PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU ARMANTI EDWARDS!

AppStateSVX
December 12th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I remember the very first play he went in for App against JMU.

it has been a pleasure watching you lead the Mountaineers over the last 4 years.

APPS
December 12th, 2009, 06:51 PM
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Sam Minuteman
Well right now I'm thankful he is moving on. I hope he does well at the next level, he was great for FCS!

gbhmt
He was a treat to watch. Scared *****less every snap I was.

BEAR
December 12th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Excellent career! Good luck with the pros! xthumbsupx
When will we know his final stats?

.........and it had to end sometime. :)

mtbigdog
December 12th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Glad I got a chance to watch this young athlete play.He truly is a gifted person.Good luck wherever your path takes you.

Block-A
December 12th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Hate to say it, but App'll never be the same.

Skjellyfetti
That's what makes this loss hurt so bad...

I can deal with losing a playoff game... but, I'm going to miss Armanti. He played some of the most amazing football games I've ever seen.

UMass922
Superb career. He represented FCS well. xbowx

BarefootApp
December 12th, 2009, 06:55 PM
It was an honor.

T-Dog
December 12th, 2009, 06:56 PM
And he graduates on Sunday after only 3 1/2 years. The personification of a student athlete.

AshevilleApp
December 12th, 2009, 06:56 PM
AMEN...hopefully some pro team takes a flier on him...I think he could help a NFL team in some fashion

biggie
December 12th, 2009, 06:58 PM
That's what makes this loss hurt so bad...

I can deal with losing a playoff game... but, I'm going to miss Armanti. He played some of the most amazing football games I've ever seen.
Si.

Shellin
December 12th, 2009, 07:00 PM
It was great getting to watch him, I think I can echo every Griz fan when I saw 1:31 on the clock and thought that was too much time for Armanti.

CrackerRiley
December 12th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I didnt think we would recover after Richie, so maybe we will improve after Armanti.... Once again... I love Appalachian football no matter what.

AppIAA
December 12th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Thing that hurts is AE threw perfect passes.. its was the recievers that dropped passes..

I will always love AE... hell of a career, hell of a game __ good luck on the next level "superman"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09griz
December 12th, 2009, 07:07 PM
It was an honor to see him in Missoula. Other than in Chatty or in Boone, Missoula is one hell of a stage to hang up the cleats on. Hopefully we see him at the next level.

TokyoGriz
December 12th, 2009, 07:11 PM
AE you are a football stud. Hope you get in the NFL and make something of yourself there.

Milo
December 12th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Class young man....and an incredible QB. Best to you AE!

APPdopted
December 12th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I echo anyone who said it was a pleasure to watch him play. He sold me on the FCS, and I was blessed to see most of his games in person, including Michigan. None of my FBSers believed me when I said App had a realistic chance to beat them. They thought I was crazy. Man I will miss 14. Best player I've ever seen, but an even better person.

whoanellie
December 12th, 2009, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=AppIAA;1495100]Thing that hurts is AE threw perfect passes.. its was the recievers that dropped passes..

amen to that!!!

Appinator
December 12th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I was there on that first Saturday and said, "hey that kid can run better than Elder, let him play!!" vs. NCSU.

I am so sad right now.....

GrizzlyBill
December 12th, 2009, 07:23 PM
WOW! This young man and the Mountaineers were all they were billed to be. This game could have gone either way. My heart was in my throat the last 30 sec. Could he do it two weeks straight? Damn right--if the receiver could hang on.

As the posters above said: It was a real honor to see AE in WaGriz. He sure took some hits. Glad to see him get up each time. GREAT gamer!

ESPN caught a winner this time. Nobody switched channels, I bet.

hApPYaPpYFan
It's been a great ride Armanti, the best of luck to a stellar young man!!!

whoanellie
lousy landscaper, but a true leader and offensive mega threat!

mistersykes
December 12th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I can't believe he's really leaving.xbawlingx It was truly awesome to watch Armanti on the field. Whoever said that App will never be the same is right. I don't know what else to say. Thanks for the memories, AE.xbowx

APPdopted
December 12th, 2009, 07:29 PM
To all of you who keep saying App State will never be the same: I read an article recently where AE was saying that his records and numbers are great, but he hopes someone could come through there again and break them sometime. Talk about Humility.

