PDA

View Full Version : ASU's Tanyi Out

AppMan
December 10th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Possible torn MCL in a non contact punt drill right before the end of practice today.

AppAlum2003
December 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM
He's had a great season so far this year - he's given some QBs nightmares.

This sucks.

tractorapp
December 10th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Wonder if we will blitz more. Hope LT is ok and fully recovers.

Skjellyfetti
December 10th, 2009, 09:03 PM
This sucks.

I think Demery Brewer can play well... I'd just worry about his size and giving up almost 100 pounds. I'd expect to see a lot of Montana running right at him Saturday... need some guys to STEP UP.

BEAT MONTANA!!!

Reign of Terrier
December 10th, 2009, 09:12 PM
is he an end? I tore my MCL practicing at end (tackle pile fell on the side of my leg while getting containment)

griz&beer
December 10th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I am sorry to hear that I wish the kid well.

AppAlum2003
December 10th, 2009, 09:13 PM
is he an end? I tore my MCL practicing at end (tackle pile fell on the side of my leg while getting containment)

Yes, starting Left DE - speed, speed, speed.

This sucks.

Reign of Terrier
December 10th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Yes, starting Left DE - speed, speed, speed.

This sucks.

if it wasn't special teams I would have guessed he fired off the ball, ball carrier got hit and a one of them standing pile-up ensued until forward progress stopped in which case the pile fell on his leg while at an angle. Not an uncommon Football injury

argh!
December 10th, 2009, 09:52 PM
someone will step up. its app state, not sfa.

GreatAppSt
December 10th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Dang it!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 10th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I am sorry to hear that I wish the kid well.

+1

I don't like hearing about players getting hurt, I know it's part of the game, but it still sucks for these young men. I wish him a speedy recovery.

theasushow
December 10th, 2009, 10:36 PM
xdohx

Crackgina
December 10th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I didn't see that anywhere else on the web. Are you sure you aren't trying to bait us? Luckily our coaches don't go to AGS when prepping for a game. ????

Skjellyfetti
December 10th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I think it's still rumor status... but, AppMan is usually (always?) right.

AppStsGr8
December 11th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Nooooooooo! He's been great fun to watch play. What a heart! Good luck on the rehab.

grizzpaw
December 11th, 2009, 07:09 AM
if true this is sad good luck to him in rehab!

Torgo
December 11th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Ouch, that's rough. Here's hoping he's able to make a full recovery.

AppAlum2003
December 11th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Dang it!

Yeah, but isn't Montana still... something?

paul1978
December 11th, 2009, 07:30 AM
I hope it’s not true. Does he have anymore year of eligibility?

jmufan999
December 11th, 2009, 08:00 AM
http://football.calsci.com/Knees.html

and the key part...

"MCL injuries are moderately common in football. Usually the player can continue playing, perhaps with a brace. The MCL is not critical to knee stability in most football situations."

i'm not trying to give false hope to any app fans, but MAYBE he'll be able to play...? if not, maybe he can play for the NC game if you get there.

biggie
December 11th, 2009, 08:05 AM
I hope it’s not true. Does he have anymore year of eligibility?

He has 2 more years, he's a Soph.

Rekdiver
December 11th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Well we know where Montana's 1st play is going to be run now............. I don't expect to see any official comments until this afternoon.......

bigappfan10
December 11th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Being on campus, I talked to a student trainer at trivette this morning...he had no idea what I was talking about????

CrackerRiley
December 11th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Being on campus, I talked to a student trainer at trivette this morning...he had no idea what I was talking about????

Interesting... xeyebrowx he may not be in "the know"

Waco Kid
December 11th, 2009, 11:35 AM
It is true boys. Time for Demery to step up and play his best game of the year. Hopefully Roberston can fight through his ankle problems and take make some plays as well.

bigappfan10
December 11th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Well then that just really stinks. How strange that the team's most significant injuries keep happening in practice and not on the field. Stop practicing! Just fly to Montana and play!!!!

AppAlum2003
December 11th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Well then that just really stinks. How strange that the team's most significant injuries keep happening in practice and not on the field. Stop practicing! Just fly to Montana and play!!!!

It's funny, I stopped to talk with Anthony Williams at FanFest two years ago. I said to him "you guys probably appreciate the break from practice - I've heard coach is relentless." He said "you aren't kidding... but, that's why we keep winning - we never stop."

Hoyadestroya85
December 11th, 2009, 01:06 PM
http://football.calsci.com/Knees.html

and the key part...

"MCL injuries are moderately common in football. Usually the player can continue playing, perhaps with a brace. The MCL is not critical to knee stability in most football situations."

i'm not trying to give false hope to any app fans, but MAYBE he'll be able to play...? if not, maybe he can play for the NC game if you get there.

If it is a sprain he may be able to play, but if it's an MCL tear.. then there's no way he'll be able to play on it.

gbhmt
December 11th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Well we know where Montana's 1st play is going to be run now............. I don't expect to see any official comments until this afternoon.......

It was already gonna be.xnodx

Proud Griz Man
December 11th, 2009, 05:37 PM

Might not be so severe, given that he made the trip to MT ?

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Might not be so severe, given that he made the trip to MT ?

It happened right before the end of practice, not long before they left... He made the trip just in case it isnt as bad as initially expected and so they can evaluate it more after the swelling goes down

Since it swelled so quickly though, it is not looking good...

ASU_Fanatic
December 11th, 2009, 08:01 PM
This sucks.

I think Demery Brewer can play well... I'd just worry about his size and giving up almost 100 pounds. I'd expect to see a lot of Montana running right at him Saturday... need some guys to STEP UP.

BEAT MONTANA!!!Demery is my main man! He's from my hometown and I saw him play a countless number of times in HS, so aside of AE he's my favorite player on the team!

appstate38
December 11th, 2009, 09:46 PM
That's it.....NO MORE NON-CONTACT DRILLS FOR THE APPS!!!!! THEY ARE JUST TOO DANGEROUS!