PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Nova!

spdram
December 11th, 2009, 10:21 PM
on your first trip to the NC -- Good Luck! Bring lots of fans, it'll be a great experience, get a win!

Great season W&M, you played one heck of a game on the road against one tough D and wide open O.

LacesOut
December 11th, 2009, 10:22 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^

Ditto!

Way to go Nova!!

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Congrats, Nova!

Zangzigger
December 11th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Great game tonight. Go represent the CAA!

Wildcat80
December 11th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Hard for me to want either team to win.....but i guess i'm glad nova did......UNH is STILL their only loss!!! Yeah UNH!!!

ngineer
December 11th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Good game tonight. Not pretty, but 'Nova gutted out a win. W&M had a great season and should be proud of the effort. Let's go 'Cats and keep that championship in the East!;)xthumbsupx

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 11th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Hard for me to want either team to win.....but i guess i'm glad nova did......UNH is STILL their only loss!!! Yeah UNH!!!

ditto, ... Congrats, Nova. You probably just beat the 2nd best team in the nation tonight! xthumbsupx

GreatAppSt
December 11th, 2009, 11:42 PM
xbowxxbowxxbowxNovaxbowxxbowxxbowx

SpiderSafety75
December 12th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Congrats to 'Nova. I, too, think you beat one of the top 4 teams, could be anywhere between 2-4. Now finish the job next week.

mistersykes
December 12th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Congrats Wildcats! Nova fans: go to Chatty if you can...it will be an experience of a lifetime.

GoBlueHens83
December 12th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Congrats to Nova xthumbsupx

proasu89
December 12th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Congratulations Villanova! Enjoy the experience and good luck next Friday. However, the next week will seem like an eternity. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2009, 06:50 AM
congrats to Villanova, bring home the crown next week

DTSpider
December 12th, 2009, 07:52 AM
congrats to Villanova, bring home the crown next week

what he said xthumbsupx

ASU_Fanatic
December 12th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Grats, Nova

paward
December 12th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Good game by both teams. Nova you deserve to be there. I will be pulling for you to win it all!

appsfan
December 12th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Congrats Wildcats! Nova fans: go to Chatty if you can...it will be an experience of a lifetime.

What he said- go if you can figure out any way to make it.xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
December 12th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I hope the Beast of the East brings it home next week!xnodx

Proud Griz Man
December 12th, 2009, 10:24 AM
http://media.philly.com/images/20091212_inq_novafb12z-d.JPG

Congratulations to Villanova.

'Nova's 14-13 victory sends the Wildcats into the title game, its first, next Friday night in Chattanooga, Tenn.

"Can you believe it? Villanova's going to play for the national championship," gushed coach Andy Talley, who has been the leader of this program ever since it returned at the FCS level in 1985. "It's actually hard to believe. That was a gutty win for us."

The 'Cats, who trailed, 10-0, at halftime, will now play the winner of this afternoon's Appalachian State (11-2) at Montana (13-0) scrum. They've never met either.

"It's unbelievable that we're finally here," said junior Matt Szczur, who had 154 all-purpose yards. "This was the team I was scared of. I knew how good they were. But we made enough big plays when we had to."

Does it sound like SZCZUR thinks the consolation game is being played today in Missoula? xeyebrowx More CAA attitude ?

UNHFan99
December 12th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I personally do think the National Championship was played last night. No knock against App or Montana. I just feel the top two teams played last night. Congrats to Nova all they need to do is hold it together one more week.

blueballs
December 12th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Congrats to Villanova and William and Mary, you gave the country a great game last night and you are two class programs.

The real NC game will be played in Chatty next weekend and the worst thing 'Nova can do is think it was played last night and exhale. That will get you beat real quick.

Don't underestimate either Montana or especially App if they manage to advance. App's team speed will give 'Nova fits, App is by far the worst matchup 'Nova could draw among all the teams in the tourney and they will always (at least for the next two games if they make it) have the best player on the field which is huge.

jmufan999
December 12th, 2009, 10:45 AM
FINISH THE JOB, NOVA. FINISH.

great game last night. people that are discounting W&M and/or Nova don't really appreciate fantastic defense. #1 in the country vs. #3. beautiful.

mtmike
December 12th, 2009, 11:12 AM
It's easy to think you've won the national championship already, especially when you look at the intricate explosive offenses that were on display last night. You've got this one in the bag.

phoenixphanatic21
December 12th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Question for Nova fans: Would you rather face Montana or App in the championship game?

Anovafan
December 12th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Both teams pose different problems. Montana's passing game vs. Armanti's versatility. Having faced Pat White and Noel Devine from WVU last year, I think Nova's D would match up Ok against Armanti. Armanti is still the best player in FCS so he will have his day, but Montana's passing game probably would cause more fits for the Nova D. I don't think either defense is as good as W&M or Richmond and Nova's offense will be able to put up some points next week. That all being said, I would rather face Montana.

ur2k
December 12th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Question for Nova fans: Would you rather face Montana or App in the championship game?

No offense to Montana, but you'd rather face them than App and AE. That offense can do so much, its downright scary.

