PDA

View Full Version : CAA Predictions for Week 13 - 11/28/09

JMUNJ08
November 25th, 2009, 03:58 AM
UNH @ McNeese St.

Weber St. @ W&M

Elon @ UR

Holy Cross @ Nova

Will make my predictions tomorrow but want to get another busy holiday weekend for the CAA started early!

Can we go 4-0? xeekx we are the CAA after all....xnodx

sharkeycox
November 25th, 2009, 04:57 AM
McNeese over UNH

William and Mary over Weber

Elon upsets UR

Nova beats Holy Crossxthumbsupx

bostonspider
November 25th, 2009, 05:10 AM
I think all the home teams win

McNeese
W&M
UR
Villanova

WrenFGun
November 25th, 2009, 05:19 AM
UNH is like the bastard son of the CAA. Even the CAA South won't pick them to win.

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 05:39 AM
UNH is like the bastard son of the CAA. Even the CAA South won't pick them to win.

First guy is a JMU fan

WrenFGun
November 25th, 2009, 05:41 AM
First guy is a JMU fan

Heh, I know. But that Northeastern helmet is rubbing off on him...

93henfan
November 25th, 2009, 05:48 AM
UNH @ McNeese St.

Weber St. @ W&M

Elon @ UR

Holy Cross @ Nova

Will make my predictions tomorrow but want to get another busy holiday weekend for the CAA started early!

I'll second those picks. xthumbsupx

McNeese75
November 25th, 2009, 05:50 AM
UNH @ McNeese St.

Weber St. @ W&M

Elon @ UR

Holy Cross @ Nova

spdram
November 25th, 2009, 07:17 AM
I pick a CAA sweep the first week. I am concerned about UNH having to make the long trip, but they have shown more than capable in the past and believe they will again.

Good Luck CAA!

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2009, 07:55 AM
I pick a CAA sweep the first week. I am concerned about UNH having to make the long trip, but they have shown more than capable in the past and believe they will again.

Good Luck CAA!

not only the long trip, but I am sure things wont be routine down there, expect the unexpected NH

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 25th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Here goes:

UR by 17
Tribe by 21
Nova by 24
McNeese by 7

Dukie95
November 25th, 2009, 08:28 AM

Good Luck CAA!

Exactly. A CAA sweep. Any other team besides UNH traveling would give me pause, but that doesn't bother them.

Wildcat80
November 25th, 2009, 08:57 AM

Good Luck CAA!

Yeah...what he said. New Hampshire to travel and win. xnodxxnodx

If there's an upset its Holy Cross over nova. The Penn posters feel they'd win the rematch vs nova if the Ivy's were in the playoffs. Holy Cross has a better QB.;)

Tod
November 25th, 2009, 09:05 AM
UNH @ McNeese St.

Weber St. @ W&M

Elon @ UR

Holy Cross @ Nova

I'll second this. Weber would certainly be an upset, but I'm hoping that they show up with their A-game.

CAAisBOSS
November 25th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I'll second this. Weber would certainly be an upset, but I'm hoping that they show up with their A-game.

Their "A" game wouldnt beat the Tribe's "A" game.

crusader11
November 25th, 2009, 01:18 PM

If there's an upset its Holy Cross over nova. The Penn posters feel they'd win the rematch vs nova if the Ivy's were in the playoffs. Holy Cross has a better QB.;)

We'll see UNH in Worcester.

crusader11
November 25th, 2009, 01:37 PM

Yessir. Go ahead and overlook us and look towards the rematch vs. UNH, but we are no push-over!

bluehenbillk
November 25th, 2009, 07:13 PM
W&M wins big.

'Nova wins big.

UR wins in a squeaker.

UNH falls to McNeese

grizzpaw
November 25th, 2009, 07:18 PM
holy cross vs nova - mr crusader, i've seen holy cross and i've seen nova (both on tv & net) and sir hc is no nova! nova rests its starters in the 3rd quarter, nova by 28xnodx!

elon vs ur - if elon shows up its going to be a good game but in the end richmond is too strongxpeacex.

unh vs mcneese - this is going to to be a very good gamexthumbsupx! last team who has the ball winsxcoolx. i'm going with mcneese:).

weber state vs william & mary - best game of the four. weber shows up and up sets the tribe with a special teams playxthumbsupxxcoolx

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Yessir. Go ahead and overlook us and look towards the rematch vs. UNH, but we are no push-over!

