PDA

View Full Version : Former Hofstra fan

Bull Fan
December 5th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Hello, my name is Bull Fan and I'm a former Hofstra fan.

As my team has been assassinated by a University President, I have been given the opportunity to transfer without having to sit out a year.

With this opportunity, I have decided to transfer my support to one of the following intercollegiate tackle football teams:

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/directory/southern/Georgia-Southern.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/directory/bigsky/Montana.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/directory/patriot/Lafayette.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/directory/patriot/Fordham.gif

Once my decision is made, I pledge my full support to the program and its pursuit of excellence. Having had the pleasure to sample 38 I-AA different teams over the last two decades, I've carefully thought out my decision after a two year study. I will make an announcement over the next few hours....

OLPOP
December 5th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Bull- The Rams seem a natural, they're in your backyard!

UNHWildCats
December 5th, 2009, 12:50 PM

As my team has been assassinated by a University President, I have been given the opportunity to transfer without having to sit out a year.

With this opportunity, I have decided to transfer my support to one of the following intercollegiate tackle football teams:

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/directory/southern/Georgia-Southern.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/directory/bigsky/Montana.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/directory/patriot/Lafayette.gif http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/directory/patriot/Fordham.gif

Once my decision is made, I pledge my full support to the program and its pursuit of excellence. Having had the pleasure to sample 38 I-AA different teams over the last two decades, I've carefully thought out my decision after a two year study. I will make an announcement over the next few hours....
see what fan base will offer the most gifts.. I bet the Griz fans would supply a tshirt, hat and sweatshirt to win your support. xthumbsupx

AAadict
December 5th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Fordham. Go local.

GreatAppSt
December 5th, 2009, 12:54 PM

Once my decision is made, I pledge my full support to the program and its pursuit of excellence. Having had the pleasure to sample 38 I-AA different teams over the last two decades, I've carefully thought out my decision after a two year study. I will make an announcement over the next few hours.... I vote Leopardsxnodx

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2009, 12:56 PM
No!! Not Lafayette!!

WWII
December 5th, 2009, 12:59 PM
No Stony Brook option?

Bogus Megapardus
December 5th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Come to a game at beautiful Fisher Field before you decide. Enjoy our tradition and hundred-year-old rivalries against the most storied names in academics and collegiate football. We average about 9,000 spectators per game - at a college of only about 2,000 students. We're not Delaware or James Madison - just different. I think you'll enjoy it a great deal.

As for our Lehigh brothers - try a game at Goodman Stadium, too. It's just a few miles down the road.

Bogus Megapardus
December 5th, 2009, 01:18 PM
No Stony Brook option?

Sure there's a Stony Brook option! I believe Lafayette will be hosting Stony Brook at Fisher Field next October. All the more reason . . . . . ;)

dungeonjoe
December 5th, 2009, 01:27 PM
see what fan base will offer the most gifts.. I bet the Griz fans would supply a tshirt, hat and sweatshirt to win your support. xthumbsupx
Georgia southern might offer him the Head Coaching job

Ivytalk
December 5th, 2009, 01:48 PM
GSU. Great tailgating and fan support, and you won't freeze your cojones off!xthumbsupx

Elon Fightin' Christians
December 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Fordham is too close to home.
GSU, not a bad choice, they probably have plenty of good seats available on their bandwagon these days.
LaF would be good. Close enough to get to some games but not too close.
Mont is too far and you shouldn't just join up with a top team. Thats too easy.

I'd rank them this way for you:
1. LaF
2. GSU
3. Ford
4. Mont

Good Luck.

Bogus Megapardus
December 5th, 2009, 01:53 PM
GSU. Great tailgating and fan support, and you won't freeze your cojones off!xthumbsupx

But Bull Fan could see the Crimson play at cozy, serene Fisher Field next October as well, Ivytalk. Warm, schwarm. I'll bring the brandy.

UNHWildCats
December 5th, 2009, 01:58 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

93henfan
December 5th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Go with Montana. One of the easier schedules in FCS usually guarantees a seed and a home playoff game or three every year. xsmiley_wix

Jackman
December 5th, 2009, 02:05 PM
UMass is everyone's second favorite team, right? No need to answer, I know it's true.

