PDA

View Full Version : ALABAMA A&M and PRAIRIE VIEW SET FOR FARMER'S INSURANCE SWAC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

bluedog
December 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM
11/26/2009 - Football

The 2009 Farmers Insurance SWAC Football Championship Game matchup is set with the Eastern Division Champion Alabama A&M Bulldogs facing the Prairie View A&M Panthers on December 12 in a rematch of a Nov. 7 matchup won by the Panthers at home, 33-27 read more
(http://www.swac.org/)

Panther88
December 10th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I don't know why you'd waste bandwidth and keystrokes informing on this site. These ppl care for nothing else but their precious "FCS playoffs." xlolx

Everyone of them will be glued to their plasma to watch univ-tx-austin kick Univ of Bama to sleep 1st week Jan and also watch tcu dismantle Boise. And mind you, they "hate" BCS. xbawlingxxlolxxbawlingxxlolxxbawlingx

89Hen
December 10th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I don't know why you'd waste bandwidth and keystrokes informing on this site. These ppl care for nothing else but their precious "FCS playoffs." xlolx
Can't argue with that, but I don't see it as a problem. xcoffeex

MR. CHICKEN
December 10th, 2009, 02:50 PM
A&M...vs...A&M=.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'S!

kdinva
December 10th, 2009, 03:28 PM
A&M...vs...A&M=.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'S!

maybe the winner will play Penn in the "xviolinx" bowl.xrotatehx

hebmskebm
December 10th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Ehh, I'll watch some of the SWAC championship game. If it's a good, competitive game, I'll even toggle channels back and forth for a little while after App/Montana gets underway. Gotta rep FCS. Any estimates on what kind of crowd you guys expect?

SU Jag
December 10th, 2009, 07:12 PM
This is going to be a very good game. AAMU only lost by a few points to PV back in November. This time its for all the marbles and its basically on AAMUs home turf in Birmingham which is basically an AAMU city.

Panther88
December 10th, 2009, 07:28 PM
The game has been terminated due to pending weather so we'll have to find something else to do on that particular day. Guess I'll catch the FCS semi-finals on tv like everyone else.

Thanks for your support and thoughts anyway. We'll try it again next year. :D

State Line Liquors
December 10th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Have they been able to secure any sponsors for the game?

SU Jag
December 10th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Have they been able to secure any sponsors for the game?

Read the title^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^xreadx

State Line Liquors
December 11th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Read the title^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^xreadx

Ah sarcasm. Musta missed it.

crossfire07
December 11th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I don't know why you'd waste bandwidth and keystrokes informing on this site. These ppl care for nothing else but their precious "FCS playoffs."

Those FCS Playoffs are the road to a REAL championship.

CSN-info
December 11th, 2009, 01:43 AM
I don't know why you'd waste bandwidth and keystrokes informing on this site. These ppl care for nothing else but their precious "FCS playoffs."

http://anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67195

bluedog
December 11th, 2009, 09:55 AM

Everyone of them will be glued to their plasma to watch univ-tx-austin kick Univ of Bama to sleep 1st week Jan and also watch tcu dismantle Boise. And mind you, they "hate" BCS. xbawlingxxlolxxbawlingxxlolxxbawlingx

Everybody is free to indulged in ignorance but it doesn't mean that I have to contribute. ;)

WestCoastAggie
December 11th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Everybody is free to indulged in ignorance but it doesn't mean that I have to contribute. ;)

Please enlighten us on the ignorance that is pulled over our eyes.

SU Jag
December 11th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I'm actually in birmingham now for the title game. I'm looking forward to watching pv tommorow. What has happened to their program is a great story for all of college football. I think it tommorow's game will be a good one.

WestCoastAggie
December 11th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I like the Prairie Panthers by 10 in this one.

Big Dawg
December 11th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Look, I wish the SWAC could participate in the playoffs, but they don't.

