PDA

View Full Version : 2009 All Big South teams

kdinva
November 25th, 2009, 01:48 AM
2009 All Big South Football (http://www.bigsouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=43765&SPID=-2&DB_OEM_ID=4800&ATCLID=204839536)

Mike Brown (Lib): off. player of the year
Tyler Santucci (SBU) def. player of the year
Matt Goods (GW) freshman of the year
Coach Priore (SBU) coach of the year.

Liberty had 17 individual total selections, vs. SBU's 7..........yet.......on the field........

xtwocentsxComments: obviously I feel Abegesah and Josh Wine should have been on the first team. Wine led all down linemen in total tackles, should have meant something.

Keenan
November 25th, 2009, 05:25 AM
2009 All Big South Football (http://www.bigsouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=43765&SPID=-2&DB_OEM_ID=4800&ATCLID=204839536)
Liberty had 17 individual total selections, vs. SBU's 7..........yet.......on the field........

You do realize that All-Conference selections are for the entire season and not for one game, right?

Seawolf97
November 25th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Considering our 6-5 record we did ok. Especially getting Coach of the Year and
Defensive Player of the Year.

Wildcat80
November 25th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Considering our 6-5 record we did ok. Especially getting Coach of the Year and
Defensive Player of the Year.

Congrats to Coach Priore--a standup guy. Hope SB gets some of those NE games in the CAA.

kdinva
November 25th, 2009, 09:04 AM
You do realize that All-Conference selections are for the entire season and not for one game, right?
Absolutely!!..........and based on our gamexoopsx, LU should have had about 25 players namedxbeerchugx.

Seawolf97
November 25th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Congrats to Coach Priore--a standup guy. Hope SB gets some of those NE games in the CAA.

If so then I hope a few are home. Four home games this wasnt fun xthumbsdownx

justsaying
November 25th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Marty Patterson got screwed for the defensive player of the year award.... Just my opinion though...xnonono2x

IaaScribe
November 26th, 2009, 12:08 AM
I voted for Patterson.

Redwyn
November 26th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Not really opinion though. Here are the facts
Patterson 110 tackles
Santucci 93
Advantage: Patterson

Patterson 14 Tackles for loss
Santucci 14 Tackles for loss
Advantage: Push

Patterson 5 Sacks
Santucci 3 Sacks

Patterson 2 Interceptions
Santucci 1 Interception

Winner: Santucci xeyebrowx

Yeah, Patterson was royally screwed on this award! Don't get me wrong. Santucci is a hell of a player, but Marty Patterson was easily the best defender in the Big South. Who votes on this stuff anyways?

Unfortunately for Patterson, a lot of voters are homers to team success in conference. Santucci was a downright game changer for Stony Brook. While I'm sure Patterson was no different, a lot of voters will point to SBU's win over G-Webb as their reasoning for making Santucci the MVP.

Remember, it's not really a "best defender" award, it's really the biggest "game changing" defender. When Santucci was in the Liberty game EVERY rushing play on first down during their drives they lost 2 yards because Santucci burst through the middle.

Again, not saying Patterson didn't do the same, he is an absolute beast of a player. However, the conference record is what screwed him in the end.

Keenan
November 26th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Marty Patterson got screwed for the defensive player of the year award.... Just my opinion though...xnonono2x

Not really opinion though. Here are the facts
Patterson 110 tackles
Santucci 93

Patterson 14 Tackles for loss
Santucci 14 Tackles for loss
Advantage: Push

Patterson 5 Sacks
Santucci 3 Sacks

Patterson 2 Interceptions
Santucci 1 Interception

Winner: Santucci xeyebrowx

Yeah, Patterson was royally screwed on this award! Don't get me wrong. Santucci is a hell of a player, but Marty Patterson was easily the best defender in the Big South. Who votes on this stuff anyways?

Zeus69
November 26th, 2009, 06:49 PM
How is Liberty's Ian Childress not all conference? There are some other selections that are pretty strange but I will not go into detail...

g-webb1994
November 27th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Patterson was robbed plain and simple.xmadx

Finishing 'tied' for fourth (really fifth since we lost to CCU) with 11 on either the first or second team is just as frustrating.xbangx