PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Term JUCO Transfers?

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2005, 04:43 PM
Any I-AAs sign some JUCOs? I know I saw some lists from I-As but was wondering if any of our I-AAs have signed any of these transfers from JUCOs?

Let me hear from you!

NDSU_grad
December 22nd, 2005, 04:53 PM
Bison fans were tantalized with a strong "maybe" in the media outlets prior to signing day, but it came and went without any news. I was really hoping for a couple of mid-term DL guys, since I think being able to through spring ball really helps for the season.

catbob
December 22nd, 2005, 07:46 PM
http://www.msubobcats.com/news.php?sid=fb&nid=1265

Linebacker Will Claggett from Butte (Calif.) College and receiver Deon Toliver from East Los Angeles College each signed National Letters-of-Intent to join the Bobcat football program. Both players arrive at the onset of MSU's spring semester in January.

Brent
December 26th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Texas State has three and will likely land some more JUCO players for signing day in Feb.

Cocky
December 26th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Samford got a JC lineman transfer not sure of his name or school but he was a 300 pounder. I will try to get so more useful info.

Cocky
December 26th, 2005, 11:28 AM
From the Samford page:

The Samford football program announced the signing of Kyle Castles, a transfer from Itawamba Community College in Fulton, Miss., on Thursday.

"We feel like Kyle will be able to come in and help us at the guard position," Samford head coach Bill Gray said. "We were looking for a mid-year guy who could help us on the offensive line, and we found that with Kyle. He comes from a very good junior college program at Itawamba, and a very good high school program in Tupelo. He is also a very good student, which makes him a perfect fit for Samford."

Castles (OL, 6-4, 305, Jr., Tupelo, Miss.) comes to Samford after serving as a two-year starter on the offensive line for Itawamba. This season, he was selected for the Mississippi Junior College All-Star Game.

Castles was a three-year starter for Tupelo High School. As a senior, Castles was named to the All-Area and All-Region teams. He was also named the Best Offensive Lineman on his team.

Brent
December 29th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Scratch that, Texas State has 4 signed and 1 committed from the JUCO ranks. The staff is bringing the recruits in fast down here in San Marcos.