PDA

View Full Version : Grambling Looks to "Bolster" Schedule

TexasTerror
December 24th, 2005, 10:08 AM
NC A&T went 3-8 this past year including a loss to a Div II and 3-8 in 2004. They were 10-2 in 2003 and 4-8 with a Div II loss in 2002. Not sure how this equates to an upgrade or playing a "power", but it would be a I-AA game. It's always so tough to schedule late in the year, especially an out of conference game.

Best of luck to Grambling, atleast playing a I-AA for one of your two non-conference games is better than a sub Div I foe. Is there a history of Classics taking place in Phoenix or Arizona?
--------
Grambling works to upgrade late game
12/23/2005, 4:29 p.m. CT
The Associated Press

GRAMBLING, La. (AP) — Grambling State hopes to upgrade its opponent for the final regular season game and boost attendance at the same time.

The game, which falls just before the Bayou Classic bye week, has been tough to schedule. Most prospective opponents have entered their conference schedule by late November, leading to lightly attended matchups for Grambling against independents like Savannah State, the now-defunct Morris Brown and fledgling Concordia College. Crowds for this date over the past five seasons have averaged a paltry 5,600.

So Grambling entered talks with traditional black college power North Carolina A&T about a possible neutral-site classic game.