PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette's Tavani Signs Extension

LeopardFan04
December 22nd, 2005, 11:11 AM
Frank Tavani signed a two year extenstion keeping him through 2012...

http://patriotleague.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122205aab.html

Lehigh Football Nation
December 22nd, 2005, 12:51 PM
Boo.

Pards Rule
December 22nd, 2005, 12:59 PM
Wow! I get my first Christmas card from a Lafayette president this year and my first Christmas present from the AD with the extra two years!! Merry Xmas to me!!!

Appdad
December 22nd, 2005, 01:17 PM

Have you received a December appeal for money for Lafayette yet? :)

Pard4Life
December 22nd, 2005, 01:33 PM
Have you received a December appeal for money for Lafayette yet? :)

Oh yeah, don't worry, some of us have gotten that already... and one in Novemeber.

DFW HOYA
December 22nd, 2005, 01:35 PM
Any significance that his extension was one year longer than Biddle's (inter-school rivalry at play there...)?

Pard4Life
December 22nd, 2005, 01:41 PM

I like how this comes right on the heels of the Biddle deal.. it looks like we are going toe-to-toe with Colgate for power brokers of stability in the league.. (sorry Lehigh, the coaching change and the last loss leaves that a temporary question mark)... Colgate-Lafayette the new PL 'cold war'? I can't help but think it. Now only if... we.. can.. beat.. them... :bang:

Appdad
December 22nd, 2005, 02:09 PM
Oh yeah, don't worry, some of us have gotten that already... and one in Novemeber.

We know the feeling! :)

Pards Rule
December 22nd, 2005, 02:09 PM
How long is OC Heffner under contract for?

carney2
December 22nd, 2005, 02:11 PM
Thank God. Now maybe that recurring nightmare will go away. You know, the one where Frank quits to take the job at Mt. Holyoke or some other football factory while at the same time Lehigh hires the ghost of Vince Lombardi who immediately subscribes to Biddle's "How to Kick the Snot Out of a Leopard" newsletter.

carney2
December 22nd, 2005, 02:44 PM
Any significance that his extension was one year longer than Biddle's (inter-school rivalry at play there...)?

I doubt if 2012 vs. 2011 is of any significance at all. Now, two years vs. two years, there may - may - be something to that. In reality though, the decision makers at Lafayette seem to march to their own drummer. (For proof, look no further than the basketball mess.) If this were an apparent answer to a Lehigh salvo I'd take it much more seriously.

Pard94
December 22nd, 2005, 04:29 PM
Nice! Now we have to secure Hef and the rest of the gang!

Cap'n Cat
December 22nd, 2005, 04:31 PM

Cap'n Cat looks at it this way - just another beautiful opportunity to keep Youngstown out of the playoffs again.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

carney2
December 22nd, 2005, 05:54 PM
just another beautiful opportunity to keep Youngstown out of the playoffs again.

I never knew it until this year, but Youngstown's misery is my delight.

colgate13
December 22nd, 2005, 09:56 PM
Congrats LC! Looks like you are doing all you can to keep a winner around. You should all be very happy (and proud!).

I have no problem with a CU/LC struggle for PL dominance in the coming years; first, it puts two of the smallest liberal arts colleges in I-AA up against each other and, well, second... we all know the second reason (some little streak we got going on ;) )

Pard4Life
December 22nd, 2005, 11:05 PM
I never knew it until this year, but Youngstown's misery is my delight.

Amen... we have issues with birds on College Hill... Mountain Hawks, Blue Hens ('04), Penguins... and we've stomped two of them :D

Pard94
December 23rd, 2005, 06:30 AM
Cap'n Cat looks at it this way - just another beautiful opportunity to keep Youngstown out of the playoffs again.

I am sure Happy Penguin will be on soon to decry Tavani's signing as unfair and part of a vast East Coast conspiracy. Man, has that guy (and I use the term loosely) ruined it for the rest of YSU fans.