PDA

View Full Version : McNeese vs. New Hampshire Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Prominentwon
November 23rd, 2009, 08:42 PM
Todd Pendland and Derrick Fourroux are key players for McNeese.

On defense, where does UNH excel? What will McNeese have trouble doing?

On offense? is UNH a running team or a passing team? What type of offensive style do they run? I saw where there QB isn't that efficient. (I'm not saying he's not good, so don't jump down my throat!) He's passing for about 172 yards a game and he's thrown 12 TD's to 11 INT's.

I've noticed their RB averages about 5.1 ypc. Take out the 2 games vs. Northeastern and Rhode Island (combined record of 4-18) he averages about 3.6 ypc vs. teams with a pulse.

Where does the offense coming from? Who are the main components should we be looking for?

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2009, 08:58 PM
Well, offensively, they're relatively inconsistent. UNH used to have one of the better offenses in the FCS but when you combine coaching losses (their former OC is now the headcoach at Oregon, afterall) with personnel losses (Ricky Santos, almost the entire OL) they haven't really picked up.

With that said, Scott Sicko is an elite FCS TE. He's very quick and he will burn anyone in 1-on-1 coverage over the middle. You can ask Villanova fans because he lit them up that day, and they have elite LB's and Safeties. They throw to a number of wideouts, though it looks like J.T. Wright, Travis Negron, Kevon Mason, Joey Orlando and Mickey Mangieri are the five who are getting the playing time as the season winds down. Chris Jeannot is a very good second tight-end and UNH will often throw with two of those TE on the field. The UNH Offensive Line is still young and hasn't given Toman much time to throw, and hasn't created a lot of outside running room for our two good RB's in Kackert and Jellison (you can also fault the CAA for being the best group of defences in FCS). I'm not sure how that will translate out of conference. Toman's problem has been overthrowing is receivers and panicking under pressure. He struggled mightily in our two playoff games last year and he'll need to settle down this year if we want to win.

Defensively, UNH is pretty good, and probably a nice, solid second tier defense in the CAA. We struggled against URI but allowed just 24 to #2 seed Villanova, 20 to William and Mary, and 17 to Ball State, the three best teams we played this year. We often play off the receivers in an effort to avoid the big play, and we have two strong LB's and three strong safeties. I'm a bit concerned about injuries to DE Brian McNally and DT Steve Young, as well as a suspension to DT Jordan Long, but I still think the group is pretty deep.

Our Punter is not an asset. Our Kicker is a huge one.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 23rd, 2009, 09:03 PM
Well, offensively, they're relatively inconsistent. UNH used to have one of the better offenses in the FCS but when you combine coaching losses (their former OC is now the headcoach at Oregon, afterall) with personnel losses (Ricky Santos, almost the entire OL) they haven't really picked up.

With that said, Scott Sicko is an elite FCS TE. He's very quick and he will burn anyone in 1-on-1 coverage over the middle. You can ask Villanova fans because he lit them up that day, and they have elite LB's and Safeties. They throw to a number of wideouts, though it looks like J.T. Wright, Travis Negron, Kevon Mason, Joey Orlando and Mickey Mangieri are the five who are getting the playing time as the season winds down. Chris Jeannot is a very good second tight-end and UNH will often throw with two of those TE on the field. The UNH Offensive Line is still young and hasn't given Toman much time to throw, and hasn't created a lot of outside running room for our two good RB's in Kackert and Jellison (you can also fault the CAA for being the best group of defences in FCS). I'm not sure how that will translate out of conference. Toman's problem has been overthrowing is receivers and panicking under pressure. He struggled mightily in our two playoff games last year and he'll need to settle down this year if we want to win.

Defensively, UNH is pretty good, and probably a nice, solid second tier defense in the CAA. We struggled against URI but allowed just 24 to #2 seed Villanova, 20 to William and Mary, and 17 to Ball State, the three best teams we played this year. We often play off the receivers in an effort to avoid the big play, and we have two strong LB's and three strong safeties. I'm a bit concerned about injuries to DE Brian McNally and DT Steve Young, as well as a suspension to DT Jordan Long, but I still think the group is pretty deep.

Our Punter is not an asset. Our Kicker is a huge one.

Summed it up quite nicely Wren.

The health of our d-line will be key

Prominentwon
November 23rd, 2009, 09:16 PM
What do you guys expect in this game?

I'd also like to know about the UNH QB. His stats are throwing me off. 12/11 with a 118 rating. Just under 179 a game. Are you guys more of a power running team?

Will
November 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
UNH has the worst punter I can remember seeing in college football. He is absolutely horrendous. And stangely enough, we have a great kicker who hit a 52-yarder against Maine last weekend.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
UNH has the worst punter I can remember seeing in college football. He is absolutely horrendous. And stangely enough, we have a great kicker who hit a 52-yarder against Maine last weekend.

...I saw Corey Marceau graduating on senior day and I was like...really? He's been here 4 years and can't punt better than that? I had heard that J.T. Wright won the punting battle but the coaching staff was concerned with injuries and wanted him to focus on receiving.

As an aside, was anyone else SUPER impressed by Brusko yesterday? Great punts, caught everything, really looked like an asset for Maine. Can't believe he was their QB last year. Tough SOB.

ASUTodd
November 23rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
Pulling for McNeese in this game. Glad you guys got a home game instead of being sent to the western most regions of the earth! Next weekend I'll say, Geaux Pokes... :)

UNH Fanboi
November 23rd, 2009, 09:44 PM
What do you guys expect in this game?

I'd also like to know about the UNH QB. His stats are throwing me off. 12/11 with a 118 rating. Just under 179 a game. Are you guys more of a power running team?

Look at Toman's stats from last year. They are much more impressive. I haven't been able to see the games this year and have to rely on what I've heard on the radio, but my sense is that UNH's offensive struggles this year have been caused by a weak offensive line and the fact that Toman has been battling turf toe. I would definitely not characterize UNH as a power running team. Kackert has the ability to break for some big runs, but he's not an up the gut back who can just grind out 1st downs. I would describe the UNH offense as "opporrtunistic". They been very inconsistent but are capable of producing big plays at key times. TE Scott Sicko is by far the best player on the offense. The defense has been carrying the team and stepping up all year (except the URI game) despite the offense and special teams putting them in a lot of bad spots.

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is that UNH has a very good kickoff return (first or second in the CAA I believe). Unfortunately the offense hasn't been able to capitaliza on it as much as they should have.

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is the defense's ability to produce turnovers. I believe they're 1 or 2 in the CAA in turnovers. I'm away from my computer now so I'm not sure about these stats.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
I'm away from my computer now so I'm not sure about these stats.

xconfusedx

Prominentwon
November 23rd, 2009, 09:54 PM
xconfusedx

xlolx

I'll assume he's on his phone.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2009, 09:56 PM
xlolx

I'll assume he's on his phone.

Haha, that's what I figure, but I just thought it was funny.

rcny46
November 23rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Brian McNally is injured too? Great.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2009, 10:21 PM
Brian McNally is injured too? Great.

McNally appeared to have hurt his shoulder (I believe) late in the game. Can't remember if he went back in but it didn't look as bad as it did earlier in the season. Young is such a beast. I thought be broke his collarbone and he still somehow went back out there.

MSU_77
November 23rd, 2009, 11:01 PM
Don't worry about Todd Pendland. He's small and slow. Please don't hurt him. Derrick - don't worry about Derrick. xsmiley_wix

FormerPokeCenter
November 23rd, 2009, 11:06 PM
Don't worry about Todd Pendland. He's small and slow. Please don't hurt him. Derrick - don't worry about Derrick. xsmiley_wix

Well, with UNH having collected 32 turnovers this year, I'm not too worried about our speed disadvantage. I'm just hoping that we protect the ball better than we did against Tulane and SFA....

rcny46
November 23rd, 2009, 11:13 PM
McNally appeared to have hurt his shoulder (I believe) late in the game. Can't remember if he went back in but it didn't look as bad as it did earlier in the season. Young is such a beast. I thought be broke his collarbone and he still somehow went back out there.

