PDA

View Full Version : 2009 MVFC all conference honors

SDSUJacks
November 26th, 2009, 02:41 AM
"The league's leading all-purpose yardage man -- RB Deji Karim of Southern Illinois -- has been named Missouri Valley Football Offensive Player of the Year in a vote of league coaches, media and sports information directors. Meanwhile, for just the second time in league history (1985-Mark Farley, UNI; James Houston-MSU) there are co-Defensive Players of the Year as DE James Ruffin of UNI and DE Danny Batten of South Dakota State share the league's top defensive honor. And Saluki head coach Dale Lennon joins six other previous league coaches to win the Bruce Craddock Coach of the Year award in back-to-back seasons."

http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39013&SPID=2899&DB_OEM_ID=7600&ATCLID=204840090

Congrats to Danny Batten, he was a stud this year!

Thumper 76
November 26th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Congrats to Danny Batten, he is a stud this year!

I fixed it for ya buddy xsmiley_wix He ain't done yet!xhurrayx

SDSUJacks
November 26th, 2009, 03:53 AM
I fixed it for ya buddy xsmiley_wix He ain't done yet!xhurrayx

Montana will soon find out xnodx

MplsBison
November 26th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Tough pick between Karim and Paschall for top RB.

ValleyChamp
November 26th, 2009, 04:23 AM

Not really, unless you are a bison fan.

If you have seen them both, Karim is better and plays on the #1 ranked team.

Kemo
November 26th, 2009, 04:24 AM
How good are the running backs in this league?!!! 4 of the top 10 running backs in the FCS (in terms of yards/game) come from the MVC: #1 (NDSU) Pat Paschell (139.70), #2 (SIU) Deji Karim (137.45), #5 (SDSU) Kyle Minnett (106.64), and #10 (WIU) Dre Gibbs (100.91).

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/national%20rankings/IAAindv.txt

THE HERD
November 26th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Not really, unless you are a bison fan.

If you have seen them both, Karim is better and plays on the #1 ranked team.

Both are great backs, so I don't think you can clearly say one is head and shoulders above the other. The difference is SIU actually had a passing game and NDSU did not......Paschally put his stats up against eight and nine in the box all year Karim did not.

MplsBison
November 26th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Both are great backs, so I don't think you can clearly say one is head and shoulders above the other. The difference is SIU actually had a passing game and NDSU did not......Paschally put his stats up against eight and nine in the box all year Karim did not.

Yep.

NDSU also had the best run-blocking OL in the conference.

I give the advantage to Paschall on pure running, overall may be a different story.

Too close to call in truth. xnodx

(unless you're a bitter UNI fan, home for thanksgiving! xlolx )

ValleyChamp
November 26th, 2009, 05:37 AM
I'm bitter because I think an SIU RB is better than the NDSU RB? xrolleyesx

Houndawg
November 26th, 2009, 07:00 AM
You're ValleyChamp, that means you are from SIU. SIU has great fans that do not get bitter. xthumbsupx

Nah, he's from UNI. Gonna change his name to "Valley Third Runner-up".xwhistlex

Houndawg
November 26th, 2009, 07:07 AM
NDSU v SIU:

PP - 150 yds (no TDs, long of 14 yds

Karim - 127 yds (one TD, 23 yds, long of 35 yds)

Stats are like bikinis bro, what they reveal is interesting, what they don't reveal is even more interesting.

Houndawg
November 26th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Yep.

I give the advantage to Paschall on pure running, overall may be a different story.

Which is why I'm a little surprised that he had no TDs and a long of only 14 yds against SIU. Seems like he pretty much ran where the blocking took him.

Houndawg
November 26th, 2009, 07:18 AM
He may be those things indeed. What matters is yards carrying the football on running plays.

What matters is winning football games.xnodx

Houndawg
November 26th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Valley Champ will be changing his name to Valley Third Runner-Up.xlolx

Houndawg
November 26th, 2009, 07:27 AM
PP's long was 91 yards, an NDSU record, against Wagner. Here's the record breaking run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM_Qn4FCdE4

Nice run

Houndawg
November 26th, 2009, 07:28 AM

Paschall is a very good back, but Karim is faster, stronger, a better receiver, and he can block too. Four TDs over 70 yds, several more over 40 yds, he can go the distance any time he touches the ball. PP didn't seem to break many big runs against good teams in spite of having arguably (somebody must have been blocking for DK) the best run blocking OL in the conference.

Houndawg
November 26th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Yep.

What was PPs long and who was it against?

MplsBison
November 26th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Paschall is a very good back, but Karim is faster, stronger, a better receiver, and he can block too. Four TDs over 70 yds, several more over 40 yds, he can go the distance any time he touches the ball. PP didn't seem to break many big runs against good teams in spite of having arguably (somebody must have been blocking for DK) the best run blocking OL in the conference.

He may be those things indeed. What matters is yards carrying the football on running plays.

MplsBison
November 26th, 2009, 08:16 AM

NDSU v SIU:

PP - 150 yds

Karim - 127 yds

stevdock
November 26th, 2009, 08:53 AM

PP's long was 91 yards, an NDSU record, against Wagner. Here's the record breaking run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM_Qn4FCdE4

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I'm bitter because I think an SIU RB is better than the NDSU RB? xrolleyesx

You're ValleyChamp, that means you are from SIU. SIU has great fans that do not get bitter. xthumbsupx

RowdyRabbit
November 26th, 2009, 10:09 AM
I'd say if it came down to Karim and Paschall, Karim got it because his team had more success.

Also, having seen both at CAS this year, Karim looked WAY better vs SDSU than Paschall did.

All Paschall did was stand on the sideline.

(I kid, I kid)

Houndawg
November 26th, 2009, 03:29 PM
The dates and post sequence are all screwed up in this thread.

ValleyChamp
November 27th, 2009, 11:31 AM

xconfusedx You have to be 15 years old.

MplsBison
November 27th, 2009, 11:51 AM
xconfusedx You have to be 15 years old.

He does have a point though, UNI is not the MVFC champ. They didn't even get second. And they're home for the playoffs.