You guys literally JUST lost to Bucknell. Apparently push over is too powerful a word.

That being said

UNH loses by 4 in a heartbreaker (28 - 24)

W&M beats Weber by 7 regardless of how "prolific" their offense is... (34 - 27)

Villanova beats Holy Cross in a very uninteresting game (45 - 14)

Richmond gets surprised by Elon but wins close in the end (21-20)

JMUNJ08
November 25th, 2009, 09:11 PM
UNH @ McNeese St.

Weber St. @ W&M

Elon @ UR

Holy Cross @ Nova

First guy is a JMU fan

Heh, I know. But that Northeastern helmet is rubbing off on him...

My picks are coming today guys! Just bolded the CAA teams in case someone lives under a rock...

putter
November 25th, 2009, 09:14 PM
You guys literally JUST lost to Bucknell. Apparently push over is too powerful a word.

That being said

UNH loses by 4 in a heartbreaker (28 - 24)

W&M beats Weber by 7 regardless of how "prolific" their offense is... (34 - 27)

Villanova beats Holy Cross in a very uninteresting game (45 - 14)

Richmond gets surprised by Elon but wins close in the end (21-20)

At least your prediction is realistic and not the "it will be a moral victory if Weber is within 17 points"...which could also happen.

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 09:15 PM
My picks are coming today guys! Just bolded the CAA teams in case someone lives under a rock...

that's what happens when I don't read xlolx

GoneTribal
November 25th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I'll give it a shot.

UNH 24 McNeese 17 - UNH is a strong team and doesn't let travel get in their way
Weber 17 W&M 34 - Tribe offense keeps Weber off the field with ball control, and Tribe D plays usual game to give Weber O fits. (Could be 34 - 24 is Tribe special teams kicks to Toone all day).
Holy Cross 10 Villanova 38 - Nova is just plain fantastic.
Elon 14 Richmond 28 - Richmond has squeeked by in a few this year, but it's playoff time, they are experienced, and they are damn good. Too much for Elon to overcome.

bias.....what bias? xsmiley_wix:p

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 09:17 PM
At least your prediction is realistic and not the "it will be a moral victory if Weber is within 17 points"...which could also happen.

I can just as easilly see Weber winning it. W&M had a tough time getting in the endzone against teams this year and beat them with their defense. My score prediction, in hind sight, may be a bit over zealous and homerish. However, I didn't see Weber being held to under 20. Could just as easilly be 24-17 W&M or 34 - 24 weber.

My ridiculous predictions regarding this game can be found on a different site. xlolx

WrenFGun
November 25th, 2009, 09:18 PM
that's what happens when I don't read xlolx

See! IN a CAA THREAD, the current results are McNeese State 8, UNH 4. WHERE IS THE LOVE? Is McNeese State's 3 point win over Henderson State after being down by 18 what's selling you? The 1 point win over SELA? 4 over UCA? Maybe it's the 3 point win over Texas State?

I think the teams are very equal but for all the ECB and CAA Bias, WHERE IS IT?

WrenFGun
November 25th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I'll give it a shot.

UNH 27 McNeese 17
Weber 17 W&M 34
Holy Cross 10 Villanova 38
Elon 14 Richmond 28

bias.....what bias? xsmiley_wix:p

xbowx

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 09:23 PM
See! IN a CAA THREAD, the current results are McNeese State 8, UNH 4. WHERE IS THE LOVE? Is McNeese State's 3 point win over Henderson State after being down by 18 what's selling you? The 1 point win over SELA? 4 over UCA? Maybe it's the 3 point win over Texas State?

I think the teams are very equal but for all the ECB and CAA Bias, WHERE IS IT?

