PDA

View Full Version : Sportsnetwork.com 1st round previews

kdinva
November 27th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Sportsnetwork.com (http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4269492) 1st round previews............they like Elon and S. Dakota St. w/road wins.

grizzpaw
November 27th, 2009, 09:25 AM
kiss of death!

89Hen
November 27th, 2009, 09:35 AM
What's funny is all the scores are basically the same and all fairly close. There WILL be a couple blowouts. VU > HC and SIU > EIU should not be close at all and I'd bet there will be at least one other game with a 15+ margin.

AppAlum2003
November 27th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I miss the old Director of TSN, Matt Doughtery(sp?)

Poker Alan
November 27th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I miss the old Direction of TSN, Matt Doughtery(sp?)

xthumbsupx

sharkeycox
November 27th, 2009, 10:00 AM

Yeah it was nice when the did not have a blatant homerxsmiley_wix

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2009, 10:38 AM
What's funny is all the scores are basically the same and all fairly close. There WILL be a couple blowouts. VU > HC and SIU > EIU should not be close at all and I'd bet there will be at least one other game with a 15+ margin.

E. WASH/S.F. AUSTIN= BASKETBALL ON GRASS

SOMEONE WILL WIN....WHO ISN'T EXPECTED...USUALLY GOOD FO' AN' UPSET O' TWO.......AWK!!

blukeys
November 27th, 2009, 10:39 AM
I liked Tony Moss as well.

technocat
November 27th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Wow, all three big sky teams losing????

No BSC hating going on there...

SpidersSportsEditor
November 27th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I only read the App St and Richmond previews and both seemed to be coming out of nowhere. Richmond's run-dominated offense? Ward hasn't been as consistent this year as last year? Must not have been watching the same Richmond team I've been watching all year.

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I only read the App St and Richmond previews and both seemed to be coming out of nowhere. Richmond's run-dominated offense? Ward hasn't been as consistent this year as last year? Must not have been watching the same Richmond team I've been watching all year.

AH CONCUR.....WHIFF DUH RECEIVIN' FIRM..O' GRAYSON,BOSTON & GRAY....HARDLY ONE DIMENSIONAL....;)...AWK!

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2009, 12:08 PM

xthumbsupx

Grrrrriz
November 27th, 2009, 01:31 PM

Yeah, it doesn't seem like he actually paid much attention to a few of these teams. Which is weird, since the ones he didn't pay attention to were in the top 5 all season.

MacThor
November 27th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Ah, TSN. Isn't that the home of Dave "The 2008 Spiders don't belong in the playoffs" Coulson?

Oh, and I love this dig, "However, after an early exit in last year's playoffs due primarily to the knee and hip injuries suffered by Edwards"...yeah, Richmond had nothing to do with it really.

AppAlum2003
November 27th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Ah, TSN. Isn't that the home of Dave "The 2008 Spiders don't belong in the playoffs" Coulson?

Oh, and I love this dig, "However, after an early exit in last year's playoffs due primarily to the knee and hip injuries suffered by Edwards"...yeah, Richmond had nothing to do with it really.

Yeah... figured that would rub some of you spiders the wrong way when I read it. xreadx

Armanti was injured last year, but no excuses. The Spider D was amazing last year and kept pressure on AE all day. :(

MacThor
November 27th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah... figured that would rub some of you spiders the wrong way when I read it. xreadx

Armanti was injured last year, but no excuses. The Spider D was amazing last year and kept pressure on AE all day. :(

It's alright, TSN has shown no respect for the Spiders for two years. Picked them to lose in every round of the playoffs last year after the first. Always projects scores that are wayyyyy too high. (UR hasn't given up more than 28 all year and they're already spotting Elon 31).

Don't get me wrong, Elon can definitely win this game, but not by that score.

asknoquarter21
November 27th, 2009, 01:56 PM

Yea that seems a bit excessive. Although he wasn't the normal AE and it would have certainly made a difference I just don't know if us losing was 'primarily' because of that. 'In large part' would probably be more accurate.

kdinva
November 27th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I miss the old Director of TSN, Matt Doughtery(sp?)
me, too, a very right-down-the-middle writer.