Proud Griz Man
December 12th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Both teams pose different problems. Montana's passing game vs. Armanti's versatility. Having faced Pat White and Noel Devine from WVU last year, I think Nova's D would match up Ok against Armanti. Armanti is still the best player in FCS so he will have his day, but Montana's passing game probably would cause more fits for the Nova D. I don't think either defense is as good as W&M or Richmond and Nova's offense will be able to put up some points next week. That all being said, I would rather face Montana.

xcoffeexxreadxxcoolx

I saw that quote, and knew it was just the item I needed to "smoke you CAA-superiority guys out". xrotatehx

Proud Griz Man
December 12th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I personally do think the National Championship was played last night. No knock against App or Montana. I just feel the top two teams played last night. Congrats to Nova all they need to do is hold it together one more week.

Then 'Nova can probably send their Frosh and Sophomores next week, and let the upperclassmen stay home and plan the parade. xrolleyesx

Hoyadestroya85
December 12th, 2009, 11:38 AM

To be honest.. I haven't seen enough of either team to know.. From what I've seen based on Stats, I think Villanova's offense matches up better with App's defense but it's really hard to tell who our defense matches up against.. Some very good quarterbacks (Flacco, Devlin) have fits with our defense but some others pick it apart. I'll know better after the game today. If AE is 75% or less for the NC game, I'd rather face App St. but otherwise, probably Montana.

LacesOut
December 12th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Then 'Nova can probably send their Frosh and Sophomores next week, and let the upperclassmen stay home and plan the parade. xrolleyesx

And you guys probably thought you would beat up on Richmond last year too, huh? LOL

(no threadjack here, as this is a 'Congrats to Nova' thread)

DTSpider
December 12th, 2009, 11:40 AM
No offense to Montana, as I just don't know as much about their team, but App State is really scary good. The only time this whole year like I felt that UR's defense was overmatched. I'll be pulling for Nova, but the National Title game will be harder than the semis. W&M is a very very good team, but from the two games I saw, I thought that ASU was just better.

LeadBolt
December 12th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Congratulations to Villanova on a great win!

You have the best FCS team imo, but don't relax because either of the others can beat you, if you do.

We will be rooting for you next weekend to quietly show the blowhards that games are won on the field not in the stands or on the blogs.

McNeese_beat
December 14th, 2009, 12:33 AM
I see a sense on this thread that the eastern folks still think it's the 1990s in the Big Sky with a couple of people saying Montana could pose a problem with its passing game. To me, Montana in the last few years has had one of the most physical offensive lines in the country. Up front they go 6-7, 315; 6-7, 305; 6-2, 282; 6-7, 320 and 6-8, 297. They can not only block you, they can outrebound you, ha. Behind them, Reynolds is a solid runner who put up 198 yards on Appalachian State.

I don't know who's going to win this game. Both are great teams. I just find it's absurd that the Big Sky still gets painted as a "finesse" league with passing teams. This is the league that has in recent years produced players like Kroy Bierman and Jared Allen and the talent they bring in the trenches to me overshadows what I've seen from them, as a league, at the skill positions.

GolfingGriz
December 14th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I see a sense on this thread that the eastern folks still think it's the 1990s in the Big Sky with a couple of people saying Montana could pose a problem with its passing game. To me, Montana in the last few years has had one of the most physical offensive lines in the country. Up front they go 6-7, 315; 6-7, 305; 6-2, 282; 6-7, 320 and 6-8, 297. They can not only block you, they can outrebound you, ha. Behind them, Reynolds is a solid runner who put up 198 yards on Appalachian State.

I don't know who's going to win this game. Both are great teams. I just find it's absurd that the Big Sky still gets painted as a "finesse" league with passing teams. This is the league that has in recent years produced players like Kroy Bierman and Jared Allen and the talent they bring in the trenches to me overshadows what I've seen from them, as a league, at the skill positions.

Yep. Hauck's teams will kick your @ss for three quarters and see if you have enough left to beat them in the forth. So far only one team has been in the last year and a half. I think App. State will agree that they didn't play a harder hitting team all year. When most people think of the Big Sky they imagine a seven on seven drill. When you play Montana you better be ready for a street fight. Our guys will hit you on the chin for 60 minutes and its not just defense. Watch how Chase Reynolds and Thomas Brooks-Fletcher finish runs. Maybe KPAX(our local news station) can put together a video of our player's biggest hits.

jlcharles
December 14th, 2009, 11:52 AM

Does it sound like SZCZUR thinks the consolation game is being played today in Missoula? xeyebrowx More CAA attitude ?