BEAR
December 12th, 2009, 07:35 PM
There's always somebody better....but will they end up at APP? Maybe...who knows?! But he'll be a tough act to follow for sure! xthumbsupx

Hoyadestroya85
December 12th, 2009, 07:39 PM
What a gamer, he answered every single doubt people had about him. Never would any of the doubters who said he couldn't throw have believed it if they saw his passing stats from this season. To be perfectly honest though App fans, I think you'll be ok, you might just graduate to another national championship winning QB (whoever that may be.) After Richie graduated I'm sure that there were some people who thought that you wouldn't be able to replace him, yet App was able to replace Richie with one of the greatest college football players of all time. It's been amazing to follow Armanti Edwards for the past four years and I hope he's able to stick in the league (I think he will, he's simply a winner) if he doesn't, he'll sign a cushy contract and run and pass the ball all over the field north of the border. Regardless, he seems like a bright guy who has a future even if it isn't in football (graduating from college in 3.5 years is ridiculous.) Cheers to AE, What a Steal for ASU!

LehighFan11
December 12th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Congrats to Armanti on an amazing FCS career. He was a true winner and you knew App still had a chance as long as Armanti had the ball in his hands. He transformed FCS football with the win @ Michigan. Best of luck in the NFL, your welcome on my team any day.

KiddBrewer
December 12th, 2009, 07:44 PM
every fan, from every fcs school, owes armanti edwards

ASU Tailgaiteer
December 12th, 2009, 08:23 PM
AE was the perfect mix of heart, talent and decision making. Even down to the last play, he found a way to give his team a chance.

and to compete with such class. All good things must come to an end, I'm glad we got the win at Richmond (in classic AE style) so we could enjoy one final game!

BearIt
December 12th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Edwards is a fantastic player, FCS was privilaged to have him among their ranks. I'm thankful Montana came away with the win, but after we scored the final TD all that was in my mind was that 1:30 is an eternity for Edwards. It was soooo close.

Hopefully he gets a shot at the next level.

I'm glad I got to watch him go head to head vs. my team. It was a real treat! Congrats App. State on a great season. I have to say I'm definately a fan of your program.

Tod
December 12th, 2009, 08:32 PM
It was great getting to watch him, I think I can echo every Griz fan when I saw 1:31 on the clock and thought that was too much time for Armanti.

You certainly speak for me!

Armanti!!!!!!

xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx xbowxxbowx

Best of luck, hope to see your name a lot in the NFL. Hope you go to my Vikings!!

Tod
December 12th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Edwards is a fantastic player, FCS was privilaged to have him among their ranks. I'm thankful Montana came away with the win, but after we scored the final TD all that was in my mind was that 1:30 is an eternity for Edwards. It was soooo close.

Hopefully he gets a shot at the next level.

I'm glad I got to watch him go head to head vs. my team. It was a real treat! Congrats App. State on a great season. I have to say I'm definately a fan of your program.

Absolutely! That was huge from a Griz perspective. I love that we got to have Armanti and the entire ASU team play here.

uofmman1122
December 12th, 2009, 08:41 PM
I've never seen a quarterback so calm given the situation.

I'm officially a believer!

Edwards will forever be enshrined in FCS lore!

It was an honor to see him play at WGS!

maroon
December 12th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I hope Armanti wins the Payton Award. I haven't seen the others play but I can't imagine them being better than AE.

HiHiYikas
December 12th, 2009, 08:59 PM
14,753 career yards. Only Steve McNair is ahead of him.

74 passing and 65 rushing touchdowns.

A couple of perfect, game-saving throws with less than 10 seconds on the clock in Missoula. Too bad they weren't caught.

Quite a career.

As I've been saying, "Someday, my grandkids will ask 'why does grandpa bring up Armanti Edwards every time we watch football?'"

YOsef
December 12th, 2009, 09:04 PM
congrats Armanti on a great career. I will never forget the way you strectched out for every extra yard you could get. I wish you the best of luck in your career.

spdram
December 12th, 2009, 09:06 PM
It's been fun watching Armanti over these last four years, he is one great player. Best of luck to Armanti in the future, hope you get a chance to play at the next level.

asknoquarter21
December 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I know I will be a fan of whatever team drafts him.

