PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cross @ Villanova

Pages : [1] 2 3

crusader11
November 23rd, 2009, 08:49 AM
1983 was the last time Holy Cross was in the playoffs. Granted, they had some VERY dominant teams in the late 80s and early 90s, but the school did not allow entry into the playoffs for football. Needless to say, the student body at HC, as well as the alumni are greatly excited for this game. The only problem is, we face arguably the best team in the nation.

On paper, this is probably the most lopsided of the 8 games. It will be a tall order, no doubt, for HC to give Nova a game, but if the offense is really clicking and gets in a rhythm, I think we can put a scare into the Wildcats. If we are within a score or two going into the 4th quarter, with at least a chance to win, I'd be satisfied.

Thoughts???

Go...gate
November 23rd, 2009, 08:54 AM
You have to have a run - pass balance against that defense, which is awfully good.

GoneTribal
November 23rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
you said if the offense gets into a rhythm....

I think that is the key to Nova's D, they are excellent at disrupting opposing O's. Not a single team including Richmond could really get any rhythm against Nova. Very tall order for HC, but that's why they play the games...and playoff time always has some magic in store.

Go...gate
November 23rd, 2009, 09:28 AM
1983 was the last time Holy Cross was in the playoffs. Granted, they had some VERY dominant teams in the late 80s and early 90s, but the school did not allow entry into the playoffs for football. Needless to say, the student body at HC, as well as the alumni are greatly excited for this game. The only problem is, we face arguably the best team in the nation.

On paper, this is probably the most lopsided of the 8 games. It will be a tall order, no doubt, for HC to give Nova a game, but if the offense is really clicking and gets in a rhythm, I think we can put a scare into the Wildcats. If we are within a score or two going into the 4th quarter, with at least a chance to win, I'd be satisfied.

Thoughts???

If I recall, the last time you faced them (in 1987), YOU were by far the best team in the nation. The game was on ESPN.

You have to get your players into the mindset that winning can happen if they play the way they are capable. HC is not some half-ass football program. They have a lot of history, tradition and pride of their own.

If I haven't made this clear already, I'm really pulling for you guys. Go get 'em!

UMass922
November 23rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Though I'm a CAA fan, I'm a New Englander first. Go Crusaders! xthumbsupx

Keenan
November 23rd, 2009, 10:15 AM
Seriously, this game won't even be close. Holy Cross loses by 21+. xnodx

Anovafan
November 23rd, 2009, 10:19 AM
I think Sagarin has Nova a 25+ pt favorite. I would agree with that. Nova is peaking at the right time and playing well in all 3 phases of the game. This is the toughest Nova team I have seen since 91 or 92, maybe ever. Fast, tough and very talented.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2009, 10:20 AM
Andy Talley is not a fan of the PL and loves nothing more than to beat up on their teams when he gets the chance. Holy Cross is a solid team but Villanova is scary good this year. HC will not have seen a defense that is as fast and athletic as the Wildcats. HC has been having OL troubles the last few games and i think 'Nova will have DR running for his life.

Villanova 45 Holy Cross 24

crusader11
November 23rd, 2009, 10:29 AM
Hopefully this game will turn into a back-and-forth shootout. I don't see us fairing too well in a low scoring affair. I'd imagine Coach Gilmore will be scrutinizing the Penn v. Nova game from earlier this year (Nova only scored 14 that day).

I've seen Nova play a few times this year, and their team speed is exceptional. I really think they are beatable though. They're offense, while extremely methodical, is somewhat predictable. Although, I am sure there are times where Nova could tell their opponent the play they are running and the opposition still couldn't stop it.

Put 8 guys in the box, try to contain Whitney, Ball, and Szczur, and make Whitney beat you with his arm rather than legs.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
I'll be rooting for Holy Cross, though I'm also a big Villanova fan as I thought they've been underappreciated the last few years, and I like their coach. IMO, the key to the game for Holy Cross is making some key plays on defense on third down, because 'Nova is just sickly comfortable converting on third and four or five situations. They seem to do it on every series and have a variety of really solid weapons. Whitney doesn't have a strong arm but is accurate and very difficult to get done. Sczcur is a lock to break one for a TD.

The other key is to avoid three-and-outs. A 6 minute drive followed by a 3-and-out followed by another 6 minute drive spells doom for an opposing defense. Randolph certainly gives HC a glimmer of hope, but he'll have to have the game of his life to keep this one close, IMO. 'Nova has had a penchant for leaving teams in games (Penn this year and last year, if I recall) so it's certainly possible...

Native
November 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM

Thoughts???

Congrats for making it to the dance!

Sader87
November 23rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
Andy Talley is not a fan of the PL and loves nothing more than to beat up on their teams when he gets the chance. Holy Cross is a solid team but Villanova is scary good this year. HC will not have seen a defense that is as fast and athletic as the Wildcats. HC has been having OL troubles the last few games and i think 'Nova will have DR running for his life.

What is Talley's beef with the PL? Just curious.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Good Luck Crusaders! VU will be difficult, but with one of the best QBs in the country, you can make it interesting.
Not sure what Talley's view is of the League. A few years back when Lehigh beat VU in 2006, he was not very 'generous' in his post game comments, belittling our victory as his players throwing it away. Since then, though, he has attained better manners and actually threw some bouquets our way after our 38-17 loss.

jlcharles
November 23rd, 2009, 11:49 AM
Hopefully this game will turn into a back-and-forth shootout. I don't see us fairing too well in a low scoring affair. I'd imagine Coach Gilmore will be scrutinizing the Penn v. Nova game from earlier this year (Nova only scored 14 that day).

I've seen Nova play a few times this year, and their team speed is exceptional. I really think they are beatable though. They're offense, while extremely methodical, is somewhat predictable. Although, I am sure there are times where Nova could tell their opponent the play they are running and the opposition still couldn't stop it.

Put 8 guys in the box, try to contain Whitney, Ball, and Szczur, and make Whitney beat you with his arm rather than legs.

Everyone knows what the play is going to be when Szczur lines up at QB and rarely does he not gain at least 5 yards.

NovaWildcat
November 23rd, 2009, 11:55 AM
What's a short scouting report on HC? Strengths? Weaknesses?

Haven't seen them, but based on that record/scores...seem to have a good offense? Some bad losses there, at Brown and at Bucknell. Were they benching their players against Bucknell this week? Not exactly the momentum you want going into a playoff game, let alone at Villanova.

What they will have going for them is a subpar crowd at VU Stadium...thanksgiving Saturday really hurts attendance at Villanova. Few students will be there.

colorless raider
November 23rd, 2009, 05:50 PM

Afraid to say it but "ditto". The DE will run by Aaron Jones like he is a grounded in cement.