Here's my thing. It was between you and W&M for the first round loss. I don't see the CAA going 4-0 (could happen though). I have been in such a pissing match with Big Sky'ers over the past week with their "prolific" offense bull, as if they are the Colts, that I can't bring myself to pick them. Therefore I am left with you guys. Also, let's not forget your loss to UMass, close win at St Fran, squeaking by Maine, giving up over 40 to URI, and your fluke win against Nova (that is the only reason I have you guys close, FWIW) xthumbsupx

I also have bones to pick with McNeese as well as UNH. Both teams I would like a shot at this year. xrulesx

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 09:24 PM
xbowx

xlolxxlolxxlolx I made some 2 tds or more predictions over on cs btw xlolx

GoneTribal
November 25th, 2009, 09:25 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx I made some 2 tds or more predictions over on cs btw xlolx

makes it fun don't it. xlolx

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 09:28 PM
makes it fun don't it. xlolx

It sure does. it's even more fun when Big Sky fans take it like you've just insulted their mother. I have a few W&M by 20 or more predictions going on too. xlolxxlolx

WrenFGun
November 25th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Here's my thing. It was between you and W&M for the first round loss. I don't see the CAA going 4-0 (could happen though). I have been in such a pissing match with Big Sky'ers over the past week with their "prolific" offense bull, as if they are the Colts, that I can't bring myself to pick them. Therefore I am left with you guys. Also, let's not forget your loss to UMass, close win at St Fran, squeaking by Maine, giving up over 40 to URI, and your fluke win against Nova (that is the only reason I have you guys close, FWIW) xthumbsupx

I also have bones to pick with McNeese as well as UNH. Both teams I would like a shot at this year. xrulesx

And here I would think you'd want a shot at UNH again this year, since we gave you your only loss this year. I'd certainly like to see if it was a "fluke" myself. At this point in the season, certainly seems like it.

appstate38
November 25th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I say Black Saturday for the CAA!!!! All 4 team lose and we have about 15 threads trying to explain why they lost and about 10 more trying to still carry the banner that the CAA is still the best conference in the FCS!:D;):D;)

xprayxxprayxxprayxxprayxxprayxxprayxxprayx

Realistically the CAA probably goes 3-1 but with a shot at 4-0. The UNH/McNeese and Elon/UR games could be very good.

JMUNJ08
November 25th, 2009, 09:39 PM
UNH @ McNeese St.

UNH fans feel disrepected as always. Going on the road to an equally tough opponent after a great season. Geography and attendance have a lot to do with that. UNH can grind out games with you or beat you 50-49. But that is because of a Jeckyl and Hyde team where the offense and defense sometimes show up or don't. McNeese St. beat ASU but then squeaked by a D2. They were an AL out of the Southland and an equally dangerous team. Playing at home is a big help and that is why I'm picking UNH. xeekx Ask UNI, you don't want to play them in the playoffs.... UNH 31 - McNeese St. 27

Weber St. @ W&M

Weber just got to 7 wins and in the big dance. W&M was a near lock for 2 or 3 weeks when they still had 2 games against top 10's to go. While weber has won 2 straight after losing big to Montana, they have to travel accross country to a great venue in Williamsburg. The tribe will be rocking for their first home game since the '04 semi final loss to JMU. Their defense is stellar having shut down UVA, UNH, and UR just last weekend for 18 yards rushing. Weber has a big O but the BSC isn't known for their 'D'. W&M with Grimes and Archer should put up enough to signify ECB. Weber St. 23 - W&M 31

Elon @ UR

Will the real Elon stand up? ASU took them out of the game early but they rebounded against Samford to get in safely during the last week unlike past Elon collapses. Their reward? The defending champs. UR doesn't really have a home field advantage but play great every weekend. They can score enough points to win and don't allow opponents to score at all. If not for a last second FG, they would be undefeated overall. Elon will have their hands full but their stars will shine. However 3rd Team All CAA QB Ward (really? 3rd?) will guide UR to the victory where a FG attempt won't decide the game. Elon 17 - UR 27

Holy Cross @ Nova

A loss to Bucknell and now we get #2 Nova? Sounds like trouble for HC. Nova has only won a handful of games pretty this year as style points are not their MO. However, they are on a roll right now with wins over UR & UD to end the regular season. HC may have been the class of the PL minus last week but Nova was the class of the CAA this year. CAA > PL in all aspects. Holy Cross 14 - Nova 40

Don't like picking all 4 teams but I can't really see any losingxrotatehx

Only Nova is the sure thing as the rest have their hands full to get the job done. Lets get it done CAA!!! East Coast Bias!!! xbeerchugxxpopcornx

biggie
November 25th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I'll got with a crazy 1-3 for CAA, only 'Nova winning.