Unless of course it is the cowboys, that would be the worst thing that could happen

gbhmt
December 12th, 2009, 09:28 PM

Unless of course it is the cowboys, that would be the worst thing that could happen

You mean the BEST thing! :D:D:D

GreatAppSt
December 12th, 2009, 09:49 PM
xbowxxbowxxbowxThank you Armantixbowxxbowxxbowx

GAS

clintc
December 12th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Thank you ARMANTI................ Perfect example of a Student-Athlete.. Graduating in 3 1/2 years .......... CLass Act all around. Will be engrained in the ASU Lore............

FCS Go!
December 12th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Great game today and great career! xbowx

Touchdown Yosef
December 12th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Someone said it earlier but it is just that much more painful that his last pass was perfect and was dropped. He had a chance to tie it and did all he could, that is hard to swallow.

It was a privilege to watch him play, his days at my beloved alma mater will always be cherished and thought of often. Its hard to imagine a better career. He did everything, did it perfectly, and did it with class. Saying he will be missed does not do it justice, but goodbye, good luck and most of all thank you.

Skjellyfetti
December 12th, 2009, 10:44 PM

I've never had an NFL team. The pro's has always been something to kill time on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I've always been all about college football.

Whoever (and someone damn well better) drafts AE will be my team! xnodx

back2back
December 12th, 2009, 10:48 PM
THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Zangzigger
December 12th, 2009, 11:05 PM
He was a great player. From a national perspective, he'll be remembered for the Michigan game more than the national championships

GeeWiz
December 12th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Despite the tough loss ASU has been great champions and have been a joy to watch the last four years!

Armanti Edwards is really fun to watch! Best of luck to him at the next level.

Jerry Moore has built a solid program that will continue to compete for FCS titles.

paul1978
December 12th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Thanks App St and thank you AE. It was a treat to be able to see you play. I read the hype and now I'm a believer. You are a great player. I'm looking forward to seeing you play at the next level.

HenZoneNation
December 12th, 2009, 11:42 PM
It was a great 4 years and one that in the FCS ranks will go down as one of the most special individual efforts ever...the Tim Tebow of the FCS...but it's over and most likely he'll end up in canada...it is what it is...and for APPY fans...it will be a long time before you have a player like that again...but you will...with a coach like Moore...you will...xnodx

I don't think UM has a chance against Nova...but I hope so. Great game guys...shows the BCS what playoff football is all about.

smegriz
December 12th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Half of the talk after the game was talk about how he was definitely the real deal... treat to get to see him play in person, and best of luck to wherever his future takes him!

bunny
December 12th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Armanti Edwards is one of the best football players I've ever seen. I wish him the best of luck in the future, and I hope that he makes it in the pros so that I can draft him on my fantasy team.

theasushow
December 13th, 2009, 01:47 AM
not to turn emotional but reading all this stuff on AE literally gives me a huge lump in my throat....

Green26
December 13th, 2009, 01:51 AM
It was a pleasure--perhaps an honor--to watch Edwards and App St in person. Congrats on a great career and great season.

mrklean
December 13th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Best of luck to you AE. I'm glad we don't have to see you again...lol Now you know how we felt when Jayson Foster left us!

Pards Rule
December 13th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Does anyone have some highlights of him??

SCBluehen
December 13th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Does anyone have some highlights of him??

Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FQQONgG3Y4

xbowxxbowxxbowx

I remember sitting down to watch them play Richmond and pulling for App State because we wanted the team that took down Michigan.

Halfway through, I remember thinking, "We don't want none of that."xeekx

So I started pulling for the Spiders.xlolxxlolx

Being a graduate of Delaware and The Citadel, this day has been a long day coming. xlolx

As for Armanti's future...CANADA?! Why couldn't he be another Randle El in the NFL?

downbythebeach
December 13th, 2009, 07:08 AM
he was great for FCS.........now go out there and do the same in the NFL

fightingphoenix
December 13th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Truly an amazing player and a great leader. I consider myself lucky to see him play in person. Wish him good luck in the NFL and try to stay injury free if possible.

cirnite
December 13th, 2009, 08:51 AM
[B]An ERA ENDS.
ARMANTI EDWARDS - Thank you for 4 years of exciting football. As a fan of football on all levels, you are one of the greatest I've ever seen. As you walk across the stage and collect your diploma today, we should realize you are graduating with not just a degree but the hearts of many Mountaineers. You are a class act and it was my pleasure to have met you.