65 Pard
November 23rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
One has to wonder if HC had taken care of business with Bucknell, they may have ended up with New Hampshire or Richmond...

Nova wins this one, but on Any Given Saturday.......

carney2
November 23rd, 2009, 09:32 PM
What is Talley's beef with the PL? Just curious.

I think he just considers the Patriot League inferior and not capable of playing real football. I would also bet that there is a nagging concern that if Villanova were ever to look at moving its football and non-hoops athletic programs with an eye to getting costs under control, this is the direction they would probably go. If there are specifics, I hope someone has chapter and verse.

carney2
November 23rd, 2009, 09:33 PM
One has to wonder if HC had taken care of business with Bucknell, they may have ended up with New Hampshire or Richmond...

The Holy Cross board says that they would have had a home game vs. New Hampshire. I don't know if that is speculation or if insider information is involved.

TheValleyRaider
November 23rd, 2009, 10:33 PM

The Holy Cross board says that they would have had a home game vs. New Hampshire. I don't know if that is speculation or if insider information is involved.

Sounds like speculation to me. The only way Cross would have had a real shot at a home game would be if either they got a seed (highly unlikely at 10-1) or if Villanova and UNH didn't get a seed (probable if Nova had lost to UD). With Nova wrapping up the seed, they got the closest fairly weak opponent to them for a visit, and that was HC. The Crusaders weren't getting a game at that point

Of course, that's speculation on my part....

Ivytalk
November 23rd, 2009, 10:55 PM
Villanova will win going away, but HC will put up more points than Delaware did!

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2009, 11:05 PM
Sounds like speculation to me. The only way Cross would have had a real shot at a home game would be if either they got a seed (highly unlikely at 10-1) or if Villanova and UNH didn't get a seed (probable if Nova had lost to UD). With Nova wrapping up the seed, they got the closest fairly weak opponent to them for a visit, and that was HC. The Crusaders weren't getting a game at that point

Of course, that's speculation on my part....

I really think that had Lafayette won, you would see Laf-Nova and UNH-HC, which would prevent a trip to Louisiana. And if Liberty wins, Weber doesn't travel east!

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2009, 11:12 PM
HC will have a hard time containig the ground game. Lehigh put up nearly 200.

The only wrinkle I can see is that Nova seems vulnerable in the air... giving up about 250 per game. And of course, wacky things can happen. HC has more of a chance than Colgate last year for sure.

crusader11
November 23rd, 2009, 11:29 PM
HC will have a hard time containig the ground game. Lehigh put up nearly 200.

The only wrinkle I can see is that Nova seems vulnerable in the air... giving up about 250 per game. And of course, wacky things can happen. HC has more of a chance than Colgate last year for sure.

I'd agree with that. I don't think we'll get blown out like Colgate did. The game really is on Dom Randolph's shoulders. Not only is he playing to beat Villanova (obviously), but he is also playing for his draft stock. If he goes out there, plays one of the better games of his career, and has the offense hitting on all cylinders, I guarantee that the game will have Nova feeling a little uneasy. Not saying we'll win, but it will certainly be a game.

Wildcat80
November 23rd, 2009, 11:33 PM
The only question is will nova show up and play their best? If so its a win. If not Holy Cross could steal this one. Holy Cross defeated NE by 21 which puts them right with UNH & wm....but that day nova showed up and won by 49. Nova and every other team can stumble in the 1st round. Holy Cross get ready for the win! :D

BloomHusky'01
November 23rd, 2009, 11:43 PM
What's a short scouting report on HC? Strengths? Weaknesses?

Haven't seen them, but based on that record/scores...seem to have a good offense? Some bad losses there, at Brown and at Bucknell. Were they benching their players against Bucknell this week? Not exactly the momentum you want going into a playoff game, let alone at Villanova.

What they will have going for them is a subpar crowd at VU Stadium...thanksgiving Saturday really hurts attendance at Villanova. Few students will be there.

What do you think attendance will be like? I am really considering going to this game, but not sure yet. I'm thinking about ordering tickets today but if its not likely to sell out (or at least not until later in the week) I'll wait.

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2009, 11:59 PM
What do you think attendance will be like? I am really considering going to this game, but not sure yet. I'm thinking about ordering tickets today but if its not likely to sell out (or at least not until later in the week) I'll wait.

Spartan... I can assure you. There were 4500 on hand to see Colgate last year. Tickets will be no problem. Only advice I can give is get there a little early to avoid any traffic at the NE Extension exit and on Lancaster Ave. Try a back way. Also parking in a neighborhood might be best, they might charge for parking (or a least it will take awhile to get into the lot with lights/traffic). Tix are $20.

Pard4Life
November 24th, 2009, 12:03 AM
The Sports Network is showing this game to start at noon. Confirm from another source anyone?

BloomHusky'01
November 24th, 2009, 12:17 AM
The Sports Network is showing this game to start at noon. Confirm from another source anyone?

The Holy Cross website says noon.

http://goholycross.com/sports/m-footbl/2009-10/releases/20091122v30o4y

TheValleyRaider
November 24th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I really think that had Lafayette won, you would see Laf-Nova and UNH-HC, which would prevent a trip to Louisiana. And if Liberty wins, Weber doesn't travel east!

Maybe, but I'm not sure Lafayette gets in if all other results hold. Weber had a strong resume, and Lafayette's loss to Liberty was slightly diminished by Stony Brook winning xtwocentsx

Go...gate
November 24th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Is the game on Comcast?

UncleSam
November 24th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Holy Cross has about as much chance as a rat locked in a glass cage with a rattlesnake.

LetsGoNova
November 24th, 2009, 12:39 AM
What is the most active Holy Cross message board? Interested in the conversations on there.

Our "active" board is vusports.com (villanova.rivals.com). Not a ton of discussion on there, but questions will get answered.

Go...gate
November 24th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I think he just considers the Patriot League inferior and not capable of playing real football. I would also bet that there is a nagging concern that if Villanova were ever to look at moving its football and non-hoops athletic programs with an eye to getting costs under control, this is the direction they would probably go. If there are specifics, I hope someone has chapter and verse.

Agreed.

crusader11
November 24th, 2009, 01:23 AM
What is the most active Holy Cross message board? Interested in the conversations on there.

Our "active" board is vusports.com (villanova.rivals.com). Not a ton of discussion on there, but questions will get answered.

crossports.com

It is an extremely active board with a lot of great insight.

