Nicholls dropped SU a couple of seasons ago. I think Southeastern or was it Northwestern dropped a SWAC school for a big payday. Nobody cried. Move on.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 22nd, 2009, 02:54 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolx

Sue us . Its not our fault your end of the contract isnt to good. Get better lawyers next time. xlolx

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2009, 02:56 PM
So when a Southland school drops a Swac school its ok. You didnt hear us itching or crying about it. Nicholls dropped SU a couple of seasons ago. I think Southeastern or was it Northwestern dropped a SWAC school for a big payday. Nobody cried. Move on.

It's a matter of fulfilling one's contract. That is the big issue.

If the SLC schools did not fulfill the buyout, we can holler at them too. It is a known fact that not only have several SWAC schools not followed through on paying buyouts, but they have either (a) notified the SLC school very late in the game or (b) not notified the SLC school at all or (c) BOTH.

kdinva
December 22nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
So, play those games the Saturday BEFORE Thanksgiving (just like UR v. W&M; Montana v. Montana St., and about 5 others xpeacex), then join the nationwide festivitiesxrotatehx.

jstate83
December 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM
So, play those games the Saturday BEFORE Thanksgiving (just like UR v. W&M; Montana v. Montana St., and about 5 others xpeacex), then join the nationwide festivitiesxrotatehx.

The quickest way to start a fight in the SWAC is to suggest the BC be played before Thanksgiving.
You do'ed it. xlolx

kdinva
December 22nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
The quickest way to start a fight in the SWAC is to suggest the BC be played before Thanksgiving.
You do'ed it. xlolx
Hey, I'm just sayin' there may be some SWAC alumni & fans who are actually curious as how well their team would fare in the national post-season picturexnodx.

bluedog
December 22nd, 2009, 03:17 PM
Correct...

Southern has known the nine-game mandate was returning. And they hit the "bail out" button now?

Southern, this was a great chance for you to take on McNeese. They are losing a great deal of talent. Granted, you guys are going to have a hard time beating them regardless if you have your greatest team ever or what not, but this was an opportune time.

Now, you burn the bridges with them once more. The SWAC mandate is really hurting you guys thus far, because based on the scheduling issues this year (PV, Alcorn) and now next year (SU), it's already causing schools to pay buyouts.

Really hope you guys are getting enough $$$ from the MEAC-SWAC Challenge (why is SU playing in it anyway? what'd you guys do this year?) and FBS beat downs to pay for these buyouts...

To say that you're supposedly a person that have knowledge of the goings on in the SWAC you sure type some of the most ignorant comments I've seen.

Where's your proof that any of these schools are owed money?

You do know that ESPN the title sponsors of the MEAC/SWAC Challenge decides who plays in THIER game right? I mean you are a top flight SID or something aren't you?

Yo do have goggle skills right? xrolleyesx

jstate83
December 22nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
Hey, I'm just sayin' there may be some SWAC alumni & fans who are actually curious as how well their team would fare in the national post-season picturexnodx.

I was cool with going to the playoff's if our record and rank allowed us to while Gram, SU, and Bamma State played Thanksgiving weekend.
JSU never had a problem with meeting the "bid deadline" since we moved our Thanksgiving Day game with Alcorn to the week before Thanksgiving way back in 1980 because of the playoffs.

Now that the SCG has been born, there is no way for us to go even on an at large bid.
We knew that in 1998 the year before the 1st SCG in 1999.
It is what it is so no need of worrying about it anymore.xthumbsupx

msusig
December 22nd, 2009, 03:25 PM
Ya'll will drop long before we would. xlolx
We have played all these years, never played ya'll, and guess what?

We have not closed our doors, dropped in classification, or even had discussions about it.
In fact, we have increased the size of our campus 5 fold with business ventures over the last 6 or 7 years.
Just broke ground on a $60 million residential/business/ retail block connected to JSU so don't expect us to come asking none of ya'll for a handout in the near future. xlolx
That's just the 1st part BTW.

Anyway.
None of these post on this board mean anything anyway.
Nobody here has any juice to influence anything that go on outside this chatboard.

Stop trying to make yourself feel good about your school and answer the question because I could care less about Jackson State or Southern. The only question you need to answer is why do you feel it is ok for SWAC schools to not keep their end of the bargain. And why do the athletic departments of those schools keep having scheduling conflicts and/or errors? And if you don't want to answer those questions, then a hint would be incompetence.

jstate83
December 22nd, 2009, 03:33 PM
Stop trying to make yourself feel good about your school and answer the question because I could care less about Jackson State or Southern. The only question you need to answer is why do you feel it is ok for SWAC schools to not keep their end of the bargain. And why do the athletic departments of those schools keep having scheduling conflicts and/or errors? And if you don't want to answer those questions, then a hint would be incompetence.

Then stop posting cause nobody has a gun to your head making you post.
You ain't nobody that we have to answer too and never will be.
You make no decisions at neither school and never will.
Just an over the top "super fan" that get all worked up over stuff that will have no effect on your real life.

I could personally care less if McNeese dropped off the face of the EARTH.
Write letters to your President, AD, SID, Beat writer and insist that McNeese don't play, contact, or accept contact from any SWAC school ever.
How bout doing that instead of clowning on an obscure chat board.xthumbsupx

BTW:
I don't need your approval to feel good about my school.
I feel good everyday I drive past and see all the changes, growth, business/ residental developement JSU is in charge of in West Jackson.
Your approval is not even on the list of needs in anybody's book that is connected to JSU.

Some of ya'll literally have my side splitting at your since of importance. xlolx

bluedog
December 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM

That seems to be something you might wan to take up with your schools President and AD.

msusig
December 22nd, 2009, 04:23 PM
Then stop posting cause nobody has a gun to your head making you post.
You ain't nobody that we have to answer too and never will be.
You make no decisions at neither school and never will.
Just an over the top "super fan" that get all worked up over stuff that will have no effect on your real life.

I could personally care less if McNeese dropped off the face of the EARTH.
Write letters to your President, AD, SID, Beat writer and insist that McNeese don't play, contact, or accept contact from any SWAC school ever.
How bout doing that instead of clowning on an obscure chat board.xthumbsupx

BTW:
I don't need your approval to feel good about my school.
I feel good everyday I drive past and see all the changes, growth, business/ residental developement JSU is in charge of in West Jackson.
Your approval is not even on the list of needs in anybody's book that is connected to JSU.

Some of ya'll literally have my side splitting at your since of importance. xlolx

Ditto

xboringx

msusig
December 22nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Oh and McNeese is 66-28 and Jackson State is 37-51 over the last 8 years. Which school is more competitive in football and who is really scared to play who?

slostang
December 22nd, 2009, 05:18 PM
Here are the facts:

McNeese played SU in BR.

Cal Poly had a home and home scheduled with McNeese with Cal Poly scheduled to go to McNeese in 2008 and McNeese returning the game in SLO in 2010. Huricane Ike (I think I got the correct Huricane) cause a cancelation of the 2008 game. Cal Poly wanted to continue with the home and home and wanted to go to McNeese in 2009 (I believe that season was already full) or in 2011 or any time after that and McNeese decided to go in another direction. I would have loved to the two schools play. I had my flight and hotel already booked. When the game was canceled I went to Madison Wisconsin and saw first hand our kicker give the game to the Badgers.

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2009, 05:26 PM
Where's your proof that any of these schools are owed money?

SHSU's AD has come out and said so about TSU MBB and PV FB. He said so in his ever so often column.

"I also want to address the schedule situation, because this has been asked of me many times. A lot of people, including myself, were excited a few years ago when we were able to get a home and home series with Prairie View A&M. When we are scheduling games we try to take into account not only what is best for our department and football program, but what is best for our fans as well.

When Hurricane Ike hit last season and the game was cancelled, we agreed to shift everything back one year in the contract and move forward from there. This past spring, they dropped us from the schedule and made other arrangements for the 2009 season. There is a buyout in the contract and we are working to reschedule with them and avoid the buyout, but the buyout will be pursued if the series can not be rescheduled."

Credit: http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=204831515

I bet the ratings would neither increase or decrease if you moved the Southern vs. Grambling game away from Thanksgiving so the SWAC could play in the playoffs. And also does anybody know if the ratings for the Bayou Classic have gone up or down over the last 10 years?

Bayou Classic attendance has declined. The attendance number was over-reported according to the local newspaper beat writer who covered the game (said it was never more than half full this year). When I posted his attendance comment from the fish wrap (and keep in mind, he's covered numerous college, HS and professional games at the Superdome), the SU fans were in an uproar here on AGS.

3rd Coast Tiger
December 22nd, 2009, 05:27 PM
Cal Poly had a home and home scheduled with McNeese with Cal Poly scheduled to go to McNeese in 2008 and McNeese returning the game in SLO in 2010. Huricane Ike (I think I got the correct Huricane) cause a cancelation of the 2008 game. Cal Poly wanted to continue with the home and home and wanted to go to McNeese in 2009 (I believe that season was already full) or in 2011 or any time after that and McNeese decided to go in another direction. I would have loved to the two schools play. I had my flight and hotel already booked. When the game was canceled I went to Madison Wisconsin and saw first hand our kicker give the game to the Badgers.

Quit making up stuff! xeekx

JohnStOnge
December 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM

Yes. I think I may be the one that started this because I was listening to the "Real Deal High School Sports" radio show on 1210 Baton Rouge last Saturday. The regular guys were out doing the Red Stick Bowl. Carlos Brown was in and out and one time when he came in he said he'd just been on the phone and that the Southern/McNeese game is off. I posted on the McNeese Delphi board that I'd heard it. But I haven't seen anything "official" since.