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 09:44 PM
And here I would think you'd want a shot at UNH again this year, since we gave you your only loss this year. I'd certainly like to see if it was a "fluke" myself. At this point in the season, certainly seems like it.

I apologize. My intent was to mean I have bones to pick with both of you, so I'm cool with either coming through if we win.

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I'll got with a crazy 1-3 for CAA, only 'Nova winning.

I don't think that is crazy at all. the other 3 teams have some teams on their hands. Hell Nova COULD slip up, but that just seems crazy to me.

WrenFGun
November 25th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I apologize. My intent was to mean I have bones to pick with both of you, so I'm cool with either coming through if we win.

It was in jest and honest, Wideright. I think it may very well have been a fluke. UNH hasn't looked that good in any game since.

NHwildEcat
November 25th, 2009, 09:50 PM
We'll see UNH in Worcester.

We will see Holy Cross in Durham.

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 09:51 PM
It was in jest and honest, Wideright. I think it may very well have been a fluke. UNH hasn't looked that good in any game since.

UNH has always scared me. They seem to play their southern Wildcats tough every single time. xbangx Look forward to playing you guys at home though this time, so win would ya?xlolx

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 09:52 PM
We will see Holy Cross in Durham.

You guys have a home game scheduled against them in the future, or something? xlolx

NHwildEcat
November 25th, 2009, 09:58 PM
You guys have a home game scheduled against them in the future, or something? xlolx

No...the more likely matchup will be UNH traveling to 'Nova the first weekend in December, I just don't want to drive to Worcester. xcoolx

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2009, 09:59 PM

Holy Cross is a bit unconventional and I think they will push Nova. However I fully expect a Nova victory.

It is a shame as I think Holy Cross could beat several teams in the field, but Nova isnt one of them most likley.

McNeese72
November 25th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Is McNeese State's 3 point win over Henderson State after being down by 18 what's selling you?

That was a long, long time ago and in a universe, far, far away.

There were a lot of reasons for the problems in that game. First game of the season, breaking in a lot of new starters on the OL, a double digit injury list (there something like 6 starters on defense who couldn't play), and a coach at Henderson St. that was an assistant coach at McNeese a year or two before who knew us like a well read book.

We got a lot of the injured plays back for the App. St. game and look what happened there.

Doc

Tribe4SF
November 25th, 2009, 10:02 PM
It is a shame as I think Holy Cross could beat several teams in the field, but Nova isnt one of them most likley.

Like who?

NHwildEcat
November 25th, 2009, 10:03 PM
UNH Over McNeese St. 27-24 (OT)

Weber St. over W&M 21-20

UR over Elon 28-21

Nova over Holy Cross 41-10

McNeese72
November 25th, 2009, 10:04 PM
UNH @ McNeese St.

UNH fans feel disrepected as always. Going on the road to an equally tough opponent after a great season. Geography and attendance have a lot to do with that. UNH can grind out games with you or beat you 50-49. But that is because of a Jeckyl and Hyde team where the offense and defense sometimes show up or don't. McNeese St. beat ASU but then squeaked by a D2. They were an AL out of the Southland and an equally dangerous team. Playing at home is a big help and that is why I'm picking UNH. xeekx Ask UNI, you don't want to play them in the playoffs.... UNH 31 - McNeese St. 27

I think you have the sequence of the games backwards. A lot of reasons for the HSU game problems. See my previous post.