Hoyadestroya85
November 24th, 2009, 02:28 AM
This season Villanova has had big aerial numbers put up against them, but if you look closer at the numbers, they're fairly efficient at defending any pass longer than five yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Devlin only had a big game throwing the ball because Villanova was selling out to stop the run and Devlin was throwing little five yard dump offs because he didn't have the time or the room to push the ball down field. If Randolph gets time, he may be able to do something, but these will be the fastest and possibly the strongest guys you'll be playing all season and I have a feeling that this game will turn into a track meet.

Sader87
November 24th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Just like 1987:

HC 39
Villanova 6

Too much Randolph.

Philliesfan980
November 24th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Can anyone confirm if this will be on the Comcast network as speculated a few messages ago?

crusader11
November 24th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Just like 1987:

HC 39
Villanova 6

Too much Randolph.

Haha, if we do find a way to somehow win, I think it would be something like 38-35. To have a chance, we have to get to at least 35 points in my opinion.

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2009, 03:29 AM
Spartan... I can assure you. There were 4500 on hand to see Colgate last year. Tickets will be no problem. Only advice I can give is get there a little early to avoid any traffic at the NE Extension exit and on Lancaster Ave. Try a back way. Also parking in a neighborhood might be best, they might charge for parking (or a least it will take awhile to get into the lot with lights/traffic). Tix are $20.

If you're coming down from the Laf . . . er . . . Lehigh Valley, you can try slipping in behind Villanova by taking Gulph Rd to Montgomery Ave. Parking is across Lancaster Ave, but it's a huge lot and the students won't be there, so finding a space will not be hard. I'm probably going to this game too. Less than an hour away.

mlbowl
November 24th, 2009, 04:22 AM
To steal a line from bluekeys (ok...the names have been changed)

"The CAA gets another first round bye courtesy of the PL";)

crusader11
November 24th, 2009, 04:26 AM
To steal a line from bluekeys (ok...the names have been changed)

"The CAA gets another first round bye courtesy of the PL";)

Ignorant statement.

wideright82
November 24th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Ignorant statement.

how is that ignorant?

1. the wink clearly means it was said in jest
2. Last year wasn't a bye for us?

crusader11
November 24th, 2009, 04:32 AM
how is that ignorant?

We are better than Colgate was last year. And, in years past, the PL has given the CAA winner a very good game. Look at Fordham and Lafayette the last few years. Not saying we are going to win by any means, but this will be a closer game than many people predict.

mlbowl
November 24th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Ignorant statement.

Sure it was...because you're playing an ACC team;)

wideright82
November 24th, 2009, 04:33 AM
We are better than Colgate was last year. And, in years past, the PL has given the CAA winner a very good game. Look at Fordham and Lafayette the last few years. Not saying we are going to win by any means, but this will be a closer game than many people predict.

I don't disagree. The real point was that he was clearly joking around. xlolx

mlbowl
November 24th, 2009, 04:34 AM
In all seriousness...I hope it's a great gamexnodx

crusader11
November 24th, 2009, 04:34 AM
I don't disagree. The real point was that he was clearly joking around. xlolx

Guess I missed the joke.

wideright82
November 24th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Guess I missed the joke.

I know, man. That's what I'm trying to tell you xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

mlbowl
November 24th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Guess I missed the joke.

You had to see the Eastern Ill @ SIU thread to get it...sorry if I ruffled any HC feathersxnodx....That being said, you have to admit that Nova is a HUGE favorite...can they be beat?...of course!

crusader11
November 24th, 2009, 04:43 AM
That being said, you have to admit that Nova is a HUGE favorite...can they be beat?...of course!

Completely agree.

Go...gate
November 24th, 2009, 04:59 AM
how is that ignorant?

Nice guy. xsmhx

wideright82
November 24th, 2009, 05:02 AM
[/B]

Nice guy. xsmhx

xlolxxlolx I'm sorry. That was insensitive. I was just trying to make a funny. xlolxxlolx

jlcharles
November 24th, 2009, 05:03 AM
For parking, if you want to tailgate, you'll have to park in Pike lot which is on Lancaster on the same side of Ithan as the stadium. No tailgating in the big lot.

Sader87
November 24th, 2009, 05:37 AM
What is the tailgate policy at Nova? It's a much discussed topic at HC..i.e. the school has become very draconian (many feel) on how long one can tailgate before, during and after the game.

Hoyadestroya85
November 24th, 2009, 05:51 AM
What is the tailgate policy at Nova? It's a much discussed topic at HC..i.e. the school has become very draconian (many feel) on how long one can tailgate before, during and after the game.

No tailgating during the game, It can start three hours before and I believe a little while after

jlcharles
November 24th, 2009, 06:10 AM
No tailgating during the game, It can start three hours before and I believe a little while after

We were told by public safety that you can tailgate up to an hour after.

The old ways were way better. Used to be we could walk out to the unpaved tailgating lot at halftime, fire up some dogs, grab a beer and head back in after. The stopped that a few years back. At least they let you tailgate in Pike lot again.

Bruce Dowd had a big rant about our tailgating situation in his column last year. It's getting marginally better. I think that for the Pike lot, they'll charge $20 instead of $10 for the main lot. Way better than the absurd $50 we pay per game for the tailgating lot behind the stadium. At least we split the cost in the group.

Sader87
November 24th, 2009, 08:02 AM
The biggest beef a lot of HC tail-gaters have at Fitton is the jack-booted attitude of Worcester's finest after the game...kicking people off Freshmen Field (the main, non season-ticket holder parking spot) immediately and not the one-hour post game policy.

Wish I could make it to the City of Brotherly Love....hope we play again down the road pre-playoffs.

Ivytalk
November 24th, 2009, 08:10 AM

Unless you're a priest, in which case you can tailgate before, during AND after. And drive all you want!xnodx:p

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Wish I could make it to the City of Brotherly Love

Philadelphia is to Villanova as Boston is to, say, Lexington. A pricey old-line 'burb. Penn fans would shriek in horror were one to suggest that Villanova lies in the City of Brotherly Love!!!! :p

Sader87
November 24th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Philadelphia is to Villanova as Boston is to, say, Lexington. A pricey old-line 'burb. Penn fans would shriek in horror were one to suggest that Villanova lies in the City of Brotherly Love!!!! :p

Is Nova that far outside of Philly? Lexington is about a half an hour outside of Boston proper...it's been awhile since I've been to the Nova campus.

A factoid that's hard to believe...HC and Villanova haven't played in hoop since 1968...since the Lyndon Johnson adminisration!!!

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2009, 09:23 PM
It literally is on the other side of Cityline Ave. - which, obviously, is the city line.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2009, 09:34 PM
It literally is on the other side of Cityline Ave. - which, obviously, is the city line.

It's not THAT close. Villanova is about 3 miles from City Line Ave. From Center City or the Sports Complex, Villanova is about 15 miles, or 30 minutes Philly time.

