Ivytalk
December 2nd, 2009, 09:53 AM
Great news!xthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Will it be on CSN Philly?

GannonFan
December 2nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah, which Comcast Sports will it be on? Comcast Philly still shows 2 CAA basketball games being televised in the afternoon on Saturday. And there's a Flyers game that night with the pregame show starting at 6:30 - CSN Philly has been hesistant before to run a live event that could run into even the pregame show for the Flyers.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2009, 10:39 AM
Yeah, which Comcast Sports will it be on? Comcast Philly still shows 2 CAA basketball games being televised in the afternoon on Saturday. And there's a Flyers game that night with the pregame show starting at 6:30 - CSN Philly has been hesistant before to run a live event that could run into even the pregame show for the Flyers.

You mean, END THIS F***ING GAME ALREADY?

GannonFan
December 2nd, 2009, 11:02 AM

Hey, when the TV station owns the sports team like Comcast owns the Flyers, that tends to take priority. And in reality, although all of us on here will watch the football game intently, it's still a tiny, tiny viewing audience compared to what they get for the Flyers. Just the reality of the situation.

jlcharles
December 2nd, 2009, 11:11 AM
Hey, when the TV station owns the sports team like Comcast owns the Flyers, that tends to take priority. And in reality, although all of us on here will watch the football game intently, it's still a tiny, tiny viewing audience compared to what they get for the Flyers. Just the reality of the situation.

Which isn't saying much since NHL ratings are abysmal.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2009, 11:12 AM

I understand, but the pregame show? It's bad enough being the ugly stepchild to the Flyers, but being the ugly stepchild to Flyers PREGAME? Talk about no respect.

In any event, that fact of an early-season NHL game may very well mean that the playoff game won't be televised in the Philly area. That would be a real shame.

smcwildcat
December 2nd, 2009, 11:47 AM
pretty sure its just comcast new england

TribeinDC
December 2nd, 2009, 11:55 AM
Isn't comcast just providing a feed for the ESPN announcers?

UNHFan
December 2nd, 2009, 01:09 PM
Get Direct TV!! arent there like 4 different Comcast's and! There are CSN Akternates on Saturdays

Gordon Shumway
December 2nd, 2009, 01:15 PM
Get Direct TV!! arent there like 4 different Comcast's and! There are CSN Akternates on Saturdays

Good luck getting it installed by Saturday.:D

CSN New England is channel 630 on DirecTV. Outside of NE you will need to be subscribed to the Sports Pack that has all of the regional networks. All 4 games are on networks in the DirecTV Sports Pack.

UNHFan
December 2nd, 2009, 01:25 PM
Good luck getting it installed by Saturday.:D

CSN New England is channel 630 on DirecTV. Outside of NE you will need to be subscribed to the Sports Pack that has all of the regional networks. All 4 games are on networks in the DirecTV Sports Pack.

Yeah Baby!!! I cant wait... Wonder how many Beers it takes to watch all 4 games?

Gordon Shumway
December 2nd, 2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah Baby!!! I cant wait... Wonder how many Beers it takes to watch all 4 games?

As many as you deem necessary.xlolx

wideright82
December 2nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
As many as you deem necessary.xlolx

For sissy UNH fans, that's 2 xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

:D

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2009, 02:02 PM

HOWEVERAH MANY...IT TAKES TA DROWN YER SORROW............xprost2x....BRAWK!!

Gordon Shumway
December 2nd, 2009, 02:19 PM
For sissy UNH fans, that's 2 xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

At my age now, that is entirely too close to the truth.:o

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 2nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
I'm not going to tell any UNH fans how to do their jobs, but the first Villanova game was the 28th anniversary of my 21st birthday.

To mark the occasion I opted to tailgate with White Russians. (Much to the chagrin of Mrs ycUNHf). Last weekend, to keep in line with what I felt was UNH's best game to date, I again opted for the White Russians.

Drink all the beers you want but The Dude and I will be having a different beverage.

