PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Spiders

appstate38
December 15th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Did I miss something in the past two weeks... Because I had no idea that London had left for UVA. I remember some of the Spiders fan speculating to the fact that he may be gone but I never saw a thread on this.... Tough lost for a good program.

paward
December 15th, 2009, 07:20 AM
You were a bit pre-occupied with other things. We lost a great coach but have a good one coming. It is early but I still think we contend next year. It will be a down year but not as down as some may think. We have weapons remaining. We need to fill some key position but if we get good play from them we shall be back.

WVAPPmountaineer
December 15th, 2009, 07:26 AM
You were a bit pre-occupied with other things. We lost a great coach but have a good one coming. It is early but I still think we contend next year. It will be a down year but not as down as some may think. We have weapons remaining. We need to fill some key position but if we get good play from them we shall be back.

2 big losses for you guys in 3 years - quality coaches - glad London got the UVA job - lord knows they need some new blood in that program - Who is going to get the UR job? ----

spdram
December 15th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Rumor is we will hire Latrell Scott, he was on the Dave Clawson staff a great recruiter, WR Coach and Ass't Head Coach. Young energetic well respected, but without experience as a HC or coordinator. I have heard Clawson say he is the best young football mind he has ever worked with.

mountaineer_dax
December 15th, 2009, 08:22 AM

I hate to say this but London was only at Richmond (just my opinion) to get HC experience so he could take over the UVA job whenever it opened up.

Spiderbone
December 15th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I hate to say this but London was only at Richmond (just my opinion) to get HC experience so he could take over the UVA job whenever it opened up.

As much as I hate to admit, I agree. We knew he was gone, we just were a little pissed at the way he handled it, signingxsmhx the UVA contract within 12 hours of the loss to APPY. I think a lot of us wished he had handled it a little better.

ur2k
December 15th, 2009, 08:35 AM

Probably but he did leave behind the National Championship trophy that he won - I would say the 2 year gig was worth it.

mountaineer_dax
December 15th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Probably but he did leave behind the National Championship trophy that he won - I would say the 2 year gig was worth it.

I still don't understand how you guys couldn't get more fans to that game against us.

ur2k
December 15th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I still don't understand how you guys couldn't get more fans to that game against us.

You and me both Dax. I think we had our core group of fans there. The 'casual' observer didn't come out b/c of the weather.

mountaineer_dax
December 15th, 2009, 08:43 AM
You and me both Dax. I think we had our core group of fans there. The 'casual' observer didn't come out b/c of the weather.

I did enjoy my time in Richmond though. The fans that i met were very nice. Save a few drunken ones who enjoyed talking crap. But that is the case anywhere you go.

I'm sure Richmond will be back to their former glory in the next couple of years. The new facility will add to that.

ThompsonThe
December 15th, 2009, 09:41 AM
It seemed that UR had more fans in Boone the two games there in the playoffs that they did a couple of weeks ago. The weather must have played into the scenario a lot.

Sounds as if you have a really good prospect of a coach coming in, maybe. Would always want to take a chance with a younger coach with a great football mind.

Just tell him he has to win the NC the first year or he is lagging behind other UR coaches.

ur2k
December 15th, 2009, 10:23 AM
It seemed that UR had more fans in Boone the two games there in the playoffs that they did a couple of weeks ago. The weather must have played into the scenario a lot.

Sounds as if you have a really good prospect of a coach coming in, maybe. Would always want to take a chance with a younger coach with a great football mind.

Just tell him he has to win the NC the first year or he is lagging behind other UR coaches.

Now, we all know that is not true.

uofmman1122
December 15th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Seems like he kind of pulled a Joe Glenn.

Wins the chipper, loses early in the playoffs the next year and bolts.

Eight Legger
December 15th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't call losing in the second round "early" in the playoffs. First round, yes. When you're one of the last 8 standing, that's not early to me.

uofmman1122
December 15th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't call losing in the second round "early" in the playoffs. First round, yes. When you're one of the last 8 standing, that's not early to me.I meant it in comparison to the championship. Second round is earlier than the chipper.

Spiderbone
December 15th, 2009, 12:44 PM

Nice!!! great comedyxthumbsupx