I read something this morning that said Young was being evaluated,and they would know more by Tuesday.He was quoted as saying that if there was any possible chance for him to play,he would be in there.I think he missed the UNI game last year.
Nothing was mentioned about McNally in that article.I'll have to listen to the coaches show tonight @ 7 and see if anything more is said about the injury situation.They need everyone healthy for this one.

UNH SUPERFAN
November 23rd, 2009, 11:28 PM
Ya, and don't worry about Chad Kackert, he's too small, or Scott Sicko, he can't catch!

crusader11
November 23rd, 2009, 11:31 PM
It truly is a shame that Decker was never given an opportunity in the last few games of the season to see what he could have done. Things could be drastically different for the UNH offense with him at the helm. Oh well.

AppAlum2003
November 23rd, 2009, 11:47 PM
Go Pokes!

MSU_77
November 23rd, 2009, 11:47 PM
Well, with UNH having collected 32 turnovers this year, I'm not too worried about our speed disadvantage. I'm just hoping that we protect the ball better than we did against Tulane and SFA....

Yeah, our team is slow and they're constantly losing the ball and getting unnecessary penalties. No idea how they won 9 games this year. ;)

But you're right, I do know how they lost 2 games. Hope the tendency to self-destruct is behind them.

WSBE
November 24th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Unfortunatley, I like many other, can't travel for the game. Does anyone have any idea if the game will be televised or available through video?

santosballnewhampshire
November 24th, 2009, 01:51 AM
It truly is a shame that Decker was never given an opportunity in the last few games of the season to see what he could have done. Things could be drastically different for the UNH offense with him at the helm. Oh well.

We'll be just fine dude, thanks though

crusader11
November 24th, 2009, 01:56 AM
We'll be just fine dude, thanks though

Not sure how you can't be just a tad uneasy knowing Toman is the starting QB. You have seen him play this year and have seen his numbers, right? So much for living up to that Payton Award Candidate in the beginning of the year.

UNHWILDCATS05
November 24th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Unfortunatley, I like many other, can't travel for the game. Does anyone have any idea if the game will be televised or available through video?

Good question... I am assuming no TV, but will Mcneese have streaming video??

Wildcat80
November 24th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Yeah, our team is slow and they're constantly losing the ball and getting unnecessary penalties. No idea how they won 9 games this year. ;)

But you're right, I do know how they lost 2 games. Hope the tendency to self-destruct is behind them.

Comparative scores anyone? Tulane over McNeese by 10. Tulane over Army by 1=even. Army & UNH over Ball state by 7. Given that UNH is the Northern visitor to "The Hole" it looks deadeven to me. Go Wildcats! xlolx

santosballnewhampshire
November 24th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Not sure how you can't be just a tad uneasy knowing Toman is the starting QB. You have seen him play this year and have seen his numbers, right? So much for living up to that Payton Award Candidate in the beginning of the year.

Yeah I've seen him lead us to a 9-2 record so we're fine. Thanks for your thoughtful input though...xcoffeex

crusader11
November 24th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Yeah I've seen him lead us to a 9-2 record so we're fine. Thanks for your thoughtful input though...xcoffeex

I'd say half of the UNH posters on this board have come to agree with the points I have been making dating back to the end of last season.

Has he led UNH to the 9-2 record, or was it the defense and running game?

UNHFootballAlum
November 24th, 2009, 05:16 AM

Dude, Let it go! Worry about HC's 1st round game. Whether you are right or wrong is irrelevant at this point. Toman is the starting QB and the only way Decker sees the field is if Toman is hurt or its a blowout

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 24th, 2009, 05:17 AM

Dude, Let it go! Worry about HC's 1st round game. Whether you are right or wrong is irrelevant at this point. Toman is the starting QB and the only way Decker sees the field is if Toman is hurt or its a blowout

What they said

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 24th, 2009, 05:18 AM
I'd say half of the UNH posters on this board have come to agree with the points I have been making dating back to the end of last season.

Has he led UNH to the 9-2 record, or was it the defense and running game?

Isn't there a 'Nova thread out there somewhere?

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Yeah, personally, I've moved on. Toman's a kid, he's doing his best, and the coach thinks he's the best to do it. Is it frustrating sometimes? Yeah. But I've stopped making the argument and am just going to support Toman as best I can.

Won't stop be from being critical, but this Decker nonsense isn't getting us anywhere. It's not like Decker's proved anything...

crusader11
November 24th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Isn't there a 'Nova thread out there somewhere?

Yep, I started that one.

I apologize for detracting from the discussion above UNH v. McNeese...carry on.

McCowboys
November 24th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Good question... I am assuming no TV, but will Mcneese have streaming video??

McNeese will stream video of the game through its Cowboys Insider (subscription). http://www.nmnathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22000&ATCLID=1524485

I don't know if you can subscribe for just one game or not (the monthly fee is $7.95 or $9.95 or something in that range), but you can subscribe and then cancel after the game.

This is the second year for the games to be carried through Cowboys Insider (JumpTV). It has been much better in terms of reliability this year.

I assume UNH will have audio. If not, McNeese offers free audio through Gator 99.5.

McCowboys
November 24th, 2009, 05:58 AM
McNeese will stream video of the game through its Cowboys Insider (subscription). http://www.nmnathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22000&ATCLID=1524485

I don't know if you can subscribe for just one game or not (the monthly fee is $7.95 or $9.95 or something in that range), but you can subscribe and then cancel after the game.

This is the second year for the games to be carried through Cowboys Insider (JumpTV). It has been much better in terms of reliability this year.

I assume UNH will have audio. If not, McNeese offers free audio through Gator 99.5.

I may have spoken too soon. The game was listed for Cowboys Insider when I checked yesterday, but it is currently not listed. It is shown as being carried by Cowboys Insider on the all-sports schedule: http://www.nmnathletics.com/main/Schedule.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22000&KEY=
and this is probably more accurate as it shows the men's basketball game as having been moved to 7 PM due to the football game.

crossfire07
November 24th, 2009, 06:19 AM
I'm sure with everything else going on they will get to it in time.

UNH72Plus
November 24th, 2009, 06:39 AM
The Cats started out with the same old vanilla offense last week, but somehow a bit of the old Santos/Kelly offense sneaked back into the game. The touchdown on a reverse, the inside screen that set up the winning score, and the flea flicker that left JT Wright wide open in the end zone (even if Toman was a bit off on his pass) were the keys to the victory. After racking up a total of 95 yards total offense in the first half, I think those plays helped free up the running game in the second half.

Toman looked more at ease in the second too (the one interception call was a travesty). I think his state of mind and the defensive lines health are two main keys to the game.

FormerPokeCenter
November 24th, 2009, 06:40 AM
I'm sure with everything else going on they will get to it in time.

With the way the NCAA locks everything down during the playoffs, it may not be possible for us to stream video to this game....

JohnStOnge
November 24th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Comparative scores anyone? Tulane over McNeese by 10. Tulane over Army by 1=even. Army & UNH over Ball state by 7. Given that UNH is the Northern visitor to "The Hole" it looks deadeven to me. Go Wildcats! xlolx

If you want insight based on score comparisons just use power ratings. Sagarin makes UNH a 2 point favorite. Other systems will probably be comparable. I imagine that if someone finds lines on FCS games it'll be something in that general order of magnitude as well. New Hampshire is a favorite but the line is relatively small with McNeese playing at home.

UNH Fanboi
November 24th, 2009, 06:54 AM
With the way the NCAA locks everything down during the playoffs, it may not be possible for us to stream video to this game....

SIU had a stream when we played them last year, so I don't see why McNeese wouldn't be able to do the same thing this year.

UNH Fanboi
November 24th, 2009, 07:00 AM

Can you finally just admit that you have a personal connection to Decker? Why else would a Holy Cross fan have such intimate knowledge of UNH's second string QB and such a strong opinion on him playing? If I recall correctly, you were making some of these posts before Decker had even seen any snaps. Were you driving through Durham in August and just happen to see Decker during training camp? It doesn't add up.