Go with Fordham. You'll have a chance to see them grow into a new program if the scholarships work out. With the others you're stepping into something more established, though GSU probably wants to grow into a new program at this point.

headdressguy
December 5th, 2009, 02:50 PM
UMass is everyone's second favorite team, right? No need to answer, I know it's true.

Go with Fordham. You'll have a chance to see them grow into a new program if the scholarships work out. With the others you're stepping into something more established, though GSU probably wants to grow into a new program at this point.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that at this point, GSU would be perfectly happy to grow into their old program!

Torgo
December 5th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Screw going local, go as far away as possible!

Hey...I'm from the east coast :p

Redwyn
December 5th, 2009, 03:00 PM
No Stony Brook option?

A bit surprising to me too. I thought you had an SB mug? ;)

Go...gate
December 5th, 2009, 04:09 PM
How 'bout Colgate?

Reign of Terrier
December 5th, 2009, 04:12 PM
GSU has a bright future and tradition (the last years removed)

Montana is great team year in and out with great fans

I'd go with one of the above

UNHWildCats
December 5th, 2009, 04:17 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Hoseinexile07
December 5th, 2009, 04:47 PM
We could use some more fans. xlolx

Ivytalk
December 5th, 2009, 05:01 PM
But Bull Fan could see the Crimson play at cozy, serene Fisher Field next October as well, Ivytalk. Warm, schwarm. I'll bring the brandy.

I'll be there, Bogus! It's about time I went to a game at Fisher.

Bull Fan
December 5th, 2009, 06:26 PM
And the winner is.....

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/directory/southern/Georgia-Southern.gif

Let me explain myself.

I have a great affinity for tradition and / or what I perceive as a great college atmosphere. Fordham gave us Vince Lombardi, so they were immediately a candidate. Some may look down on Coffey, but I dig the place.

The Griz define excellence and have a strong atmosphere that I have never seen up close and personal.

I've been to Fisher Field a couple times over the years; both were before the place was re-done, but I always loved that stadium and the local area.

Which brings me to my new girlfriend after 19 years of marriage to my DUTCH. Back in '00 Uncle Buck and I took the ride down to The 'Boro to catch the playoff game between our Dutch and the Eagles.

Tailgating galore, a great stadium and a jacked up stadium. The flags of success flying high and southern football at it's finest, we settled in for the crisp performance of Revere, Peterson and company. Yes, in "Our House" GSU ran all over the Dutch- left, right, over and sideways. A classic dismantling.

I'd been ultimately impressed by the program, and as a lover of the ground game it was pure music. I look forward to the return to the option, and our Eagles will return to glory. I will be doing some research into Erk and how the program was built up.... I know OUR time will come again, and Appy will be our bitches again.

Yes, any of the other teams would have been fine choices. I just had to go GSU since I see a sleeping giant.

Oh, and it doesn't hurt that we plan to uplift our family and move down to Atlanta as soon as we sell our house and get jobs there (yes, really) ;) So yes, while you guys call out the local products of Fordham and SBU, those would only turn into long-distance relationships. I will deal with the google-estimated three hour drive out to The 'Boro, as I intend to teach my boy about football the right way.

SBU - if we're still on the island next year, I'm sure I'll make it out to some games next year, but I don't have any emotion for them. No offense, but I'm just not feelin' 'em.

Fordham - I WILL be out to Coffey next season. I haven't been up there in a dog's age but will be eager to catch the Rams.

Lafayette - Hey, love the program and the Patriot League. I choose you in "The Game" over the Engineers ANY DAY.

Montana - Much respect for the program, and would love to make it up to Mizzoula one day... perhaps an extended road trip with my little sidekick one day down the line.

....... And that's all she wrote. Hofstra University is DEAD to me. I didn't graduate from there, but loved the football program from when I was a college freshman as Uncle Buck wore the Blue and Gold. So it's easy to detach myself from the U without having to have some weird internal discussion about my allegiance due to matriculation. My degree was earned at the University at Buffalo, my I-A love. I transferred there from Community College on LI, and was there as they were I-AA and mediocre, getting into some too-close games against the Central States, Colgates and the like. You could say I'm a long-suffering UB grad / fan. As I'm too far from Buffalo to get there without a flight and they rarely play any games within driving distance, I've followed them from afar. Proud of last years success, and I think they'll be back next year in the MAC.