So can ya'll stop hating on the SWAC and just enjoy some damn COLLEGE FOOTBALL on a Saturday afternoon??? Good Grief.

bluedog
December 11th, 2009, 04:56 PM

So can ya'll stop hating on the SWAC and just enjoy some damn COLLEGE FOOTBALL on a Saturday afternoon??? Good Grief.

It's still uniquely amazing how they never ever once whine about the IVY league not participating to this degree, I guess it's just coincidental.
xlolxxlolxxlolx

BobcatSymphony
December 11th, 2009, 07:02 PM
It's still uniquely amazing how they never ever once whine about the IVY league not participating to this degree, I guess it's just coincidental.
xlolxxlolxxlolx

It may be as such because the Ivies don't proclaim a "National Champion" after their season's done... Just my two cents, and not trying to start a war. I actually like catching a SWAC game on TV when I can.

As for the game, I like PV in this one but two scores.

bluedog
December 11th, 2009, 07:48 PM
It may be as such because the Ivies don't proclaim a "National Champion" after their season's done... Just my two cents, and not trying to start a war. I actually like catching a SWAC game on TV when I can.

The Ivy league never had any other championship either have they?

Ours have been around since 1938 now what other excuse you wanna give them? ;)

(not saying you're doing it intentionally)

GAD
December 11th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Ivies chose not to play, we were told you can't play for our championship, go form your own league and play for your own SEPERATE BUT EQUAL championship

crossfire07
December 11th, 2009, 09:46 PM
xlolx
The Ivy league never had any other championship either have they?

actually, the Ivy League does quite well in sports other than football. How well would SWAC schools do in sports if they was like Ivy schools and not hand out scholarships?

How come Southern isn't playing in this game? They back out of it too?xlolx

bluedog
December 12th, 2009, 01:08 AM
xlolx

actually, the Ivy League does quite well in sports other than football. How well would SWAC schools do in sports if they was like Ivy schools and not hand out scholarships?

How come Southern isn't playing in this game? They back out of it too?xlolx

C'mom Mane!!!!

You're Ivy, you gotta be smarter then this. I wasn't saying that the Ivy don't do well, I know very well how the Ivy league does .

I know all about the Ivy league ,I grew up watching Leave It To Beaver. xsmiley_wix

I was simply saying that the Ivy doesn't say they're a National Champion because they never had any other option to compete for one.

SU Jag
December 12th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Black college football national champions is voted on and this includes ALL football playing hbcus, not just the swac. I agree with bigdawg, stop hating. I watch a "big time" playoff game that won't have more people that the 6a state title game is alabama. Two fantastic teams and noone bothered to show up. The swac title game has always attracted more fans than the fcs title game. Even in 05 when the wheather was down down right horrible, the game still was over 21k which would equal to one of the largest crowds for the fcs title game in chatty. The tv ratings for the swac title game are even better, so please stop hating! Its amazing that mofos show up on every hbcu thread talking negative but you never see the hbcu posters on other threads talking negative. Why hate on us?

SCBluehen
December 12th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Go Bulldogs!!!

Ulysses is playing at home.

I predict he runs for 100+.

mikebigg
December 12th, 2009, 11:34 AM

xthumbsupx

mikebigg
December 12th, 2009, 11:42 AM
The SCG doesn't determine any type of national championship...The BCF national champion is determined by the Sheridan Poll as it has been for years. The SCG is a result of the SWAC splitting into two division after expansion in 1999 and was created after the SWAC was informed that we would not have an autobid to the playoffs AND as a money making game for our team and league.

Those who choose to participate in the playoffs are well within their right and I have no problem watching an FCS playoff game. I'm not so shallow to diss something just because I'm not a part of it. Some of the negative, anti-SWAC posters on here should consider that the game has been a success and two teams that's a part of FCS participates in that game.

blackcaesar3k5
December 12th, 2009, 01:13 PM
PVAM is one of the best turnaround stories in college football for last three years...