UNH Fanboi
November 24th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Regarding the comments about UNH's vanilla play calling, I'm not sure that's totally fair assessment. It's a lot easier to be creative when you have Ricky Santos and David Ball playing. Perhaps the conservative play calling is warranted by the current teams level of talent on the offense.

UNHFootballAlum
November 24th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Regarding the comments about UNH's vanilla play calling, I'm not sure that's totally fair assessment. It's a lot easier to be creative when you have Ricky Santos and David Ball playing. Perhaps the conservative play calling is warranted by the current teams level of talent on the offense.

That is not the case. We need more aggressive play calling at the start of the game to put the D on the heels. Toman is a veteran QB, WR/TE - Sicko, Negron, Wright are veteran recievers, and RB - Kackert and Jellison are veteran backs. There should be no excuse for vanilla playcalling

McNeese72
November 24th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Are any of you UNH fans coming down? I need a UNH hat for my opponents' hat wall in my office (see picture below). I'm willing to pay for it plus supply food and drinks, if you bring one for me.

We are located in tailgating spots 14 & 16 (numbers painted on the road) in the Westside Reserved Tailgating Area which is located behind the left field wall of the baseball stadium (and across the street from the Frosty Factory).

Here is a picture of the hat wall in my office. Note: This picture is outdated by over a year as I've have added a few new hats since it was taken.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/hatwall2.jpg

Doc

Geaux25
November 24th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I like the conversation going on in this thread...not much talk about McNeese's offense, defense, special teams, trends, etc. Lots of UNH fans arguing about personnel and coaching decisions. We will sit back here and continue to fly under the radar just fine if you all don't mind. xthumbsupx

I'm kidding, of course.

However, I was wondering if any McNeese fans had heard an injury on Friddle?

McNeese72
November 24th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I like the conversation going on in this thread...not much talk about McNeese's offense, defense, special teams, trends, etc. Lots of UNH fans arguing about personnel and coaching decisions. We will sit back here and continue to fly under the radar just fine if you all don't mind. xthumbsupx

I'm kidding, of course.

However, I was wondering if any McNeese fans had heard an injury on Friddle?

Friddle's injury was/is an ankle. He had it iced after he came off the field and wasn't dressed at all after the half. I don't know how bad it was or whether he will be able to play this week or not. Bad as it looked Saturday night, I'd be surprised if he does.

Doc

UNH SUPERFAN
November 24th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Tell me about McNeese, how did it get it's name (McNeese). What does it specialize in academically? Most state schools here tend to be heavy in teaching degrees. Are most of your players from LA?

I know I could find this stuff out online but I figured you guys would give better insight into it.

Wish I could come, you guys sound like a great bunch!!

Prominentwon
November 24th, 2009, 08:51 PM

Yeah. I find it to be humorous how App St. is the 2nd or 3rd best team in the playoff bracket, yet, I seem to remember a team beating them in Week 2. First opening home loss since 2000.

My memory is cloudy though. Who knows? Whoever that team is must be pretty decent. Oh wait......

Have any of you McNeese fans seen the prediction threads? xlolx Apparently we don't have a snowball's chance in hell.

FormerPokeCenter
November 24th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Tell me about McNeese, how did it get it's name (McNeese). What does it specialize in academically? Most state schools here tend to be heavy in teaching degrees. Are most of your players from LA?

I know I could find this stuff out online but I figured you guys would give better insight into it.

McNeese State is named after John McNeese, a local cattleman, lawyer and educator. He's credited with conducting the first successful cattle drive across the Sabine River from Texas into Louisiana, to open a route for east Texas cattle to New Orleans.

Most Texas cattle went along the salt grass trail, up through central Texas and connected with the Chishom trail outside of Dallas and continued on to Kansas City. McNeese later studied law and opened a practice in Lake Charles. He would later be elected to serve as the area's first Superintendent of Public Schools...

McNeese got it's start as a part of the LSU system, and later broke off to become John McNeese Junior College, eventually transition to four-year college and then university status...

Interestingly, McNeese athletic teams almost became "The Buccaneers" because Contraband Bayou, a frequent hiding place of notorious privateer Jean Laffitte, runs through campus. The Cowboy nickname is an homage to John McNeese's first avocation.

McNeese pronounced Mack Neese, instead of MickNeese, in accordance with the McNeee family's wishes.

McNeese has a strong education curriculum, but also excels at producing nurses, engineers and pre-med majors.

Most of our players are from Louisiana and SE Texas.

Prominentwon
November 24th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Tell me about McNeese, how did it get it's name (McNeese). What does it specialize in academically?

McNeese State University, founded in 1939, is a university located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA. Originally called Lake Charles Junior College, the name became John McNeese Junior College in 1940; the school was part of the Louisiana State University system. In 1950, the school parted from the LSU system and became McNeese State College; in 1970, the institution gained university status.

Most state schools here tend to be heavy in teaching degrees. Are most of your players from LA?

The majority of the players are from Louisiana but we also have quite a few from Texas. The proximity to Houston (a tad under 2 hours away) allows for successful recruitment in SE Texas.

I've wished they could expand themselves into the Miss, AL, and Florida panhandles being that it's 4-5 hours away also.

McNeese72
November 24th, 2009, 09:21 PM

Here is the Game Notes version:

About the University
McNeese State is located in Lake Charles, LA, a city of 80,000 in the Southwest part of Louisiana. McNeese was established in 1939 as a junior college and a division of the Louisiana State University system. It later broke away becoming McNeese State. the school is named for John McNeese, the first superintendent of education in Calcasieu Parish (the parish in which Lake Charles is located). The school mascot is the Cowboy and was derived from the fact that John McNeese was also a cattle rancher and was renowned for making the first cattle drive across the Sabine River (the river that separates Louisiana and Texas).
McNeese is a coed university with an enrollment of 8,645. Dr. Robert Hebert serves as the president and Tommy McClelland is the athletic director.
The schools of study for the university are: the Arts, Sciences, Engineering/Technology, Nursing, Education, Business and the Graduate School.
Among the many former McNeese State athletes who have gone on to professional stardom are: Joe Dumars in basketball (now president of the Detroit Pistons), Leonard Smith (Buffalo, St. Louis) and Zack Bronson (San Francisco) in football and Ray Fontenot (New York Yankees) and Ben Broussard (Cleveland Indians) in baseball.

Doc

McTailGator
November 24th, 2009, 09:26 PM

Here is the quick and skinny about McNeese

• Founded on September 11th, 1938

• Named after John McNeese, a renowned Southwest Louisiana educator and the first superintendent of schools in Imperial Calcasieu Parish. McNeese was also a SWLa Rancher thus the mascot name Cowboys.

• Member of the University of Louisiana System and a selective admissions institution,

• McNeese offers degrees through six academic colleges:
 Business,
 Education,
 Engineering and Technology,
 Liberal Arts,
 Nursing, and
 Science.

• McNeese's student body comprises over 8,800 students from 56 parishes, 34 states, and 49 countries.

Notable McNeese alumni include:

• Dr. Cecil Cyrus Vaughn, a pioneer in cardiovascular medicine and artificial transplant surgery;

• Sheryl L. Absire, one of the first five inductees into the National Teacher Hall of Fame and a Christa McAuliffe Fellow;

• Joe Dumars, former NBA great, Hall of Famer and current president of the Detroit Pistons; and

• Andre Dubus, a critically acclaimed novelist and short story writer.

• McNeese's athletic programs are NCAA-certified for competition at Division I levels.

• The football team achieved national prominence when it beat Tulsa in the 1976 Independance Bowl, and competed against Syracuse University in 1979 and Southern Miss. in 1980. After deciding to drop from I-A to I-AA in 1982, McNeese has participated in a total of 14 times while advancing to the national championship game in 1997 and 2002.

• The McNeese State University campus in Lake Charles, Louisiana features 68 buildings on 500 acres dotted with live oak trees and azalea bushes.

