PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown State--Ohio State Working on '07 Matchup

FlyYtown
December 22nd, 2005, 11:03 PM
Was on news tonight and I mean if you live in Youngstown chances are you hear this when you go to a YSU Sporting Event.

Ohio State is open the 13th of October and both Jim Tressel; Former YSU Head Coach and now OSU Head Coach; and OSU AD, forget the name, are both on the record saying a YSU-OSU Matchup is going to happen VERY Soon. Word is 2007 or 2008 and if OSU can't get an Ohio MAC School it will be YSU.

This will be a blowout as is the 2006 Penn State game but boy it will be fun to have the Youngstown crew in Columbus!

Pard4Life
December 22nd, 2005, 11:06 PM
What happened to Slippery Rock?

FlyYtown
December 23rd, 2005, 08:08 AM
What happened to Slippery Rock?
We have two openings in 2006 that are to be home games. As of now THE ROCK is not on the schedule but every year noone wants to come here and are forced to play them; we are also looking for a rather good I-AA Program; like a Montana or Georgia Southern... That probably won't happen. So I do not know what Ron Strollo will do?

Cap'n Cat
December 23rd, 2005, 08:17 AM
So, what's the latest on your MAC quest, FYT?

FlyYtown
December 23rd, 2005, 08:31 AM
So, what's the latest on your MAC quest, FYT?
Further along then UNI will ever be to joining the I-A.

Man c-mon.. Lets just end this FUED We got. Congrats on going to the title and I know we are going to be the top 2 tier of the Gateway with the top 2 qb's. Of course you guys will probably win it like you always do but hope to see you at the Ice Castle in 2006. Hopefully this time a last second flag, a bogus flag that is, to let you rekick a field goal to win won't occur again.

FlyYtown-Hooters Air is coming to town!

Cap'n Cat
December 23rd, 2005, 09:17 AM
Further along then UNI will ever be to joining the I-A.

Man c-mon.. Lets just end this FUED We got. Congrats on going to the title and I know we are going to be the top 2 tier of the Gateway with the top 2 qb's. Of course you guys will probably win it like you always do but hope to see you at the Ice Castle in 2006. Hopefully this time a last second flag, a bogus flag that is, to let you rekick a field goal to win won't occur again.

FlyYtown-Hooters Air is coming to town!

UNI never whined about going to I-A when she missed the playoffs, nor would she.......and I want duely noted.

Weather, ref's, crowds, bad coaching calls, like fumbles, interceptions and blocked punts are all part of the game.

Feud? What feud? Go Pens.

:hurray:

GannonFan
December 23rd, 2005, 09:49 AM
We have two openings in 2006 that are to be home games. As of now THE ROCK is not on the schedule but every year noone wants to come here and are forced to play them; we are also looking for a rather good I-AA Program; like a Montana or Georgia Southern... That probably won't happen. So I do not know what Ron Strollo will do?

Should give UD a call - nothing really open for the next 5-6 years, but UD has played YSU in the past and surely would again. After the Furman series is over in 2009 UD may have an opening. Truth be told, YSU backed out of the last agreement between the two schools so UD isn't necessarily opposed to playing at the Ice Castle. Won there back in '98 or '99 (can't remember which).

FlyYtown
December 23rd, 2005, 10:04 AM
Should give UD a call - nothing really open for the next 5-6 years, but UD has played YSU in the past and surely would again. After the Furman series is over in 2009 UD may have an opening. Truth be told, YSU backed out of the last agreement between the two schools so UD isn't necessarily opposed to playing at the Ice Castle. Won there back in '98 or '99 (can't remember which).
First week is open and so is the 4th week I beleive... I would love to do a home and home with you. If we don't get a first week game it will be Slippery Rock again.

carney2
December 24th, 2005, 09:07 AM
My stomach has been in knots as I tried to hold myself back from responding to this one, but

Hey, Youngstown, before you line up another meaningless pay day, you need to schedule some I-AA teams with winning records and figure out a way to beat one or two of them.

Penguin bashing - it's not a sport. It's a way of life.