PDA

View Full Version : TV Selection

Saint3333
November 24th, 2009, 01:26 AM
I have to think the glitter of ASU is wearing off as we know the sports world has a very short memory.

IMO ESPNU is being lazy and picked the closest venue to its headquarters (Charlotte, NC). In addition ASU's facilities offer a "plug and play" arrangement by which the ESPN truck pulls up and plugs into the base on the westside tower and all cables and wires are already set up for cameras, mics, etc. At least this year we don't have to hear about how ASU puts the announcers in a broom closet all game.

Which game would you have picked for TV?

For me it's EWU vs. SFA, UNH vs. McNeese, and SDST vs. Montana in that order.

TV and a noon start will hurt the already poor Thanksgiving attendance for ASU.

appmaj
November 24th, 2009, 01:38 AM
What game gets the best ratings? That is the real question...

ashram
November 24th, 2009, 01:58 AM

Some of the SC State crowd will probably also choose to be somewhere where they can simultaneously watch the South Carolina - Clemson game (also a noon start).

JMUNJ08
November 24th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Some of the SC State crowd will probably also choose to be somewhere where they can simultaneously watch the South Carolina - Clemson game (also a noon start).

ESPN never thinks....xsmhx

GrizNzonecrazy
November 24th, 2009, 02:06 AM
I have to say for the entertainment value i really thin EWU and SFA has the potential to be a great one to watch....maybe a bit in the form of the Browns and Lions yesterday (what a game....WOW) but i think the game at Wa-Griz or Richmond vs Elon would have been a better pick.....

GoneTribal
November 24th, 2009, 02:07 AM
I don't think I could pick just one game. There are too many good match-ups. SHOW 'EM ALL DARNIT!

TheValleyRaider
November 24th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Makes sense to me

ESPN can still sell Armanti and the Mountaineers, plus they have a contract with the MEAC. Maybe not the best matchup of the weekend (at least from our perspective of the Monday beforehand), but one they can market somewhat xtwocentsx

biggie
November 24th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Definitely hate the noon start, no time for tailgating at all. And this is our 4th early start and all others were away. For home games we are just use to 3:30 or later, a night game would get much more fans in the seats for ESPN probably. Still will be lucky to see 15k and with TV/Weather, that may be aiming high.

AppMan
November 24th, 2009, 02:10 AM
I have to think the glitter of ASU is wearing off as we know the sports world has a very short memory.

IMO ESPNU is being lazy and picked the closest venue to its headquarters (Charlotte, NC). In addition ASU's facilities offer a "plug and play" arrangement by which the ESPN truck pulls up and plugs into the base on the westside tower and all cables and wires are already set up for cameras, mics, etc. At least this year we don't have to hear about how ASU puts the announcers in a broom closet all game.

Which game would you have picked for TV?

For me it's EWU vs. SFA, UNH vs. McNeese, and SDST vs. Montana in that order.

Looks like the tailgating will be brief! At least we'll have the real fans in the stands for this one!

Saint3333
November 24th, 2009, 02:59 AM
I do like the playoff crowds, it seems that 15K for a playoff crowd equals 30K for a regular season crowd.