• The McNeese community continues to use the three original structures constructed in 1938 - Kaufman Hall, Ralph O. Ward Memorial Gym (the Arena), and Francis G. Bulber Auditorium. Bulber Auditorium, a striking example of Art Deco architecture, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

McNeese State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, as well as the following:

• AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
• American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
• American Chemical Society
• Commission on Accreditation/Approval for Dietetics Education
• Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
• Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
• Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
• National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
• National Association of Schools of Music
• National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
• National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
• Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
• American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance/National Association for Sport and Physical Education
• Association for Childhood Education International
• Council for Exceptional Children
• International Society for Technology Education
• Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
• Louisiana State Board of Nursing
• National Association for the Education of Young Children
• National Collegiate Athletic Association
• National Council for the Social Studies
• National Council of Teachers of English
• National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
• National Science Teachers Association
• Organization of American Kodály Educators

McTailGator
November 24th, 2009, 09:47 PM

31 of the 96 players on the McNeese Roster are from the Southeast Texas area, the other 67 percent or so are from Louisiana.

Keep in mind, Lake Charles is only 30 Miles or so from the Texas Border, and a short 2 1/2 hours from Houston's 51/2 million population, which is larger than all of Louisiana. I and many other McNeese alumni live in the Houston area.

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah. I find it to be humorous how App St. is the 2nd or 3rd best team in the playoff bracket, yet, I seem to remember a team beating them in Week 2. First opening home loss since 2000.

My memory is cloudy though. Who knows? Whoever that team is must be pretty decent. Oh wait......

Have any of you McNeese fans seen the prediction threads? xlolx Apparently we don't have a snowball's chance in hell.
I wont say McNeese is better then App State, I wont say App State is better then McNeese. The best team doesn't always win, just look back this season when UMass beat UNH. UMass isnt the better team, they just had the better game.

McTailGator
November 24th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I wont say McNeese is better then App State, I wont say App State is better then McNeese. The best team doesn't always win, just look back this season when UMass beat UNH. UMass isnt the better team, they just had the better game.

That is how many McNeese fans feel about the SFA/McNeese game.

Prominentwon
November 24th, 2009, 10:19 PM

Absolutely agree. Like the poster above said, that's how we feel about the SFA game.

I'm just reminding folks that keep putting App St. on a pedestal while the majority of the time completely eliminating McNeese out of the playoff discussion as if we're Holy Cross. (with all due respect to Holy Cross)

I'm on the brink of being done with the sandbagging. I don't see how the rest have continued to do it year in and year out. It's hard to bite my tongue. I'm going to anyway so I don't jinx the possibility of breaking this 1st Rd skid.

All I will say is that it took UCA + cold, windy, and rainy conditions to slow McNeese's offense down. They were the first team to do so this year. I'm excited about this offense and it's explosiveness. After the way the defense has held the last few games, my confidence grows with them every week.

I'm looking forward to this game and if UNH can't at least slow down McNeese's offense, I don't think their offense will be able to keep up. They'll score and rack up some yardage, but it seems like the defense is the epitome of bend but don't break.

If UNH defense is succesful slowing McNeese down, then it's going to come down to the end of the game. The game being a toss-up.

If UNH has issues, look out. Plus, it's going to be a beautiful day and the track is going to be extremely fast. We'll see who's defensive schemes figures out whoms first.

UNH 24
McNeese 35

WSBE
November 24th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Anyone know yet if the game will be streaming live through the McNeese website?

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Absolutely agree. Like the poster above said, that's how we feel about the SFA game.

I'm just reminding folks that keep putting App St. on a pedestal while the majority of the time completely eliminating McNeese out of the playoff discussion as if we're Holy Cross. (with all due respect to Holy Cross)

I'm on the brink of being done with the sandbagging. I don't see how the rest have continued to do it year in and year out. It's hard to bite my tongue. I'm going to anyway so I don't jinx the possibility of breaking this 1st Rd skid.

All I will say is that it took UCA + cold, windy, and rainy conditions to slow McNeese's offense down. They were the first team to do so this year. I'm excited about this offense and it's explosiveness. After the way the defense has held the last few games, my confidence grows with them every week.

I'm looking forward to this game and if UNH can't at least slow down McNeese's offense, I don't think their offense will be able to keep up. They'll score and rack up some yardage, but it seems like the defense is the epitome of bend but don't break.

If UNH defense is succesful slowing McNeese down, then it's going to come down to the end of the game. The game being a toss-up.

If UNH has issues, look out. Plus, it's going to be a beautiful day and the track is going to be extremely fast. We'll see who's defensive schemes figures out whoms first.

UNH 24
McNeese 35
The UNH offense isn't pedestrian. McNeese only averages 4.5 points per game more then UNH. This wont be about whether UNH can slow down McNeese or if UNH has issues.

Wildcat80
November 24th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I already know enough about the Mcneese state Cowboys to have the utmost respect for them & their fans. Two evenly matched teams. Whoever makes the fewest mistakes should win. Hope its UNH! :)

UNHFootballAlum
November 24th, 2009, 11:16 PM

UNH 24
McNeese 35

UNH is playoff road tested and will not be phased by the environment. The same type of thing was said about the 2007 UNH team that played UNI. UNI's offense was unstoppable and their Defense was a top 20 that year. UNI was the #1 team in the country that year and was a 2 TD favorite. UNI had to score in the last seconds to win the game. This will be a close game and UNH has faced fast and powerful offenses before. I agree it will come down to which "D" can slow down the others "O"

McNeese72
November 24th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Anyone know yet if the game will be streaming live through the McNeese website?

I've been trying to get that answer. I've even emailed both the AD and assistant AD.

From my understanding is that the NCAA has control of all video rights.

Doc

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I've been trying to get that answer. I've even emailed both the AD and assistant AD.

From my understanding is that the NCAA has control of all video rights.

Doc
NCAA will probably want a percentage of any revenue the broadcast would bring in. If McNeese agrees to it they will prolly let them broadcast it.

wideright82
November 24th, 2009, 11:36 PM

Exactly. Like UNH v. Villanova too xlolx

McNeese72
November 24th, 2009, 11:40 PM
NCAA will probably want a percentage of any revenue the broadcast would bring in. If McNeese agrees to it they will prolly let them broadcast it.

Sounds about right. If I was McNeese, I wouldn't announce it until the very last minute or even adverstise it at all. I'd want every butt I could get in the stands.

Didn't the NCAA have links to video streaming on their interactive brackets last season? Seems like I remember watching a game or two there last season. Of course, if they are smart, they will wait until later in the week to put those links up. The schools need to sell as many tickets as possible.

Doc

Hint: If you can't make the game, keep checking the McNeese website even Saturday.

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2009, 11:48 PM
yes, UNH vs Villanova fits into the McNeese vs Appy category... just cause UNH won doesnt mean there better, but we dont know if Villanova is better either,.. there both good teams...

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 25th, 2009, 03:11 AM
The UNH web site has a link to the McNeese video game feed.
Did anyone watch that feed during the season? How is the quality?

WSBE
November 25th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Doc, UNH fans...thanks for the info on the feed....I hope it's real!....by the way Doc, your website makes me want to move to the Bayou & become a McNeese St fan....wow that tailgating scene is fantastic. UNH (Boulder Field) has really kicked up since the team has had a lot of success...we have some good times & good tailgates - but nothing like those pictures.

UNH SUPERFAN
November 25th, 2009, 05:23 AM
How much will Thanksgiving holiday break hold down attendance there? In '04 when we went to Georgia Southern the crowd wasn't that big because most of the students were out of town. The first round playoffs are not as well attended for that reason.

McNeese75
November 25th, 2009, 05:56 AM
How much will Thanksgiving holiday break hold down attendance there? In '04 when we went to Georgia Southern the crowd wasn't that big because most of the students were out of town. The first round playoffs are not as well attended for that reason.

