PDA

View Full Version : VU-UNH-WMU-SIU

Silenoz
November 30th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Going along with the NC prediction thread, let's see the splits on who we think will survive the next 2 rounds

89Hen
November 30th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Was this supposed to be multiple choice?

Silenoz
November 30th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Was this supposed to be multiple choice?

No, but you raise a good point, this may confuse people

Hmm, wish I could edit titles to clarify that xoopsx

89Hen
November 30th, 2009, 01:00 PM
So this is who do you have in the finals out of each bracket? Gotcha. xthumbsupx

JMUNJ08
November 30th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I think the CAA has a pretty good shot here even with a VERY strong SIU...

wideright82
November 30th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I voted Villanova but I think the 3rd place CAA South team makes the most sense. History sucks.

UMass922
November 30th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Villanova.

WrenFGun
November 30th, 2009, 02:30 PM
HOLY UNH LOVE.

Tribe07
November 30th, 2009, 02:31 PM
WMU?

Husky4Life
November 30th, 2009, 02:43 PM
WMU?

that confused me too... "The College of William & Mary" isn't really common knowledge to his defense.

Silenoz
November 30th, 2009, 02:43 PM
WMU?
edit: ah, I see

Hoyadestroya85
November 30th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I voted for Villanova xhomerx

I'm picking from my heart but i think theres something special about this team (http://novafacts.blogspot.com/2009/11/football-why-this-team-is-special.html)

wideright82
November 30th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I voted for Villanova xhomerx

I'm picking from my heart but i think theres something special about this team (http://novafacts.blogspot.com/2009/11/football-why-this-team-is-special.html)

I agree. However..... I'm probably an even bigger homer than you xlolxxlolx

Wildcat80
November 30th, 2009, 03:24 PM
UNH was the only team to win on the road. Two in a row. on the road & over nova. Just do it!

Hoyadestroya85
November 30th, 2009, 03:36 PM
UNH was the only team to win on the road. Two in a row. on the road & over nova. Just do it!

Over the last 3 seasons Villanova may be the best home team of any in the country though.. Only JMU in 08 has beaten us at home since the last four games of the 06 season.

jlcharles
November 30th, 2009, 03:44 PM
And JMU needed a lucky bounce on a Hail Mary to win.

Tribe07
November 30th, 2009, 03:45 PM
edit: ah, I see

Maybe you can't change it because it's the thread title, but it's still listed as WMU. Should be W&M.

Silenoz
November 30th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I think a mod would have to change it

LeadBolt
November 30th, 2009, 04:37 PM
It seems that the closeness of the poll indicates how little actually separates these teams and anyone of them can take the next two games. Here's hoping for W&M, or WMU...

siuham
November 30th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Over the last 3 seasons Villanova may be the best home team of any in the country though.. Only JMU in 08 has beaten us at home since the last four games of the 06 season.

SIU can say the same barring playoffs. Did Nova have any home playoff games in those years?

Hoyadestroya85
November 30th, 2009, 04:54 PM
SIU can say the same barring playoffs. Did Nova have any home playoff games in those years.

This will be the third home playoff game in those years we're 2-0 so far, and I hate to get on my CAA high horse, but that was with a CAA South Schedule xpeacex

siuham
November 30th, 2009, 04:56 PM
This will be the third home playoff game in those years.. I hate to get on my CAA high horse, but that was with a CAA South Schedule xpeacex

xrolleyesx

So, yet again, because XXX team doesn't play in the CAA, their exact replica of a situation is worse.

WMTribe90
November 30th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Any of the four could make it to Chatty. Hard to beat the same team twice in one season (assuming the talent is close). So, I think VU beats UNH in the rematch. SIU's gotta be a slight favorite at home. If, the matchup is WM v VU, I'd go with WM just because fo the rematch factor as well. Revenge is a bitch.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2009, 05:10 PM
xrolleyesx

So, yet again, because XXX team doesn't play in the CAA, their exact replica of a situation is worse.

Last year the 3rd place CAA team won the N/C. That's why we should be the dog Saturday, our resume just isn't that great compared to the CAA teams. We'll give it our best and pray we can pull off the upset.

tribe_pride
November 30th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Houndawg - quit the crap. It was funny at first but has just gotten stupid. The Tribe posters have actually been realistic here. You are the one acting like an jackass.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Houndawg - quit the crap. It was funny at first but has just gotten stupid. The Tribe posters have actually been realistic here. You are the one acting like an jackass.

:D You'd deny a fella a little harmless fun?xlolx

xpeacex I don't have any beef with the Tribe, and besides, I'm not sayin' anything that wasn't said by your conference mates first.

