PDA

View Full Version : Griz - ODU tentatively scheduled for 2014-15

putter
November 24th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Received an e-mail from the Montana AD and Montana/ODU are scheduled in August of 2014 in Missoula and the next year at ODU. Hope this happens...xhurrayx

FCS Go!
November 24th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Is Koch still the Prez at ODU? His previous job was at Montana IIRC. Finally a regular season game I can drive to!

ODUwildman
November 24th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Nah, Koch was two presidents ago. Koch > Runte > now John Broderick.

Torgo
November 24th, 2009, 05:43 PM
The non-conference schedule seems to be getting interesting in the near future...the Griz traveling further than northern California...who knew?

09griz
November 24th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Is Koch still the Prez at ODU? His previous job was at Montana IIRC. Finally a regular season game I can drive to!

I had James Koch for history of WWII at UM my sophmore year. He only did fall in Missoula and then went to OD in the spring presumambly for a similar curriculum. At one point in the late seventies or some time in the eighties he was prez at UM and then took that post at OD. I believe he is a spot prof at both now. I wonder if he has any connection to this happening. Would be interesting.....

89Hen
November 24th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Received an e-mail from the Montana AD and Montana/ODU are scheduled in August of 2014 in Missoula and the next year at ODU. Hope this happens...xhurrayx
xthumbsdownx Picking on the new kid who doesn't know the Griz's history on the back end? xsmhx xsmiley_wix

grizzpaw
November 24th, 2009, 08:18 PM
xthumbsdownx Picking on the new kid who doesn't know the Griz's history on the back end? xsmhx xsmiley_wix

u people need to get over that montana had money problems and had to make some hard decisions in order to fix itxnodx! and if u have hard feelings (like sdsu) SORRYxbawlingx get over it and move on xnonono2xxwhistlexxeekxxnonox

UncleSam
November 24th, 2009, 08:36 PM
By 2014, I have a feeling that ODU will be one of the better programs in the CAA and the FCS.

JMUNJ08
November 24th, 2009, 08:38 PM
By 2014, I have a feeling that ODU will be one of the better programs in the CAA and the FCS.

Concur. Great match up. How would that headline be "CAA start up beats 17 consecutive BSC champ Montana"

Can't waitxcoolx

Monarch History
November 24th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Would be a great game in only ODU's sixth year of football. I look forward to going to the game as I've never been to that part of the country.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 24th, 2009, 09:04 PM

u people need to get over that montana had money problems and had to make some hard decisions in order to fix itxnodx! and if u have hard feelings (like sdsu) SORRYxbawlingx get over it and move on xnonono2xxwhistlexxeekxxnonox

Hook...line....sinker. xlolx

bigblue78
November 24th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Don't count on ODU accepting a buyout of the return game...Prior to Seth Greenberg becoming the coach at Va Tech, ODU signed a 5 year home and home in bb...VT tried to buy out after year 1, and 2, and 3....

Saint3333
November 24th, 2009, 09:50 PM

I think ODU wins one of these. I said it before and got jumped on, but ODU makes the playoffs by 2012 and to the semis by 2014.

89Hen
November 24th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Hook...line....sinker. xlolx
:D There's so many of you now, I liked my chances.

FCS Go!
November 24th, 2009, 10:01 PM
:D There's so many of you now, I liked my chances.

Shame on you for taking advantage of sensitive Griz fans xnonox! We're really taking a beating on the Jackrabbit board this week and now you go and stab us in the back!

89Hen
November 24th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Shame on you for taking advantage of sensitive Griz fans xnonox! We're really taking a beating on the Jackrabbit board this week and now you go and stab us in the back!
Sorry. I need to remember that most of the Big Sky is "defenseless". xwhistlex

Grizzaholic
November 24th, 2009, 10:08 PM

Jesus. How many years ago was it. Holy schnike's!!! Let it go.xnonono2x

putter
November 25th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Sorry. I need to remember that most of the Big Sky is "defenseless". xwhistlex

That is why we lead the nation in passing attempts....it is our defense...xlolx

..and don't you think you should let the "newbies" learn for themselves? Heck when Montana keeps their end you won't have anything to whine about...other then UD not making the playoffs again. xsmileyclapx ;)

JMUNJ08
November 25th, 2009, 02:24 AM
That is why we lead the nation in passing attempts....it is our defense...xlolx

xeyebrowx How does that make sense???? Maybe you mean the conference is defenseless because you just throw all day on them?xnodx

putter
November 25th, 2009, 02:26 AM
xeyebrowx How does that make sense???? Maybe you mean the conference is defenseless because you just throw all day on them?xnodx

Exactly...keep the O on the field, the D off

19Duke97
November 25th, 2009, 02:40 AM

I'm not ready to hand them the crown until they prove themselves against a single CAA team much less a season of games. ODU had a wonderful season by all accounts, but I see tougher sailing ahead.

rufus
November 25th, 2009, 06:35 AM

By 2014, I have a feeling that ODU will be on its way out of FCS.

Torgo
November 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Harsh.

ODU has a lot of stuff going for them. They may not have been playing top competition but 9-2 with nothing but freshman and transfers is impressive any way you look at it, they have a large enough stadium, and play in a large market without a whole lot of competition. I definitely see them rising to prominence fairly quickly...maybe not instantly, but by the time these games happen they should be a ranked opponent at least.

89Hen
November 26th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Exactly...keep the O on the field, the D off
Best defense is to just not play defense. :p