But I am a I-AA guy, always will be. My Dutch are DEAD. Long live the Eagles.... I'll settle into the reality that I've got a long way to go in being a true-blue fan, but as my geography will change to make it easier to follow, I look forward to the coming years as one of you. I really look forward to the return to excellence....

You notice nobody from the CAA made my final cut. I respect but have no love for any of those teams for all obvious reason.

AAadict
December 5th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Best of luck with GS dude! Didn't know you were writing your senior thesis on it.

Bull Fan
December 5th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Dude, I'm 37. Closer to being a senior citizen than a college senior ;) Well, not really, but in the morning my knees feel that way ;)

Bogus Megapardus
December 5th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Best of luck with GS dude! Didn't know you were writing your senior thesis on it.

Can't argue with the pick or the rationale. Do try to come to the "new" Fisher Field someday, though. I almost fell flat on my rear the first time I saw it, comparing the renovation to that which which you had become familiar.

And maybe it's too soon to give up on Dutch football. You never know. But for chrissake, bring back "Flying Dutchmen" if you bring back football, will ya?

Seawolf97
December 5th, 2009, 07:26 PM
xthumbsupxSurprised me too. Good Luck heading South

ASU_Fanatic
December 5th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I'm 13...we got some big age differences on here.

Baldy
December 5th, 2009, 08:04 PM
And the winner is.....

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/directory/southern/Georgia-Southern.gif

Let me explain myself.

I have a great affinity for tradition and / or what I perceive as a great college atmosphere. Fordham gave us Vince Lombardi, so they were immediately a candidate. Some may look down on Coffey, but I dig the place.

The Griz define excellence and have a strong atmosphere that I have never seen up close and personal.

I've been to Fisher Field a couple times over the years; both were before the place was re-done, but I always loved that stadium and the local area.

Which brings me to my new girlfriend after 19 years of marriage to my DUTCH. Back in '00 Uncle Buck and I took the ride down to The 'Boro to catch the playoff game between our Dutch and the Eagles.

Tailgating galore, a great stadium and a jacked up stadium. The flags of success flying high and southern football at it's finest, we settled in for the crisp performance of Revere, Peterson and company. Yes, in "Our House" GSU ran all over the Dutch- left, right, over and sideways. A classic dismantling.

I'd been ultimately impressed by the program, and as a lover of the ground game it was pure music. I look forward to the return to the option, and our Eagles will return to glory. I will be doing some research into Erk and how the program was built up.... I know OUR time will come again, and Appy will be our bitches again.

Yes, any of the other teams would have been fine choices. I just had to go GSU since I see a sleeping giant.

Oh, and it doesn't hurt that we plan to uplift our family and move down to Atlanta as soon as we sell our house and get jobs there (yes, really) ;) So yes, while you guys call out the local products of Fordham and SBU, those would only turn into long-distance relationships. I will deal with the google-estimated three hour drive out to The 'Boro, as I intend to teach my boy about football the right way.

SBU - if we're still on the island next year, I'm sure I'll make it out to some games next year, but I don't have any emotion for them. No offense, but I'm just not feelin' 'em.

Fordham - I WILL be out to Coffey next season. I haven't been up there in a dog's age but will be eager to catch the Rams.

Lafayette - Hey, love the program and the Patriot League. I choose you in "The Game" over the Engineers ANY DAY.

Montana - Much respect for the program, and would love to make it up to Mizzoula one day... perhaps an extended road trip with my little sidekick one day down the line.

....... And that's all she wrote. Hofstra University is DEAD to me. I didn't graduate from there, but loved the football program from when I was a college freshman as Uncle Buck wore the Blue and Gold. So it's easy to detach myself from the U without having to have some weird internal discussion about my allegiance due to matriculation. My degree was earned at the University at Buffalo, my I-A love. I transferred there from Community College on LI, and was there as they were I-AA and mediocre, getting into some too-close games against the Central States, Colgates and the like. You could say I'm a long-suffering UB grad / fan. As I'm too far from Buffalo to get there without a flight and they rarely play any games within driving distance, I've followed them from afar. Proud of last years success, and I think they'll be back next year in the MAC.