Clearly, there is a significant faction that feels we are overrated, how else do you explain being #1 in two big polls, undefeated in FCS play, and getting chumped with the 3 seed? Shucks, playing the disrespect card is as old as football and I'd be surprised if the players weren't taking that position in these playoffs.

It could be huge if Nova and SIU both win.xnodx

UNH Fanboi
November 30th, 2009, 06:49 PM
FWIW, Sagarin has W&M as a 2 point favorite over SIU at SIU, so it's not that ridiculous to consider W&M a slight favorite in spite of SIU's seed and home field advantage.

siuham
November 30th, 2009, 07:50 PM
FWIW, Sagarin has W&M as a 2 point favorite over SIU at SIU, so it's not that ridiculous to consider W&M a slight favorite in spite of SIU's seed and home field advantage.

Nope, it's not ridiculous. People saying W&M will push SIU over like we did to EIU is.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2009, 08:00 PM

W&M a two point favorite at our place.xnodx

I still think we can pull off the upset if we get a couple of breaks.

Hoyadestroya85
November 30th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I'm very torn about who to root for in the W&M-SIU game... I know I'm supposed to root for The CAA, but i've been to far more SIU games than I have W&M games. I'd love to beat UNH and have the Dawgs come to the Main Line.

Saluki09
November 30th, 2009, 09:04 PM
This will be the third home playoff game in those years we're 2-0 so far, and I hate to get on my CAA high horse, but that was with a CAA South Schedule xpeacex

CAA South schedule has nothing to do with a 2-0 home playoff record against Colgate and Holy Cross. Not saying SIU has anything to brag about at 3-2 at home in the playoffs in that time, but still... we faced EIU twice, Umass, Joe Flacco's Delaware, and a UNH team that is very used to traveling in the playoffs by now.

tribe_pride
November 30th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Since we are talking about lines, according to someone on the caazone site

[from 5dimes]

SIU -2.5 O/U 41.5
Montana -8.5 O/U 59.5
Richmond -7 O/U 51.5
Villanova -11 O/U 49.5

Surprised to see the Nova favored by that much. Would definitely take UNH (they may or may not win but I think it'll be closer than 11.

Also surprised to see Richmond favored by that much. They have had a knack of winning close ones this year. Would take the points for App. St (not sure if they win but I think this will be under a 7 point game.

Don't know enough about SFA to comment on that game.

Hope the Tribe covers (and wins) but you never know and I think that it'll be under a 7 point game.

Hoyadestroya85
November 30th, 2009, 09:19 PM
CAA South schedule has nothing to do with a 2-0 home playoff record against Colgate and Holy Cross. Not saying SIU has anything to brag about at 3-2 at home in the playoffs in that time, but still... we faced EIU twice, Umass, Joe Flacco's Delaware, and a UNH team that is very used to traveling in the playoffs by now.

Of those three wins though wouldn't you concur that the Massachusetts win is the only one worth bragging about? EIU is about the equivalent of Colgate last year (maybe a little worse.) And Villanova has only lost one home game period dating back to the last four games of the '06 season and it was to then number one JMU from a lucky bounce on a Hail Mary.

SpidersSportsEditor
November 30th, 2009, 09:28 PM
W&M and Nova are loaded. I don't know much about SIU, but they will have to be on their game to score significant points on the W&M defense. For some reason, I like W&M in the rematch with Nova, although I think they are very evenly matched, even though the last result doesnt reflect that.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Of those three wins though wouldn't you concur that the Massachusetts win is the only one worth bragging about? EIU is about the equivalent of Colgate last year (maybe a little worse.) And Villanova has only lost one home game period dating back to the last four games of the '06 season and it was to then number one JMU from a lucky bounce on a Hail Mary.

I don't think the UMass game was a big bragging game either, to be honest, I was there and I wasn't overly impressed by them, a tad slow. The game wasn't as close as the score, Coen had a lot of "quiet" yards. UNH impressed me last year with their ability to make points while being held to one offensive TD. I think they can beat you again, they seem to be peaking at the right time.

Hoyadestroya85
November 30th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I think The 'Nova-UNH game is a push with the slight advantage going to the Home team.. I wouldn't read too much into Villanova's defensive performance last week either, Randolph had the quickest release I've ever seen from a quarterback playing against Villanova (quicker than Flacco) he was also quick to diagnose a play. I personally think UNH will be tired from all the traveling they'll have done in the last week (to La., back from La. and a seven hour bus ride (could be more if they hit traffic) to Villanova. I don't know of many people who can do that much traveling and not be absolutely gassed. It all depends on who comes out with more energy and I have a feeling that Villanova is going to be pissed, not only from losing to UNH earlier in the season but also the fact that the defense gave up a lot of yards and tied their season high points allowed last week against Holy Cross.