The first weekend is always a weak in attendance. Wild guess 13,000 + should be there (seated capacity over 17,000)

JohnStOnge
November 25th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Bottom line is that McNeese is strong on offense but weak on defense. We'll see what happens.

Geaux25
November 25th, 2009, 06:41 AM
The first weekend is always a weak in attendance. Wild guess 13,000 + should be there (seated capacity over 17,000)

From what I hear though, A LOT of students are coming back into town for the game. I hope this is true.

And for those UNH fans that think a 2 p.m. kickoff won't give the crowd/students enough time to get lathered up (for lack of a better term), then you clearly haven't been to Louisiana. ;)

Geaux25
November 25th, 2009, 06:59 AM
...and to answer my own question from earlier, WR Immanuel Friddle will play Saturday from what I've heard.

ASU_MBA
November 26th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Geaux McNeese!

McNeese72
November 26th, 2009, 12:41 AM
...and to answer my own question from earlier, WR Immanuel Friddle will play Saturday from what I've heard.

They better tape that ankle good or he won't be in there very long from what I saw Saturday.

Doc

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2009, 12:45 AM
From what I hear though, A LOT of students are coming back into town for the game. I hope this is true.

And for those UNH fans that think a 2 p.m. kickoff won't give the crowd/students enough time to get lathered up (for lack of a better term), then you clearly haven't been to Louisiana. ;)

We kick off at noon and its not enough time, but I'm not sure if a 4 o'clock start would get the students to the games in New England.

Native
November 26th, 2009, 12:56 AM

No problem in Louisiana. Just run down to the local drive-through daquiri shop. Only takes a moment. xlolx

http://stuffcajunpeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/04/03/12-drive-through-daiquiri-shops/

McNeese72
November 26th, 2009, 01:04 AM
No problem in Louisiana. Just run down to the local drive-through daquiri shop. Only takes a moment. xlolx

http://stuffcajunpeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/04/03/12-drive-through-daiquiri-shops/

Hell, we have two of those across the street from the Westside Reserved Tailgating area.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/hsu09tgff.jpg

Doc

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Hell, we have two of those across the street from the Westside Reserved Tailgating area.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/hsu09tgff.jpg

Doc

Now I'm madder then ever that I'm not going

Geaux25
November 26th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I've read a whole lot of excuses coming from Louisiana on this board...xeyebrowx

That's because we need them...

In case you haven't heard, we're not very good. xbawlingx

Geaux25
November 26th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Why are my posts showing up on page 8?

Geaux25
November 26th, 2009, 02:40 AM
They better tape that ankle good or he won't be in there very long from what I saw Saturday.

Doc

I've got a good source that says he's playing. I hope he's telling the truth!

McNeese72
November 26th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Now I'm madder then ever that I'm not going

Does this shot of the inside help any? :)

Doc

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/sam07tgff2.jpg

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Does this shot of the inside help any? :)

Doc

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/sam07tgff2.jpg

At first you came across as a nice guy....now you're just being mean.xlolx

UNH72Plus
November 26th, 2009, 03:22 AM

You know my memory is getting bad, too. Is this the same team that had to score 15 4th quarter points, including a TD with less than 2 minutes to go, to beat 3-5, DII Henderson State? Just curious.

sharkeycox
November 26th, 2009, 03:33 AM
You know my memory is getting bad, too. Is this the same team that had to score 15 4th quarter points, including a TD with less than 2 minutes to go, to beat 3-5, DII Henderson State? Just curious.

Yeah, we ain't no good. Weez just luky 2 bee hear.xbawlingx

FormerPokeCenter
November 26th, 2009, 03:34 AM

Yes, it is...that very same team. The same one that ran only four different offensive plays in the first three quarters and only got to the second page of the playbook in the last two minutes...

You can argue that it shouldn't have ever gotten to that....but...it's significant that the head coach didn't show any more of the playbook than he absolutely had to the week before App State...

You'll get a chance to see what wicked clock management skills he's got.
Ask App State about the final drive in the fourth quarter that ate six minutes off the clock exactly when it needed to be eaten ;)

Native
November 26th, 2009, 03:40 AM
You can argue that it shouldn't have ever gotten to that....but...it's significant that the head coach didn't show any more of the playbook than he absolutely had to the week before App State...

Ask App State about the final drive in the fourth quarter that ate six minutes off the clock exactly when it needed to be eaten ;)

Can't argue with success.

NHWildcatfan
November 26th, 2009, 03:51 AM
http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2009-10/releases/20091125jlvmu5

McNeese72
November 26th, 2009, 04:10 AM
Yes, it is...that very same team. The same one that ran only four different offensive plays in the first three quarters and only got to the second page of the playbook in the last two minutes...

Wait!! You forgot about all the injured players we sat out that first game. Plus, the fact that an ex-assistant coach of ours (from last year or the year before) who knew us like a well read book was on the HSU coaching staff. They schemed us pretty well.

A different team with a bigger play book went to App St. compared to the one that played Henderson St. Any opposing fan better not be hanging their hat on the Henderson St. game.

Wait, I forgot. Don't worry we "ain't" any good.
Doc

art vandelay
November 26th, 2009, 04:40 AM

hopefuly this will be settled in week 2.;) but for now my concern is with McNeese.

GeauxMcNeese
November 26th, 2009, 05:28 AM
You know my memory is getting bad, too. Is this the same team that had to score 15 4th quarter points, including a TD with less than 2 minutes to go, to beat 3-5, DII Henderson State? Just curious. Yep, that's us. we are absolutely horrible. No problem.

JohnStOnge
November 26th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I've read a whole lot of excuses coming from Louisiana on this board...xeyebrowx

There is no real "excuse" for the difficulty McNeese had with Henderson State, but it became pretty obvious the very next week that the Cowboys were/are capable of better performances than that. If someone could find a way to make a football team play up to its maximum potential every week, they'd really have something.

New Hampshire, to me, had a hiccup of its own on opening day with St. Francis. No, the outcome was never really in doubt but the Wildcats only won by 10 and ended up with 11 first downs and 277 total yards.

If you go by Massey's ratings that combine all divisions and subdivisions, St. Francis is rated lower (348) than Henderson State is (329). New Hampshire's performance against St. Francis was not quite as bad as McNeese's performance against Henderson State was but, still, one wouldn't think a team that had New Hampshire's performance against St. Francis would end up beating a team like Villanova later in the season.

Besides, McNeese really did have something like 11 (or was it 13?) starters out against Henderson State. I think the Cowboys should've won more comfortably than they did anyway but there's no way something like that isn't going to be a factor. If that's an excuse I guess it's an excuse. I look at it, as I said, as a factor.

JohnStOnge
November 26th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by UNH72Plus

Yes; which is why I expected Appalachian State to blow them out. But that didn't happen. Weird.

UNH_BLUE
November 26th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet in this thread but is the only video for this game available through the McNeese State Athletic website?

McTailGator
November 26th, 2009, 08:52 AM

Here is an excuse for the Henderson state game. In fact here are two

1) 9 defensive starters did not play during that game due to injuries from pre-season camp.

2) Coach kept it simple and did not open up the playbook on offense so as not to let App State have a view.

Both are indeed excusses. BOTH or indeed FACTS.

Take them how you please.

GoCowboys68
November 26th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Is it you Doc or Dennis that has the picture from the balcony of the Frosty Factory showing the tailgating area? That would be a nice one to show also.

McNeese72
November 26th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Is it you Doc or Dennis that has the picture from the balcony of the Frosty Factory showing the tailgating area? That would be a nice one to show also.

I thought about that earlier today but never got around to doing it.

Here is the McNeese Westside Reserved Tailgating area looking from the second floor balcony of the Frosty Factory.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/dsu08tgws1.jpg

Doc

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2009, 10:27 AM
UNH Fans...what ever happend with David Ball and Ricky Santos? I am not trying to be a wise guy but are they now residing up north in Canada?