I sure hope I didn't start a bunch of stuff by relaying what Carlos said and it turns out that he was wrong.

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2009, 05:41 PM

Is McNeese still going there in '11?

Their 2009 and 10 slates have been full for some time. Unlike a few of the SWAC schools, who had problems getting more than nine, 10 games in some cases, it's always good to see schools book their schedule(s) a few years in advance. xnonono2x

TSUalum05
December 22nd, 2009, 05:47 PM
Yes. I think I may be the one that started this because I was listening to the "Real Deal High School Sports" radio show on 1210 Baton Rouge last Saturday. The regular guys were out doing the Red Stick Bowl. Carlos Brown was in and out and one time when he came in he said he'd just been on the phone and that the Southern/McNeese game is off. I posted on the McNeese Delphi board that I'd heard it. But I haven't seen anything "official" since.

I sure hope I didn't start a bunch of stuff by relaying what Carlos said and it turns out that he was wrong.

So Terror hijacked your post from the other website and did not give you credit? Or did Terror hear that himself? Or is he going off hearsay from another message board?

TSUalum05
December 22nd, 2009, 05:49 PM
PS; I say never schedule Southern EVER AGAIN McNeese in football...Same for SHSU and PV in Football and TSU and SHSU in basketball. Teach them a lesson for backing out and get that $$ from them - it will benefit your athletic departments. Pay a salary or two...

JohnStOnge
December 22nd, 2009, 05:49 PM
So Terror hijacked your post from the other website and did not give you credit? Or did Terror hear that himself? Or is he going off hearsay from another message board?

I don't know. All I know is that Carlos Brown of the Jaguar Journal did say on the Radio that the game is off. But...again...I personally have not seen any "official" confirmation of what he said.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 22nd, 2009, 06:21 PM
Quit making up stuff! xeekx

xlolx WHen the shoe is on the other foot.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 22nd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Bayou Classic attendance has declined. The attendance number was over-reported according to the local newspaper beat writer who covered the game (said it was never more than half full this year). When I posted his attendance comment from the fish wrap (and keep in mind, he's covered numerous college, HS and professional games at the Superdome), the SU fans were in an uproar here on AGS.

I was @ the game . It was 50,000 plus in attendence. Me and others who were actually @ the game told you that was bs what you typed.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 22nd, 2009, 06:23 PM
PS; I say never schedule Southern EVER AGAIN McNeese in football...Same for SHSU and PV in Football and TSU and SHSU in basketball. Teach them a lesson for backing out and get that $$ from them - it will benefit your athletic departments. Pay a salary or two...
From what I hear, its no buyout clause for the SU/McNeese game. xrulesx

TSUalum05
December 22nd, 2009, 06:29 PM

To me a handshake should be enough but nowadays you need things like that in writing. That's Mcneese's fault...They need to fire their entire counsel staff..."IF" this is true what else could the General Counsel overlooked. "IF"

Panther88
December 22nd, 2009, 06:50 PM

LoL

It may be closer than all know. We're attempting to solidify our fall 2010 schedule and there is an FBS on deck as well as another OOC game out west. I'm most certain we'll be paying SHSU a few dollars. xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2009, 07:06 PM
I was @ the game . It was 50,000 plus in attendence. Me and others who were actually @ the game told you that was bs what you typed.

Just going with what the media has said and put in print - in the paper.

While you can not trust the media, I am surprised that the media and a bunch of fans are in two different directions by 15,000. Hope Cador was not making up the attendance numbers... xwhistlex

If that's the case, it is a huge mistake on both parties. McNeese and Southern are both in the wrong. You have got to put some $$$ on the buyout with how things work in these economic times. Now, McNeese has to go find a foe to fill the slot and possibly pay in order to buy a Div I foe or someone...

Southern, if the tables were turned, could have used that money to help themselves. Finger of shame both ways... xnonox

bluedog
December 22nd, 2009, 08:15 PM

Prove it. I doubt very seriously any credible media outlet said anything to the contary.

R.A.
December 22nd, 2009, 08:17 PM
The SWAC doesn't care about the playoffs, so it really doesn't matter who they play.

paward
December 22nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
I bet the ratings would neither increase or decrease if you moved the Southern vs. Grambling game away from Thanksgiving so the SWAC could play in the playoffs. And also does anybody know if the ratings for the Bayou Classic have gone up or down over the last 10 years?

This is where the thread lost me. The Bayou Classic on Thanksgiving weekend is not about rating. It is a pilgrimage for those of for those among us that have been fortunate to go. Hmm, not sure if you would understand!

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 22nd, 2009, 08:42 PM

Where is the link. You should be ashammed. xsmhx

kdinva
December 22nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
The SWAC doesn't care about the playoffs, so it really doesn't matter who they play.
....and the Commish of the OVC should go up to Tennessee St. and tell them: "you will play the full 8-game OVC round robin from this point forward".xbowx

bluedog
December 22nd, 2009, 10:38 PM

It still amazes how the Ivy takes the very same postiton but not one time EVER have you seen this kind of over the top stupidity about another conference business..... Not once

It's been going on for as long as the site has been up, but hey it's just a coincident....right?

Truly pathetic

msusig
December 22nd, 2009, 11:46 PM
This is where the thread lost me. The Bayou Classic on Thanksgiving weekend is not about rating. It is a pilgrimage for those of for those among us that have been fortunate to go. Hmm, not sure if you would understand!

As soon as those ratings start dropping so will the bayou classic from tv. Which in turn means the SWAC will be more likely to try to get into the playoffs. The pilgramage means nothing for tv ratings.

msusig
December 22nd, 2009, 11:54 PM
To me a handshake should be enough but nowadays you need things like that in writing. That's Mcneese's fault...They need to fire their entire counsel staff..."IF" this is true what else could the General Counsel overlooked. "IF"

I agree with you it is McNeese's fault if McNeese messed up the buyout clause and they deserve an xasswhipx. But the bottom line is Southern shouldn't back out of games and not expect to pay up.

roTSU50
December 23rd, 2009, 12:00 AM
....and the Commish of the OVC should go up to Tennessee St. and tell them: "you will play the full 8-game OVC round robin from this point forward".xbowx

We signed a contract it is in writing. We leave and the OVC would be in big financial problems. xrulesxxcoffeex

I think TSUalum05 might be Texas Southern.

roTSU50
December 23rd, 2009, 12:01 AM
I agree with you it is McNeese's fault if McNeese messed up the buyout clause and they deserve an xasswhipx. But the bottom line is Southern shouldn't back out of games and not expect to pay up.

At worst, it might not get on TV as much. It is a tradition just like the Bama St vs. SKegee. It will fluctuate. They will be ok for that game,xpeacex

msusig
December 23rd, 2009, 12:13 AM
Bama st vs. Skegee??? When is that played? I have never heard of that game or it being on tv. I also have never heard of Tuskegee football. Must be a division 2 team.

3rd Coast Tiger
December 23rd, 2009, 12:35 AM
Bama st vs. Skegee??? When is that played? I have never heard of that game or it being on tv. I also have never heard of Tuskegee football. Must be a division 2 team.

You never heard of Tuskegee and the infamous "Shed"? xeekx

Sitting under the Shed at a Tuskegee game even an hour BEFORE the game and the student section and the band is CRUNK!!!

mikebigg
December 23rd, 2009, 02:50 AM

The playoff isn't important enuff for us to move our game, simple as that. If our participation was important to the NCAA, they would move the playoffs back a week. Since we haven't and they haven't, it's a moot point.

TexasTerror
December 23rd, 2009, 08:51 AM
Prove it. I doubt very seriously any credible media outlet said anything to the contary.

That part of the Times Picayune did not run online. I read it with my own eyes while sitting on the crapper! It was in the 'notes' from the post-game recap. Very last part of the notes at that. Talked to another member of the media (does games for every network that comes into town) who works across the hall from me and agreed with the assessment when we talked about it the Monday after.

We know how SWAC attendance is exaggerated (you guys harp on it when it is too high or too low each passing week) and the exact remark in the post-game notes was along the lines of the building never before more than half full throughout the contest.

Where is the link. You should be ashammed. xsmhx

You should feel ashamed.

I typically am able to provide links and you know this. It is you guys who come up short time and time again in providing links when I prove you wrong. Funny how that works, the one or two times I can not find a link out of 100s others. I will try to find it - but having no luck at this point. The post game notes are not in the Bayou Classic section of the NOLA.com web site.

3rd Coast Tiger
December 23rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
Why are you bringing up a basketball schedule on a FCS only messageboard?

Moderators please... xcoffeex

Panther88
December 23rd, 2009, 10:03 AM
McNeese? Did you guys get that guarantee from Southern yet or did you recv your buyout? xlolx

Let this isht go and go "findeth" thou another game. lol I think it's pretty obvious that McNeese isn't a priority to Southern officials. Sheeeeeeeesh. Isn't Lamar starting their deal this fall? Did other schools in the area close already? lol LSU, ut-austin, tx a&m, univ of houston, et al are available. lol

Go get'em!

gram4life
December 23rd, 2009, 10:12 AM

This is what haters do. TT

bluedog
December 23rd, 2009, 10:24 AM
McNeese? Did you guys get that guarantee from Southern yet or did you recv your buyout? xlolx

Let this isht go and go "findeth" thou another game. lol I think it's pretty obvious that McNeese isn't a priority to Southern officials. Sheeeeeeeesh. Isn't Lamar starting their deal this fall? Did other schools in the area close already? lol LSU, ut-austin, tx a&m, univ of houston, et al are available. lol

Go get'em!

Better be careful you might get and infraction note form one of the mods for typing isht, try damn the next time, it seems to be OK to say.

