PDA

View Full Version : SWAC/MEAC matchups in 2006

SU Jag
December 21st, 2005, 09:46 AM
What are the big SWAC/MEAC match-ups for 2006? I know that Grambling and Hampton should be the big one in the MEAC/SWAC Challenge right? :confused:

HIU 93
December 21st, 2005, 11:08 AM
I would like it to be, but it looks like we get JSU again.

Mr. Tiger
December 21st, 2005, 11:22 AM
I would like it to be, but it looks like we get JSU again.

Are you sure? Because our school officials said in the local paper that JSU was looking to add Georgia Southern or Louisiana-Lafayette as our second non-conference opponent. Tennessee State is the other one and the SWAC has a 9-game mandate so that makes 11 games.

TexasTerror
December 21st, 2005, 11:27 AM
Are you sure? Because our school officials said in the local paper that JSU was looking to add Georgia Southern or Louisiana-Lafayette as our second non-conference opponent. Tennessee State is the other one and the SWAC has a 9-game mandate so that makes 11 games.

I do not think Jackson St could add Louisiana-Lafayette unless they dropped someone from their schedule. I show ULL's non-conference looking like this:

9-2 @ Louisiana State
9-9 @ Houston
9-16 Ohio
9-23 @ Texas A&M
9-30 Eastern Michigan

That'd be great if Jackson St added Georgia Southern. Would give a SWAC school a chance to give it a go against one of the top traditional I-AA programs to see where they stand...

HIU 93
December 21st, 2005, 11:33 AM

I'll have to defer to you, because my information just came from talking to a booster. It was nothing official.

MACHIAVELLI
December 21st, 2005, 12:19 PM
What are the big SWAC/MEAC match-ups for 2006? I know that Grambling and Hampton should be the big one in the MEAC/SWAC Challenge right? :confused:

ICON/Grambling will not participate in the SWAC/MEAC Challenge. Outside of a 12 game season, ICON/Grambling has basically always played Alcorn St. on the first game of the season dating back to the 70's. If the SWAC/MEAC Challenge is played on he first Saturday in September, then that would automatically eliminate ICON/Grambling from participation. Grambling is in talks to play NCA&T on Nov. 11th in Pheonix.

SU Jag
December 21st, 2005, 08:13 PM
So the MEAC/SWAC Challenge will more than likely be Alabama A&M and SC State? :confused: How do they pick the two schools to play in that game? I though that it was the two conference champs from the previous year. Does anyone know?

MACHIAVELLI
December 21st, 2005, 10:08 PM
Whoever is available.

SU Jag
December 22nd, 2005, 09:02 AM
So there could be a crappy match-up like Mississippi Valley and Deleware State? :confused: That would REALLY suck!

MACHIAVELLI
December 22nd, 2005, 10:58 AM
*Availibility of the Champions from each conference
*Conference runner ups
*Best records

SU Jag
December 22nd, 2005, 11:28 AM
Hopefully we can get a good match-up! I wouldn't mind watching S.C State or FAMU against Southern or Bama State or any good matchup between two good teams.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 22nd, 2005, 02:43 PM
Hopefully we can get a good match-up! I wouldn't mind watching S.C State or FAMU against Southern or Bama State or any good matchup between two good teams.
SU is playing Nicholls State at home the first game.

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2005, 03:13 PM
SU is playing Nicholls State at home the first game.

Nice! Let's see if Southern can stop that difficult option. I hate when the Kats have had to play it because it always gives us troubles, especially in Thibodaux...

Not sure what we'll see from the Colonels next year, but if Eugene just ran through the middle for nice pickups, I'm sure the Colonels can pick them apart. It all begins with the QB and Yale Vannoy won't be back after graduating this past season. May be a great time to get the Colonels...

arranger101
January 3rd, 2006, 01:00 PM
Come on now SU JAG... :rolleyes: Now you know they aren't going to let the Rattlers and Jaguars go at it on National Television. There is too much bad blood between y'all. Just wait until 07 when the two of you are scheduled. And yes, I was at the last two FAMU/SU fights....I meant games.

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 3rd, 2006, 04:30 PM
Come on now SU JAG... :rolleyes: Now you know they aren't going to let the Rattlers and Jaguars go at it on National Television. There is too much bad blood between y'all. Just wait until 07 when the two of you are scheduled. And yes, I was at the last two FAMU/SU fights....I meant games.
Thats what rivialrys are made of. I had so much fun dancing on that rattlerhead with the rest of the SU student section the last time we played in Tally. They didn't have to turn the sprinklers on. :lmao:

Catmendue2
January 4th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Nice! Let's see if Southern can stop that difficult option. I hate when the Kats have had to play it because it always gives us troubles, especially in Thibodaux...

Not sure what we'll see from the Colonels next year, but if Eugene just ran through the middle for nice pickups, I'm sure the Colonels can pick them apart. It all begins with the QB and Yale Vannoy won't be back after graduating this past season. May be a great time to get the Colonels...

NIck st hasn't been much of a problem for Grambling in the past and problem won't have much luck against Lewis and Southern this coming September either.

Go...gate
January 4th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Ever any thought about a MEAC/Patriot or SWAC/A-10 (or vice versa, or other 1-AA conference)? I think it would really great.

MACHIAVELLI
January 13th, 2006, 09:25 AM
ICON/Grambling will not participate in the SWAC/MEAC Challenge. Outside of a 12 game season, ICON/Grambling has basically always played Alcorn St. on the first game of the season dating back to the 70's. If the SWAC/MEAC Challenge is played on he first Saturday in September, then that would automatically eliminate ICON/Grambling from participation. Grambling is in talks to play NCA&T on Nov. 11th in Pheonix.

New development with the SWAC/MEAC Challlenge.

AppGuy04
January 13th, 2006, 09:28 AM
New development with the SWAC/MEAC Challlenge.

just a question:

is the SWAC more worried about tradition than actual competition?

or is that what sells for the SWAC?

MACHIAVELLI
January 13th, 2006, 09:53 AM
just a question:

is the SWAC more worried about tradition than actual competition?

or is that what sells for the SWAC?

Robert Vowels SWAC Commish [email protected]. I am sure he has the answer you are looking for.

jstate83
January 13th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Ever any thought about a MEAC/Patriot or SWAC/A-10 (or vice versa, or other 1-AA conference)? I think it would really great.

Don't know about the MEAC, but that 9 game mandate really put's us in a bind when it comes to putting games on the schedule.

Jackson State play the 9 conference games, Tennessee St is already slated for Memphis every year, so that leaves JSU with 1 dang game to play with.

I've said it before. I would like to see it dropped back to 7 games, but right now I'd even settle for 8.

That would give each team at least 3 games to play with outside the conference if they wish, and teams could keep traditional rival's on their schedules also.

AppGuy04
January 13th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Robert Vowels SWAC Commish [email protected]. I am sure he has the answer you are looking for.

i wasn't being sarcastic, i was asking a question, more asking for your opinion

would you rather see a classic game or a game between 2 good teams?

SU Jag
January 13th, 2006, 11:10 AM

With the Classic games you get both! Classics are rarely if ever blow outs!

MACHIAVELLI
January 13th, 2006, 08:54 PM

I wasn't being sarcastic either.

Would you rather see a game between two good teams play infront of a crowd of 5,000 or would you rather see two good teams play infront of a crowd of 50,000?

Fooball is a business, it should be treated as such.