Doc

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 25th, 2009, 10:11 PM
No...the more likely matchup will be UNH traveling to 'Nova the first weekend in December, I just don't want to drive to Worcester. xcoolx

But you'll have to drive through Worcester on your way to Villanova. xsmiley_wix :D :D

NHwildEcat
November 25th, 2009, 10:18 PM
But you'll have to drive through Worcester on your way to Villanova. xsmiley_wix :D :D

xlolxxnodx

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Like who?

Eastern Illinois, South Carolina State.

I think the PL matches up well vs. the OVC and MEAC

JMUNJ08
November 25th, 2009, 10:29 PM
I think you have the sequence of the games backwards. A lot of reasons for the HSU game problems. See my previous post.

Doc

Was just making a note not sequence. I didn't know about those problems but I stand by my prediction xnottalkingx

SpidersSportsEditor
November 26th, 2009, 01:13 AM
I'll make this quick: IMO, All 4 CAA teams move to the quarters.

holycrossC
November 26th, 2009, 05:40 AM
McNeese over UNH

William and Mary over Weber

Elon upsets UR

Nova beats Holy Crossxthumbsupx

I hat to admit it, but my crusaders are toast.xbawlingx

JMU Newbill
November 26th, 2009, 06:56 AM
JMU over Montana.... oh wait... im a year late and wrong on the pick....

crusader11
November 26th, 2009, 06:57 AM
I hat to admit it, but my crusaders are toast.xbawlingx

I think people will be surprised how competitive the game will be. Not saying we'll win, but I don't think it will be a repeat of Colgate last year.

whoanellie
November 26th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Delaware did not make the cut? sorry JMU either?
I thought every year at least 6 CAA teams were in?

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2009, 08:28 AM
as bad as Delaware was, they would win a first round playoff game assuming that is was not against an ACC ooooops...I mean a CAA team

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2009, 08:29 AM
same goes for JMU

SpidersSportsEditor
November 26th, 2009, 09:01 AM
as bad as Delaware was, they would win a first round playoff game assuming that is was not against an ACC ooooops...I mean a CAA team

same goes for JMU

Agreed. xthumbsupx

MacThor
November 26th, 2009, 09:33 AM

xgiveadamnx

nwFL Griz
November 26th, 2009, 09:36 AM
What a great early christmas gift it would be if the CAA went 0-4 on Saturday.

SpidersSportsEditor
November 26th, 2009, 09:51 AM

Yea I bet it would be, then you wouldn't have to play any of them in the later rounds.

Tribe4SF
November 26th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Eastern Illinois, South Carolina State.

I think the PL matches up well vs. the OVC and MEAC

I'll give you that Holy Cross might be competitive with Eastern Illinois. SCSU is very good, and should not be judged by the rest of the MEAC. They would be heavy favorites over HC.

LacesOut
November 26th, 2009, 09:55 AM

Hey that's not nice!!!!!! LOL

crusader11
November 26th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I'll give you that Holy Cross might be competitive with Eastern Illinois. SCSU is very good, and should not be judged by the rest of the MEAC. They would be heavy favorites over HC.

You may be right. If HC comes to play, the offense is clicking, and Dom Randolph is, well, Dom Randolph, I think a lot of people will be surprised with Holy Cross.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 26th, 2009, 10:20 AM

You could also ask Santa for a Round-the-World Cruise or a Bentley ... but you probably won't get them either! xlolx

Franks Tanks
November 26th, 2009, 10:22 AM

I agree that SCSU is a good team, but so is HC. It would be close game I think

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 26th, 2009, 11:08 AM
UNH 42 @ McNeese St. 32 ;) Old "Santos" UNH Offense reappears for at least a week against the unsuspecting Cowboys.

Weber St. 10 @ W&M 17 xthumbsupx The Tribe "D" is for real!

Elon 10 @ UR 35 xsmiley_wix Spidahs are for real all the way around!

Holy Cross 7 @ Nova 38 xsmileyclapx Southern 'Cats prep for a rematch with the Northern 'Cats

Husky4Life
November 27th, 2009, 01:24 PM
UNH @ McNeese St.

Weber St. @ W&M

Elon @ UR

Holy Cross @ Nova

I actually think UNH could win this one down in Lake Charles. I'd love to see UNH & HC win if only so I can go see that game in person next weekend. I really don't think that will happen though.

