PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 TV/Webcast's Coverage

UNHFan
November 29th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Lets keep this thread going again. Worked out great last time. Please post anything you hear. Rumors are good also.

Purple7
November 29th, 2009, 10:38 AM
All of the quarterfinals are available via ESPN Game Plan and ESPN360.com. So, at least I can watch the 360 games on the internet. Does anyone know why several sources listed the Holy Cross/Villanova game and the Weber St/W&M game as both being available with video but neither had video come gameday? (This included the school's sites with video links)

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 29th, 2009, 10:48 AM
All of the quarterfinals are available via ESPN Game Plan and ESPN360.com. So, at least I can watch the 360 games on the internet. Does anyone know why several sources listed the Holy Cross/Villanova game and the Weber St/W&M game as both being available with video but neither had video come gameday? (This included the school's sites with video links)

I watched some of the WM feed yesterday, it was good.

I have no idea why Villanova was not available

Purple7
November 29th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Thanks...everytime I tried the W&M feed...it came up with a Stanford women's soccer game or something like that and I could never locate the W&M game. I must have given up too early.

UNHFan
November 30th, 2009, 09:44 AM
any updates people?? So far we have 360 so thats good What about regular ESPN Chan's any updates?

ThompsonThe
November 30th, 2009, 09:50 AM
This is pitiful that the only NCAA football playoff series has to come down to hit and miss on seeing or even hearing the games.

Do you have to sign up for ESPN 360 ahead of time and pay for it?
Does anyone have the link?

biggie
November 30th, 2009, 10:41 AM
ESPN360 is free if your ISP is included in their group.

http://ESPN360.com

The games are available to be picked up by local stations, hopefully we'll here more on those later in the week.

UNHWildCats
November 30th, 2009, 11:04 AM
ESPN360 is free if your ISP is included in their group.

http://ESPN360.com

The games are available to be picked up by local stations, hopefully we'll here more on those later in the week.
what sucks is 2 of the nations largest providers, Cablevision and Time Warner refuse to carry 360 UGH!

AtlantaMountaineer
November 30th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I have AT&T DSL. Signed up with ESPN360 last night and its free.

UNHFan
November 30th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I like ESPN360 but can you have to games open at ounce?

GannonFan
November 30th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I like ESPN360 but can you have to games open at ounce?

Open two separate windows and try that. Performance may suffer, but it should work. I have 360 and I've never had a problem with it - decent broadcast.

GoneTribal
November 30th, 2009, 01:05 PM
what sucks is 2 of the nations largest providers, Cablevision and Time Warner refuse to carry 360 UGH!

yeah, I have TWC and can't get 360. Is there anything I can do to get it?

Uncle Buck
November 30th, 2009, 01:07 PM

Tell me about it xmadx

F'ing Cablevision. If they had Fios in my area i would switch yesterday!

WSBE
November 30th, 2009, 01:16 PM
...getting real local here.....assuming the UNH-Nova game is only availble on ESPN Gameplan....has anyone heard about any sports bars in Portsmouth or Durham picking the game up? maybe through Satellite? Comcast (our local provider) does not offer Gameplan to your house

UNH Fanboi
November 30th, 2009, 05:32 PM

This is pathetic, but last year I watched the UNH-UNI game in my office because my apartment had Time Warner and my office had AT&T.

If you are tech savy and have a friend who's computer has access to ESPN360, there's probably a way to connect to his computer and watch it. The mechanics of that are over my head though.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 30th, 2009, 06:09 PM
...getting real local here.....assuming the UNH-Nova game is only availble on ESPN Gameplan....has anyone heard about any sports bars in Portsmouth or Durham picking the game up? maybe through Satellite? Comcast (our local provider) does not offer Gameplan to your house

I would try The Page in Portsmouth, if anyone has it they will.

UNHFan
November 30th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I would try The Page in Portsmouth, if anyone has it they will.

Just called the Page they didnt get GamePlan this year :(

WSBE
November 30th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Just called the Page they didnt get GamePlan this year :(

The good news is that they told you they "didn't get it this year"....which indicates that they COULD get it if they wanted to, which indicates that some establishment DID get it because they wanted to! I double checked - it is impossible for me as a resident to get it, even if I paid for it...it simply isn't availble through Comcast. So I will call Paddys tomorrow....I know that they carried the UNH-BU hockey game when it wasn't on Comcast.....but I can't remember if that was because it was on ESPNU ir ESPN Gameplan. By the way..."The Page", short for "Sports Page" with so many freakin flat screen TVs that the original owners went belly up - doesn't order ESPN Gameplan by choice?? what, are you kidding me?