Franks Tanks
November 24th, 2009, 09:34 PM

Well Nova is a few miles up the main line from City Ave.

Are you sure you're not thinking of St. Joe's which lies directly on City Line ave?

wideright82
November 24th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Philly is about a 10 minute train ride from Nova. R5 runs right through campus.

Driving, it depends on whether there is traffic on 76 or if you take 30 all the way. Can range from 15 mins to 1hr.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Well Nova is a few miles up the main line from City Ave.

Are you sure you're not thinking of St. Joe's which lies directly on City Line ave?

Damnit - I was CORNFUSED - I was thinking of St Joes..Yeah Nova is a few miles up US 30 (aka Lancaster Ave.) from Cityline Ave. I am half thinking of going to the game. Inasmuch as I dont own any purple clothing (and dont know anyone that I could borrow from, hehe) I will have to come wearing my Pard stuff. Will the Saders like throw funnel cake, hot dogs and soda at me?

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2009, 09:51 PM

Driving, it depends on whether there is traffic on 76 or if you take 30 all the way. Can range from 15 mins to 1hr.

No one could drive from Penn to Villanova in 15 minutes. If you took Lancaster Ave. from 34th Street, there are about a hundred thousand traffic lights. It takes 40 minutes. Or you could get on the Schuykill and go all the way out to the Blue Route, then down to Lancaster Ave. No lights, but it still will take you 40 minutes.

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Damnit - I was CORNFUSED - I was thinking of St Joes..Yeah Nova is a few miles up US 30 (aka Lancaster Ave.) from Cityline Ave. I am half thinking of going to the game. Inasmuch as I dont own any purple clothing (and dont know anyone that I could borrow from, hehe) I will have to come wearing my Pard stuff. Will the Saders like throw funnel cake, hot dogs and soda at me?

I will wear the Evil Maroon if I go. And yes, they can throw funnel cake and soda at me, as long as its "A-Treat."

wideright82
November 24th, 2009, 09:58 PM
No one could drive from Penn to Villanova in 15 minutes. If you took Lancaster Ave. from 34th Street, there are about a hundred thousand traffic lights. It takes 40 minutes. Or you could get on the Schuykill and go all the way out to the Blue Route, then down to Lancaster Ave. No lights, but it still will take you 40 minutes.

You've never seen me drive. ;)

I wasn't really saying to Penn either. you are right that is an easy half hour regardless of what you do.

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2009, 10:03 PM

Clearly the best way for Holy Cross to get to Nova - train it. There is a train station literally in the middle of the campus.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Philly is a very easy city to get around. Unfortunately the price you pay for that is traffic. Phillies road infastructure is extremely outdated. There's only a couple routes and everyone uses them. Normally though, if it's not am or pm rush hour you can get anywhere in or near city without much hassle.

Driving down 95 from Worcester to Philly would test my nerves. That's a good stress test for 5+ hours.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 24th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Philly is a very easy city to get around. Unfortunately the price you pay for that is traffic. Phillies road infastructure is extremely outdated. There's only a couple routes and everyone uses them. Normally though, if it's not am or pm rush hour you can get anywhere in or near city without much hassle.

Driving down 95 from Worcester to Philly would test my nerves. That's a good stress test for 5+ hours.

No kidding! If you survive running the Cross Bronx-GWB gauntlet, you're rewarded with the NJ "gap"!! OK, I'm driving down the NJ Turnpike, but why did the I-95 signs stop? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx And why does I-95 begin/end over there on the North side of Trenton?????? xconfusedx xconfusedx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

http://www.njfreeways.com/Interstate_95_Gap.html

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2009, 10:32 PM
No kidding! If you survive running the Cross Bronx-GWB gauntlet, you're rewarded with the NJ "gap"!! OK, I'm driving down the NJ Turnpike, but why did the I-95 signs stop? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx And why does I-95 begin/end over there on the North side of Trenton?????? xconfusedx xconfusedx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

http://www.njfreeways.com/Interstate_95_Gap.html

Ah ha! Now you're talking my neck of the woods - the infamous I-95 gap. The road does not exist between Trenton and Edison NJ. It was supposed to go through Princeton and Hunterdon County, but residents nixed it.

It will become a thoroughfare at long last then the junction between I-95 and I-276 north of Philadelphia is completed. That section of I-276, and the stretch of the NJ Turnpike north of exit 6, will be redesiganted as I-95.

wideright82
November 24th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Ah ha! Now you're talking my neck of the woods - the infamous I-95 gap. The road does not exist between Trenton and Edison NJ. It was supposed to go through Princeton and Hunterdon County, but residents nixed it.

It will become a thoroughfare at long last then the junction between I-95 and I-276 north of Philadelphia is completed. That section of I-276, and the stretch of the NJ Turnpike north of exit 6, will be redesiganted as I-95.

xlolxxlolx I always loved how I take 95 the entire way from my house to philly and then take a different 95 when I drive from Hunterdon County

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2009, 11:15 PM

Thats what I said and then reclassify the former 95 above that I-195 to have it tie into the segment in NJ...Bogus, we shoulda worked for the FHA!!

Pard4Life
November 25th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Any word on TV coverage yet?

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 02:36 AM
Any word on TV coverage yet?

My guess is there won't be any. We should have all access covering it though

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2009, 04:09 AM
What happened to CN8 doing it??

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 04:19 AM
What happened to CN8 doing it??

hadn't heard anything about that. Not saying you're wrong. Just hadn't heard it. I hope that is the case though because i don't know I will be making the drive to Philly (I've said that before though)

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2009, 04:27 AM
hadn't heard anything about that. Not saying you're wrong. Just hadn't heard it. I hope that is the case though because i don't know I will be making the drive to Philly (I've said that before though)

In an unrealted matter over on the IVY league sports board Penn fans are stating that they would beat Nova if they had a re-match.

They also said they would destroy Lafayette if they played them later in the year. Re-confirming once again that Penn fans are a bunch of douchebags and I am glad they stay away from here.

Go...gate
November 25th, 2009, 04:48 AM

Thank you, Montgomery and Hopewell Townships. xbangx

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 04:59 AM
In an unrealted matter over on the IVY league sports board Penn fans are stating that they would beat Nova if they had a re-match.

They also said they would destroy Lafayette if they played them later in the year. Re-confirming once again that Penn fans are a bunch of douchebags and I am glad they stay away from here.

They suck, plain and simple. I actually hate Penn football more than I hate Delaware Football, but not quite as much as the state of Delaware as a whole xlolxxlolx

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2009, 10:10 PM
The line on this is Villanova -24, with an O/U of 55. The sportsbook for all FCS round one games is in the AGS Lounge xcoolx.

