TexasTerror
November 29th, 2009, 06:48 PM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 41-22 (16-12 SLC)
Total: 127-58 (49-34 SLC)

Lone game this week...

Stephen F. Austin @ Montana - Well, we know how Missoula translates to the Southland Conference in the playoffs. At the very least, we avoided this to the quarterfinals. With Montana coming off a game in which their fans are still trying to make sense of exactly what happened, the Griz should perform better. How better can they perform?

Not sure and I know that they will be hard-pressed to come back against SFA if the Jacks put up a same lead. Of course, Moses can be Moses and just start throwing picks left and right. Hard to do anything, but MONTANA

JohnStOnge
November 29th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I didn't think SFA had a snowball's chance against EWU so I'm not making a prediction. I'm just glad the Lumberjacks won to kind of counter balance the embarassment McNeese inflicted upon the conference.

McNeese72
November 29th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I didn't think SFA had a snowball's chance against EWU so I'm not making a prediction. I'm just glad the Lumberjacks won to kind of counter balance the embarassment McNeese inflicted upon the conference.

You sound like Barack Obama giving a speech overseas.

Doc

WyomingGrizFan
December 1st, 2009, 02:52 AM
Well, I'd have to admit that the refereeing for the UM - SDSU game was pretty impressive. There was only one really tough call and that was on a TD but, for comparison sake, the Southland Conference referees handling the game were pretty damn good in all aspects, compared to all other games I've seen in a number of years as well. At least that's one thing you have to your credit there Southland; pretty good refereeing. You Southland Conference fans may not think so but compared to Big Sky referees they were a godsent. They weren't the egoists trying to grab attention from the teams playing to ballyhoo themselves like some BSC refs do, like some I recently saw down in Pocatello. I thank you. They let the teams play it out on the field as unbiased as possible. The way it should be. They all came together at times and had their discussions to make sure that what was called/flagged was proper and unmistaken, a good way of doing things.

Jack99
December 1st, 2009, 06:44 AM
28-30 sfa wins and shocks the griz. This is like the '95 jacks walking into the 12-0 app st team and leaving with a slim win

GeauxLions94
December 1st, 2009, 02:03 PM
I didn't think SFA had a shot against Eastern Washington and wasn't all that impressed with them until their xasswhipx they laid on us a few weeks ago.

Sure, a lot will depend on which Jeremy Moses shows up, but they're playing well and should be ready for Missoula.

I was really impressed with the comeback by Montana (had them written off heading into the fourth quarter). That said, the Griz cannot let last week's performance happen again because I think SFA has too much firepower.

I'll say upset as SFA will win a close one in Missoula.

txstatebobcat
December 1st, 2009, 02:07 PM
IMO it all depends on how the jacks handle that Montana crowd. I know it affected the bobcats quite a bit last year. If SFA handle the crowd they should win this game.

GrizNzonecrazy
December 1st, 2009, 03:23 PM
28-30 sfa wins and shocks the griz. This is like the '95 jacks walking into the 12-0 app st team and leaving with a slim win

No this game will resemble the 95 game in Missoula more than the 95 game vs App.....weather is going to be the same.....should be well below 30 with a good chance of wind and snow.....not to mention the 3200 feet of elevation. The SLC has never won is Missoula and never will.....you southern boys cant handle the very thin very cold and blowing air we have up here in december.....better luck next year....

GO GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

montanafan
December 1st, 2009, 03:30 PM
No this game will resemble the 95 game in Missoula more than the 95 game vs App.....weather is going to be the same.....should be well below 30 with a good chance of wind and snow.....not to mention the 3200 feet of elevation. The SLC has never won is Missoula and never will.....you southern boys cant handle the very thin very cold and blowing air we have up here in december.....better luck next year....

GO GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missoula valley floor is actually 3400 feet (+/- 50 feet). The "M" is about 1000 feet above the stadium and most of the mountain tops surrounding Missoula range from 5200 feet to over 9500 feet.

Dallas Demon
December 1st, 2009, 07:38 PM
The extreme cold is a shocker for a southern team and will make a huge difference. I think SFA could win this one if played in warmer weather, but Montana will win this playing at home in the cold.

GrizNzonecrazy
December 1st, 2009, 07:43 PM
The extreme cold is a shocker for a southern team and will make a huge difference. I think SFA could win this one if played in warmer weather, but Montana will win this playing at home in the cold.

Updated local weather report says mid 20's at gametime with 10+ mph winds and 40%chance of snow...........HAHAHAHA this one wont even be close

McNeese75
December 1st, 2009, 10:40 PM
I don't think the weather or the elevation are going to be the determining factor this week. The Jacks will be pumped up and all comfy in their UA Coldgear. The wind will not effect most of the passes Moses throws (most of them are shorter passes).

The come back by the Griz last week was impressive and shows you have to play all 60 minutes to have a chance.

If the Jacks avoid picks or putting the ball on the carpet I think this is going to be a good game. If the Griz are looking past this game and forward to App or Richmond the next week, well they could be watching that game on TV with me xlolx

Spiderbone
December 1st, 2009, 10:43 PM
Updated local weather report says mid 20's at gametime with 10+ mph winds and 40%chance of snow...........HAHAHAHA this one wont even be close

that's the same weather prediction for the UR/APPY gamexthumbsupx

DG Cowboy
December 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Well, I'd have to admit that the refereeing for the UM - SDSU game was pretty impressive. There was only one really tough call and that was on a TD but, for comparison sake, the Southland Conference referees handling the game were pretty damn good in all aspects, compared to all other games I've seen in a number of years as well. At least that's one thing you have to your credit there Southland; pretty good refereeing. You Southland Conference fans may not think so but compared to Big Sky referees they were a godsent. They weren't the egoists trying to grab attention from the teams playing to ballyhoo themselves like some BSC refs do, like some I recently saw down in Pocatello. I thank you. They let the teams play it out on the field as unbiased as possible. The way it should be. They all came together at times and had their discussions to make sure that what was called/flagged was proper and unmistaken, a good way of doing things.