TexasTerror
December 23rd, 2009, 10:24 AM

If an individual from one school is going to reference 'welfare checks' to keep an athletic program running, their criticism should be duly noted and used for further argument. In this case, Southern needs home games in football, just like they need guarantee games in basketball - got to balance the books.

3rd Coast Tiger
December 23rd, 2009, 10:29 AM
If an individual from one school is going to reference 'welfare checks' to keep an athletic program running, their criticism should be duly noted and used for further argument. In this case, Southern needs home games in football, just like they need guarantee games in basketball - got to balance the books.

xrotatehx

That's funny because when I do it, I get an infraction notice PM and my post is deleted but I forgot where I'm at.

So go ahead you have carte blanche. xthumbsupx

msusig
December 23rd, 2009, 10:33 AM

He brings up basketball because you are saying our schools need the SWAC's money. Why are you bringing up moderators? This is just a message board. Why get so offended because he is proving you wrong?

Ok back to the topic and questions that haven't been answered yet. Why do you feel it is ok that Southern can weasel their way out their end of the deal? Why do you feel it necessary to say we want a welfare when we are simply saying pay up on the buyout clause? You could say that about any school that receives a buyout from the other school not holding up their end of their bargain.

Just say you agree Southern should pay up or show up. Simple as that. There is really nothing to debate about.

gram4life
December 23rd, 2009, 10:34 AM

Man please, nobody has to mention welfare and your fill-in-the-blankcomes running talking about basketball, baseball, and whatever else lie you can come up with about the SWAC.

msupokes1
December 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
You might not know this clueless but those games are the norm for our basketball program and lets get it straight I was referencing someone begging for a check that hasn't been earn and clearly Their school didn't but in any clause and aren't dumb enough to think that they could have.

Money that wasn't earned? We went to Southern and had to endure the cost of travel without anypay. That is were the money was earned. Southern reaped the benefit of the homegame and McNeese should be able to do the same. Should there have been a buy out clause? With the Administration of Southern, YES, because obviously they have no clue what is the right thing to do and that is to honor a contract.

TexasTerror
December 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
Man please, nobody has to mention welfare and your ______ comes running talking about basketball, baseball, and whatever else lie you can come up with about the SWAC.

They are not lies.

While some web sites in the SWAC are not updated with news and updated rosters, the schedules I would hope are accurate. Is it hard not to read through the amount of money games? Or are you saying Baylor, Oklahoma State, BYU and Utah are home-and-home arrangements?

gram4life
December 23rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
They are not lies.

While some web sites in the SWAC are not updated with news and updated rosters, the schedules I would hope are accurate. Is it hard not to read through the amount of money games? Or are you saying Baylor, Oklahoma State, BYU and Utah are home-and-home arrangements?

Come man you are not this dense, this is football talk. You bring up basketball or whatever else ie.. websites. it's your M.O. you are a SWAC HATER.

bluedog
December 23rd, 2009, 11:50 AM
This also happened to be one of our low years as well. We all know that SU travels well and it would be a game of great interest. The crowd would be more in the 17,000 range. Tickets cost $15 a piece which equates to $255,000 plus concession revenues would put the total revenue around 350,000. What it all boils down to is that Southern was able to reap the benefits of a home game against McNeese without McNeese getting a cent and now McNeese should be able to do the same.

So McNeese played that game for free? xlolx

msupokes1
December 23rd, 2009, 11:54 AM

That is correct. When you have a home and home the home team keeps all of the revenues from its home game. Southern was able to do that and McNeese has not.

TSUalum05
December 23rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
Just say you agree Southern should pay up or show up. Simple as that. There is really nothing to debate about.

I agree; if it's in writing to tie them into their responsibility. Like I said earlier, a handshake should be enough.

mikebigg
December 23rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
TT really keeps tabs on what's going on with the BC... If the attendance was 40k, I would imagine that exceeds Sam Houston's home attendance for the year.

My apologies to the Sam Houston fans as that was not a slam against your school...

TexasTerror
December 23rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
I agree; if it's in writing to tie them into their responsibility. Like I said earlier, a handshake should be enough.

Handshakes do not work. I've been to three sporting events in the last few years where a SWAC team simply did not show up.

One of those times was with warning, if you consider a few hours warning, as the head coach called three hours before game time to see that he had too many kids in finals and would not be able to make it. Figured most coaches know all of their kids final schedules or at the very least, the finals schedule for the university! And that was a game that had a contract signed to it. That was a baseball game and a few years before, had the same issue with baseball. The other was a non-revenue and was not a contracted contest.

Just did not make sense to me...

TT really keeps tabs on what's going on with the BC... If the attendance was 40k, I would imagine that exceeds Sam Houston's home attendance for the year.

My apologies to the Sam Houston fans as that was not a slam against your school...

SHSU had been averaging in the 8500-9500 range for most of the last few years. I think this year, the 35-40k actual attendance of the Bayou Classic surpassed our cumulative attendance.

Like our friends in Baton Rouge, our fans gave up the team and we had some really pathetic attendances - including less than 3000 for the finale. Now, we got a new coach and hopefully - some exciting games ahead!

DG Cowboy
December 23rd, 2009, 12:16 PM
Contracts, lawyers, loopholes - all bull. A college either has integrity or it doesn't. Play those that do. Move on. Fooled once, shame on you. Fooled twice, shame on me.

bluedog
December 23rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
This also happened to be one of our low years as well. We all know that SU travels well and it would be a game of great interest. The crowd would be more in the 17,000 range. Tickets cost $15 a piece which equates to $255,000 plus concession revenues would put the total revenue around 350,000. What it all boils down to is that Southern was able to reap the benefits of a home game against McNeese without McNeese getting a cent and now McNeese should be able to do the same.

It's the second game McNeese State, in Lake Charles, La., has had to cancel because of severe weather. Having its opener against Southern canceled by Katrina probably cost the school about $150,000, spokesman Louis Bonnette said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2168675

Boy we sure love to stretch the truth don't we?
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

TexasTerror
December 23rd, 2009, 12:22 PM
It's the second game McNeese State, in Lake Charles, La., has had to cancel because of severe weather. Having its opener against Southern canceled by Katrina probably cost the school about $150,000, spokesman Louis Bonnette said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2168675

Boy we sure love to stretch the truth don't we?
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Bluedog,

I know crunching numbers is difficult - but are you sure that $150k is revenue or is it the total when you subtract expenses from revenue?

I do want to commend you on finding a link, since not many SWAC posters tend to bring facts stated in articles to the table. xsmileyclapx

bluedog
December 23rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Bluedog,

I know crunching numbers is difficult - but are you sure that $150k is revenue or is it the total when you subtract expenses from revenue?

I do want to commend you on finding a link, since not many SWAC posters tend to bring facts stated in articles to the table. xsmileyclapx

I think that's a question more suited for msupokes1 don't you think?

I proved my point to counter his claim and in the end what difference does it really make?

TSUalum05
December 23rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
Handshakes do not work.

That's just the way I see things -- handshakes should work. If they do not, then cut your ties and do not do any business with them...If that were to happen to me -- I would never play that school in any sports if I were the AD...

Get things in writing if need be but I know that does not matter sometime. A case of that would be in football you can have a contract but have an FBS buy that contract out...

TexasTerror
December 23rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
Get things in writing if need be but I know that does not matter sometime. A case of that would be in football you can have a contract but have an FBS buy that contract out...

Or as in the case of who was it - UAPB, I think- a new administration comes in, they book a game and end up finding a contract for the same date! Double-booked! xlolx

msupokes1
December 23rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
I think that's a question more suited for msupokes1 don't you think?

I proved my point to counter his claim and in the end what difference does it really make?

My point was not about how much money was being lost in the deal but the fact that McNeese has incurred cost for travel and has not had the luxury of recovering those cost with a return home game.

Plus the article states that is what it cost the school not what the school lost in revenues.

BEAR
December 23rd, 2009, 01:37 PM
Or as in the case of who was it - UAPB, I think- a new administration comes in, they book a game and end up finding a contract for the same date! Double-booked! xlolx

I wonder who UAPB did that to? xcoffeex

TSUalum05
December 23rd, 2009, 01:47 PM

I wonder who UAPB did that to? xcoffeex

This just proves the SLC shouldn't book the SWAC...We are kind of beating a dead horse because most of us do not have any effect on scheduling...

Panther88
December 23rd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Thx TSUALUM05. I don't understand the banter back and forth when no one here has any power... well, some of us do (influential power). xthumbsupxxsmileyclapx

msusig
December 23rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
Thx TSUALUM05. I don't understand the banter back and forth when no one here has any power... well, some of us do (influential power). xthumbsupxxsmileyclapx

Because we can and we are fans of our colleges.

Here are the attendances for this year. We can argue and analyze this as much as you want.