I'd disregard the Bucknell game and take Holy Cross and the points for sure.

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 10:21 PM
The line on this is Villanova -24, with an O/U of 55. The sportsbook for all FCS round one games is in the AGS Lounge xcoolx.

You would disregard their game one week before this? I am taking the under and Villanova to cover

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2009, 10:30 PM
You would disregard their game one week before this? I am taking the under and Villanova to cover

Discounting Bucknell because everyone knew it was a trap game. HC had played the game of its life the week before and already had the Patriot League title and the AQ. It's sort of, "Holy Cross beat Lafayette who beat Penn who didn't lose to Villanova by three scores" logic, I admit. Not saying HC wins (though I'd like them to), but I just can't see anyone beating Holy Cross by four scores. They're better than that.

crusader11
November 25th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Awesome video of Dominic Randolph...a true student athlete and role model: http://wbztv.com/video/[email protected]

Also, here is a story of him in USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/coll...-randolph_N.htm

wideright82
November 25th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Discounting Bucknell because everyone knew it was a trap game. HC had played the game of its life the week before and already had the Patriot League title and the AQ. It's sort of, "Holy Cross beat Lafayette who beat Penn who didn't lose to Villanova by three scores" logic, I admit. Not saying HC wins (though I'd like them to), but I just can't see anyone beating Holy Cross by four scores. They're better than that.

fair enough. xthumbsupx

crusader11
November 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM

Hopefully we get into a back-and-forth shootout; that's the only way I see us staying close. If Villanova is able to go on 8 and 10 minute drives, it could be a real long day for us.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I actually hate Penn football more than I hate Delaware Football, but not quite as much as the state of Delaware as a whole xlolxxlolx

hey, your on the watch list now....hate the state of Delawarexnonono2x

Hoyadestroya85
November 26th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I love Delaware.. Where else can you get cheap tax free booze and cigarettes!

maristdb89
November 26th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Awesome video of Dominic Randolph...a true student athlete and role model: http://wbztv.com/video/[email protected]

Also, here is a story of him in USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/coll...-randolph_N.htm

Great story and a class act. Good luck to him and HC against Nova.

wideright82
November 26th, 2009, 12:57 PM
hey, your on the watch list now....hate the state of Delawarexnonono2x

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx I have to make sure I get a dig in on Delaware every now and again

ngineer
November 26th, 2009, 03:35 PM

I"d take the points as well. VU certainly is a stronger, overall team, but HC has the weapons to 'make it interesting', and if they can keep it close, who knows with a turnover or two.xnodx

Hoyadestroya85
November 26th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I"d take the points as well. VU certainly is a stronger, overall team, but HC has the weapons to 'make it interesting', and if they can keep it close, who knows with a turnover or two.xnodx
The thing is, Holy Cross is in 110th in the nation in turnover margin and Villanova is 11th in the nation in the same category. Holy cross also averages 20 penalty yards per game more than Villanova and is less efficient in the red zone on defense than villanova. If Villanova gets out to an early lead I could easily see them covering.

ngineer
November 27th, 2009, 09:11 AM
The thing is, Holy Cross is in 110th in the nation in turnover margin and Villanova is 11th in the nation in the same category. Holy cross also averages 20 penalty yards per game more than Villanova and is less efficient in the red zone on defense than villanova. If Villanova gets out to an early lead I could easily see them covering.

I do agree that if VU jumps out early with 3 tds that go unanswered, a game like that could turn ugly. I just don't see that happening with a Gilmore coached team. HC, even with the pass game, will need to try and keep VU's offense off the field as much as possible. At the same time, VU doesn't need to be on the field that much to score with its explosiveness. Still, having seen VU in person, I think HC can move the ball on them, but they have to play almost error free ball. Can't kill their own drives with penalties. Eliminate those kind of mistakes, and they can hang.

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I do agree that if VU jumps out early with 3 tds that go unanswered, a game like that could turn ugly. I just don't see that happening with a Gilmore coached team. HC, even with the pass game, will need to try and keep VU's offense off the field as much as possible. At the same time, VU doesn't need to be on the field that much to score with its explosiveness. Still, having seen VU in person, I think HC can move the ball on them, but they have to play almost error free ball. Can't kill their own drives with penalties. Eliminate those kind of mistakes, and they can hang.

I think they move the ball rather effortlessly between the 20s. Like W&M. However, that red zone defense of ours is PRETTY stifling.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 27th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Hopefully we get into a back-and-forth shootout; that's the only way I see us staying close. If Villanova is able to go on 8 and 10 minute drives, it could be a real long day for us.

You're asking for a lot because shootouts aren't Nova's style IMHO. Did they get into a shootout with anybody this year? The way the game with UNH started I thought we were going to have another game like 2004 on the Main Line which was epitome of a shootout game (something like 52-41 IIRC). But it never happened and the game settled into a tong war with each team fighting a very strong wind as well as each other.

89Hen
November 27th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I love Delaware.. Where else can you get cheap tax free booze and cigarettes!
But if you want cheap drugs, you can't beat Philly.

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 09:39 AM

'
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2009, 09:44 AM

and now your on a different kind of watch list:D

BloomHusky'01
November 27th, 2009, 10:34 AM

I was looking at the stats for both teams last night and the one that stood out to me the most is that Holy Cross is -12 in turnover margin. Not a good sign when going up against a great defense. If Holy Cross can keep it clean, I think they'll have a shot to stay in the game, but if Villanova creates turnovers it could be ugly.

crusader11
November 27th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Error free football is a must tomorrow for us. If we catch Nova on an off day and catch a few breaks/bounces, I can guarantee the game will at least be very competitive.

Husky4Life
November 27th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I watched Holy Cross in person at Northeastern this year in a very rainy & miserable day at Parson's Field. The score may have been 42-21, but it was 35-0 very quickly. Holy Cross beat up NU, but I don't think they will fair well with the big dogs in the CAA. HC looked small and slow. The QB is a stud, and they are smart (typical PL of PL football) but Nova should physically dominate.

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Winds up to 20 mph Saturday. I thought the rain would affect Randolph, but it didn't. xsmhx My guess is that the wind won't affect him either.

Can't say HC is small and slow; it's O-Line is pretty huge. On team average HC is probably smaller but not slower. Obviously, the odds favor Nova. The key to success for HC will be giving Randolph time to make his reads and playing mistake and penalty free football. My fear is that HC won't be able to contain Nova's rushing attack, and that it will beat down the defense.

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Winds up to 20 mph Saturday. I thought the rain would affect Randolph, but it didn't. xsmhx My guess is that the wind won't affect him either.

