PDA

View Full Version : To the App St Mountaineers

GrizzlyBill
December 12th, 2009, 10:26 PM
I feel a lot of love and respect for you guys tonight,
and a lot of pride in my guys.

We won. We were better under these conditions, this time, and Lady luck was on our side today.

You came into our house, and you almost beat us.
I knew Edwards was going to march you guys right down our field that last 90 seconds, and keep alive your chance to win the game.

However, during the game our secondary separated your receivers from several passes, and we hurried AE enough times to cause just enough incompletions.

But—We can look forward to the rematch! In 2011 (I think) the Griz come to YOUR house (I think) for the opener of a home and home.

Herein folks, we have unfolding before us, being performed for us, some of the purest essence of college football excellence. The Griz may have won the score and the game and the right to move on to play for the Chip, but the Mountaineers didn't lose any honor today.

If App had won the game, made the play, there when they had first and goal with 6 sec on the clock, I would have felt disappointed, but proud of playing a hell of a game and getting beat by a worthy opponent.

See you guys again, if not in next year's playoffs, then in 2011.

GO GRIZ

paul1978
December 12th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Great game App St. You are a great team and program that have great fans to follow you so far. Thanks for the greatest Griz game I have ever seen.

ezgriz51
December 13th, 2009, 12:08 AM
I was at the game in 2000. I've listened to the comments about the Griz having a weak schedule every year, the Big Fluffy, etc. I've also seen the respect Montana and App State have for each other. Today was the BEST game I've attended in my life. The Beast from the East vs the Best From the West. When the Griz scored with 1:31 left, I told my buddy it was too much time. I fully expected AE to do it again. We won, but the nation saw a game. WOW...what a game. Thank you APPY...I have been, and will be a fan forever.

chattanoogamocs
December 13th, 2009, 12:21 AM
I was really, really hoping it would go into OT

...mainly because I just didn't want that game to end

...but also, just to freak out ESPN and hopefully delay their beloved Heisman Trophy telecast

(knowing ESPN, they would have switched over and told FCS fans to go to ESPN360.com to watch the conclusion).

WOW...the Armanti Edwards era of college football is now over...I would actually be sad if my alma mater hadn't been at the tail kicking end of numerous AE beatings. :) Much respect to AE and ASU.

Congrats to Montana...my aunt and uncle live in Missoula and have season tickets...so I am a closet fan. Now I just ask that y'all bring a ton of fans down to Chattanooga this week...and spend some money!

Grizaholic17
December 13th, 2009, 01:18 AM
As all of us posters browse the forums...let us remember the GOOD THREADS and not those other insignificant ones inflated by the egos of mindless fools who live off of Griz success to make up for their lack thereof.

:peace:

Wildcat80
December 13th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Hope you guys landed safely back in Boone. Now we will see what life without AE is like.

SpeedkingATL
December 13th, 2009, 04:37 AM
One of the best college football games one will ever see or experience. Congrats to the Griz and best of luck with Nova in Chatty. I will likely drive up from ATL to cheer for the Griz on Friday.

Well played!

Saint3333
December 13th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Congrats to the Griz, great team and great game as expected. Sorry to see ASU come up just short, lots of ifs and buts, but every FCS champion in the past has the ball bounce their way.

I wish we could line up and play it again, see you guys in 2011.

GrizFamily
December 13th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Congrats to App State. Great program all the way around. And it was a pleasure to watch your team play especially Armanti. Every App State fan I met was top shelf. You have earned my respect and based on the postings from most Griz fans you have earned our respect. Would have gladly rooted for you in Chatty next week, and I expect we will see lots of App State fans rooting for us on Friday.

PapaBear
December 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
My hats off to both teams. I watched this one from cover to cover and I have to say it was the kind of game that DEFINES my love for college football. Two teams knocking the living dogcrap out of each other ... battling brutal elements ... running ... passing ... great defense ... multiple lead changes ... everything on the line ... a great last-minute drive ... packed stadium ... game never decided until the final play ...

Are you kidding me? It was a privilege just to WATCH that thing. I was literally sitting on the edge of my couch cushion staring at the TV for the entire 4th quarter. I don't even know if I blinked.

All I can hope for, now, is that the Griz have left it all on the field for the past two weeks, so the CAA can prevail in the final.xsmiley_wix

But if that doesn't happen, I'll still be compelled to congratulate Montana on a great season and on really bringing it in the playoffs. You guys deserve to be where you are.xbowx

GrizzlyBill
December 13th, 2009, 11:06 AM
My hats off to both teams. I watched this one from cover to cover and I have to say it was the kind of game that DEFINES my love for college football. Two teams knocking the living dogcrap out of each other ... battling brutal elements ... running ... passing ... great defense ... multiple lead changes ... everything on the line ... a great last-minute drive ... packed stadium ... game never decided until the final play ...

Are you kidding me? It was a privilege just to WATCH that thing. I was literally sitting on the edge of my couch cushion staring at the TV for the entire 4th quarter. I don't even know if I blinked.