JMUNJ08
November 27th, 2009, 01:55 PM

Your haterade is strong but I believe we got TWICE as many teams in as you did. And I would pick JMU and UD to win against 1/2 the teams in the fieldxreadx

GrizNzonecrazy
November 27th, 2009, 02:06 PM
All i know is i sure wish the Griz had UNH in round one instead of SDSU.....Seems UNH had a rough time of it on their last visit to WA-Griz....actually think Coulson accused us of running up the score or something.....boy that was a fun game....I had to bring that up because all i keep hearing is how travel never effects UNH.....seems they didnt like the trip in 2004 and it seems they had some trouble @ UNI too if i remember right.....

And now for the picks.....

UNH 35 @ McNeese 42
WSU 31 @ W&M 27
Elon 17 @ Richmond 27
Cross 13 @ Nova 31

And for fun.....

SCSU 21 @ App St 31
E Illinois 10 @ SIU 35
EWU 42 @ SFA 31
SDSU 17 @ Montana 31

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 02:13 PM
All i know is i sure wish the Griz had UNH in round one instead of SDSU.....Seems UNH had a rough time of it on their last visit to WA-Griz....actually think Coulson accused us of running up the score or something.....boy that was a fun game....I had to bring that up because all i keep hearing is how travel never effects UNH.....seems they didnt like the trip in 2004 and it seems they had some trouble @ UNI too if i remember right.....

UNH 35 @ McNeese 42
WSU 31 @ W&M 27
Elon 17 @ Richmond 27
Cross 13 @ Nova 31

And for fun.....

SCSU 21 @ App St 31
E Illinois 10 @ SIU 35
EWU 42 @ SFA 31
SDSU 17 @ Montana 31

Going to Wa-Griz with a freshman signal caller is no easy task. xpeacex

GrizNzonecrazy
November 27th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Ok but Santos was not your average Frosh either.....kid had some serious skills.....but point taken

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 27th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Ok but Santos was not your average Frosh either.....kid had some serious skills.....but point taken

David Ball didn't play...not that the outcome would have been different, but it is what it is

UNH has developed their rep as road team since that trip. It was the beginning of their current run.

Everyone from UNH who went to Montana for that game has nothing but respect for UM and speaks very highly them

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 02:37 PM

Oh believe me, that I know. I saw his work up close and personal. He picked us apart my freshman year.

GrizNzonecrazy
November 27th, 2009, 02:38 PM
David Ball didn't play...not that the outcome would have been different, but it is what it is

UNH has developed their rep as road team since that trip. It was the beginning of their current run.

Everyone from UNH who went to Montana for that game has nothing but respect for UM and speaks very highly them

And UNH is the ONLY CAA team that i cheer for week in and week out (or really ever)......glad to see there is some mutual respect there

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 27th, 2009, 03:04 PM
And UNH is the ONLY CAA team that i cheer for week in and week out (or really ever)......glad to see there is some mutual respect there

I would love to get to a game out there someday

UNHFootballAlum
November 27th, 2009, 03:21 PM

UNH 35 @ McNeese 42
WSU 31 @ W&M 27
Elon 17 @ Richmond 27
Cross 13 @ Nova 31

And for fun.....

SCSU 21 @ App St 31
E Illinois 10 @ SIU 35
EWU 42 @ SFA 31
SDSU 17 @ Montana 31

There could be reasons for such a lopsided score. First, we traveled to GSU the3 week before and then had to go across the country to Montana. David Ball got hurt in the GSU game and did not play against Montana. I am not saying that Montana would not have won the game, but look at all of the other playoff games where we traveled and the outcomes of those games

WrenFGun
November 27th, 2009, 04:10 PM
That game was horrifying. I walked to go get a pizza and we were done 21-0. Ochs was disgusting.

AAadict
November 27th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Montana gets to play in a weak conference and then gets a nice home schedule during the playoffs. Q: Who was the last Big Sky team besides Montana to appear in the NC?
A: ?
If any of the current CAA teams like Richmond, UNH, Delaware, JMU, Villanova, UMass, W&M play in that conference they would have a much easier path to the playoffs and a series of home games like Montana. Great program but benefit from the fact that the Big Sky doesn't beat Montana up like playing in the CAA every week.