UNH Fanboi
November 30th, 2009, 11:46 PM
The good news is that they told you they "didn't get it this year"....which indicates that they COULD get it if they wanted to, which indicates that some establishment DID get it because they wanted to! I double checked - it is impossible for me as a resident to get it, even if I paid for it...it simply isn't availble through Comcast. So I will call Paddys tomorrow....I know that they carried the UNH-BU hockey game when it wasn't on Comcast.....but I can't remember if that was because it was on ESPNU ir ESPN Gameplan. By the way..."The Page", short for "Sports Page" with so many freakin flat screen TVs that the original owners went belly up - doesn't order ESPN Gameplan by choice?? what, are you kidding me?

Do you not get the internet through Comcast, cause if you do you can watch the game online on ESPN360.

cougarpines
December 1st, 2009, 05:22 AM
I bought ESPN game plan for the weekend last year and can do the same this year.

http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Programming/sports/SportsPackages.html

gn54549
December 1st, 2009, 10:01 AM

espn360 is available on any college campus, so if you have a laptop and can make it to your nearest college (or maybe community college, not sure) you could watch it on their wireless network

of course, unless you live right beside a college campus, it's probably easier just to find a bar that has espn gameplan!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2009, 11:07 AM
In my sites that list TV games, the SFA/Montana game is showing the possibility that the game will also be carried by Altitude TV. I believe that's carried by DirecTV and other cable carriers. Something that bears watching.

WSBE
December 1st, 2009, 11:33 AM
To make matters worse..."Paddys" in Portsmouth has also confirmed they don't get ESPN Gameplan. What a joke.....so far, no place to watch the game...I guess I'll be watching this on my laptop like a freak. This is the part of FCS football that really depresses me

Cougarpines...unfortunatley, that is not an option for us in New Hampshire. I just got off the phone with Comcast & they confirmed it is not possible for me to order ESPN Gameplan at any price because they don't even offer it in our region. There are few towns that offer it in New Hampshire & I checked most of them ...no sportsbars.

However...a potential breakthrough...I just called Libbys in Durham....they are supposedly "going back & forth" with ESPN & providers to get the game (even though Comcast told me it wasn't available through Direct TV or satellite either). I'm not sure how this is possible but the guy seemed determined to get the game for obvious reasons....he said to "call back Thursday"..I hope they don't just project the ESPN.360 on a screen & they really find a way to show the broadcast

UNHFan
December 1st, 2009, 12:31 PM
I have a friend in the TV Business he is going see if he can find a list of Commercial Bars with GamePlan

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2009, 12:34 PM
Too bad Comcast Sports Net NE couldn't pay to broadcast the game, seeing as it seems to be so difficult for NH fans to get Gameplan.

UNHWILDCATS05
December 1st, 2009, 01:05 PM
UNH fans in the northeast who are worried about missing the game on TV... Philly is not that far away... I know a guaranteed way to see the live action...xrulesxxthumbsupx The bigger UNH crowd the better xpeacex

UNH Fanboi
December 1st, 2009, 01:25 PM
UNH fans in the northeast who are worried about missing the game on TV... Philly is not that far away... I know a guaranteed way to see the live action...xrulesxxthumbsupx The bigger UNH crowd the better xpeacex

According to Google Maps:

Durham - 5:50
Boston - 5:00
Hartford - 3:30
NYC - 1:40

Sack it up and get in the car!

BarefootApp
December 1st, 2009, 01:46 PM
OK, I need help from the young'uns around here. At 60, I do pretty well on this here contraption. But, can I stream espn360 from my computer to my bigass TV? Thanks.

AppAlum2003
December 1st, 2009, 01:49 PM
OK, I need help from the young'uns around here. At 60, I do pretty well on this here contraption. But, can I stream espn360 from my computer to my bigass TV? Thanks.

Yes - there are a number of ways - the easiest being the S-video output from your laptop directly into your TV. There are a number of other connectors including DVI if your computer has the appropriate outputs on it's video card. DVI will give you a better picture quality, but isn't present on most "standard" video cards.

BarefootApp
December 1st, 2009, 01:52 PM
it isn't a laptop. Does that matter? It is a pc sitting neat my (bigass) tv.

BarefootApp
December 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM
near....sorry

WSBE
December 1st, 2009, 02:11 PM
....I wish but family requirements prevent me from doing so....this would be a no brainer pre or post child rearing years....especially when kids are not old enough to bring with. I would argue that a lot of sport fanatic UNH fans who have played for or followed this team in the 21 century are bewteen the ages of 20 & 40 & not single

holycrossC
December 1st, 2009, 02:14 PM
My cable company carries espn game plan as pay per view, I ordered it for the week of Dec 5th threw Dec 12. for $ 24.00 it consists of 5 channels so I think I can get all the games.