Rank Home Team Opponent Date Attendance
401 La.-Lafayette Southern U. 05-Sep-09 41,357
237 Southern U. Central St. (OH) 12-Sep-09 8,937.00
148 Southern U. Tennessee St. 19-Sep-09 12,247.00
71 Southern U. Alcorn St. 26-Sep-09 16,940.00
11 Southern U. Jackson St. 03-Oct-09 33,977.00
25 Southern U. Fort Valley St. 17-Oct-09 24,500.00
343 Southern U. Prairie View 22-Oct-09 6,463.00
205 Ark.-Pine Bluff Southern U. 31-Oct-09 10,116
247 Alabama St. Southern U. 14-Nov-09 8,459
3 Southern U. Grambling 28-Nov-09 53,618.00
180 Texas Southern Southern U. 05-Dec-09 10,769
Home 156,682
Away 70,701
Southern U. Total 227,383

268 Mississippi St. Jackson St. 05-Sep-09 54,232
7 Jackson St. Tennessee St. 12-Sep-09 43,306
176 Jackson St. Grambling 19-Sep-09 10,905
12 Jackson St. Southern U. 03-Oct-09 33,977
171 Jackson St. Ark.-Pine Bluff 10-Oct-09 11,082
315 Jackson St. Texas Southern 17-Oct-09 7,103
491 Mississippi Val. Jackson St. 24-Oct-09 4,025
57 Jackson St. Alabama St. 07-Nov-09 18,510
402 Alabama A&M Jackson St. 14-Nov-09 5,402
73 Jackson St. Alcorn St. 21-Nov-09 16,429
Home 141,312
Away 63,659
Jackson St. Total 204,971

149 McNeese St. Henderson St. 05-Sep-09 12,235
14 Appalachian St. McNeese St. 12-Sep-09 27,914
120 McNeese St. Savannah St. 19-Sep-09 13,912
522 Tulane McNeese St. 26-Sep-09 29,028
167 Stephen F. Austin McNeese St. 10-Oct-09 11,182
77 McNeese St. Northwestern St. 17-Oct-09 16,132
133 McNeese St. Southeastern La. 24-Oct-09 13,008
373 Nicholls St. McNeese St. 31-Oct-09 5,989
117 McNeese St. Sam Houston St. 07-Nov-09 14,003
132 Texas St. McNeese St. 14-Nov-09 13,013
161 McNeese St. Central Ark. 21-Nov-09 11,335
211 McNeese St. New Hampshire 28-Nov-09 10,009
Home 90,634
Away 87,126
McNeese St. Total 177,760

3rd Coast Tiger
December 23rd, 2009, 02:15 PM

Here are the attendances for this year. We can argue and analyze this as much as you want.

Home 156,682
Away 70,701

Home 141,312
Away 63,659

Home 90,634
Away 87,126

Wow... :(

Is this what it has resorted to now?
Have fun arguing attendance smack fellas. xcoffeex

Panther88
December 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM

Home 156,682
Away 70,701

Home 141,312
Away 63,659

Home 90,634
Away 87,126

That's a lot of DSL/broadband/WiFi waste there bud.

But have @ it though. It's quite entertaining. :D

WestCoastAggie
December 23rd, 2009, 02:53 PM
For SU To meet its Budget, they have to have a certain amount of home games. SU will be in the SWAC/Meac game to open the season in 2010. If SU would have gone to LC, SU wouldnt have the amount of home games it needs.

Why are you guys going to the Challenge instead of PV?

Panther88
December 23rd, 2009, 03:04 PM
Why are you guys going to the Challenge instead of PV?

I think it was already scheduled (pre-). Labor Day w/e, we have a running contract w/ sTu to play. However, rice university is playing ut-austin @ reliant stadium (houston, Tx) on the Saturday that we'd typically play. So, I'm not sure what's what and will be in the dark until I hear otherwise from admins responsible for piecing our schedule together.

msusig
December 23rd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Wow... :(

Is this what it has resorted to now?
Have fun arguing attendance smack fellas. xcoffeex

Glad to hear you gave up trying to argue. xsmileyclapx

WestCoastAggie
December 23rd, 2009, 03:14 PM
I think it was already scheduled (pre-). Labor Day w/e, we have a running contract w/ sTu to play. However, rice university is playing ut-austin @ reliant stadium (houston, Tx) on the Saturday that we'd typically play. So, I'm not sure what's what and will be in the dark until I hear otherwise from admins responsible for piecing our schedule together.

Well ain't this some B.S. There isn't a 20,000 seat Stadium in Harris County to play the game?

At least the MEAC streak will continue FWIW xlolx

Panther88
December 23rd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Well ain't this some B.S. There isn't a 20,000 seat Stadium in Harris County to play the game?

I know you're kidding. lol

If PV plays the SWAC/MEAC challenge, the streak stops. :) You know it and everyone else knows it.

WestCoastAggie
December 23rd, 2009, 03:23 PM
I know you're kidding. lol

If PV plays the SWAC/MEAC challenge, the streak stops. :) You know it and everyone else knows it.

BUT you aren't playing! xlolx

THE STREAK CONTINUES!!!

TexasTerror
December 23rd, 2009, 04:31 PM

Guess that is a shortcoming in TSU and PV not being directly involved with the Reliant people. LSSE has the UT/Rice game and SHSU/SFA. Guessing the schools run TSU, PV?

Should we expect TSU-PV on the Sunday before Labor Day?

JROCK
December 23rd, 2009, 04:39 PM
FACT Southern U. has played 32 times against Southland conference foes in the last 29 years. xcoffeex

FICTION McNeese State posters allegations of a Southern U. Conspiracy. xnonox

FACT McNeese State is not the only program that has or still is aggressively pursuing S.U. for a contest. xthumbsupx

FICTION Southern U summoned Hurricane Katrina and control the SWAC Council of Presidents and gave the directive to return to the 9 conference game mandate; all to avoid playing McNeese. xlolx

bluedog
December 23rd, 2009, 05:07 PM

Exactly

The streak of the MEAC getting their head handed to them by SU by a tune of 11-4 since they've been playing SU in a Classic/Challenge at a neutral site the last two decades.

SU 28 BCC 2 1998 HB

SU 30 BCC 29 2006 JACKSONVILLE CLASSIC

SU 52 FAMU 38 ATL 100 BLACK MEN 1995 CLASSIC

SU 30 FAMU 25 1995 HB

SU 33 FAMU 27 2007 MEAC/SWAC

SU 21 HU 6 1999 Indianapolis CLASSIC

SU 3 HU 24 1999 HB

SU 21 HOWARD 26 1990 Los Angeles, CA CLASSIC

SU 21 NCAT 22 1994 Indianapolis, IN CLASSIC

SU 35 NCAT 16 2003 Las Vegas, NV CLASSIC

SU 23 SCSU 30 1991 Atlanta, GA CLASSIC

SU 19 SCSU 18 1992 Atlanta, GA CLASSIC

SU 14 SCSU 10 Atlanta, GA CLASSIC

SU 11 SCSU 0 1994 Atlanta, GA HB

SU 34 SCSU 28 1997 Atlanta, GA HB

Another Black History Fact xlolxxlolxxlolx

TexasTerror
December 23rd, 2009, 05:32 PM
FACT Southern U. has played 32 times against Southland conference foes in the last 29 years. xcoffeex

That is actually FICTION - considering Nicholls did not join the conference until 1992. And both games against Southeastern La. did not take place when they were in the SLC either.

McNeese 1-0 Southern
Nicholls 4-2 Southern (Nicholls 13-6 overall)
Southern 5-5 Northwestern State

So, in the history of the SLC - Southern has played 17 games and maintains a 7-10 record. xrulesx

If all teams in the SLC are considered for their existence, Southern is 12-20. xthumbsupx

JROCK
December 23rd, 2009, 07:27 PM
That is actually FICTION - considering Nicholls did not join the conference until 1992. And both games against Southeastern La. did not take place when they were in the SLC either.

McNeese 1-0 Southern
Nicholls 4-2 Southern (Nicholls 13-6 overall)
Southern 5-5 Northwestern State

So, in the history of the SLC - Southern has played 17 games and maintains a 7-10 record. xrulesx

If all teams in the SLC are considered for their existence, Southern is 12-20. xthumbsupx

Spin Doctor........send help!

TexasTerror
December 23rd, 2009, 08:56 PM

Your point is valid, just not factual.

WestCoastAggie
December 23rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
Exactly

The streak of the MEAC getting their head handed to them by SU by a tune of 11-4 since they've been playing SU in a Classic/Challenge at a neutral site the last two decades.

SU 28 BCC 2 1998 HB

SU 30 FAMU 25 1995 HB

SU 3 HU 24 1999 HB

xwhistlex

JROCK
December 23rd, 2009, 09:33 PM
Your point is valid, just not factual.

Fact Southern U has played the current membership of the Southland Conference 32 times in the last 29 years! xlolx

bluedog
December 23rd, 2009, 09:52 PM
xwhistlex

I'm not going to even try and get into that head of yours. xlolxxlolx

Here you miss one ...

Exactly

SU 28 BCC 2 1998 HB

SU 30 FAMU 25 1995 HB

SU 3 HU 24 1999 HB

...xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

I got two more where those came from if you like. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

WestCoastAggie
December 23rd, 2009, 09:58 PM
I'm not going to even try and get into that head of yours. xlolxxlolx

Here you miss one ...

...xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

I got two more where those came from if you like. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Put it this way, U ain't sweep A&T, u ain't sweep the MEAC & no matter who SU plays in the Challenge, It will be yet another win for the MEAC. xrulesx

bluedog
December 23rd, 2009, 10:14 PM
Put it this way, U ain't sweep A&T, u ain't sweep the MEAC & no matter who SU plays in the Challenge, It will be yet another win for the MEAC. xrulesx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx Like I said dude I'm not going even try to get into that head.
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

msusig
December 23rd, 2009, 10:36 PM

What the FACTS hurt? xxmasx

roTSU50
December 23rd, 2009, 10:40 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx Like I said dude I'm not going even try to get into that head.

You talking a lot of smack for a team who is losing their coach and one of the best QB SU has a had in awhile.