Cats02
November 26th, 2009, 11:15 AM

MightyMightyGriz
November 26th, 2009, 11:17 AM
With all do respect, I am truely undecided who to root for in this game. Upmost respect for these 2 teams based on what I have seen in fans and players. This is I think the greatest matchup for first round. Good Luck to you all and may you all stay healthy and un hurt for the next round. xthumbsupx

Oh yeah, good LUCK to ELON and South Carolina also. xcoffeex

smcwildcat
November 26th, 2009, 11:59 AM
there is a link for free on the unh website...unhwildcats.com should be a great game im leavn tomorrow out of pease

McNeese72
November 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM
there is a link for free on the unh website...unhwildcats.com should be a great game im leavn tomorrow out of pease

Hey,

I need a UNH hat for my collection of opponents' hats on the wall in my office. You wouldn't have an extra, would you?

Doc

UNH72Plus
November 26th, 2009, 04:58 PM
UNH Fans...what ever happend with David Ball and Ricky Santos? I am not trying to be a wise guy but are they now residing up north in Canada?

Ball has been with the Hamilton Tigercats all season on the injured reserve. He played sparingly during the pre-season and got some rave reviews for his hands and leaping ability. He just hasn't been given a real chance to show what he can do, because he lacks the speed that the team likes.

Santos got traded trade from Montreal to Winnepeg where he's #3 on the depth charts. Last I checked, he had played in one game and had a rushing touchdown.

I reade somewhere, probably the Concord (NH) Monitor that both players were pretty frustrated.

UNH72Plus
November 26th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Ball has been with the Hamilton Tigercats all season on the injured reserve. He played sparingly during the pre-season and got some rave reviews for his hands and leaping ability. He just hasn't been given a real chance to show what he can do, because he lacks the speed that the team likes.

Santos got traded trade from Montreal to Winnepeg where he's #3 on the depth charts. Last I checked, he had played in one game and had a rushing touchdown.

I read somewhere, probably the Concord (NH) Monitor that both players were pretty frustrated.

I just checked the teams' websites. Santos has been used on short yardage downs and has rushed 7 times for 24 yards and 1 TD. He has no passes in 2009.

Ball is still listed on Hamilton's injured reserve.

smcwildcat
November 26th, 2009, 05:10 PM
hey doc i got u covered ok no prob. if u can get me an old school like plastic adjustbale mcneese hat that would make me happy

WrenFGun
November 26th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Glad to hear you're going to make the trip, SMC. Bring a bunch of people with you!

McNeese72
November 26th, 2009, 08:08 PM
hey doc i got u covered ok no prob. if u can get me an old school like plastic adjustbale mcneese hat that would make me happy

Perfect, I'm going to the McNeese Connection (an extension of the Bookstore) tomorrow to do some Christmas shopping so I'll pick up a brand new one tomorrow. I'll try to get the best looking one I can find.

You can find me at the Westside Tailgate Area (outside the left field wall of the baseball stadium), spots 14 & 16 (numbers painted on the asphalt road) which is located just on the north side of the first road inside the tailgate area. We will have one Pilgrim travel trailer parked on it with 4 popup canopies bunched to together on the side of it. Just come on in and introduce yourself. If I'm out taking pictures somewhere, they'll know where to find me.

We are supposed to be cooking brunch if you get their early enough.

Here is a not so good shot of our tailgating spot.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/psu07tggc2.jpg

Doc

MSU_77
November 26th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Do you still have this sign, Doc?

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/5028235-md.jpg

T-Dog
November 26th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Geaux McNeese. Anyone but the CAA!

McNeese72
November 26th, 2009, 09:58 PM

We can't locate it. We think the globe trotting McTailgator has it stored somewhere. Haven't used it all year.

Doc

UNHFan
November 26th, 2009, 10:03 PM
OK OK So you guys have a better Stadium then us!!!! OK your local HS probably has also!! lol

Good luck guys I can wait for this game!!

R3TRO
November 26th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Go 'Cats! Let's hope the offensive momentum from the 4th quarter vs. Maine will carry over into this Saturday. Hope I can watch it somehow... Don't know much about McNeese..

Old Cat Fan
November 26th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I was just on your web page Doc, nice job lots of great pictures, put you right in the action. lets a fan get a feel for the hole without being there in person.. Good luck to both teams and no making fun of any Yankee accents

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/index.asp

Old Cat Fan
November 26th, 2009, 10:15 PM
=Prominentwon;1476050]McNeese State University, founded in 1939, is a university located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA. Originally called Lake Charles Junior College, the name became John McNeese Junior College in 1940; the school was part of the Louisiana State University system. In 1950, the school parted from the LSU system and became McNeese State College; in 1970, the institution gained university status.

(a tad under 2 hours away)[/I] allows for successful recruitment in SE Texas.

I've wished they could expand themselves into the Miss, AL, and Florida panhandles being that it's 4-5 hours away also.

Was just checking the Wildcats roster, I counted 12 states and Canada with a couple of players from Florida

WSBE
November 26th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Doc.....If for some reason, Smwildcat forgets your hat....I'll shoot one out in the mail to you early next week....no problem...win or lose!

McNeese72
November 26th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Doc.....If for some reason, Smwildcat forgets your hat....I'll shoot one out in the mail to you early next week....no problem...win or lose!

Thanks. I'll let you know if I get one or not.

Doc

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2009, 07:09 AM
I just checked the teams' websites. Santos has been used on short yardage downs and has rushed 7 times for 24 yards and 1 TD. He has no passes in 2009.

Ball is still listed on Hamilton's injured reserve.

yep, I was curious enough to get off my arse and look it up, I would like to see both of them get a chance to play

gracias

Mountaineer#96
November 27th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Go Pokes!!!!.......run the ball like you mean it

McTailGator
November 27th, 2009, 08:00 AM

I think Andy has one of them in his camper.

I have the other one at my house, or in storage somewhere.

I'm moving and half my stuff is in storage and the other half is somewhere...

I hate moving.

McTailGator
November 27th, 2009, 08:04 AM
We can't locate it. We think the globe trotting McTailgator has it stored somewhere. Haven't used it all year.

Doc

Doc,

I think it is in storage...

In fact I know I have at least one of the two here in storage.

Headed to Germany on Sunday, be back on the 4th.

I'm going to see about flying back into Newark, NJ and then driving over to Philly if we are still playing in week two.

Might see you and CBuck there.

JohnStOnge
November 27th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I asked about this on the McNeese Delphi board too. I was at family Thanksgiving in Lake Charles yesterday and my brother told me Tod Pendland may not play. He said Pendland has a cast on his hand. He said that both Pendland and D. Fourroux were saying he can play but that Coach Viator said he doesn't see how a running back can play with a cast on his hand. What's the story McNeese insiders?

sharkeycox
November 27th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I asked about this on the McNeese Delphi board too. I was at family Thanksgiving in Lake Charles yesterday and my brother told me Tod Pendland may not play. He said Pendland has a cast on his hand. He said that both Pendland and D. Fourroux were saying he can play but that Coach Viator said he doesn't see how a running back can play with a cast on his hand. What's the story McNeese insiders?

He is playingxthumbsupx

JohnStOnge
November 27th, 2009, 08:37 AM
He is playingxthumbsupx

Ok. I hope they're going to have him fixed up so that he's got good ball security, etc. When my brother said "cast" on his hand that's scary. But I have to believe the coaches wouldn't play him if the risk of fumbling is notably increased by something like playing in a cast. As good as he is I'd be scared to see him playing if there's any ball security question at all. I'd rather go ahead and put it on Babin and Murray to step up. Wouldn't be happy about it. I'm sick of McNeese going into the playoffs with really key players negated by injury. But you know what I"m saying.

Geaux25
November 27th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Ok. I hope they're going to have him fixed up so that he's got good ball security, etc. When my brother said "cast" on his hand that's scary. But I have to believe the coaches wouldn't play him if the risk of fumbling is notably increased by something like playing in a cast. As good as he is I'd be scared to see him playing if there's any ball security question at all. I'd rather go ahead and put it on Babin and Murray to step up. Wouldn't be happy about it. I'm sick of McNeese going into the playoffs with really key players negated by injury. But you know what I"m saying.

