PDA

View Full Version : a nice group of players they just wear the wrong color uniforms

whoanellie
December 2nd, 2009, 06:07 AM
xsmiley_wix

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/dec/02/mountaineers-prepare-for-new-experience/sports-college-football/

AppStsGr8
December 2nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Nice article. Thanks for posting.

Poker Alan
December 2nd, 2009, 07:38 AM
This adds an interesting element to the game, going on the road is a big deal.

AppStsGr8
December 2nd, 2009, 07:51 AM
The good news is that Richmond is only 5 hours from Boone, and App fans travel pretty well. The App alumni in Richmond are even hosting a little gathering Friday night for the traveling App fans. I'm guessing there will be enough App fans there to make some noise in the cold rain / snow Saturday night. At least the weather will feel like home!

Bam
December 2nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Cornerback Cortez Gilbert said it all. Better get him pumped!

ElonPride
December 2nd, 2009, 08:45 AM
The good news is that Richmond is only 5 hours from Boone, and App fans travel pretty well. The App alumni in Richmond are even hosting a little gathering Friday night for the traveling App fans. I'm guessing there will be enough App fans there to make some noise in the cold rain / snow Saturday night. At least the weather will feel like home!

The game is only 5 minutes from me xsmiley_wix

Once again App fans, don't give the guy at the game proudly wearing his Elon hat too much hell. I'm just there to watch some good football!!

aust42
December 2nd, 2009, 08:59 AM
Wow look at the empty seats in the background of that pic. The lack of fan support is a dang shame for Richmond. I wonder how many Ap State fans will travel up to Richmond?

Bam
December 2nd, 2009, 09:23 AM
Small school + bad ecomomy+holiday weekend= low turnout. I think this week should be ballsout!

MacThor
December 2nd, 2009, 09:34 AM
Wow look at the empty seats in the background of that pic. The lack of fan support is a dang shame for Richmond. I wonder how many Ap State fans will travel up to Richmond?

The end sections were empty. It was pretty full in between. The picture doesn't really do the crowd justice. Definitely a better turnout than either of the EKU first round games. Elon brought a pretty good crowd, but obviously the ends on the visitors' side were desolate too.

MasonJar
December 2nd, 2009, 09:44 AM

I am hearing that 6K have been sold through the ASU ticket office... I only thought we got 5K from Richmond, but...

Bam
December 2nd, 2009, 09:47 AM
The end sections were empty. It was pretty full in between. The picture doesn't really do the crowd justice. Definitely a better turnout than either of the EKU first round games. Elon brought a pretty good crowd, but obviously the ends on the visitors' side were desolate too.

Hell EKU can't get a good turnout even for Senior Day.

biggie
December 2nd, 2009, 09:49 AM
I am hearing that 6K have been sold through the ASU ticket office... I only thought we got 5K from Richmond, but...
According to one report, we only got 3k and only 1/2 have been sold so far.

CrackerRiley
December 2nd, 2009, 09:49 AM
Dang, suck it up Cortez! You can sleep on the bus and besides, Mrs. Moore will probably need only one bathroom break during the trip...

Bam
December 2nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
Dang, suck it up Cortez! You can sleep on the bus and besides, Mrs. Moore will probably need only one bathroom break during the trip...

LMFAO. The boys seem a little spoiled. :p

19Duke97
December 2nd, 2009, 10:09 AM
LMFAO. The boys seem a little spoiled. :p

Exactly, no one feels pity for Appy when it comes to traveling for the playoffs.

MasonJar
December 2nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
Exactly, no one feels pity for Appy when it comes to traveling for the playoffs.

Probably more envy than anything, especially if your school is not in the playoffs!xsmiley_wix

MasonJar
December 2nd, 2009, 10:18 AM
According to one report, we only got 3k and only 1/2 have been sold so far.

No telling... probably about like Armanti and Moore's injury status... Hey, they are 100% for Saturday, correct? Or are they 70%?xrolleyesx

I know I will be there and I'm looking forward to the trip!xpeacex

mcveyrl
December 2nd, 2009, 10:41 AM

No kidding. Is ASU coming up on Friday or are they going back and forth the same day to save expenses?

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2009, 11:09 AM
You guys act as if ASU didn't earn those home playoff games.

AppAlum2003
December 2nd, 2009, 01:17 PM
No kidding. Is ASU coming up on Friday or are they going back and forth the same day to save expenses?

From the way the players talk in that article, they will go up the night before (i.e. references to staying in the same hotel, etc.)

I know that most of the administration surrounding the team is going up Friday afternoon.

But then again... I dunno. xconfusedx

Bam
December 2nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
You guys act as if ASU didn't earn those home playoff games.

ASU has earn it, no doubt. xnodx I have made the trip (twice) from Richmond KY to Richmond VA & a change of scenery for the fellas may be a good thing or not. My stays in VA were nice, but the ride home was long. xbawlingx

elon77
December 2nd, 2009, 01:31 PM
xsmiley_wix

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/dec/02/mountaineers-prepare-for-new-experience/sports-college-football/

Me to Cortez, me too.

AppAlum2003
December 2nd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Let's quit with the Cortez-bashing here... we want honest answers from athletes but then if what they say is not "rah-rah," we bash them.

It's like Brian Urlacher's recent comments about the Bears struggles. Everyone is Chicago is freaking out and bashing Urlacher because he criticized a few things... but nothing he said was incorrect. They flat out stink this year.

Cortez was just expressing his opinion - he'd rather sleep in his own bed. So what? I appreciate his honesty.

elon77
December 2nd, 2009, 01:36 PM

I wonder if they lose if they will be able to say, YES WE DID LOSE BUT WE DID GET TO STAY IN A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS.xlolx

elon77
December 2nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Let's quit with the Cortez-bashing here... we want honest answers from athletes but then if what they say is not "rah-rah," we bash them.

It's like Brian Urlacher's recent comments about the Bears struggles. Everyone is Chicago is freaking out and bashing Urlacher because he criticized a few things... but nothing he said was incorrect. They flat out stink this year.

Cortez was just expressing his opinion - he'd rather sleep in his own bed. So what? I appreciate his honesty.

I wasn't bashing him, I was just agreeing with him about playing Elon at home this weekend.

Bam
December 2nd, 2009, 01:40 PM

Agreed. He is must be like me, an old Metallica fan & James Hetfield said it best "Honesty is my only excuse".

whoanellie
December 2nd, 2009, 01:41 PM
all this rain coming down should make the UofR field a bit soft.... advantage the "R"
for App to advance AE must be a running threat.... dinking and dunking will not get it on either side of the ball but it will be a heavyweight fight no doubt

Bam
December 2nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
all this rain coming down should make the UofR field a bit soft.... advantage the "R"
for App to advance AE must be a running threat.... dinking and dunking will not get it on either side of the ball but it will be a heavyweight fight no doubt

Bam Cantori says low 40's with a 50% chance on rain.

ASUG8
December 2nd, 2009, 01:49 PM

Nellie -
Not a hijack per se, (and probably an unfair question) but you saw both teams this season - who are you picking?

ur2k
December 2nd, 2009, 02:06 PM

This!

rumor (that I am starting right now xrotatehx) has it that we are letting the grass grow extra long this week to make for a slower track.

biggie
December 2nd, 2009, 02:09 PM
Rain is normal this year, over 1/2 the games in rain this season, usually heavy rain.

SideLine Shooter
December 2nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Rain is normal this year, over 1/2 the games in rain this season, usually heavy rain.

and won them all!xnodx