Can't say HC is small and slow; it's O-Line is pretty huge. On team average HC is probably smaller but not slower. Obviously, the odds favor Nova. The key to success for HC will be giving Randolph time to make his reads and playing mistake and penalty free football. My fear is that HC won't be able to contain Nova's rushing attack, and that it will beat down the defense.

wind hurt us against UNH. Me no like. xnonono2x

Go...gate
November 27th, 2009, 01:08 PM
HC will be able to move the ball. It must avoid mistakes and its defense must force two or three takeaways or, even better, force some VU drives to stall.

Husky4Life
November 27th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I saw them in person, standing next to me at Parson's field. They looked small IMO, the roster may say they are big, but they always inflated anyways. The weather won't hurt Randolph, he's the real deal.

crusader11
November 27th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I saw them in person, standing next to me at Parson's field. They looked small IMO, the roster may say they are big, but they always inflated anyways. The weather won't hurt Randolph, he's the real deal.

Maybe you're just big xlolx

Hoyadestroya85
November 27th, 2009, 01:20 PM

You can rest assured that the DEA are bugging your phones as we speak :p

Husky4Life
November 27th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Maybe you're just big xlolx

LOL, well 6'4 315 was my playing weight. I'd say average. My bro played at HC when they were huge, he was 6'8 350. I'm actually hoping HC pulls this one out along with UNH so I can go to the game next week.

Sader87
November 27th, 2009, 01:51 PM
It's the overall speed (not size) that worries me.

Anovafan
November 27th, 2009, 03:08 PM
HC's o-line is HUGE, on paper and in person. The HC QB is good, but not as good as Devlin in my opinion. And Nova shut down Devlin where and when it counted. I will be very interested to see how the HC big hogs match up against Nova's very fast and talented 3-3-5. Wind is picking up pretty fiercely around Philly right now. It will be very windy by game-time. I still think Nova is 2-3 scores better than HC.

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 03:21 PM
HC's o-line is HUGE, on paper and in person. The HC QB is good, but not as good as Devlin in my opinion. And Nova shut down Devlin where and when it counted. I will be very interested to see how the HC big hogs match up against Nova's very fast and talented 3-3-5. Wind is picking up pretty fiercely around Philly right now. It will be very windy by game-time. I still think Nova is 2-3 scores better than HC.

W 20-30 mph is the weather.com forcast. So we'll have a nice wind blowing diagonally across the field from Butler Annex to VIP Tailgating. NICE!

Anovafan
November 27th, 2009, 03:28 PM
W 20-30 mph is the weather.com forcast. So we'll have a nice wind blowing diagonally across the field from Butler Annex to VIP Tailgating. NICE!

Reminds me of the YSU game in 97. Hopefully a better result for the Cats!

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Reminds me of the YSU game in 97. Hopefully a better result for the Cats!

Yeah between this and our win 5 lose 1 trend since last year I'm actually getting nervous for this game xeekx

jstclmet
November 27th, 2009, 03:40 PM

As much as I would like to agree with you, UD receivers dropped a lot of passes that should have been caught (2 for TD's, both on the same drive). We missed two wide open TD passes too though.

HC has not see a defense like ours though, nor can they stop the run. Cats will shorten the game and run the ball. The problem is, even with our running game, we sometimes score in 5 or fewer plays on Ball/Sczcur/Doss/Reynolds/Whitney/Adeyemi long TD runs.

Look for the Cats to have 400 yards rushing, maybe 100 passing, and anywhere from 35 - 49 pts. HC will no doubt have 400 yards passing between the 20's. Maybe 4 FG's, to show for their efforts.

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I am officially going to this game now (I have no excuse not to). Nova should win but not by four scores. On the other hand, I have seen PL hold its own when nominally overmatched in the playoffs, so I'm looking for Holy Cross to make the Patriot League proud.

Remember, Crusaders, it's only the future and the reputation of our humble little conference that rests on your shoulders tomorrow. No pressure, of course . . . . xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

crusader11
November 27th, 2009, 04:06 PM
As much as I would like to agree with you, UD receivers dropped a lot of passes that should have been caught (2 for TD's, both on the same drive). We missed two wide open TD passes too though.

HC has not see a defense like ours though, nor can they stop the run. Cats will shorten the game and run the ball. The problem is, even with our running game, we sometimes score in 5 or fewer plays on Ball/Sczcur/Doss/Reynolds/Whitney/Adeyemi long TD runs.

Look for the Cats to have 400 yards rushing, maybe 100 passing, and anywhere from 35 - 49 pts. HC will no doubt have 400 yards passing between the 20's. Maybe 4 FG's, to show for their efforts.

400 yards passing and 12 points? I can definitely see you putting 40 points on the board, but I think we'll get somewhere in the high 20s. Unfortunately, that probably won't be enough. On AGS though.....

Hoyadestroya85
November 27th, 2009, 04:12 PM
400 yards passing and 12 points? I can definitely see you putting 40 points on the board, but I think we'll get somewhere in the high 20s. Unfortunately, that probably won't be enough. On AGS though.....

Unfortunately for the Crusaders the most points Villanova has given up so far this season is 28.. I think the way you're in the best shape is if very little points are scored.

Sader87
November 27th, 2009, 04:14 PM
HC 38-35 in a "track meet" type game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I just don't see anyway this game is close. Villanova would make a competitive FBS team this year. They have a tremendous amount of speed and athleticism for this level. This isn't the 3rd place CAA team HC is playing. 'Nova is the best of the very best.

I really don't think the PL is nearly as strong as it was on the past. HC has a solid team but they lack the athletes to compete imo. Everyone in the PL does.

If 'Nova's defense wants to get presser on Randolph they will. If they decide to cover the wr's they will. HC does not have exceptional wr's. They're good, but not as good as recent years. HC is not the offensive powerhouse that people make them out to be. They haven't been lighting up the scoreboard in recent weeks.

The game will play itself out and if i'm wrong i'll be here to admit it. However, i think some homerism getting in the way of reality. I despise Vilenova.

Villanova 38 Holy Cross 16

crusader11
November 27th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Whatever Penn did to slow down Nova, we will certainly try to emulate that. Stranger things have happened in the world of sports.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Whatever Penn did to slow down Nova, we will certainly try to emulate that. Stranger things have happened in the world of sports.

Both Whitney and Young attempted the same amount of passes in that game. I'm not sure if Whitney got hurt.

Penn also had a much better defense then HC. In fact it was one of the best units in the country. Especially in scoring "D".

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 05:27 PM

Penn took us to overtime last year. Penn game is really not a great game to judge Nova by, they always have our number.

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Both Whitney and Young attempted the same amount of passes in that game. I'm not sure if Whitney got hurt.

