PDA

View Full Version : Armanti Edwards for Heisman?

HappyAppy13
December 8th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Everyone knows that this won't happen. However, do you think that he should at least be mentioned in "The Heisman Talk"? Just wondering what all you AGS'ers out there thought

JMU Newbill
December 8th, 2009, 03:04 PM
No.

End of thread.

GunsAndGuitars
December 8th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Well, Tebow has 2000 less total yards that AE. I don't know that it means much though because AE "plays lower caliber players." Even though I wonder if that's not a depth issue instead of caliber or quality.

GoneTribal
December 8th, 2009, 03:08 PM
No.

End of thread.

qft

SpeedkingATL
December 8th, 2009, 03:09 PM
As much as I love AE, playing in the FCS he will get very little or no consideration....that's what the Peyton Award is for anyway. Hope he gets #2.xnodx

Pitz
December 8th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Haha, had to bring this back out for this year:

http://www.graduatedukeclub.com/images/appstatekoolaid.jpg

ASUG8
December 8th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I don't think so - different league of players. I doubt AE would be anywhere near as durable at the next level. If there are legitimate doubts about his ability to play QB in the NFL, then he likely shouldn't be considered. I think he'll get a second Payton, which is still a great honor (especially to get two in a row).

On the other hand, looking at the list of Heismann winners over the last 15-20 yrs. the success rate seems to be somewhat hit and miss as predictors for NFL greatness. The Payton award is even less so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heisman_Trophy_winners
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Payton_Award

TexasTerror
December 8th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Everyone knows that this won't happen. However, do you think that he should at least be mentioned in "The Heisman Talk"? Just wondering what all you AGS'ers out there thought

Why should he be mentioned?

You posted this after invites to NYC were sent out. If he's not in that group of invites and he was not - it's a meaningless argument.

crusader11
December 8th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Stop.

Skjellyfetti
December 8th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Why should he be mentioned?

Says the guy that didn't have him in his top 5 for the Payton last year. Did he make it on your ballot this year? xcoffeex

Mountaineer#96
December 8th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Says the guy that didn't have him in his top 5 for the Payton last year. Did he make it on your ballot this year? xcoffeex

I guess some people just can't be impressed ...I know David Coulson sure is as always :D

Grrrrriz
December 8th, 2009, 04:26 PM
No way. He is good, but this is a little ridiculous.

TexasTerror
December 8th, 2009, 04:44 PM

#2 on my ballot... xthumbsupx

HiHiYikas
December 8th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Forget the Heisman. Create a Nobel Prize in Football and give it to him.

Mountaineer#96
December 8th, 2009, 04:53 PM

Obama already made that award worthless xnonono2x.......lets be FCS proud and stay with the Payton here.

appstate1998
December 8th, 2009, 08:34 PM
McNair should have won it in 94. At least he got the Payton.

Sader87
December 8th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Gordie Lockbaum came in 5th in the Heisman voting in '86 and 3rd in the 1987 vote. It's not without precedent.

asknoquarter21
December 8th, 2009, 09:15 PM

Yea I guess the peace prize is a popularity contest too. If the heisman committee is like the Nobel committee we Tebow will win. AE would then be a lock for the Payton.

AE is the only one deserving

Old Cat Fan
December 8th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Way back in 1985 Div 3 Plymouth State halfback Joe Dudek (New Hampshire) finished 9th in the Heisman and was Sports Illustrated pick and was featured on the cover. xthumbsupx

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/OLDCATFAN/1202_large.jpg

KiddBrewer
December 8th, 2009, 11:48 PM
xcoffeexxbangxxnutsxxbandwagonxxbandwagonxxdohx

09griz
December 9th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Who was the last FCS player to be nominated? Has there been? Has there been a winner out of the FCS?

DSUrocks07
December 9th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Who was the last FCS player to be nominated? Has there been? Has there been a winner out of the FCS?

Steve McNair finished 3rd in the voting, in 1995 i believe, during his senior year at Alcorn State of the SWAC