Hoyadestroya85
December 2nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
I'm not going to tell any UNH fans how to do their jobs, but the first Villanova game was the 28th anniversary of my 21st birthday.

To mark the occasion I opted to tailgate with White Russians. (Much to the chagrin of Mrs ycUNHf). Last weekend, to keep in line with what I felt was UNH's best game to date, I again opted for the White Russians.

Drink all the beers you want but The Dude and I will be having a different beverage.

What will Walter be drinking?

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 2nd, 2009, 04:45 PM
What will Walter be drinking?

Walter will be out of his element

Dblue
December 2nd, 2009, 05:01 PM

You know, I wanted to bring that up a few weeks ago. I was watching that game and I thought at first the sound was coming from somewhere else in my house.
But it wasn't, it was Comcast Philly broadcasting the Nova vs Richmond game, unexpected open mike moment. Here's a you tube grab.......

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=open+mike+flyers&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#q=comcast+****ing+game&hl=en&view=2&emb=0&qvid=comcast+****ing+game&vid=8595296440819115374

What you won't see is the first shot of the Comcast studio as it goes to Flyers coverage........Al Morganti looks a litttle ill. I don't think Al was the voice because I don't think Morganti can whistle, and he would have cursed with a New England accent.;) I don't know if anyone lost their job.

Whoever voiced their opinion that day needs to apologize to Mr. Howard, Richmond's kicker. Making a 48 yarder as time expires to defeat William and Mary?
Pricelessxsmiley_wix

Dblue
December 2nd, 2009, 05:06 PM

You know, I wanted to bring that up a few weeks ago. I was watching that game and I thought at first the sound was coming from somewhere else in my house.
But it wasn't, it was Comcast Philly broadcasting the Nova vs Richmond game, unexpected open mike moment. Here's a you tube grab.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0igkrYz5W4&feature=player_embedded#

What you won't see is the first shot of the Comcast studio as it goes to Flyers coverage........Al Morganti looks a litttle ill. I don't think Al was the voice because I don't think Morganti can whistle, and he would have cursed with a New England accent.;) I don't know if anyone lost their job.

Whoever voiced their opinion that day needs to apologize to Mr. Howard, Richmond's kicker. Making a 48 yarder as time expires to defeat William and Mary?
Pricelessxsmiley_wix

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2009, 05:27 PM

I have that footage somewhere at home. At first, I was appalled, but in reality it keeps getting funnier and funnier every time I hear it. xlolx

Dblue
December 2nd, 2009, 05:37 PM
I have that footage somewhere at home. At first, I was appalled, but in reality it keeps getting funnier and funnier every time I hear it. xlolx

It does!! BTW, I'm a lukewarm hockey fan, I might tune in late July if the Flyers are in the finalsxrotatehx Or maybe that might be August;)

MR. CHICKEN
December 4th, 2009, 09:52 PM
TA-NITE...ACTION NEWS.....SAID GAME WOOD..BE ON COMCAST CHANNEL 245......GOTTAH HAVE HI-DEF SERVICE...AH BELIEVE.....CAIN'T HURT TA REMOTE IT UP TA-MAR-UH....&...CHECK......AWK!

Bogus Megapardus
December 5th, 2009, 08:56 AM
According to the Villanova website,

"VILLANOVA, Pa. - On Saturday, Dec. 5, the Villanova Wildcats will take on the New Hampshire Wildcats in the quarterfinal round of the NCAA FCS football playoffs. The game can be seen live in the Philadelphia area on WPVI-TV D2 (ABC). Comcast SportsNet New England will also carry the game live."

This seems to mean that this game will be broadcast as live, free, over the air, television. If you don't have Comcast (like me), and your satellite service doesn't have it, no problem. You don't need cable. All you need is an antenna and a newer television with a digital tuner (or like me, an old one with a DTV converter box). Tune it to channel 6.2 in the Philly area, and it's live and free. You do not need "high definition" or anything like that.