He hurt it in the 2nd quarter of the UCA game, and he continued to play with no ball security issues. I don't know if he has a cast on it or not, but (per his facebook) he is playing.

McNeese72
November 27th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Doc,

I think it is in storage...

In fact I know I have at least one of the two here in storage.

Headed to Germany on Sunday, be back on the 4th.

I'm going to see about flying back into Newark, NJ and then driving over to Philly if we are still playing in week two.

Might see you and CBuck there.

I think you took the second one back at the end of the season last year and was going to clean it. But my memory is fuzzy on it.

Doc

sharkeycox
November 27th, 2009, 09:58 AM

I am sure you are never happyxeyebrowx

JohnStOnge
November 27th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I am sure you are never happyxeyebrowx

I'm happy all the time. I was happy when they got by Texas State. I was happy when they got by Central Arkansas. That was a very tough task to end the season in order to get into the playoffs and they did it. I'll be happy if they win tomorrow.

But, no, I'm not happy that Todd Pendland hurt his hand. I would much prefer that that hadn't happened. And I'm going to be concerned if he plays with a cast on his hands. I'm going to be concerned that his likelihood of fumbling will be increased. But if he plays with a cast on his hand, plays his normal role, and doesn't fumble I'll be thrilled. I'll also be thrilled if he sees reduced action, Babin and Murray step up, and McNeese wins anyway.

Surely everyone can see why a running back playing with a cast on his hand might raise conserns about increased likelihood of fumbling.

sharkeycox
November 27th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I'm happy all the time. I was happy when they got by Texas State. I was happy when they got by Central Arkansas. That was a very tough task to end the season in order to get into the playoffs and they did it. I'll be happy if they win tomorrow.

But, no, I'm not happy that Todd Pendland hurt his hand. I would much prefer that that hadn't happened. And I'm going to be concerned if he plays with a cast on his hands. I'm going to be concerned that his likelihood of fumbling will be increased. But if he plays with a cast on his hand, plays his normal role, and doesn't fumble I'll be thrilled. I'll also be thrilled if he sees reduced action, Babin and Murray step up, and McNeese wins anyway.

Surely everyone can see why a running back playing with a cast on his hand might raise conserns about increased likelihood of fumbling.

Methinks you are probably the most anal person in the world.xreadx

MSU_77
November 27th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Methinks you are probably the most anal person in the world.xreadx

I work all day with NASA scientists and engineers. Believe me, John is NOT the most anal person in the world. He would fit right in at Goddard. xlolx

smcwildcat
November 27th, 2009, 05:52 PM
doc we just got here...stadium was very nice cool to see fans already there taligtn...very legit atmosphere....i got the hat fyi

McTailGator
November 27th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I think you took the second one back at the end of the season last year and was going to clean it. But my memory is fuzzy on it.

Doc

Well it is clean, so I guess I did that. (; LOL

I am in the process of moving over the T-Giving holidays.

I have been avoiding doing anything with my McNeese stuff so I get it into storage last for easy access.

I will bring it to you next time I am in LC.

I will be there in court during the entire month of January. I am the Corp. Rep in a federal court case and a member of the legal team.

McNeese72
November 27th, 2009, 07:26 PM
doc we just got here...stadium was very nice cool to see fans already there taligtn...very legit atmosphere....i got the hat fyi

I got the McNeese hat today. Will see you sometime tomorrow.

Doc

McNeese72
November 27th, 2009, 07:27 PM

Meant to ask, did you come with the team?

Doc

smcwildcat
November 27th, 2009, 08:48 PM
yes i did....;) any chance i saw you today?

McNeese72
November 27th, 2009, 09:28 PM
yes i did....;) any chance i saw you today?

Nah! I didn't get to the tailgate area to put up the canopies until after the UNH walkthru was done and overwith.

Looks like I won't make it out to the tailgate area until about 9:30 tomorrow. Have to bring the dog to the vet at 8:30.

Doc

Geaux25
November 27th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Surprising amount of night life going on tonight in LC...lots of blue and gold out and about. Good to see.

Hope to see some UNH fans around tonight! Any fan that flies across country to SW Louisiana is a good man in my book and deserves a beer for their efforts.

xbowx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 28th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Game day Baby!!!

We're going to try to project the video feed for 50 or 60 wildcat fans

WrenFGun
November 28th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Have to drive back from Poughkeepsie this morning but will be back in Boston well before gameday. Very excited. LETS GO CATS.

Geaux25
November 28th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Wooooooo!!! It's gameday boys and girls.

We must have got some rain sometime during the night, but the forecast is great for football according to weather.com. The overnight rains shouldn't do anything to the turf in the Hole either.

Looking forward to a top notch game between two top notch football teams. xthumbsupx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 28th, 2009, 08:52 AM
That's it! I can't wait any longer.

Here's to the first of the day fellasxbeerchugx

Wildcat80
November 28th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Gameday baby is right!!! Can't wait til 3 pm. Hope the webcast works out---want to see the game. Just hope we play our best...gotta impress our Southern hosts with how we play football back East! xsmiley_wix

smcwildcat
November 28th, 2009, 10:38 AM
team is ready hotel mood is focused and quiet....its around 70 deg. should be greta day for football

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
That's it! I can't wait any longer.

Here's to the first of the day fellasxbeerchugx

Impressed by your constraint!! ;) xrotatehx :D :D Time to join you!!!! xbowx xbowx

Good luck Cowboys! Go Wildcats!!!! Wish I was at The Hole this afternoon!

xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx

UNH Fanboi
November 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM
68 minutes and counting til kickoff....can't wait!!

If UNH plays to the maximum of their potential, I think they can beat anybody.

Let's go Cats! Let's get a W and come back to the northeast so I can finally watch a game in person!

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Are we going to use this thread as the game thread or start another

UNH Fanboi
November 28th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Are we going to use this thread as the game thread or start another

All the other games have been in the same thread, so we should probably just do the same and reduce clutter.

OxSoxUNH05
November 28th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Anyone else getting an issue asking you to log in to have the video. I thought it was free

WrenFGun
November 28th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Yes, I am.

UNH 40
November 28th, 2009, 01:53 PM
How do I get the Stream video from the game? can't seem find it...

rcny46
November 28th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Looks like Steve Young is not going to be able to play today.Not good news.

UNHWildCats
November 28th, 2009, 01:54 PM
is there a free video feed for the game?

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Anyone else getting an issue asking you to log in to have the video. I thought it was free

same here WTF xconfusedx

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 01:56 PM
UNH Wins the toss

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Steve Young is a stratch, Cats to recieve

WSBE
November 28th, 2009, 01:58 PM
If this video stream doesn't come up...I'm going to put my fist through a freakin window

WrenFGun
November 28th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Any word on the free video? I'm about to pay for it but want to make sure.

OxSoxUNH05
November 28th, 2009, 01:59 PM
is there a free video feed for the game?

UNHWildcats.com links to McNeese's cowboy insider and it states it will be free but the site is asking for a login to get the feed and i go to register and can't. Not sure whats going on. I'm back with the UNH audio feed

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
UNHWildcats.com links to McNeese's cowboy insider and it states it will be free but the site is asking for a login to get the feed and i go to register and can't. Not sure whats going on. I'm back with the UNH audio feed

same here Kackert to the 26 yd line with the kick off

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:02 PM
3rd and 1 Kackert 1st down at the 36

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Toman to Sicko mid field

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2009, 02:04 PM
video link please

Old Cat Fan
3rd and 6 Toman to Orlando to the Cowboys 14

WrenFGun
Doesn't appear to be a free one.

UNH Fanboi
Toman to Orlando to the McNeese 14!!!!

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:05 PM
video link please

http://www.mcneesesports.com/newMediaPlayer/consolewmp.htm?KEY=&type=vod&oemid=22000

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Touch down cats SICKO

UNH Fanboi
TD Sicko!!!!!!!!!!!