That bunch of refs never makes it to Lake Charles unless they had some newbies in tow to train, as in if you look upward after a TD, point a finger to heaven to thank the Lord, and smile, you are taunting. Good training like that.

GrizNzonecrazy
December 2nd, 2009, 03:46 PM
That bunch of refs never makes it to Lake Charles unless they had some newbies in tow to train, as in if you look upward after a TD, point a finger to heaven to thank the Lord, and smile, you are taunting. Good training like that.

WyomingGrizFan had his head burried in his a$$ for the entire game saturday if he thought the officiating was good.....i have watched the game twice on TV on my dvr since i saw it at the stadium and it was a pathetic showing for the men in stripes.....it was bad live and it was even worse when i got to watch the game on TV......

09griz
December 2nd, 2009, 03:57 PM
How do you guys handle cold weather down there in Huntsville? Presuming you left Wednesday it was 50 degrees down there, whereas in Missoula on Saturday it is slated to be about 25.

09griz
December 2nd, 2009, 03:59 PM
The come back by the Griz last week was impressive and shows you have to play all 60 minutes to have a chance.

Good point. I guess the ****ty part of this is that I will always be left wondering what might have happened if we would have played all 60...xoopsx

McNeese72
December 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
How do you guys handle cold weather down there in Huntsville? Presuming you left Wednesday it was 50 degrees down there, whereas in Missoula on Saturday it is slated to be about 25.

Huntsville???? If you are talking to the SFA fans, they are from "Naconowhere".
Huntsville is Sam Houston.

Doc

DG Cowboy
December 2nd, 2009, 04:29 PM
The SFA defense is the key. If they hold the Griz to 31, SFA wins. Regardless, I think J.C. Hatcher's guys play their hearts out.

84Griz
December 2nd, 2009, 04:33 PM

Let's make one thing perfectly clear, mid 20's at game time does not come close to qualifying as "extreme cold". Most of us Montana's just switch from short's to jeans when it get's to the 30's and add a sweatshirt in the 20's, and that is no lie. I have been to my kid's baseball and soccer games in May (as late as Memorial Day weekend) when it is snowing here.xsmiley_wixxsmiley_wix

McNeese75
December 2nd, 2009, 09:02 PM

xlolx Now you did it. If you want to stir the pot just keep telling Jack fans they are from Huntsville. I guess it would be similar to saying Griz fans are from Bozeman.

WyomingGrizFan
December 3rd, 2009, 02:42 AM
WyomingGrizFan had his head burried in his a$$ for the entire game saturday if he thought the officiating was good.....i have watched the game twice on TV on my dvr since i saw it at the stadium and it was a pathetic showing for the men in stripes.....it was bad live and it was even worse when i got to watch the game on TV......

Well, they still seemed a hell of a lot better than many a BSC refereed game; say, for instance, that most recent game in Pocatello. Granted, if you don't see it you can't call it, but, to go ahead and make things up?

GrizNzonecrazy
December 3rd, 2009, 11:24 AM
Well, they still seemed a hell of a lot better than many a BSC referred game; say, for instance, that most recent game in Pocatello. Granted, if you don't see it you can't call it, but, to go ahead and make things up?

yeah the phantom block in the back on MM's punt return TD was pretty bad......though an offensive pass interference call on a 3 yard hitch route was pretty bad against SDSU.....not to mention the 2 or 3 no calls on horsecollars and then they turn around and call one on us......and the SDSU touchdown that was a good 4 or 5 inches OB was lame as well.....

putter
December 3rd, 2009, 12:33 PM
This will be a good game. The Griz have faced pass-happy teams all year both in and out of conference so SFA will be nothing new, the no-huddle up-tempo will be. I think Montana will do the typical bend but don't break. A lot of the teams move the ball on the Griz but inside the 20, with no long field, they get stopped. The crowd will be a factor and the cold when sitting on the sidelines. I have lived in Montana all my life and it takes me a couple of weeks getting used to the temps when they start getting below 20. Heck it is 11:30 am and still below zero here (-3*)

Griz, 34-24

WyomingGrizFan
December 3rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
yeah the phantom block in the back on MM's punt return TD was pretty bad......though an offensive pass interference call on a 3 yard hitch route was pretty bad against The Griz (plus another OPI earlier in the game)...and the SDSU touchdown that was a good 4 or 5 inches OB was lame as well.....

Yeah, that TD was pretty close but I can see the reasoning on it though. From the replays shown it appeared that the SDSU receiver came down with the padding of his foot near his toes touching the ground before the edge of his shoe came close to the out-of-bounds line; touching it as it seemed. In other words, if the SDSU receiver was stretched out to receive the pass then I'd call him out-of-bounds, since then the front of his foot hit the line, seemingly, as he would of came down planting his foot. But the ruling seemed to take into consideration that he was in stride, hence the ball of his foot landed first before the tip of his shoe hit the out of bounds line. And I think the replay confirmed that pretty well. So I have no argument over that ruling. It was a split second sort of deal judgement call by the ref, but I don't see him landing 4 or 5 inches OB. I think that's hyberbole.