ThompsonThe
December 1st, 2009, 02:24 PM
No ESPN 360 for me since my internet provider does not get it.
This is so ridiculous.
2nd class citizens.
Just an afterthought as a bump on the $ss of the NCAA.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2009, 02:31 PM

My reasonably new Samsung flatscreen TV has a VGA monitor jack that I use for this purpose. You'll need a blue VGA cable, simply unplug your normal monitor, plug one end of the jack in the computer and the other in the output of the TV. The computer screen will then fill your TV. Sound will come from the computer - for that, you can connect PC speakers or a more sophisticated setup if so desired.

If your computer uses HDMI cables, I'm not sure but you might be able to do the same thing. You'd need this to get HD-quality output, though I'm not sure if the highest quality of ESPN360 is technically "HD Quality" (probably not).

Also, you can use an S-Video output as well, as someone else mentioned.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2009, 02:42 PM
....I wish but family requirements prevent me from doing so....this would be a no brainer pre or post child rearing years....especially when kids are not old enough to bring with. I would argue that a lot of sport fanatic UNH fans who have played for or followed this team in the 21 century are bewteen the ages of 20 & 40 & not single

Not it!

i'm not 100% sure what you mean;)

UNHWILDCATS05
December 1st, 2009, 02:58 PM

I know of no such age...

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs245.snc1/9222_162276396557_630676557_4051027_5204110_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs245.snc1/9222_173963036557_630676557_4184723_1224606_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs265.snc1/9222_173963121557_630676557_4184732_3064705_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs042.snc3/12932_197885081557_630676557_4418701_3329567_n.jpg

WSBE
December 1st, 2009, 02:59 PM
Not it!

i'm not 100% sure what you mean;)

my point is in response to UNHWILDCAT05 suggestion to drive to Philly for the game. what I was trying to say is that I would love to 5-10 years ago...but if you are in your 30s with wife & young kids & other committments..it's just not an option

WSBE
December 1st, 2009, 03:00 PM
OK...I just saw the pictures & you have me beat. You also have a very cool wife

UNHWILDCATS05
December 1st, 2009, 03:05 PM

xnodxxnodxxnodx

xlolxxlolxxlolx

Just giving you a hard time... trust me, I know all to well the difficulties traveling entails... heck, it is easy now as he is not mobile and he stays where you put him... I can imagine it will only get more difficult as he starts moving around...

Hope you get to see the game!!! I am with you with the ridiculousness at how difficult it is to catch playoff games at this level..

GO CATS!!!

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2009, 03:05 PM
my point is in response to UNHWILDCAT05 suggestion to drive to Philly for the game. what I was trying to say is that I would love to 5-10 years ago...but if you are in your 30s with wife & young kids & other committments..it's just not an option

I know at times that life gets in the way of our fun....stupid billsxnonono2x

Just the way you worded it I was unsure if I fell into the ages or not. (I think I'm older:()

I hope you can find a sports bar that's got it.

montanafan
December 1st, 2009, 03:35 PM
In my sites that list TV games, the SFA/Montana game is showing the possibility that the game will also be carried by Altitude TV. I believe that's carried by DirecTV and other cable carriers. Something that bears watching.

Confirmed. Altitude TV will be covering the SFA/Montana Game.

Here is the link to thier web site to see if your local carrier will show the game.

http://www.altitude.tv/WhatsOn/default.aspx

Altitude on Dish Network, nationwide: Channel 410
Altitude on DirecTV will now be channel 681, ALT2 will be 682, and Altitude HD will now be channel 681-1

WSBE
December 1st, 2009, 03:51 PM
I know at times that life gets in the way of our fun....stupid billsxnonono2x

Just the way you worded it I was unsure if I fell into the ages or not. (I think I'm older:()

I hope you can find a sports bar that's got it.

trust me guys...I've been on the fence whether to "just do it" & make my way to Philly!! But I think reality will set in & I will find a place or project it on the wall. I really can't wait for this game. We haven't talked about it much but it would have to be the biggest win in UNH football history...the first ever final 4. I'm probably off the topic of this thread by now...

BarefootApp
December 1st, 2009, 04:28 PM
Lehigh Football Nation: THANK YOU. Keep your fingers crossed.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2009, 05:15 PM

It's easy for her....both her son and husband are still in diapersxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlo lxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx
xlolxxlolxxlolx

aaahhhhZINGxazzx

ok back to the tv coveragexrulesx

bodoyle
December 1st, 2009, 05:45 PM
I have an account on 360. If someone wants to use it, let me know. Not sure if it will work with a different ISP though.

sl61
December 1st, 2009, 06:42 PM
I will be in New York City this weekend. Does anybody know of a bar in Manhattan that has ESPN 360 and could be talked into the Montana/SFA game.

Thanks in advance.

UNH Fanboi
December 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2009-10/releases/20091201k7jyfw

DURHAM, N.H.-- The University of New Hampshire NCAA Division I Championship quarterfinal football game being played at No. 2 Villanova on Sat., Dec. 5, will be carried live on Comcast SportsNet New England. Game time is 3:30 p.m. ....