It's Great to be a Mountaineer!

eaglewraith
December 13th, 2009, 10:23 AM
AE has been a hell of a player that I've loved to hate for the last few years. It's hard to deny he was one of the best that's been in the division, and I can sympathize with App fans and how they feel since GSU went through the same thing when Jayson Foster graduated.

I will tell you one thing....App my have a QB come in and be fantastic, but it's incredibly hard to find someone THAT special again, and it might never happen again.

To AE good luck in the future with whatever you do.....now get the hell out :D

mlbowl
December 13th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Amazing...I'm not even sure that words enough...The kid is truly gifted! I love the way he's not about the flash...it's strictly business with this guyxnodx

paward
December 13th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I recall AE interview after the Michigan game and he simply said:

"They have a name on the back of their jersey just like we do"

Never would anyone have known he was wrong. His name on the back of his jersey has put the FCS in a different light. Others have played before him on the FCS (IAA) level. But none had made the statements on the field as he has. Anyone who had the pleasure to see him play will never forget how he made the difference. All the best to him, it has been a pleasure watching.

smcwildcat
December 13th, 2009, 11:14 AM
amazing athlete and young man some of the things he did was un-real I think app will restore things even tho hes gone but he will be missed...this is kinda sad

mistersykes
December 13th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Woke up this morning hoping last night was a bad dream. Unfortunately not. Superman is really leaving.xbawlingx

State Line Liquors
December 13th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Part of the reason he'll go down as folklore material for many of us is because of the great nature of this playoff system. So many of us have had a team that they've seen play against him. Armanti was just that one piece of the puzzle that changed everything. The butterflies in the stomach you felt knowing how he could beat you in so many different ways, and that you were just never safe if your team was playing against him.

ASU_Fanatic
December 13th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Great player, but FYI he got in the game late against NC State.

3PeatNation
December 13th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I cant believe that Armanti is leaving after all hes been through at App its not gonna be the same. I hope we find the guy for next year or else its going to be a bumpy road

mrklean
December 13th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I cant believe that Armanti is leaving after all hes been through at App its not gonna be the same. I hope we find the guy for next year or else its going to be a bumpy road

Now you know how we felt after Jayson Foster was a Sr.

blueballs
December 13th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Now you know how we felt after Jayson Foster was a Sr.

...and AP, and Ham, and Raymond Gross...

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Even though we won, I'm going to have Armanti Edwards nightmares for a little while.

I'm going to repeat that.

Your quarterback, who we beat, will still give me nightmares.

Seeing him march down the field towards us in the North End Zone nearly made me ***** my pants! xlolx

Armanti is amazing! xbowx

Saint3333
December 13th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Any doubt from the Griz faithful that AE should win the Payton?

I enjoyed every game with AE and look forward to following him professionally.

Poker Alan
December 13th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Even though we won, I'm going to have Armanti Edwards nightmares for a little while.

I'm going to repeat that.

Your quarterback, who we beat, will still give me nightmares.

Seeing him march down the field towards us in the North End Zone nearly made me ***** my pants! xlolx

Armanti is amazing! xbowx

This times 1000... that is where I was sitting, and I was 100% sure we were headed to overtime...

I also echo the sentiments of virtually everyone in this thread, watching him on tv whenever possible the last few seasons, and in person yesterday, I am convinced he can play in some capacity in the NFL. He displayed a poise that cannot be taught, threaded balls in narrow spots, and completed throws AS he was being hit that would have never been completed by an average player. App St fans, you were truly blessed to have such a player, do treasure the memories he created for you.

ChopperTN
December 13th, 2009, 08:39 PM
AE definitely belongs on the Mt. Rushmore of FCS/1-AA football, along with Payton, Rice, and Owens. One of the best ever to play at this level ever.

3PeatNation
December 13th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Man its hard to let go of the best college football player of all time FCS FBS D-II D-III NAIA Pop Warner doesnt matter what type, hes the best and always will be and nows hes moving on to become a great NFL QB, here comes Armanti!

appstate38
December 14th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I'm sure there were a few SoCon coaches at graduation on Sunday to make sure he got his degree.... What a career.

Will be missed!

OL FU
December 14th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Damn, I hate to see him leavexnodx

SideLine Shooter
December 14th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I am thankful to have had the honor and the privilege because of the Appalachian State Athletic Department to photograph every game that Armanti played for the Mountaineers. Sure, this loss is tough. All Mountaineer fans wanted to see Armanti and all the seniors go out on top. This was not to be, but it went down to the final play in maybe the finest FCS venue ever. It was a great game with great fans in attendance.

