PDA

View Full Version : Montana Travel Costs

grizband
December 9th, 2009, 07:05 PM
During a radio show tonight, I heard Jim O'Day (Montana AD) explain travel costs for the Griz, and how this hinders series with most east coast teams. Basically, it costs the Griz between $100,000-$125,000 to travel to games back east, which must be funded some how. I guess O'Day and the App State. AD agreed the away team would be paid $100,000 for each game, to offset the travel costs, but most FCS teams cannot afford this amount of money.

whoanellie
December 9th, 2009, 07:36 PM
with attendance being similar it will be a good match-up could not have two school's so alike and location challenged as UM & ASU. gett'n their kick 'n the sticks!!!

93henfan
December 9th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Looking on the bright side, the NCAA usually tries to save the Griz any potential travel for the first three rounds of the playoffs. :p

1appfan
December 9th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Looking on the bright side, the NCAA usually tries to save the Griz any potential travel for the first three rounds of the playoffs. :p

And haven't had to worry about extra baggage for carrying rings home from Chatty!xbawlingx

Tod
December 9th, 2009, 08:29 PM
And haven't had to worry about extra baggage for carrying rings home from Chatty!xbawlingx

You didn't know the Griz have won two NC's? xconfusedx

Well, now you do! xnodxxnodx

Poker Alan
December 9th, 2009, 09:48 PM
You didn't know the Griz have won two NC's? xconfusedx

Well, now you do! xnodxxnodx

I only think the second ring came home from Chatty, the first from Huntington...

BearIt
December 9th, 2009, 09:54 PM

Nice to see an App fan that conceeds that we are going to Chatty this year:D

Hoyadestroya85
December 9th, 2009, 10:38 PM
was this radio show on a ham radio station?

soccerguy315
December 9th, 2009, 11:07 PM
I don't see how you could've heard the radio over the crowd noise at the stadium...

grizband
December 9th, 2009, 11:55 PM
I don't see how you could've heard the radio over the crowd noise at the stadium...
I politely asked everyone to quiet down. xwhistlex

JMU Newbill
December 10th, 2009, 06:48 AM

Can we not use the words "Montana", "three/third", "round(s)", and "playoffs" in the same sentence for a while. Thanks!

89Hen
December 10th, 2009, 07:53 AM
During a radio show tonight, I heard Jim O'Day (Montana AD) explain travel costs for the Griz, and how this hinders series with most east coast teams. Basically, it costs the Griz between $100,000-$125,000 to travel to games back east, which must be funded some how.
How much does it cost for them to travel to SacSt or NAU? I know there's nothing they can do about having to travel every other year to conference mates, but saying "east coast" has little to do with it. If they have to travel ANYWHERE it's going to cost them that. xpeacex