Penn also had a much better defense then HC. In fact it was one of the best units in the country. Especially in scoring "D".

They sat Whitney. Heard it had something to do with play calling issues

Hoyadestroya85
November 27th, 2009, 05:40 PM
The Penn game is weird, it's never been a blowout. This was the best Penn team in a while but other teams we should have destroyed we haven't. They usually have two weeks of game tape to work off of and Villanova doesn't have any as Penn has opened against Villanova the last two years.
Regardless of the score of the Penn game this year, it was over when Matt Szczur took the opening kickoff to the house.

AAadict
November 27th, 2009, 07:51 PM
No doubt Villanova has a great football team and they certainly made "light work" of my Hen's last week (saw it in person). Question is...When was the last time Villanova played in a Championship game? They certainly have a caliber team to do so but I thought the same thing last year when they "walked the dog" on Colgate. Some programs just fall short of their potential on an annual basis. More likely to happen next week against UNH. Some teams find a "trap" to fall into every year...could that be HC tomorrow?

Hoyadestroya85
November 27th, 2009, 08:14 PM
No doubt Villanova has a great football team and they certainly made "light work" of my Hen's last week (saw it in person). Question is...When was the last time Villanova played in a Championship game? They certainly have a caliber team to do so but I thought the same thing last year when they "walked the dog" on Colgate. Some programs just fall short of their potential on an annual basis. More likely to happen next week against UNH. Some teams find a "trap" to fall into every year...could that be HC tomorrow?

Last year's Villanova team was far more up and down than this year's. The games in which we've been heavy favorites, we've thoroughly dominated. Last year against JMU we ran into a team that knew just how to beat us. I don't think we lose to Holy Cross this week, after that.. who knows.

Husky4Life
November 27th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Villanova does have a history of underachieving when they are supposed to go far in the playoffs, and overachieving when they aren't. With that being said, I'd be shocked to see them drop one to Holy Cross.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Penn took us to overtime last year. Penn game is really not a great game to judge Nova by, they always have our number.

if that was true, Keeler would have a staff full of Penn coaches

Bogus Megapardus
November 28th, 2009, 06:39 AM
The wind this morning (at least in Princeton) seems to be blowing faster than the stated 15-17 mph. It should be blowing directly across the Stadium from the Pavilion side towards the press box.

19Duke97
November 28th, 2009, 07:55 AM
I'll be at the game today, hopefully it will be entertaining...

Bogus Megapardus
November 28th, 2009, 08:14 AM
The Saturday morning line is Villanova -22½ with an O/U of 55. Good luck Crusaders!

RookieWill
November 28th, 2009, 08:47 AM
The wind this morning (at least in Princeton) seems to be blowing faster than the stated 15-17 mph. It should be blowing directly across the Stadium from the Pavilion side towards the press box.

Very windy here (about 4 miles from campus). It is still early, but wind is an equalizer, but in this case should give nova an even bigger edge

Philliesfan980
November 28th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Does anyone here know if the Nova game will be on the CBS site? In another message, someone said that it will probably show up right before game time, but as of 10:53 (about an hour away from kickoff) nothing is up yet.

Can anyone else confirm this?

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Does anyone here know if the Nova game will be on the CBS site? In another message, someone said that it will probably show up right before game time, but as of 10:53 (about an hour away from kickoff) nothing is up yet.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Do you mean the CBS website? I thought Comcast would cover this?
The wind is nasty right now. sustained winds of 15-25 mph, with some gusts approaching 40 mph. Not an optimal day for passing...xsmhx

Philliesfan980
November 28th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Do you mean the CBS website? I thought Comcast would cover this?
The wind is nasty right now. sustained winds of 15-25 mph, with some gusts approaching 40 mph. Not an optimal day for passing...xsmhx

Yeah, the CBS "All Access" site that streams video over the net. Comcast isn't picking up the game that I know of.

Sader87
November 28th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Any link to any sort of video access to this game would be supremely appreciated!!!

NovaWildcat
November 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM
To the best of my knowledge, this game isn't streaming online anywhere...

that being said - if you have a link, please post!

Heres the link to Holy Cross audio:
http://www.worcesterpike.com/article.asp?id=545436

Sader87
November 28th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Ahh...now the Nova fans can also hear the dulcet tones and malapropisms of Bob "Mr Entertainment" Fouracre.

Enjoy.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Who the heck is 'Big Red'??

VU at HC 46, 3rd and 9

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Whitney completes to the 35 to Sczur

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Barbero for 8 to the 27

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:12 AM
2nd and 2 at the 27....Ball to the 18 yard line.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:12 AM
VU moving easily down the field into the wind. Handoff to Ball for 1

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Ball at the 17 of HC. Pass to sczur to the 5 yard line

ngineer
Ball at the HC 6. First down. TD by Ball on run.

Go Lehigh TU owl
VU moving easily down the field into the wind. Handoff to Ball for 1

Not surprising. This is going to be ugly....

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Extra Point is good. VU leads 7-0. 10:11 left in the first quarter

NovaWildcat
November 28th, 2009, 11:15 AM
TOUCHDOWN! two big 3rd down conversions Whitey-Szczur, Ball punched it in

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Kick off to HC, Johnson from the 12 to the 23 yard line.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM
is there a free internet radio cast?

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Randolph will have the wind at his back this quarter. Compete for 9 yards to Santana

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:17 AM
is there a free internet radio cast?

Yes see the link above to WWFX Radio

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Randolph to Santana for 5 ball at the 36.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Randolph incomplete long to Santana..3rd down

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:19 AM
at the 40 and complete at the 50 for a first down!

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:19 AM
First and ten at midfield. End around to the VU 43 by Chiminisky

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:20 AM
HC, 2nd 4, Pass to Chimknisky at the 38, First down.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Ball at the 34, of VU, Blomo for 1 yard.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM
HC can move the ball but they're going to have a tough time scoring imo.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM
2nd and nine at the 33...Randolph passes to Edger to the 14 yard line!

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:22 AM
First and ten at the 14....Houghton of left tackel for 2

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Ball at the 12, 2nd down. Randolph out of gun..incomplete at the 5.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Third and 8 at the 12.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Randolph passes to Edger but short of the sticks..Fourth and 1 coming up..

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:24 AM
HC going for it....Randolph throws to Santana at the 3...First and goal!

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:24 AM
First and goal at the 3....Randolph keeps it and runs off tackle...TD!

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:25 AM
XP is good...7-7 with 4:54 remaining in the quarter

Sader87
Dom keeper TD...7-7.

CFBfan
HC going for it....Randolph throws to Santana at the 3...First and goal!

any TV or interent feed available on this game??