All I can hope for, now, is that the Griz have left it all on the field for the past two weeks, so the CAA can prevail in the final.xsmiley_wix

But if that doesn't happen, I'll still be compelled to congratulate Montana on a great season and on really bringing it in the playoffs. You guys deserve to be where you are.xbowx

Thanks Papabear,
Your post makes me wonder what kind of ratings ESPN had for the game. Seems like there may have been a lot of FCS fans watching.

WVAPPmountaineer
December 13th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Hope you guys landed safely back in Boone. Now we will see what life without AE is like.

Well you don't replace the best player in history but just to remind all of you - we won the 1st of our back to back to back when Armanti was a high school senior ----

BarefootApp
December 13th, 2009, 11:20 AM
We'll be fine (11 starters were either freshmen or sophomores), but it won't be the same, that's for sure.

AppMAN04
December 13th, 2009, 11:51 AM
WOW!! An amazing game by both teams!! You guys were the best team today and my hats are off to you guys also.... I would have loved to see AE play in another chamionship and possibly win....Great Game and cant wait for you guys to come to Boone in a couple of years!!

rudy1648
December 13th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I hate we (ASU) lost, but while I was watching the game, I was thinking,,,what a difference in atmosphere between this game and a bowl game. Our game, you lose you go home with nothing but respect. A bowl game "loser" goes home with couple million dollars no matter how they played. This was how a college football game should be. No freshman or sophomore players trying to catch the eye of the pros in hopes of leaving for a fat contract. this is how college games should be.

3PeatNation
December 13th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Man what a game this was for both teams, for app its been down to the wire for every playoff game and intensified every week until we met Montana and i knew this was going to be a great game and indeed was, what a pleasure to watch this game and even though we lost it was a great experience, good luck griz

Zangzigger
December 13th, 2009, 01:24 PM
That was a truly great game by both teams. I don't know what the ratings were but I'm sure people tuned in early for the Heisman and saw a classic finish

3PeatNation
December 13th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I hate we (ASU) lost, but while I was watching the game, I was thinking,,,what a difference in atmosphere between this game and a bowl game. Our game, you lose you go home with nothing but respect. A bowl game "loser" goes home with couple million dollars no matter how they played. This was how a college football game should be. No freshman or sophomore players trying to catch the eye of the pros in hopes of leaving for a fat contract. this is how college games should be. Theres no doubt about that this is what college football is and i really hope FBS football stays the way it is because its what separates the great football from the not so great and although they may have better athletes, coachs, and fans the true meaning of college football is the game and how its played and decided on the field

MasonJar
December 13th, 2009, 02:18 PM

Ummmmm, yeah... Thanks for the backhand. xrolleyesx

However, better, worse or more of the same... The game rolls on and here's to next season! xthumbsupx

Go Griz! On to the next round! xspankx

rancher griz
December 13th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Really close game and very closely matched teams. I think if that game is played 10 times on a neutral field each team would win 5. It's what makes great games. Nobody knew the outcome until the very final play. More impressively, was the physicalness of the game. Was a very physical, hard hitting game, yet clean and respectable. It's the way collegiate football should be played.

App St. has gotten to the point in their program where they have a great depth of talent and will be able to reload. It has become a desirable place for recruits to play. I remember when we graduated Dave Dickenson and I was nervous to see if our program wouldn't regress a bit. Fortunatly, we were able to build on our sucess and make it back to the title game under a new QB and grow the program even further. I see App St. in a similar position where you are losing maybe the best player in your school's history. If done correctly, programs build on sucess. App St. has done a good job in vamping up its program to ensure that there will be no regression, but likely improvement and growth. Good luck App St. you have a classy program, please keep it that way.

MightyMightyGriz
December 14th, 2009, 02:33 PM
To be painfully honest I was not a APP STATE fan by any means. I guess out of fear of what AE was capable of doing and possibly doing to our team. OMG, Selle and AE were spectacular and every aspect of that game left an impression of respect for that APP Program and its fans. I have never been more proud to be a fan of college football and these two programs. Cheers to the best game I have ever watched. GO GRIZ!

When #17 of APP STATE took that smashing hit and moments later was able to stand up and walk to his sideline and griz nation gave him that standing ovation, even I stood up in my living room and clapped for him I was so caught up in the moment. WOW what an athlete.

Go Griz beat NOVA!!!!!!

Crackgina
December 14th, 2009, 04:43 PM
....stood up in my living room? Hope it wasn't too cold for you. I'm sure you got the same experience we did in the stadium. Sheesh buddy it wasn't even sold out. :)

BarefootApp
December 14th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks Mighty...nice post. Just proves real fans can also be at home if need be.

AppStsGr8
December 16th, 2009, 03:08 PM
That was some kinda game! Sure, I wanted App to win. Now I'll be pulling for Montana on Friday. Our upcoming home and home will be awesome!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 16th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I don't know if I have been able to properly say congrats to ASU, I've been so busy this week getting ready to go to Chatty. Great season, great game, great players and great fans. I couldn't have asked for a better game and wish you all the best until we play you again. xthumbsupxxpeacex