RJ Toman is very sharp so far!

UNH 40
TD Sicko!!!!!!!!!!! That seemed easy and more importantly Toman seems to be on his game.

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Cowboys 1st down at the Cats 31 speed kills

WSBE
I paid for it & suscribed.....& it still is locked with blank screen. This blows

UNHFan
PLEASE HELP!!! Trying to watch game I was told its free.... Then I try to register and I get "No Packages to diplay" HELP!!!! PLEASE!!

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I paid for it & suscribed.....& it still is locked with blank screen. This blows

now that would really piss me off

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2009, 02:11 PM
http://www.mcneesesports.com/newMediaPlayer/consolewmp.htm?KEY=&type=vod&oemid=22000

appreciate that

NHwildEcat
Looks like McNeese St. doesn't know how to handle a came like this...pretty pissed with their website right now.

Old Cat Fan
2nd down Cowboys at the Cats 19

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Field goal attempt of 31 yds is good 7-3 Cats 8 mins left 1st

UNH Fanboi
November 28th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Looks like McNeese St. doesn't know how to handle a came like this...pretty pissed with their website right now.

Feed just started working for me. Audio is kinda crappy cause you can hear other people in the background

UNHFan
November 28th, 2009, 02:14 PM
All set thanks guy Wow they have a Live mike I bet they dont know is on!! Too funny

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:14 PM
PLEASE HELP!!! Trying to watch game I was told its free.... Then I try to register and I get "No Packages to diplay" HELP!!!! PLEASE!!

join the rest of us RADIO

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Cats ball at their 37 yd line after 9 yd scramble

NHwildEcat
November 28th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Feed just started working for me. Audio is kinda crappy cause you can hear other people in the background

Not free though? That grinds my gears...esp after being told it would be.

UNH Fanboi
November 28th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Not free though? That grinds my gears...esp after being told it would be.

Nope, had to cough up $7.95

Reminder to anyone that pays that you'll need to cancel if you don't want to get billed automatically

UNH 40
We are moving the ball extremely well right now.

UNHFan
This coverage is horrible! Annoucner sound like they are in the Bathroom and keep losing picture Dam

WrenFGun
Even when the video is working, it's not working well. So not free, and not working well.

Obnoxious.

WSBE
November 28th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I had it for a few minutes...then I lost it

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Sicko to Cowboys 1

UNHFan
Switching to Radio! Feed is horrible

Old Cat Fan
TD TD TD Toman QB sneaker

UNH Fanboi
November 28th, 2009, 02:22 PM
UNH offense is rolling baby!!

UNHlund
Sounds like Toman and Sicko are connecting really well so far. Keep it up!

UNH 40
TD Toman!!!!! Toman is on FIRE!!!xnodx

OxSoxUNH05
TD! Sounds like Toman got the kinks out during the regular season and has turned it on!

NHwildEcat
November 28th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Let's hope they can keep this up for the entire game!

WrenFGun
November 28th, 2009, 02:23 PM
WTG RJ!

14-3 UNH late in the first.

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Cowboys coming back at the Cats 28

UNHFan
November 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Take that back went from crap feed to good audio is fixed also

NHwildEcat
November 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
The Defense needs to stop it with these big plays to start off the McNeese drives...

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2009, 02:26 PM
audio feed wont work off the UNH site

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:26 PM
App state and Nova advances

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM
4th down, 40 yd attempt for Cowboys is good 14-6 Cats

NHwildEcat
November 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM
audio feed wont work off the UNH site

Really? I have had no issues...that is strange.

UNHFan
November 28th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Out of BOUNDS BABY BALL AT THE 40!!

UNH Fanboi
November 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Video is working now for me and the audio sounds good finally

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:31 PM
3rd down and 10 crowd noise picks up, Toman to Wright not enough for a 1st UNH to punt

WrenFGun
November 28th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Video's working well for me, now, too, if people are contemplating buying it.

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Cowboys TD ,no defense here 14- 13 Cats

WSBE
November 28th, 2009, 02:38 PM
to be honest...I think these guys are great...makes me feel like I'm in the booth with 'em drinkin beers.

There is almost NO penetration on the DLine...UNH is getting dominated. I don't want to dwell on the negative but its gross to be at this point in the season & be without your 2 starting down tackles.

Mattymc727
defense sounds gassed already....yikes

WrenFGun
I think the video is now free, sucks for those folks who bought it.

Also, UNH's defense just got shredded. 14-13 UNH early in the second.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2009, 02:42 PM
ok, finally got it, lets go UNH and CAA

WSBE
3 & out, again. Here we go again...slow developing, no rythym...suboptimized offensive crap

McTailGator
Really? I have had no issues...that is strange.

I couldn't get it either.

Video is working great now.

Really crappy feed today.

http://www.mcneesesports.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22000#

NHwildEcat
finally the video feed!!!

WrenFGun
November 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I wonder if McNeese will refund. I doubt it.

caribbeanhen
Bill and Mary dominating Weber 38-0 in the 4th

McTailGator
Cowboys TD ,no defense here 14- 13 Cats

Guys

Your best defense will have to be your offense.

NO FCS defense can keep us down very long.

We just have so many ways to move the ball. NOT easy to stop us for long.

We stopped ourselves vs Tulane and SFA.

I would LOVE to play those two games again.

UNHFan
November 28th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Important stop here Way to go Cats!

UNH Fanboi
November 28th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Good series by the D there. Hopefully they can slow down the pace of the McNeese offense

UNHFan
Wow great punt

caribbeanhen
Richmond hangin on against Elon 16-6 in the 4th, a real bruiser

WSBE
GREAT blitz call.....Ware is so fast. We basically are playin with 4 defensive ends across the line

WSBE
November 28th, 2009, 02:47 PM
gross...embarrassing

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2009, 02:47 PM
uh oh TD Elon 16-13 Richmond up with 8 minutes, they look tired

rcny46
November 28th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Sounds like McNeese is beginning to adjust to UNH's offense.

UNHFan
Wheels are coming off... Dam Come on D!!!

UNHFan
HUGE SACK!!!

Cats02
November 28th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I don't like how this is going xnonono2x

UNHlund
November 28th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Time left in the half?

WSBE
November 28th, 2009, 02:51 PM
well...we've said all year....we finally have a defense that can keep us in playoff games. nice work D. Imagine is Long & Young were playing

caribbeanhen
alright Toman

WrenFGun
HUGE DEEP PASS TO KEVON MASON! INSIDE THE MCNEESE 30!

UNHFan
HUGE BOMB TO THE 21 yard line

Cats02
November 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I don't like how this is going xnonono2x

I digress xthumbsupx

NHwildEcat
November 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Hell of a pass play!!! Damn.

UNHFan
November 28th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Time left in the half?

Sorry this feed dowsnt have a score or clock sadly

UNHlund
Go Cats! Punch it in!

Cats02
TD KACKERT!

UNHFan
Kackert TD!!!

UNHlund
November 28th, 2009, 02:54 PM
21-13 Cats! Let's score TDs like it's 2007!

WrenFGun
WTG KACKERT! 21-13 UNH, no idea how much time is left in the 2nd.

rcny46
Sounds like McNeese is beginning to adjust to UNH's offense.

I digress as well.

WSBE
November 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I absolutely LOVE the playcall to Mason deep...that play has worked (usually Mangieri) 9 out of 10 times this year. Great throw, great catch

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Elon is going to have the ball with about 4 minutes left, down by 3 at the 34

WrenFGun
416 to go in the 2nd, btw.

UNH Fanboi
4:15 left. McNeese ball at their own 9.

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Radio 1 play ahead of the video feed, good play I watch, bad play I look away xnodx

UNHFan
November 28th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Officials are ON THE TAKE!!! lol

UNHFan
November 28th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Wow Cowboys have a dam good Punter

NHwildEcat
November 28th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Wow Cowboys have a dam good Punter

You can say that again. I also hope we see lots of him going forward!

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Elon just missed a chipshot FG to tie the game
1 minute left