But I am a I-AA guy, always will be. My Dutch are DEAD. Long live the Eagles.... I'll settle into the reality that I've got a long way to go in being a true-blue fan, but as my geography will change to make it easier to follow, I look forward to the coming years as one of you. I really look forward to the return to excellence....

You notice nobody from the CAA made my final cut. I respect but have no love for any of those teams for all obvious reason.

xprost2x xsmileyclapx xhurrayx

Welcome aboard Bull Fan, outstanding choice. You will not regret your decision.

Since you enjoyed our tailgate so much in 2000, you have an open invitation to join us anytime you like.

xthumbsupx xbowx xnodx

Bull Fan
December 5th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Hey Baldy, are you part of the famed Red Flag Gang?

tribe_pride
December 5th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Bull - if you are going to pull for GSU, W&M invites you to join our fanclub for the rest of the playoffs this year. You guys even finished up with a 2 game winning streak against the Tribe.

Tailbone
December 5th, 2009, 08:27 PM
And the winner is.....

Great choice but.......you decided without the benefit of this info:

All Griz games are televised.
The satellite coordinates are posted at Griz websites.
There are Griz fans and bars everywhere.
Which means..........

You'd be able to follow the Griz with Griz fans all season - no matter where you live.

Baldy
December 5th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Hey Baldy, are you part of the famed Red Flag Gang?

xnodx

xthumbsupx

Bull Fan
December 5th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Sweet. Hey, you remember our buddy 3r20? I asked him to send my application and references to you. It's my understanding that one just doesn't wander into the royalty that is the Georgia Southern tailgating nation; you are invited ;)

Bogus Megapardus
December 5th, 2009, 10:00 PM

Which means..........

You'd be able to follow the Griz with Griz fans all season - no matter where you live.

Ditto Lafayette - every game - home and away - is on broadcast TV, cable, satellite and stream; satellite coordinates for all games, etc.

So, Griz fans - if you'd like to adopt an East Coast team and join in each year with the greatest and most-played rivalry in all of college football, you are cordially invited to cheer for our humble little college on the river.

whoanellie
December 5th, 2009, 10:20 PM
start fresh and pick a new tradition, ODU? Ga. State?

Bull Fan
December 5th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Can't argue with the pick or the rationale. Do try to come to the "new" Fisher Field someday, though. I almost fell flat on my rear the first time I saw it, comparing the renovation to that which which you had become familiar.

And maybe it's too soon to give up on Dutch football. You never know. But for chrissake, bring back "Flying Dutchmen" if you bring back football, will ya?

The Dutch are done, Bogus. As long as that doosh is president of the university, I'd have a better chance of giving birth to a hippopotamus than seeing football revived there.

Hey, Go Leopards!

1appfan
December 5th, 2009, 10:36 PM

OUCH! xlolxxnodxxthumbsupx Give'em Hell Apps!!!

Franks Tanks
December 5th, 2009, 10:54 PM
And the winner is.....

Let me explain myself.

Glad to hear you are a somewhat Lafayette fan!

I always hoped for Hofstra to do well. A guy from my high school and hometown ,who is 3 years older than I, was an all-american D-lineman at Hofstra in the late 90's. He is a good guy and helped me a lot as a young player, so I followed Hofstta because of him. I feel your pain and will remember Hofstra football and it players.

Baldy
December 5th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Sweet. Hey, you remember our buddy 3r20? I asked him to send my application and references to you. It's my understanding that one just doesn't wander into the royalty that is the Georgia Southern tailgating nation; you are invited ;)

Well...I'm a founding member, so I have the power to extend an invitation to a undocumented prospect. ;)

I remember 3r20 very well, as a matter of fact, he has been hanging out on the GSU board since the awful decision made by the "administration" at Hoffy.

Stop by and meet your new family: www.gsufans.com xthumbsupx

Torgo
December 6th, 2009, 07:10 AM

Which means..........

I never realized how lucky I was as a Griz fan until his year for that reason, especially last week where there were playoff games not broadcast. I watched a game against a DII school from the web here in Denmark this season. xthumbsupx

Bull Fan
December 6th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Baldy, I just signed up.

The corpse is dead and in the ground. It's time to move on.....

Sturgisjeff
December 6th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Should have went South Dakota State... Plenty of cute blonde Swedish descendant girls.