Intresting.

catdaddy2402
December 24th, 2009, 12:08 AM
This is one of those situations where the affected school and their conference needs to adopt the philosophy that when school X fails to meet it's obligations in regards to scheduling then that school and their fellow conference mates simply need to make it policy not to schedule school X anymore in any sport. It might not be a big deal in football and basketball...but if school X is in the geographic area of the affected school/conference it will hurt them everywhere else. Let two regional conferences ban scheduling school X and they'll learn there is a price to pay for dishonest scheduling practices.

bluedog
December 24th, 2009, 12:28 AM
This is one of those situations where the affected school and their conference needs to adopt the philosophy that when school X fails to meet it's obligations in regards to scheduling then that school and their fellow conference mates simply need to make it policy not to schedule school X anymore in any sport. It might not be a big deal in football and basketball...but if school X is in the geographic area of the affected school/conference it will hurt them everywhere else. Let two regional conferences ban scheduling school X and they'll learn there is a price to pay for dishonest scheduling practices.

xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 24th, 2009, 01:40 AM

ITs not going to work xlolx. The instate schools, except LSU, are literally lining up begging SU to play them in football. SU owns more college stadium records in Louisiana than LSU.

sharkeycox
December 24th, 2009, 11:17 AM
The culture of the SWAC is corrupt.xcoffeex

I am sure you would. However, if you have a
contract, it needs to be honored. If Alcorn has not paid up and/or made alternative arrangements, they are in the wrong.

There's a reason that contracts are signed for sports like baseball, basketball, football and even volleyball, soccer. All sports need them, including tennis and golf if you ask me, if not all schools are.

Prairie View was set to begin a home-and-home in 2008 in Huntsville with 2009 in Prairie View. Game got pushed back to 2009 and 2010 because of inclement weather in '08.

Both ADs came out saying they wanted to see the series forward. SHSU announced PV on their schedule in late March, early April. PV announced the schedule sans SHSU in April. SHSU was blindsided and PV never picked up a phone to return a call on the subject.

Pretty bad business model for PV, which even Panther88 agreed with.

There is obviously a mutual desire to play each other. The SWAC is calling us, the SLC is calling them. It goes both ways...

Panther88
December 24th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Like I've said many, many, many times before. Please contact your university regents, trustees, administrators, athletic directors and head coaches and demand that your institution not play another SWAC institution in another sport..... period.

Simple as that right? xconfusedx

They're a powerless bunch. They don't have that type power that some of us have and can send a txt/fire an e-mail/or make a phone call to get something done. ;) lol

They enjoy wasting bandwidth and watching what they type lol and the responses they recv vs actually getting their a** in high-gear to make something happen. :D 2 funny.

What a dismal exercise in waste. xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

3rd Coast Tiger
December 24th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Matter of fact.

Everyone who has contacted one of those whom I listed above please let us know by signing in and letting us know who you talked to and what they said.

Panther88
December 24th, 2009, 12:19 PM
*CRICKETS!!!!!!*

msusig
December 24th, 2009, 01:00 PM
ITs not going to work xlolx. The instate schools, except LSU, are literally lining up begging SU to play them in football. SU owns more college stadium records in Louisiana than LSU.

"SU owns more college stadium records in Louisiana than LSU". LSU doesn't play at any other stadiums in Louisiana, except Tulane. Southern doesn't even compare to LSU in attendance.
If Southern is so big in attendance why don't they go FBS? Southern is a joke in college football. Southern is a team that regional colleges schedule to get some visiting fans to show up and for a guaranteed win. Southern is known more for it's band than the football team. What a joke. I seem to remember a lot of your fans leave after half time because they just showed up to watch the band.xlolx

3rd Coast Tiger
December 24th, 2009, 01:22 PM
No reason to.

I understand the economics of college athletics and I understand that we want to win. SHSU can beat Texas Southern all it wants (since that's what it does) and save a pretty penny doing it, even if it does mean stepping down and playing baseball or softball at a city park.

It does fall on the admins at the SLC schools to make sure they handle the SWAC schools appropriately as it relates to the contract(s) and make sure the SWAC school (game or not) handles their part of the deal.

So with that being the case, why do you bring this "dead horse" topic up all the time?

I can understand the economic side of the equation being that SHSU doesn't generate a dime revenue-wise from it's largest expense: football (thanks BW) so it desperately needs to make up for it in other sports (wait, only in olympic sports so is it really saving "a pretty penny").

Apparently, the administration hasn't handled the contractual side of the equasion any better as the SLC is still having issues holding the SWAC to it's end of the contract right?

So in the meantime, SHSU schedule "NCCAA" powerhouse programs like Mid American Christian and Ecclesia.

msusig
December 24th, 2009, 02:57 PM
So with that being the case, why do you bring this "dead horse" topic up all the time?

I can understand the economic side of the equation being that SHSU doesn't generate a dime revenue-wise from it's largest expense: football (thanks BW) so it desperately needs to make up for it in other sports (wait, only in olympic sports so is it really saving "a pretty penny").

Apparently, the administration hasn't handled the contractual side of the equasion any better as the SLC is still having issues holding the SWAC to it's end of the contract right?

So in the meantime, SHSU schedule "NCCAA" powerhouse programs like Mid American Christian and Ecclesia.

Ummmm.....Texas Southern is 23-66 in the past eight years and has only one winning season in that time period and that was this past season at 6-5. Not much to brag about or be little Sam Houston State about.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 24th, 2009, 03:02 PM
xlolx Only if you grab him and throw him in the back of a van. You certainly can't pay him enough to go to that Godfordaken school. You forget, he is a pretty good football coach but not worth a flip as a band directer and that is all you are really looking for anyway. Why don't you just let the band director pull double duty and save some of that much needed money you have make every year by playing those so called classics, etc to keep the wheels rolling xcoffeex

Damn, is it football season yet? Are we going to have to listen to the BS for 8 months xeekx
SU only played in 1 classic last season. If SU is Godfordaken what is McNeese lol. And if I were you I wouldnt speak to soon about your coach. Heard he was very interested lol.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 24th, 2009, 03:14 PM
"SU owns more college stadium attendence records in Louisiana than LSU."
LSU doesn't play at any stadiums in Louisiana other than Tulane. THAT is why you apparently own more college stadium attendance records in Louisiana than LSU. I am not even going to bother to take time to dispute the attendance records if that's true.

And once again people come to see the band, not the football team. And who is Randy Jackson and Branford Marcilious. Are you talking about the guy from American Idol? That's nothing to brag about.

"You know certain FBS conferences have been begging SU to join right."
I hope you are joking because that's pretty funny.

Is that the best you can do. xlolx

msusig
December 24th, 2009, 03:18 PM
SU only played in 1 classic last season. If SU is Godfordaken what is McNeese lol. And if I were you I wouldnt speak to soo about your coach. Heard he was very interested lol.

Viator at Southern....please. Why would he ever want to go there? That would be a step backward.

3rd Coast Tiger
December 24th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Ummmm.....Texas Southern is 23-66 in the past eight years and has only one winning season in that time period and that was this past season at 6-5. Not much to brag about or be little Sam Houston State about.

You're absolutely correct 23-66 is nothing to brag about; that's why within those eight years 2 football coaches and an athletic director was fired for their atrocities.

So you're Sam Houston's bodyguard now? Are you an intern or do they pay you? If you don't know who I'm directing my comments to then it's best you leave iT to Those who know.

msusig
December 24th, 2009, 03:42 PM
You're absolutely correct 23-66 is nothing to brag about; that's why within those eight years 2 football coaches and an athletic director was fired for their atrocities.

So you're Sam Houston's bodyguard now? Are you an intern or do they pay you? If you don't know who I'm directing my comments to then it's best you leave iT to Those who know.

bodyguard? nope, but Sam Houston is in the Southland. What you finally realize you have nothing to brag about?

msusig
December 24th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Is that the best you can do. xlolx

Best I can do? What the truth hurts?:)

McNeese75
December 24th, 2009, 03:53 PM
SU only played in 1 classic last season. If SU is Godfordaken what is McNeese lol. And if I were you I wouldnt speak to soon about your coach. Heard he was very interested lol.

Got some money to cover that mouth of yours???? xcoolx Yep and I heard Les Miles wanted to make the move and LaFluer was wanting to pay him more than LSU xcoffeex

3rd Coast Tiger
December 24th, 2009, 04:03 PM
What you finally realize you have nothing to brag about?

Yes, I personally have quite a bit to brag about considering my athletic career at my alma mater. Can you say the same?

txstatebobcat
December 24th, 2009, 04:15 PM
xpopcornx

GAD
December 24th, 2009, 04:33 PM
xlolx Only if you grab him and throw him in the back of a van. You certainly can't pay him enough to go to that Godfordaken school. You forget, he is a pretty good football coach but not worth a flip as a band directer and that is all you are really looking for anyway. Why don't you just let the band director pull double duty and save some of that much needed money you have make every year by playing those so called classics, etc to keep the wheels rolling xcoffeex

Damn, is it football season yet? Are we going to have to listen to the BS for 8 months xeekx
I have heard he was very interested

TexasTerror
December 24th, 2009, 04:36 PM

The funny thing is I think the SHSU soccer team has scored about 66 goals against Texas Southern, if not more over about five games during the same time period. xlolx

3rd Coast Tiger
December 24th, 2009, 04:49 PM
The funny thing is I think the SHSU soccer team has scored about 66 goals against Texas Southern, if not more over about five games during the same time period. xlolx

Women's College Soccer.... xrolleyesx
Now there's a sport we all can't get enough of. Why don't you captivate us with women's bowling next.

TexasTerror
December 24th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Women's College Soccer.... xrolleyesx
Now there's a sport we all can't get enough of. Why don't you captivate us with women's bowling next.

3rd Coast, what's wrong with soccer talk? It's been the top article on TSUBall.com since Sept. 8 -- apparently there's a nice fan base for it . Not sure why you are harping on the sport, when it's been given such a spot on your school web site.