Thanks again to all the fine folks at ASU.

Good luck Friday to The Grizz. I'll be on the sidelines shooting you and The "V".

Thanks Armanti Edwards and all the ASU Seniors for making my job easy.

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE STADIUM!

Rekdiver
December 14th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Bad news guys....remember this name. Jamal Jackson............RSF........You will get 4 years of him. CoCo Hillary, Devon Moore, Brian Quick and Matt Cline are back....

The big question is the gaps in the o line.

jbrant7
December 14th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I was lucky enough to move to WNC three years ago and became an ASU fan because of Edwards!

What hooked me was he is the consummate student-athlete. I am not sure what is more impressive on-field or off-field (graduation in 3.5 yrs).

With the NFL looking for smart, character players, there better be plenty of pro days in Boone this spring.

Good Luck in the NFL and thanks for some great football.

AshevilleApp2
December 14th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I was lucky enough to move to WNC three years ago and became an ASU fan because of Edwards!

What hooked me was he is the consummate student-athlete. I am not sure what is more impressive on-field or off-field (graduation in 3.5 yrs).

With the NFL looking for smart, character players, there better be plenty of pro days in Boone this spring.

Good Luck in the NFL and thanks for some great football.

Welcome aboard and you are lucky to live in WNC. xnodx

BarefootApp
December 14th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks Shooter. I have posted many of your App photos to my desktop background over the years. What a ride, and next years train is getting ready to pull out of the station. Should be another good one.

Saint3333
December 14th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Bad news guys....remember this name. Jamal Jackson............RSF........You will get 4 years of him. CoCo Hillary, Devon Moore, Brian Quick and Matt Cline are back....

The big question is the gaps in the o line.

ASU only loses 1 o-lineman, with one redshirted last year and 4 BIG boys committed for 2010 the o-line will be stronger next year.

I'm more concerned with the DT (3) lost.

SideLine Shooter
December 14th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks Shooter. I have posted many of your App photos to my desktop background over the years. What a ride, and next years train is getting ready to pull out of the station. Should be another good one.

Amen. I'm already in withdrawal.

Nothing like "MOUNTAINEER FOOTBALL."

94Terrier
December 14th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I had the proviledge of watching AE play a little high school football in Greenwood SC; He won state championships at GHS and was very impressive as a HS quarterback, and when I learned he would be at our conference foe, I knew he would be trouble for us. The progress he showed diring his 4 years at Appy were phenominal. He increased his strength, speed, and agility. I would like to think that many nfl teams would be interested in him, whether at QB or at another position. I wish him well in his future endeavors. (Oh, and thank God he's finally gone. There may be someone waiting in the wings, but whomever it is, he will be no AE!)

srgrizizen
December 14th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I'm envious of ASU students who have been able to watch AE for the past four years. Longtime ASU fans will remember these great years along with some lean ones, but you current students are really fortunate to have had this dimension to your college years. Having seen him in person just once, I would love to see more. xthumbsupx

SCBluehen
December 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM

And you went to Wofford?!xeyebrowx

Skjellyfetti
December 14th, 2009, 02:51 PM

I think that's an old App helmet in his avatar. We had old gold helmets back in the day... actually before Wofford did. They copied us. :p

mistersykes
December 14th, 2009, 03:03 PM

Haha, that was my first thought too.

T-Dog
December 14th, 2009, 03:09 PM
A great sight for the rest of the SoCon

http://www.appfan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/grad.jpg

AppAlum96
December 14th, 2009, 03:14 PM

I know what you mean, but I had to pull for the Cowboys a little bit when Coakley was there.

Crackgina
December 14th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Cowboys are America's Team! You should be proud to cheer for them.

soccerguy315
December 14th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Cowboys are America's Team! You should be proud to cheer for them.

xnonoxxnonoxxnonoxxnonox

go redskins... playing for a good draft pick... xoopsx

SoCon48
December 14th, 2009, 05:08 PM
It's been a great ride Armanti, the best of luck to a stellar young man!!!

And the rest of our team and staff.

GrizNation93
December 14th, 2009, 05:19 PM
It was definitely a pleasure to watch his last game in person!