PDA

View Full Version : Montana Griz on Hudson?

TexasTerror
November 25th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Griz fans,

What's your take on Mike Hudson and the job he has done for you guys in Missoula? We're obviously a bit familiar with him from his time in Huntsville, Texas a few years back and helping lead us to a win over the then-No. 1 Griz on our home field.

We got a guy that came out of the woodworks (used to be a big Hud backer the last go around) to show his support...

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10635

Thoughts?

BearIt
November 25th, 2009, 07:52 AM
At the risk of looking like a stupid Griz fan:

Who's Hudson? I can't say I've heard of him.

GrizFoo
November 25th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Hud has been doing a good job. He was with the Corners at first I believe. Not 100% sure where he is no, I think with the Corners still.

He is a pretty funny guy too. Did you ever talk to him?

Silenoz
November 25th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I honestly didn't know who he was until I read through our Yearbook this year

TexasTerror
November 25th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Who's Hudson? I can't say I've heard of him.

Was your associate head coach for four years...still a member on staff. Figured some Grizwalds would know who he was.

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/pages/bio.aspx?b=27792779277911116yes2779833755582223225 011&m=18

BearIt
November 25th, 2009, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=TexasTerror;1476787]Was your associate head coach for four years...still a member on staff. Figured some Grizwalds would know who he was.

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/pages/bio.aspx?b=27792779277911116yes2779833755582223225 011&m=18[/QUOTE

:o Stooopid Griz fan identified. Apologies for my ignorance.

Proud Griz Man
November 25th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Good coach. Fit in well with a cohesive coaching staff. It is always good to bring in guys with new ideas to supplement the current staff.

Green26
November 25th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Coach Hudson is a terrific guy and terrific coach. He's done very well at UM and is well-liked and respected by the players and coaches. Besides being associate head coach, he coached the cornerbacks when he arrived. Coach Hauck's brother Tim, who had played about 13 years as an NFL safety, was the coach of the safetys at that time. Hudson was moved to running backs coach for about two years when some coaches moved on, and did well there. When Tim Hauck left to go to UCLA (he's now the secondary coach of the Titans), Hudson was moved to secondary coach. He inherited three very good safetys, but, literally, no corners.

Between spring ball and the first week of fall practice, every single player listed on the roster as a corner transferred (2), quit (1 or 2) or got hurt and left the program (1). UM brought in 2 JC corners over the summer, and told a good receiver recruit that they needed him to shift to corner. The true frosh had played only receiver and a bit of safety in high school, but no corner. The frosh corner started the first game of the season last year at Cal Poly and drew Ramases Barden. He played very well his frosh year, including against Barden. The two JC played very well last year.

While there have been injuries for all three of those corners this year, they are still playing well. Trumaine Johnson, the true sophomore, was just named first team all-conference, despite missing two games due to injury. He was one of the first-team all american corners on the mid-season team posted on AGS. One of the JC corners made either second team or honorable mention corner. A true sophomore and another JC transfer have also started games at corner this year, due to injuries.

From afar, it looks like Hudson has done a terrific job in each of the jobs he's had at UM. He was asked, last year, to apply for the head coaching job at New Mexico
State (or NM), but wasn't selected. He's lost over 80 pounds in the past couple years, and is getting down to playing weight.

He's personable, loyal, knowledgeable, intensely competitive, and would like to be a head coach some day. He's originally from Texas. As you know, he was formerly the defensive coordinator at SHS. He played o-line in college. He's married with children.

He would be a terrific head coach for SHS.

grizzpaw
November 25th, 2009, 06:39 PM
mike hudson is a great person and coach, and it would a GREAT get by your program if you gave him a chancexnodxxhurrayxxprayx. but it will be hard to replace him!

Grizo406
November 26th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Mike was a great addition to the Griz staff, and I'm glad he's here!

His wife is as about as cool as they come! Talked to her, many times at practice, and she is a real gem!

The University of Montana is VERY lucky to have both of 'em!