Old Cat Fan
December 1st, 2009, 10:44 PM
Thank you Fanboi, thats the news I been waiting for. Thanks to Comcast New England for picking up the game they are true FCS supporters

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2009, 10:51 PM
Great news about Comcast Sports Net NE!

Add to that the news that MASN will broadcast both the W&M and UR games live, and you have local TV coverage of all four quarterfinals! AWESOME!!!!!!

Spiderbone
December 1st, 2009, 10:53 PM
No ESPN 360 for me since my internet provider does not get it.
This is so ridiculous.
2nd class citizens.
Just an afterthought as a bump on the $ss of the NCAA.

check out comcast or Mid atlantic sports network if you get it, UR/APPY game is being broadcast fo free by their networks, also rumors that direct TV will have it.

Gordon Shumway
December 2nd, 2009, 06:48 AM
It looks like the regional sports networks have picked up all four of the games. If you have DirecTV, just sign up for the Sports Pack if you don't already have it, and you will get all the games. It only costs like $10/month, and is about the only way to see any FCS football or college hockey during the seasons. I got to see three UNH games here in Florida this year on DirecTV, and now will be able to watch the playoff game.xprost2x

NHwildEcat
December 2nd, 2009, 07:19 AM
I will be in New York City this weekend. Does anybody know of a bar in Manhattan that has ESPN 360 and could be talked into the Montana/SFA game.

Thanks in advance.

ESPN Zone might be a place to start.

JMU1992
December 2nd, 2009, 09:21 AM
My reasonably new Samsung flatscreen TV has a VGA monitor jack that I use for this purpose. You'll need a blue VGA cable, simply unplug your normal monitor, plug one end of the jack in the computer and the other in the output of the TV. The computer screen will then fill your TV. Sound will come from the computer - for that, you can connect PC speakers or a more sophisticated setup if so desired.

If your computer uses HDMI cables, I'm not sure but you might be able to do the same thing. You'd need this to get HD-quality output, though I'm not sure if the highest quality of ESPN360 is technically "HD Quality" (probably not).

Also, you can use an S-Video output as well, as someone else mentioned.

these would be your connections in order of preference depending on what type of connections your tv and computer have.

1. HDMI
2. VGA
3. S-video

Ronbo
December 3rd, 2009, 09:21 AM
Wednesday, 12/2/2009 Updated: 12/2/2009 6:08 PM

The NCAA Football Championship Subdivision quarterfinal football game featuring The University of Montana Grizzlies and the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks, Saturday, Dec. 5, will be televised by several entities.

The contest in UM’s Washington-Grizzly Stadium at John Hoyt Field begins at 12:04 p.m. (MT).

It will be televised on ESPN Game Plan, with Doug Bell calling the play-by-play and Jon Richie providing color commentary.

It will also be aired on Altitude Sports & Entertainment (channel 410 on Dish Network and channel 681 on DirecTV) and in Montana on the CW networks located in Missoula, Butte-Bozeman, Billings, Glendive and Great Falls.

The game is also available free of charge online from ESPN360.com to subscribers of certain internet providers.

GoneTribal
December 3rd, 2009, 09:37 PM
fwiw, TWC Carolinas now has the FCS games listed under their GamePlan channels (W&M SIU channel 551 or 581)

Dblue
December 4th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I can confirn both William & Mary and Richmond games will be on Comcast in Northern Delaware, it's on the Comcast guide now. Still no sign of the Nova game. Looks like Nova/UNH and Montana/SFA on my laptop with ESPN360.

cougarpines
December 4th, 2009, 01:54 PM
trust me guys...I've been on the fence whether to "just do it" & make my way to Philly!! But I think reality will set in & I will find a place or project it on the wall. I really can't wait for this game. We haven't talked about it much but it would have to be the biggest win in UNH football history...the first ever final 4. I'm probably off the topic of this thread by now...

Prabably don't need to go that far south.

Gordon Shumway
December 4th, 2009, 04:21 PM
DirecTV Guides are now updated as follows:

12:00PM MASNHD 640 W&M @ SIU
2:00PM ALTHD 681 SFA @ Montana
3:30PM CSNEHD 630 UNH @ Villanova
7:00PM MASNHD 640 App State @ Richmond

All are also obviously available on the non-HD feeds.

seattlespider
December 4th, 2009, 04:26 PM
DirecTV Guides are now updated as follows:

12:00PM MASNHD 640 W&M @ SIU
2:00PM ALTHD 681 SFA @ Montana
3:30PM CSNEHD 630 UNH @ Villanova
7:00PM MASNHD 640 App State @ Richmond

All are also obviously available on the non-HD feeds.

Thanks Gordon! xthumbsupx