SpidersSportsEditor
November 27th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Montana gets to play in a weak conference and then gets a nice home schedule during the playoffs. Q: Who was the last Big Sky team besides Montana to appear in the NC?
A: ?
If any of the current CAA teams like Richmond, UNH, Delaware, JMU, Villanova, UMass, W&M play in that conference they would have a much easier path to the playoffs and a series of home games like Montana. Great program but benefit from the fact that the Big Sky doesn't beat Montana up like playing in the CAA every week.

Oh boy, here we go again...xcoffeex

AAadict
November 27th, 2009, 09:32 PM

If Weber State gives W&M a game at W&M I will retract. Otherwise...."Little Sky!".

Tribe4SF
November 28th, 2009, 05:43 AM
If Weber State gives W&M a game at W&M I will retract. Otherwise...."Little Sky!".

Oh great, hang it on us!xmadx

I guess we'll see what we can do.xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2009, 06:01 AM

CAA goes 3-1 this Saturday

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 28th, 2009, 06:54 AM

I was thinking the same thing

GeeWiz
November 28th, 2009, 06:57 AM
UNH 37 McNeese St. 31

W&M 28 Weber St. 24

UR 35 Elon 17

'Nova 31 Holy Cross 27

TribeinDC
November 28th, 2009, 03:07 PM

LOL,

Actually, What a great early christmas gift it would be if the CAA went 4-0 on Saturday.

ccd494
November 28th, 2009, 03:07 PM
LOL,

Actually, What a great early christmas gift it would be if the CAA went 4-0 on Saturday.

Especially coupled with an 0-3 Big Sky day.

JMUNJ08
November 28th, 2009, 05:14 PM
UNH @ McNeese St.

Weber St. @ W&M

Weber just got to 7 wins and in the big dance. W&M was a near lock for 2 or 3 weeks when they still had 2 games against top 10's to go. While weber has won 2 straight after losing big to Montana, they have to travel accross country to a great venue in Williamsburg. The tribe will be rocking for their first home game since the '04 semi final loss to JMU. Their defense is stellar having shut down UVA, UNH, and UR just last weekend for 18 yards rushing. Weber has a big O but the BSC isn't known for their 'D'. W&M with Grimes and Archer should put up enough to signify ECB. Weber St. 23 - W&M 31

Elon @ UR

Will the real Elon stand up? ASU took them out of the game early but they rebounded against Samford to get in safely during the last week unlike past Elon collapses. Their reward? The defending champs. UR doesn't really have a home field advantage but play great every weekend. They can score enough points to win and don't allow opponents to score at all. If not for a last second FG, they would be undefeated overall. Elon will have their hands full but their stars will shine. However 3rd Team All CAA QB Ward (really? 3rd?) will guide UR to the victory where a FG attempt won't decide the game. Elon 17 - UR 27

Holy Cross @ Nova

A loss to Bucknell and now we get #2 Nova? Sounds like trouble for HC. Nova has only won a handful of games pretty this year as style points are not their MO. However, they are on a roll right now with wins over UR & UD to end the regular season. HC may have been the class of the PL minus last week but Nova was the class of the CAA this year. CAA > PL in all aspects. Holy Cross 14 - Nova 40

Don't like picking all 4 teams but I can't really see any losingxrotatehx

Only Nova is the sure thing as the rest have their hands full to get the job done. Lets get it done CAA!!! East Coast Bias!!! xbeerchugxxpopcornx

ECB lives! 4-0 for the CAA!!!!

MR. CHICKEN
November 28th, 2009, 07:36 PM
xxmasx
LOL,

DING!.....DING!.....DING!.....xxmasx.....AWK!

soccerguy315
November 28th, 2009, 10:02 PM
east coast bias... CAA teams are overrated.

GreatAppSt
November 28th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I predict at least one CAA is guaranteed into the semi's.:p

soccerguy315
November 28th, 2009, 10:37 PM
good job today CAA...

8 teams left. And they are all quality teams.