You Montana fans really are a sensitive bunch. Do you think it has something to do with already playing W&M once and knowing the team? xeyebrowx

jmufan999
December 14th, 2009, 02:42 PM

once again (and for the trillionth time)....

if the CAA isn't the best conference, who is and why? best conference = conference depth (meaning, App State doesn't make the SoCon great, it makes App State great) = 4 different teams with national title WINS since 1998... going for 5 on friday. non-CAA fans love to rip the CAA, but we rarely hear any arguments for a different conference. i mean, we don't totally CARE all that much, because the committee knows what's going on, which is why we have 5,5, and 4 teams in the past 3 years.... but it's still annoying because no one ever provides a logical counter-argument.

jmufan999
December 14th, 2009, 02:46 PM
oh and by the way, even if the Griz win friday, we still have the best conference. why, you ask? same argument that i made for App State/SoCon. both teams DOMINATE their conferences, but how many different teams within the conference are relevant?

a Montana win Friday will be impressive, but it won't say anything for the Big Sky. if we get our FREAKING FIFTH national title since 1998, ALL by different schools, then i REAAAAALLLLLLY want to hear the "CAA is overrated" arguments again. gets funnier and funnier each year.

jmufan999
December 14th, 2009, 02:48 PM
oh and also, it'll be the 4th different CAA South team to win it all since 2003.

GolfingGriz
December 14th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I've said it before and will say it again. Yes the CAA is the best overall conference and has done an excellent job of producing one and done teams.

Mattymc727
December 14th, 2009, 05:09 PM
I've said it before and will say it again. Yes the CAA is the best overall conference and has done an excellent job of producing one and done teams.

Its one and done because of level of competition, Most of these same teams make the playoffs every year or so anyway

Wildcat80
December 14th, 2009, 05:22 PM
oh and also, it'll be the 4th different CAA South team to win it all since 2003.

Just to clarify the "south" label means little when discussing either nova or delaware.......they are both NORTHERN teams by both geography & players. the division they are in does not give them any similarities to Va teams. That's why they play other North teams OOC like Penn, Temple, West Chester, & Lehigh.:D

...and I'm still of the opinion that Montana is the best team I've seen.xthumbsupx

dsbsh
December 14th, 2009, 08:10 PM
I blocked out Friday's game for a few days... helps that my adopted team won the D2 title on Saturday. In any event, belated congratulations to Nova. I was worried the Tribe wouldn't have quite enough offense if Nova hit a couple of big plays. I have no idea what will happen in the title game, but I'll be pulling for y'all.

GRIZCLAW
December 14th, 2009, 08:35 PM
oh and by the way, even if the Griz win friday, we still have the best conference. why, you ask? same argument that i made for App State/SoCon. both teams DOMINATE their conferences, but how many different teams within the conference are relevant?

a Montana win Friday will be impressive, but it won't say anything for the Big Sky. if we get our FREAKING FIFTH national title since 1998, ALL by different schools, then i REAAAAALLLLLLY want to hear the "CAA is overrated" arguments again. gets funnier and funnier each year.

And your point is? First, congrats to Nova, we look forward to playing you in the Chipper. Just exactly what difference does it make that the CAA or the Big Sky is the better conference? Last time I checked it was Nova vs. Montana, not CAA vs. Big Sky. You may have the best conference, but Montana beat JMU at your house last year when you were #1. Seems like we settled that discussion last year on the field. So, let's just leave the discussion to the teams that ARE playing in the chipper....I'm just saying....no offense. xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Madisonian
December 14th, 2009, 08:47 PM
And your point is? First, congrats to Nova, we look forward to playing you in the Chipper. Just exactly what difference does it make that the CAA or the Big Sky is the better conference? Last time I checked it was Nova vs. Montana, not CAA vs. Big Sky. You may have the best conference, but Montana beat JMU at your house last year when you were #1. Seems like we settled that discussion last year on the field. So, let's just leave the discussion to the teams that ARE playing in the chipper....I'm just saying....no offense. xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Save it for the smack thread, claw. But since you've decided to go there... we raised that trophy back in 2004, so the argument continues.

GRIZCLAW
December 14th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Save it for the smack thread, claw. But since you've decided to go there... we raised that trophy back in 2004, so the argument continues.

You gotta be kidding me. It's OK for you, but when I raise a legitimate comment, it's smack. OK, tough guy. Play time is over, now go to bed.

Madisonian
December 14th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Don't hate. By the way, where's the smack? I simply stated a fact, a rational argument. You brought the JMU discussion on board, and don't see the legitamacy of the comment. By the way welcome to the boards.

GRIZCLAW
December 14th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Don't hate. By the way, where's the smack? I simply stated a fact, a rational argument. You brought the JMU discussion on board, and don't see the legitamacy of the comment. By the way welcome to the boards.

Nice retort. For Madisonman, that means "response". I'm simply stating fact. . . who beat JMU in the semi-finals last year at their place, and who is not playing the "national championship" this year. You've lost, trust me, give it up. Again, congrats to Nova, the real topic on this thread, not JMU.xcoffeexxcoffeex

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 14th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Congrats to NOVA.........I'm really pulling for you and hope you can bring home the hardware to the CAA!!!!

Madisonian
December 14th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Nice retort. For Madisonman, that means "response". I'm simply stating fact. . . who beat JMU in the semi-finals last year at their place, and who is not playing the "national championship" this year. You've lost, trust me, give it up. Again, congrats to Nova, the real topic on this thread, not JMU.xcoffeexxcoffeex

You're the one that brought up JMU in the first place. You've won nothing, you just hopped on the bandwagon of the Buffalo Bills of the FCS. -Good enough to get there, but just never able to get past those infernal Cowboys. xsmiley_wix