As far as bowling - soon enough! xnodx Would say tennis too, but we saw how well that went at Texas Southern...

mikebigg
December 24th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Why do the mods allow TT to use the word "whore" and constantly make derogatory comments toward the SWAC and/or it's members schools without apparent reprimands? In the past, I have been warned not to "attack" an individual and not use the word "azz" regardless of how I spell it.

I'll probably get a warning for this...but the MODS are being hypocrits!!!!!

3rd Coast Tiger
December 24th, 2009, 05:21 PM
3rd Coast, what's wrong with soccer talk? It's been the top article on TSUBall.com since Sept. 8 -- apparently there's a nice fan base for it . Not sure why you are harping on the sport, when it's been given such a spot on your school web site.

As far as bowling - soon enough! xnodx Would say tennis too, but we saw how well that went at Texas Southern...

Soccer talk huh?

mikebigg
December 24th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Our schools will continue to play the SWAC schools for several reasons.

The foremost being it makes economic sense since you guys are a bus trip from every SLC school. Money counts big time in this day and age. You know this and this is why the SWAC schools tend to 'whore' themselves out at unheard of rates (just ask Andy Katz).

Throw in the fact that 85-90% of the time (as proven when I used to keep track of the SLC vs SWAC events), it means a win - these contests are great. A true win-win, if the SWAC schools are willing to fulfill their obligations....

While most the SLC will schedule the SWAC, the schools within the league who schedule for RPI purposes when the league has a chance at an at-large, those schools limit the amount of SWAC games, because those truly do negatively impact the RPI.

Even at 50 plus years of age, I learned something new today. I found out that the expression "whore" yourself out isn't considered a curse word when used in the context that TT does for the SWAC. I'm glad to know that... now that means I can say that McNeese was "assed" out by SU and no one will get upset.

Thanks TT!

xwhistlex

Mod99
December 24th, 2009, 05:48 PM
This thread has been cleaned out of numerous TOS violations. Most of the TOS violations were personal attacks and language. Warnings and infractions were handed out to several violators.

Furthermore, a separate thread has been started to move some of the conversation from this post that went down a different road and could be cleaned up to some degree to another area of AGS.

Mod33
December 24th, 2009, 05:49 PM
This thread has been cleaned out of numerous TOS violations. Most of the TOS violations were personal attacks and language. Warnings and infractions were handed out to several violators.

Furthermore, a separate thread has been started to move some of the conversation from this post that went down a different road and could be cleaned up to some degree to another area of AGS.

GOKATS
December 24th, 2009, 05:54 PM

Bah humbug!! Lighten up Scrooge............xpeacex

bluedog
December 24th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Bah humbug!! Lighten up Scrooge............xpeacex

You better watch it, that's a personal attack and will not be tolerated. xrolleyesx

oldsouthernman
December 24th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Not honoring contracts makes any school/league look bushleague. Period. Excuses are simply that. Delaware State looked like the bad news bears last season with the Michigan deal. Right is right. Plenty of sleazeballs put quick money over honesty/integrity and reputation. Good luck to the SWAC going down this road. Let me know how that works out for you.

msusig
December 24th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Not honoring contracts makes any school/league look bushleague. Period. Excuses are simply that. Delaware State looked like the bad news bears last season with the Michigan deal. Right is right. Plenty of sleazeballs put quick money over honesty/integrity and reputation. Good luck to the SWAC going down this road. Let me know how that works out for you.

xsmileyclapx

TSUalum05
December 25th, 2009, 09:36 AM

Have you ever taken a job that made more money than your previous? Like the Cincinnati Coach, or Montana Coach and so on? Would you consider them sleazeballs for 'quick money'?

3rd Coast Tiger
December 25th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Have you ever taken a job that made more money than your previous? Like the Cincinantti Coach, or Montana Coach and so on? Would you consider them sleazeballs for 'quick money'?

What about when Comegy accepted the position at Norfolk State then immediately hired his assistants only to decline the job days/weeks later and goes back to Tuskegee? Those assistants were left in a bad position.

Panther88
December 25th, 2009, 01:54 PM

It's working out well on this end. How's it working out for those moaning and griping about it? xlolxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

Work on that in the new yr big guy! xthumbsupx

McNeese72
December 25th, 2009, 02:19 PM

Yes, that is how home and home's usually work. Team A goes to play at Team B one year. Team B collects all of that gate. Then Team B travels to Team A on the next half of the one and one. Team A gets the gate. Both teams have to use the money they collect when they are home teams to help recoup the travel expenses they have incurred in those years when they were the visiting team. McNeese had expenses from the 2004 game that we have had to eat since Southern has not returned the game on the second half of the home and home.

That is how most home and home arrangements work.

The buyout on the original contract was $50,000. After the cancellation/postponement in 2005, our administration didn't push for the buyout payment because of Hurricane Katrina. We have worked to reschedule the game. Since then, we thought we had it rescheduled twice only to have Southern back out. This time it was under the original contract. It is time to demand the buyout money and move on.

For the record, I have no problems playing home and homes with SWAC teams. We have played home and homes with Prairie View, Alcorn St., and Grambling in the past. I went to all six of the games and enjoyed my trips to Grambling and Alcorn to play there. The Prairie View game was at the AstroDome and was attended by the McNeese fans and the Prairie View Band. The only home and home we have had trouble completing was with Southern. We probably wouldn't have had problems with it if it wasn't for Hurricane Katrina in 2005. But it has been plenty of time since Katrina and 2005, so it is time for Southern to either play or pay up, imo. I have had a problem in the past with the Southern fans' F.U. type of attitude about the game and thinking Southern was not doing anything wrong.

Doc

McNeese72
December 25th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Fact Southern U has played the current membership of the Southland Conference 32 times in the last 29 years! xlolx

Fact: Southern U still owes McNeese a home game or payment of a buyout clause for the 33rd game that hasn't been played.

This string has gone off in all different directions but the above is what it all boils down to in the end. Either play or payup.

Doc

Panther88
December 25th, 2009, 06:09 PM
It's about to be 2010 in a few days and y'all still bit, I mean, griping. lol :D

What gives? xcoffeex

McNeese72
December 25th, 2009, 06:56 PM
It's about to be 2010 in a few days and y'all still bit, I mean, griping. lol :D

What gives? xcoffeex

You do that stuff enough times and long enough, you eventually get a rep and it will eventually come back and bite you on the rear end.

Doc

DSUrocks07
December 25th, 2009, 09:02 PM
The SWAC doesn't care about football, they care about the "pageantry of football"...two different things...and its obvious from reading this thread.

oldsouthernman
December 26th, 2009, 12:46 AM
The SWAC doesn't care about football, they care about the "pageantry of football"...two different things...and its obvious from reading this thread.

You are dead on correct. Their fans are defending bush league, unethical behavior on this thread. Right is right. Bush league is bush league. Anyone that thinks that not honoring game contracts is normal and acceptable is devoid of class and character. Defending breaking contracts speaks for itself. That will work at well for the SWAC. Bad FCS football on the field, and unethical off the field. Let me know how that works out for you.

kdinva
December 26th, 2009, 07:15 AM

xbeerchugx

(yet, this comes from someone whose team backed out of a mandatory Conference game for a few bucksxsmhx).

SU Jag
December 26th, 2009, 08:52 AM
A dsu fan should be the last person on earth talking about football scheduling with anyone. They became a national punchline for the whole michigan thing this past season. Someone should send a memo to all 6 dsu fans in the world and tell them to stay away from any scheduling threads on message boards!

JagHammer
December 26th, 2009, 09:05 AM
A dsu fan should be the last person on earth talking about football scheduling with anyone. They became a national punchline for the whole michigan thing this past season. Someone should send a memo to all 6 dsu fans in the world and tell them to stay away from any scheduling threads on message boards!

xlolxxlolxxlolx

However, we do need to play this game.

Panther88
December 26th, 2009, 10:22 AM
xbeerchugx

(yet, this comes from someone whose team backed out of a mandatory Conference game for a few bucksxsmhx).

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx lol

Sometimes it's best to be quiet in situations such as this and observe if you don't have a "hornet" (dog) in the hunt. :D

I refuse to idle self and allow outsiders attack of my current conference w/out some show of resistance. :) We have a 9-game mandate and SU prefers to play famu and tnsu OOC but will probably hornet-stomp delaware state in the MEAC/SWAC challenge fall 2010 as one of the OOC tilts. Where should SU put mcneese on an already full slate considering we do have a 9-game mandate that we have to honor? Should they drop a conference game just to play mcneese state?

Get real. You're not that important=====> xeekx

DG Cowboy
December 26th, 2009, 12:27 PM

Sometimes it's best to be quiet in situations such as this and observe if you don't have a "hornet" (dog) in the hunt. :D

I refuse to idle self and allow outsiders attack of my current conference w/out some show of resistance. :) We have a 9-game mandate and SU prefers to play famu and tnsu OOC but will probably hornet-stomp delaware state in the MEAC/SWAC challenge fall 2010 as one of the OOC tilts. Where should SU put mcneese on an already full slate considering we do have a 9-game mandate that we have to honor? Should they drop a conference game just to play mcneese state?

So what did SU drop to play McNeese at home in 2004 and get the McNeese travel money?

DSUrocks07
December 26th, 2009, 03:42 PM
xbeerchugx

Knowledge sometimes comes from places where you least expect it.

Panther88
December 26th, 2009, 08:29 PM
So what did SU drop to play McNeese at home in 2004 and get the McNeese travel money?