CSN-info
December 12th, 2009, 01:26 PM
The SCG is a result of the SWAC splitting into two division after expansion in 1999 and was created after the SWAC was informed that we would not have an autobid to the playoffs AND as a money making game for our team and league.

Not true. The SWAC created the game in addition to other games that conflicted with the playoffs. Those choices resulted in a decision by the SWAC to not send their regular season champ to the playoffs. The Ivy League refuses the same way. Those are the rules, you have to send your champ for an AQ. So the SWAC and Ivy are not eligible for an AQ. All SWAC teams without conflicting dates are eligible for an at-large. The SWAC did not have an AQ for many years before their last performance in the playoffs in 1997 (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=division-i-football-championship-playoff&disp=single&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1).

UMass922
December 12th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Congrats to Prairie View on the SWAC title. What a turnaround for that program! xbowx

TheValleyRaider
December 12th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Congrats Panthers xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

mikebigg
December 13th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Whatever the reason... the SWAC has the SCG as an alternative to "waiting" for the NCAA to decide whether of not we deserved an At large bid!!

Native
December 13th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Congats to PVAMU!

bluedog
December 13th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Not true. The SWAC created the game in addition to other games that conflicted with the playoffs. Those choices resulted in a decision by the SWAC to not send their regular season champ to the playoffs. The Ivy League refuses the same way. Those are the rules, you have to send your champ for an AQ. So the SWAC and Ivy are not eligible for an AQ. All SWAC teams without conflicting dates are eligible for an at-large. The SWAC did not have an AQ for many years before their last performance in the playoffs in 1997 (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=division-i-football-championship-playoff&disp=single&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1).

True statement

Mid-Atlantic
December 13th, 2009, 06:59 AM
sportscenter gave Prairie View some love last night did anyone see it?

UMass922
December 13th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Here's an SI article from 1995 about Prairie View's losing streak:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1007030/1/index.htm

Really helps you appreciate how far the Panthers have come.

Panther88
December 14th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Here's an SI article from 1995 about Prairie View's losing streak:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1007030/1/index.htm

Really helps you appreciate how far the Panthers have come.

That article really, really does a good job of catching the wide range of emotions and also the lack of resources available to our athletic programs(plural) during that time. :)

The apathy by recent grads is a phenomena that I cannot readily explain but in my personal defense, I can elaborate slightly on the feelings I had and why I wasn't interested. I was one of those in the earlier 90s who wanted to do away w/ ALL sports programs on campus and if we did continue to have them, the university was to provide ZERO funding for students for we are a university commissioned to educate academically, not commissioned to allow someone to dunk a basketball, run a football, or jump for track/field. If a student wanted to participate in sports, they were to do so willingly and w/out financial support from the university (academia). What we found to be true was there was no way possible for us to even compete vs the scholarshipped schools w/ what we were fielding. Hence the return of scholarships after a 10yr hiatus. And, during those 10 years of zero scholarships fielding a club team (all volunteers), we set the record for consecutive losses in football and basketball-track/field and other sports didn't fare well either. :)

From disbanding all sports in 1989-1990 to where we are currently (3rd highest athletic budget in the SWAC) is quite remarkable, let alone going 9-1 in back-to-back seasons while now actually winning the SWAC Football championship.

I'm very appreciative of the sincerity of "congrats" from those who were genuine. While we're @ this juncture lol, Prairie View has 1 open spot for a football game next fall (OOC). :) From what I understand, the tilt w/ Sam Houston St 2010 is being sought so that'll give us 1 OOC. We still need 1 more. Our main # is 936-857-3311 and our athl director's name is Fred Washington. lol Have your ppl call our ppl. :) Would love to do a home-and-home w/ McNeese, SFA, TxSt, SELA. :)

mistersykes
December 14th, 2009, 02:59 PM
It looks like the Panthers have come an awful long way...its gotta be awesome for those players and university affiliates. Congrats Prairie View A & M!