PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Montana!

AlphaSigMD
December 18th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I'll be watching the game tonight at my apartment with a group of (recently converted) FCS fans, with many a Christmas Ale pint-in-hand.

I'll admit it...over the years, I've occasionally used the terms "big-fluffy sky" and "overrated" when speaking of a certain conference and certain conference-dominant-team, but you have the chance to do something special this year! Go 15-0, write your place in the history books and send Bobby Hauck off to UNLV in style!

Give em' Hell Griz!

Bam
December 18th, 2009, 09:30 AM
You better win at UNLV or Uncle Suge Knight will come see ya & hold you over a balconing. xoopsx

4th and What?
December 18th, 2009, 09:52 AM
with a group of (recently converted) FCS fans

I've converted a few myself this season. Has something changed this season apart from others? Obviously there have been some great playoff games that have helped (Richmond/App, Montana's 4th qtr comeback, Montana/App). But I have found it a lot easier to get some interest this season some from of my Big Ten friends into FCS.

Grrrrriz
December 18th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I've converted a few myself this season. Has something changed this season apart from others? Obviously there have been some great playoff games that have helped (Richmond/App, Montana's 4th qtr comeback, Montana/App). But I have found it a lot easier to get some interest this season some from of my Big Ten friends into FCS.

I have noticed the same thing. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that there were some insanely good playoff games this year.

GSUhooligan
December 18th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I'm looking forward to welcoming ya'll into the small brotherhood of 15-0 teams. Don't screw it up!

UNH Fanboi
December 18th, 2009, 11:30 AM
A lot of Big Sky and Big South love lately. I guess the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

AshevilleApp2
December 18th, 2009, 11:41 AM
A lot of Big Sky and Big South love lately. I guess the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

UNH Fanboi
December 18th, 2009, 11:44 AM
xlolx xlolx xlolx

DAMN! Let me rephrase:

A lot of Big Sky and SoCon love lately. I guess the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

mtmike
December 18th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I realize it's temporary, but we'll take it!xnodxxnodxxnodx

proasu89
December 18th, 2009, 11:54 AM

Scuse me? xlolx

Wildcat80
December 18th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I realize it's temporary, but we'll take it!xnodxxnodxxnodx

and at least this one CAA fan!! (can't stand nova fans or coaches!!) Win big!!xrotatehx

AppIAA
December 18th, 2009, 11:56 AM
and at least this one CAA fan!! (can't stand nova fans or coaches!!) Win big!!xrotatehx

It can't be THAT bad.. they only have 2!!

Let's Go Griz!

Crackgina
December 18th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah one coach and one fan! But they almost came close to almost beating a pretty good team in the NCAA basketball tournament in the last 25 years don't forget.

GolfingGriz
December 18th, 2009, 12:28 PM

We're just gonna try and do what you all did about 8 weeks ago!

And avoid what you did two weeks ago...

ThompsonThe
December 18th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Will not wish you too much luck Griz....hopefully you will not need it.

Take that NC trophy back to Big Sky country.

Have a great game guys.

srgrizizen
December 18th, 2009, 03:03 PM

Fanboi, I think this is part of the New York Yankees syndrome. The Griz annoy people by talking too much about the team's successes. CAA members annoy people by talking too much about the conference's strength. That's why a lot of people view Montana as the "enemy" and others think the same about anybody in the CAA. Both are the result of huge success. If Montana wins, there will be lots of smack about the CAA. If they lose, there will be lots of "that's what happens when you play a real team." Both are unfortunate. Good luck to both teams, and let's be respectful.xthumbsupx

ASUG8
December 18th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Go Griz! Take 'em to the woodshed! xthumbsupx

Sir William
December 18th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I was at the 2001 championship game (Furman v. Montana), and even though we lost, I became a bonafide east coast Griz fan that night. Montana has great fans and a great program!

It's time for the trophy to go back to the Rockies! Go Griz!

Mr. Bojangles
December 18th, 2009, 04:23 PM

I've recently converted for obvious reasons. I've watched when App was in it in the past years and caught some of the Montana- App game last week. Looking forward to tonights game. I will definitely be paying more and more attention as we get closer to kickoff.

Herdman
December 18th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Go Griz!

feb18blacksunday
December 18th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Keep throwing to 80. Good first half Griz.

Shawn-O
December 18th, 2009, 08:35 PM
http://twitter.com/TexDolly/status/6816090603

Hold him to it! ;)

KiddBrewer
December 18th, 2009, 09:03 PM
"And one more thing - this play got #1 on ESPN's top 10, which means we get to watch it over and over! I love it, Boone hicks gettin knocked the eff out! Cline should have known if he had watched tape of the SDSU game where we did nearly the same thing to them.
The Griz are a team and program, which is why this will be their 7th trip to NC and 3rd win with different players, coaches, etc.
ASU is a player - Edwards, not a program. We ended his career and your program. Go look at the history."

i just read that from a Montana fan on youtube when I was watching Matt Cline get MURDERED on that hit last week....

as a result, i pull for Montana just a slight bit less.

but i still hope yall win

MR. CHICKEN
December 18th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Keep throwing to 80. Good first half Griz.

DIDN'T THROW TA # 80.......IN 2ND SEMESTERAH.....xeekx....AWK!