I don't know. Lets ask them and see for ourselves.:D

msusig
December 27th, 2009, 12:34 PM

Southern's problems for not showing up are not McNeese's problem. Show up or pay up. McNeese never should schedule such incompetence again.xcoolx

WestCoastAggie
December 27th, 2009, 02:47 PM
A match-up between SU & Del. St. in the Challenge will be GREAT. xsmhx xeyebrowx xconfusedx
I just hope the Jukebox doesn't come out in their Band Camp uniforms like they did the last time they played in the Challenge. xoopsx xnonono2x xwhistlex xlolx

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 27th, 2009, 03:08 PM
A match-up between SU & Del. St. in the Challenge will be GREAT. xsmhx xeyebrowx xconfusedx
I just hope the Jukebox doesn't come out in their Band Camp uniforms like they did the last time they played in the Challenge. xoopsx xnonono2x xwhistlex xlolx

It was 100 degrees out there lol. Famu had several folks pass out dressed in full uniform.

WestCoastAggie
December 27th, 2009, 03:14 PM
It was 100 degrees out there lol. Famu had several folks pass out dressed in full uniform.

I didn't see the football teams or the Marching 100 complaining. xlolx

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 27th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I didn't see the football teams or the Marching 100 complaining. xlolx

SU won that game :). Halftime also :) .

msusig
December 27th, 2009, 04:01 PM

What does this have to do with Southern backing out of the game with MSU?

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 27th, 2009, 04:12 PM

I was talking to Westcoastaggie.

813Jag
December 27th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Westcoastaggie, their qb had problems with crmps during that game.

estcoastaggie, their qb got hit with cramps during that game. So I'm su

kdinva
December 27th, 2009, 06:21 PM
SU won......Halftime also :) .

how many votes did that earn SU in the weekly 1-AA polls?xcoffeex

WestCoastAggie
December 27th, 2009, 06:24 PM

So the Dancing Herd Throwing their $5 weaves was the Human Jukebox's secret weapon?
xlolx

WestCoastAggie
December 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM

Just throwin in some Smack towards the Swacko's LOL!

DSUrocks07
December 27th, 2009, 07:56 PM

What are these "polls" that you speak of? xeyebrowx

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 27th, 2009, 08:52 PM

That game was in 07. :)

bluedog
December 27th, 2009, 09:08 PM

Why do you think we care and in the big scheme of things what does it matters?

cajundemon
December 28th, 2009, 02:31 AM
SHSU had been averaging in the 8500-9500 range for most of the last few years.

I find it hilarious that someone accusing other teams of inflating attendance numbers is so guilty of doing the same. Dude, I'm a Huntsville native and been to plenty of Kat games the past 10 years. There is no way in the world Sam has ever averaged 8500-9500...That's a ridiculous fabrication. Sam's a suitcase school and the students that do stay are at the Jolly Fox or Shenanigan's saturday nights....the community for the most part doesn't really care. xlolxxlolx

TSUalum05
December 28th, 2009, 08:10 AM
I find it hilarious that someone accusing other teams of inflating attendance numbers is so guilty of doing the same. Dude, I'm a Huntsville native and been to plenty of Kat games the past 10 years. There is no way in the world Sam has ever averaged 8500-9500...That's a ridiculous fabrication. Sam's a suitcase school and the students that do stay are at the Jolly Fox or Shenanigan's saturday nights....the community for the most part doesn't really care. xlolxxlolx

Once a team starts winning people will come out the woods. I use the example of University of Houston in which a former athlete during the years of 2003-05 were required to attend football games and during the game were required to go in and out of the stadium to boost attendance.

They no longer need to do that as they have been winning and the same could apply to programs around the nation. If you win they will come.

3rd Coast Tiger
December 28th, 2009, 08:29 AM

I totally agree with you and have been told the same from SHSU students. My buddy's daughter is a 2006 SHSU alum and she'd confirm to us EXACTLY what you saying.

TexasTerror
December 28th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Cajundemon is right about the attendance (the student body supports basketball more than football - at an over 10% clip when school returns in the spring), however it is humorous for a NWST fan to talk about fabrication and inflation. That's a page right out of the Demon athletic department playbook! ;)

See, 3rd Coast - some of us can agree when people bring up the negatives or perceived negatives of one's school. Unfortunately, so many, especially in the SWAC, are unable to step back and realize the fault's of their alma mater's.

3rd Coast Tiger
December 28th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Cajundemon is right about the attendance (the student body supports basketball more than football - at an over 10% clip when school returns in the spring), however it is humorous for a NWST fan to talk about fabrication and inflation. That's a page right out of the Demon athletic department playbook! ;)

See, 3rd Coast - some of us can agree when people bring up the negatives or perceived negatives of one's school. Unfortunately, so many, especially in the SWAC, are unable to step back and realize the fault's of their alma mater's.

But didn't Cajundemon make the comment because you said Sam had been averaging in the 8500-9500 range for most of the last few years? xconfusedx

So had he/she not made that response you're making the statement that you stand by those inflated numbers? xconfusedx xconfusedx So in essence, you would not have acquiesced had they not made the statement?

msusig
December 28th, 2009, 01:12 PM
But didn't Cajundemon make the comment because you said Sam had been averaging in the 8500-9500 range for most of the last few years? xconfusedx

So had he/she not made that response you're making the statement that you stand by those inflated numbers? xconfusedx xconfusedx So in essence, you would not have acquiesced had they not made the statement?

So how inflated are your schools numbers?xeyebrowx

3rd Coast Tiger
December 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM
So how inflated are your schools numbers?xeyebrowx

About as much as they are at "The Hole".

TexasTerror
December 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM

Just going by what's reported to the NCAA. Everyone knows those numbers are typically not accurate. If they were, schools like ULM and North Texas would have never gone FBS and perhaps a school like Texas Southern would know where their true home field is per NCAA guidelines.

3rd Coast Tiger
December 28th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I still can't get over an onside kick going backwards. xeekx

Is that even physically possible? xconfusedx

msusig
December 28th, 2009, 04:38 PM
About as much as they are at "The Hole".

McNeese doesn't inflate their numbers.

MSU_77
December 28th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I can't believe this discussion is still going on. Man, it must be the offseason.

xdeadhorsex

DG Cowboy
December 28th, 2009, 08:03 PM
*****Wow! SU has agreed to play the MEAC play-in game in Lake Charles and give their game receipts to McNeese. Man that's classy!*****

Oh, dang. My wife just woke me up. Sorry.

BEAR
December 28th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I still can't get over an onside kick going backwards. xeekx

Is that even physically possible? xconfusedx

About as possible as this thread ending...xlolx

I was sideline when that kick took off sideways. I think he topped it and it bounced a yard then rolled out of bounds for maybe a yard. Not on the same side, but on the other side of the field. I felt sorry for Bomar..and the kicker. Nice rally only to fall short by special teams...a theme we know all too well this year. xlolx

cajundemon
December 29th, 2009, 01:04 AM

We may overhype a bit, but we dont fabricate and inflate our attendance numbers anymore than every single other school does. I have no control over what our athletic department does or says, so I'm not sure why that had anything to do with my original post. And Ill take it that you won't refute your delusional attendance numbers either, because you guys averaging 8500-9500 is the biggest pile of BS Ive ever heard.

Pretty sad when a 0-11 team has higher attendance than you guys don't you think? Even with a town and university half the size of Huntsville.

As for the basketball...Johnson Coliseum isnt exactly an intimidating venue for visiting teams, attendance is far from impressive even when they're winning. There's no such thing as a "basketball school" in Texas if the university has a football team. That's just a weak cop-out for your abysmal attendance numbers for Football.

Panther88
December 29th, 2009, 10:44 AM
We may overhype a bit, but we dont fabricate and inflate our attendance numbers anymore than every single other school does. I have no control over what our athletic department does or says, so I'm not sure why that had anything to do with my original post. And Ill take it that you won't refute your delusional attendance numbers either, because you guys averaging 8500-9500 is the biggest pile of BS Ive ever heard.

Pretty sad when a 0-11 team has higher attendance than you guys don't you think? Even with a town and university half the size of Huntsville.

As for the basketball...Johnson Coliseum isnt exactly an intimidating venue for visiting teams, attendance is far from impressive even when they're winning. There's no such thing as a "basketball school" in Texas if the university has a football team. That's just a weak cop-out for your abysmal attendance numbers for Football.

Ouch cajundemon. xlolx OWWWWWCH!!!! I've never encountered this type of forwardness and direct line to truth on this site. lol

Kudos. xthumbsupx

813Jag
December 29th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Cajundemon, I sure hope your school's website is up to date because that'll be the next wave of attack you'll have to be ready for. The funny thing about this thread is has there been anything offical stated? xreadx xcoffeex

3rd Coast Tiger
December 29th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Cajundemon, I sure hope your school's website is up to date because that'll be the next wave of attack you'll have to be ready for. The funny thing about this thread is has there been anything offical stated? xreadx xcoffeex

No. Nothing official about whether or not Southern will/will not play McNeese State next season.

bluedog
December 29th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Actually it has been official that we will play them and until someone shows an official statement to the contrary that we're not we will play them in 2010.

813Jag
December 29th, 2009, 01:01 PM
So we have 18 plus pages (counting the ones that were "moved") on speculation? That's funny. xlolx but it's not surprising at all. xreadx

msusig
December 29th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Actually it has been official that we will play them and until someone shows an official statement to the contrary that we're not we will play them in 2010.

So I guess we will just start this thread over again when it becomes official.xnodx Should be fun and boring all over again.

If Southern does actually show up next year I'm predicting:

McNeese 24
Southern 14

Too bad we are losing our quarterback for next year. Hopefully we can find a good replacement. I'm not scared at running back because we have Champlain Babin to take Pendland's spot.