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Both teams moving the ball...HC moreso through the air. Few big 3rd down conversions and gutsy 4th down call by Gilmore.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:26 AM
any TV or interent feed available on this game??

See link earlier in thread to WWFX FM radio "The Pike"..

Philliesfan980
November 28th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Very good drive by HC. They definitely dinked and dunked their way to a TD. Let's see if Nova plays a little tighter in the next series and makes Randolph beat them deep.

wideright82
Only feed is HC radio

wideright82
These announcers are a joke.

ngineer
HC kicking off--to the goal line, Sczur up to the 26 yard line.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
VU first down at own 26...Whitney out of gun, hands off to Ball for 10 yards.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Ball at the 36..Handoff to Ball, nogain..2nd and 10

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Ball at the 38...Whitney passes to Scur to the HC 35!

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:30 AM
HC needs to shadow Sczur..Boavaro to the 28

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD 'Nova!! That was easy!!

Congrats on 12k posts ngineer!!

ngineer
Ball at the 28, ...pass to Wells for TD...on catch at the 25 and runs in...13-7 about 3 min left.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Kick is good. 14-7...get your calculators out...Thanks..what a way to get 12k...

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:32 AM
VU went 75 yards in about 6 plays...HC cannot keep up this pace. Need to adjust.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:33 AM
VU kicking off to the 25 and returned to the 35.. Low kick into the wind.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM
HC with the ball...Randolph passes to Edger to the VU 35!!

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Diving catch by Edger...Randolph passes to to Edger incomplete.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:35 AM
2nd and 10 Pass to Chimilneksy...incomplete.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:36 AM
3rd..and 11, Chim actulaly caough fo rloss....Randolph back to pass first down to Edger inside the 20

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Ball at the 16--Complete to the four, Toulouse.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:37 AM
First and goal at the 2....34 secs in quarter....Randloph passes incomplete

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:38 AM
2nd and goal...ball at 2....Randolph passes to Snyder, TE between three defenders!

Sader87
14-14 11 ticks left in 1st

ngineer
Kick is good ,,,14-14 with 11 seconds left in the quarter.. HOly Cow, Holy Cross!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 28th, 2009, 11:39 AM
TD HC!! 14-14

I'm dissapointed in 'Nova's defense. HC has been struggling on offense the last month but they're going right through the Wildcat "D".

These announcers are terrible!!

Sader87
November 28th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Mr E rules...though shall not denounce Mr Fouracre

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:40 AM
HC kick off goes down to the endzone..touchback.

wideright82
November 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM
hoping this wind change in the second makes it tougher for Dom

ngineer
VU at its own 20..handoff to Ball for 2 yds.

dgreco
so far they are proving they deserve their high ranking

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:42 AM
End of one quarter. 14-14....Now HC has to go into the wind. See what kind of run game HC can muster, though I suspect Dom will still be throwing the short stuff.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Off tackle by Barbero...3rd down

Screamin_Eagle174
November 28th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Is this announcer serious? Ben Stein, really?

ngineer
3rd and 5....Whitney passes...runs and gets over the 30 after almost being trapped.

ngineer
Ball at the 36--First down over the 43 by Whitney

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:45 AM
2nd and 3...Ball burst through the line to 42 of HC

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Whitney gives to Ball to the 38

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:46 AM
2nd and 5...

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Whitney back...runs, throws to the enszone misses SCur in endzone.

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:47 AM
3rd dwon and 5..ball at the 37. Handoff. Barbero short of first down. by about a yard. VU going for it.

wideright82
November 28th, 2009, 11:47 AM
big 4th down... CONVERTED!!!

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:48 AM
ball at the 33 of HC. handoff and first down by Barbero to the 26

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 28th, 2009, 11:48 AM
This play-by-play guy is starting to give me a headache....

Sounds like HC just got screwed out of a fumble!

wideright82
November 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM
wow big call

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM
First down...at 26. Whitney complete...Fumble???no...First down at 15...Gilmore arguing ball was stripped before hit the ground...

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:50 AM
VU to the HC inside the 5 to the two. First and goal

SoCalAg
25th year at Vanderbilt?

ngineer
Ball at the two...Wildcat formation to Sczur...close to the goal..

wideright82
November 28th, 2009, 11:51 AM
This announcer has called Villanova "Vanderbilt" twice. How old is he? Alzheimers?

ngineer
2nd and goal inside the one.

ngineer
Who the heck is 'Big Red???

SoCalAg
November 28th, 2009, 11:52 AM
the color guy

Sader87
Mr E rules...deal with it...we're all living in his world.

ngineer
VU player hurt

Sader87
November 28th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Big Red is Tom Kelleher HC '88 great FB ...had cups of coffee in the NFL.

ngineer
2nd and goal..Whitney keeps and is in

Go Lehigh TU owl
This announcer has called Villanova "Vanderbilt" twice. How old is he? Alzheimers?

He is bad. I'm not one to pick on radio guys but this guy is brutal. He also needs a geography lesson.

TD 'Nova!!

wideright82

xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx I don't think I wrote this xlolxxlolxxlolx

ngineer
Big Red is Tom Kelleher HC '88 great FB ...had cups of coffee in the NFL.

Thanks...I remember the name..xthumbsupx

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:54 AM
kick is good, 21-14. 8:58 left in the half..??

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 28th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I have to think Villanova will come up with something on defense.

ngineer
VU kicking with the wind.

ngineer
Johnson back for HC...kick in to endzone. HC on the 20

wideright82
November 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM
can anyone tell me if Villanova has a potent offense?

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Randolph hands off to Houghton for 5. 2nd and 5

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Randolph throws to 35 to TE. Snyder

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
First down...Pass incomplete. 2nd and 10

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 28th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Big 3rd down!!

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:58 AM
End around to Chimelnisky...gain of 1 Third and 9

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Third and 9, Randolph to TE, short of first down at the 44...short...PUnt coming up

Go Lehigh TU owl
HC going to be punting in to the wind. Watch for the fake!

ngineer
Puntining into wind....Fair catch..bobbled.. but holds on at the VU 25.

wideright82
November 28th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Well that could be the game unless HC figures out how to play defense against the cats

ngineer
HC going to be punting in to the wind. Watch for the fake!

Where, where??;):D

Philliesfan980
I must say, I really like the gamecast format on CBS Sportsline this year (it's the first time I've checked it out this year). It adds some suspense as you watch the guys run the play on the field.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 28th, 2009, 12:01 PM
A 'Nova TD drive here and HC is in big big trouble!!

HC radio just missed the first play!!

ngineer
Barbaro jsut ran to the HC 44..

ngineer
Whitney misses long to Harvey...5:28 left in half

ngineer
November 28th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Flag...illegal substitution on VU