BEAR
December 29th, 2009, 01:22 PM
So I guess we will just start this thread over again when it becomes official.xnodx Should be fun and boring all over again.

McNeese 24
Southern 14

Too bad we are losing our quarterback for next year. Hopefully we can find a good replacement. I'm not scared at running back because we have Champlain Babin to take Pendland's spot.

Is he related to Brian Babin? xlolx

bluedog
December 29th, 2009, 02:12 PM

McNeese 24
Southern 14

I'm sure you will, as it doesn't matter to us one way or the other.

Mod33
January 7th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Cleaned up the last few pages.

Further smack posts should be put in http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67814.

msusig
January 7th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I'm sure you will, as it doesn't matter to us one way or the other.

xbangx This is starting to get old.

McNeese72
January 9th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by JROCK
Have fun playing the D-2 school of your choice. Perhaps you guys should send someone from McNeese to Southern U. Law for a course in contracts!

Saw AD Tommy Mac yesterday. The contract in question is not the original one for the 2005 game that the old AD handled but the new one that he signed for the 2010 game.

I asked him about it and his quote was, "They are either going to play us or pay us".

Doc

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 9th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Saw AD Tommy Mac yesterday. The contract in question is not the original one for the 2005 game that the old AD handled but the new one that he signed for the 2010 game.

I asked him about it and his quote was, "They are either going to play us or pay us".

Doc
xsmileyclapx Ok let it die now.

TexasTerror
January 9th, 2010, 02:42 PM

Glad to know that the Southern fan(s) that said there was no pay on the line were incorrect...

Hopefully, Southern does not drag their feet in getting the $$$ to McNeese as some of their fellow SWACmates in paying SLC schools for breaking contracts. It's not like Southern does not have the money, they have paid bonuses out recently to some employees with political ties on staff and gave Cador a raise, despite the fact he was in no position to leave them...

813Jag
January 9th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Glad to know that the Southern fan(s) that said there was no pay on the line were incorrect...

Hopefully, Southern does not drag their feet in getting the $$$ to McNeese as some of their fellow SWACmates in paying SLC schools for breaking contracts. It's not like Southern does not have the money, they have paid bonuses out recently to some employees with political ties on staff and gave Cador a raise, despite the fact he was in no position to leave them...
You act like Cador getting a raise took money out of your pocket, you have some feminine tendancies. xlolx

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 9th, 2010, 06:20 PM
they have paid bonuses out recently to some employees with political ties on staff and gave Cador a raise, despite the fact he was in no position to leave them...

xlolxxlolxxlolx

TexasTerror
January 9th, 2010, 06:47 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx

I guess it's funny when someone posts facts about your school?

Pay Raises: http://anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67834

And Cador...well, the guy who was named head coach before the search ended up being head coach afterwards. And Cador got his raise, go figure... xsmileyclapx

McNeese72
January 9th, 2010, 07:07 PM
xsmileyclapx Ok let it die now.

I think it dies when "you either pay us or play us". :)

Doc

JohnStOnge
January 9th, 2010, 07:37 PM

Doc

I called the Jaguar Journal today and Carlos Brown kind of backed off a litte...don't know if that's the right word for it. But he said that though he didn't talk to the AD hmself and he needed to find out for sure.

He also said he thinks Southern should play McNeese. Don't know his exact words but basically it was saying that would be the honorable thing to do.

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 9th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I guess it's funny when someone posts facts about your school?

Pay Raises: http://anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67834

And Cador...well, the guy who was named head coach before the search ended up being head coach afterwards. And Cador got his raise, go figure... xsmileyclapx
Why do you always bring up Cador when you discuss anything about SU lol. I guess you are salty he choose SU over UNO.

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 9th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I think it dies when "you either pay us or play us". :)

Doc

Did McNeese pay or play Cal Poly.

McNeese75
January 9th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Did McNeese pay or play Cal Poly.

The first game was not played in that series. Somewhat different situation don't you think?? If McNeese had not played at Southern in 2004 first this would all be moot.

TexasTerror
January 9th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Why do you always bring up Cador when you discuss anything about SU lol. I guess you are salty he choose SU over UNO.

Never was granted that choice...despite any misinformation he fed you. Misinformation and Southern is a common theme, hence some of the comments in this post...

Jaguar79
January 11th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Give these little people their fee so they can move on with their lives. God, this is bordering on obsession for them. xsmhx

JROCK
January 12th, 2010, 08:51 PM
McNeese needs to be tortured. Tell them that we will make the game up in 2012. It will give the McNeese fans 2 more years to whine...... xlolx

Crusader2010
January 12th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Perhaps SU would "give" one of its OOC opponents to McNeese to complete the deal. ODU did something similar with W&M this year. They had originally scheduled a game in Williamsburg to be played this past fall but didn't think they'd be ready to play at that level. Instead, ODU gave them their game with Central Connecticut to fill the void.

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 12th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Perhaps SU would "give" one of its OOC opponents to McNeese to complete the deal. ODU did something similar with W&M this year. They had originally scheduled a game in Williamsburg to be played this past fall but didn't think they'd be ready to play at that level. Instead, ODU gave them their game with Central Connecticut to fill the void.

xlolx

813Jag
January 13th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Never was granted that choice...despite any misinformation he fed you. Misinformation and Southern is a common theme, hence some of the comments in this post...
I could say what a common theme is with you but I don't want to get in any more trouble for a personal attack. Misinformation? You mean like starting a thread full of speculation and trying to pass it as fact? xreadx you should really look into a mirror before you comment on any school's fanbase, the majority of whom, actually support their schools. I'll tell Cador to give you a few dollars since you're so concerned about him. Who besides you would bring up a baseball coach in a football discussion?

Then we get the great quote from a McNeese source "they're gonna play us or pay us", really? My son could have said that. xlolx the way some of you carry on, you'd think that you personally get a share of the money. xlolx

McNeese72
January 13th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Then we get the great quote from a McNeese source "they're gonna play us or pay us", really? My son could have said that. xlolx the way some of you carry on, you'd think that you personally get a share of the money. xlolx

It was the McNeese AD, Tommy McClelland that said that to me. And I'd take it as being serious.

Doc

TexasTerror
January 13th, 2010, 08:27 AM
It was the McNeese AD, Tommy McClelland that said that to me. And I'd take it as being serious.

Funny thing is our AD said that about Prairie View A&M... xwhistlex

McNeese72
January 13th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Funny thing is our AD said that about Prairie View A&M... xwhistlex

Well, all I can say is that Tommy Mac is definitely not Sonny Watkins. He is a lot more aggressive at getting things done instead of sitting back an reacting to things. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Doc

DG Cowboy
January 13th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Well, after 21 pages what I get out of all this is:

McNeese feels SU should honor their contract and play or pay the $50,000. That's called whining.

SU fans feel SU has the right to do whatever they need to do to pay the bills. That's called arrogant.

So my final thought is I hope SU pays the $50,000 and McNeese and SU never bother to schedule again.

slostang
January 13th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Well, after 21 pages what I get out of all this is:

McNeese feels SU should honor their contract or pay the $50,000. That's called whining.

SU fans feel SU has the right to do whatever they need to do to pay the bills. That's called arrogant.

So my final thought is I hope SU pays the $50,000 and McNeese and SU never bother to schedule again.

Maybe this will open the door for a home and home with Cal Poly. The last one was canceled because of a huricane. I would love to see McNeese on a future schedule with Cal Poly. I had both my flight and hotel booked for the last one and would do it again if they were to sign another home and home.

DG Cowboy
January 13th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Maybe this will open the door for a home and home with Cal Poly. The last one was canceled because of a huricane. I would love to see McNeese on a future schedule with Cal Poly. I had both my flight and hotel booked for the last one and would do it again if they were to sign another home and home.

I also was so disappointed. I even emailed your former Coach Ellison to apologize and he took the time to answer and seemed like a great guy. We did a H and H with Portland State recently, so an SLO trip is something Cowboy fans would undoubtedly enjoy. If we get the series going again we'll show you some of Southwest La outside of Lake Charles. SW LA is a unique part of the USA.

slostang
January 13th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I also was so disappointed. I even emailed your former Coach Ellison to apologize and he took the time to answer and seemed like a great guy. We did a H and H with Portland State recently, so an SLO trip is something Cowboy fans would undoubtedly enjoy. If we get the series going again we'll show you some of Southwest La outside of Lake Charles. SW LA is a unique part of the USA.

You come out to SLO and we will have to treat you to a Santa Maria style B-B-Q.

DG Cowboy
January 13th, 2010, 02:04 PM

You're on. Just go on a diet before you come here, cause you won't go back the same weight. We have our share of problems in LA, but a lack of tasty food isn't one of them.

McNeese75
January 13th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Well if I was a McNeedy fan or alum, I would be begging S.U. to play also. One has to admit watching a SLC game is akin to watching a dripping faucet for four quarters. It even gets worse with some of their non conference opponents.....We should play the game on ULL campus. That matchbox stadium in Lake Charlie is too small.....Since S.U. is the star of this show/match-up, you cowpokes need to facilitate.....I'm sure KPLC know their way to Lafayette......

xlolx You can't polish a turd! Just calling it a "star" doesn't make it so.

JROCK
January 13th, 2010, 11:07 PM
McNeedy-The jilted housewives of the FCS. The next thing they will be asking Southern for is alimony! xlolx xlolx

Ms. Lake Charlene Class of 2007: "I want alimony from you Southern!"
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/2/mama.jpg

MSU_77
January 14th, 2010, 03:18 PM

The Central Coast of California has some of the best barbeque and steaks in the US. Makes me hungry just to think about it.