PDA

View Full Version : FCS Football Fan For Hire

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
come a bit north where playoffs are a yearly event :) We'd love to have you as a fan.

BigSouthFB
November 22nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
Husky I'm really glad you found humor in an otherwise dreadful situation. I graduated from Liberty and work for Georgia State. I'd say both of those would be good places to start. as much as a respect william and mary I think you can do better. xcoolx

BigSouthFB
November 22nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
What team do you hate the most? Pick the first team that beats them.

Thats a good idea!

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2009, 09:41 PM
Andy, thanks for the offer. The irony of our last home game - we won at homecoming!!!

I'm leaning against most CAA teams - I can't hate your guts during hoop season and love you during football season!

W&M is the exception, as I've always had deep respect for the school (And I want at least one of my girls to go there).

UNH is so close to my house that they're our adopted America East team.
its a match made in heaven :) xviolinxxviolinxxviolinx

DTSpider
November 22nd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Husky - sorry to hear the news!

Believe me when I say that UR fans certainly were scared of this moment ourselves back in 2004.

Just terrible news to lose NU. They always played hard.

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 08:30 AM
Available...

One FCS Football Fan. Recently displaced from his FCS Football Team of Choice.

Willing to travel to home and road games.

Throws a mean tailgate, can cook lobster for 20 hungry fans in no time.

Please inquire within.

In 25 words or less indicate why I should support your FCS team, and why your FCS team should be a good fit for Husky Alum.

Warning, I'm not supporting Harvard or UMass, or any school that doesn't participate in the FCS playoffs (sorry, I grew up in New Haven, and I still have this Don Brown thing bothering me).

I won't change my AGS name or avatar, but will be willing to change my sig line to reflect my affinity for your school.

Early leader in the clubhouse is William & Mary.

B&G
November 23rd, 2009, 08:32 AM
What team do you hate the most? Pick the first team that beats them.

Bull Fan
November 23rd, 2009, 08:35 AM
Bummer, Husky Alum. Still searching the web for further info... what the hell happened?

Uncle Buck and I are (at least part of) the answers to a couple of trivia questions:

What AGS members attended the last NE football game at Parsons Field?

What AGS members attended the last NE home victory?

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 08:37 AM
Bummer, Husky Alum. Still searching the web for further info... what the hell happened?

Uncle Buck and I are (at least part of) the answers to a couple of trivia questions:

What AGS members attended the last NE football game at Parsons Field?

What AGS members attended the last NE home victory?

Bull Fan - I wan't even at that one.

Mrs. HF and I decided that a monsoon wasn't reason to go to an NU game.

There weren't many NU fans at that one, so I hope you still have your ticket stub.

Bull Fan
November 23rd, 2009, 08:39 AM
The big man literally took a head count of the folks sitting on the home side of the field. Not counting the people working the game in the broadcast booth: 140 souls.

Not many more in the visitor stands....

Damn, I don't know what happened to that rain-soaked ticket stub. xeyebrowx

Redwyn
November 23rd, 2009, 08:50 AM
Stony Brook would always love another fan. Up and coming team. Lots to cheer for, great schedule with an FBS (South Florida) on the list for the first time.

I can do some mean steak on the barbie :)

Go...gate
November 23rd, 2009, 08:52 AM
Available...

Please inquire within.

In 25 words or less indicate why I should support your FCS team, and why your FCS team should be a good fit for Husky Alum.

Warning, I'm not supporting Harvard or UMass, or any school that doesn't participate in the FCS playoffs (sorry, I grew up in New Haven, and I still have this Don Brown thing bothering me).

I won't change my AGS name or avatar, but will be willing to change my sig line to reflect my affinity for your school.

No Colgate? A lot of us strongly believed you were the next Patriot League member. But you might like rooting for the Red Raiders....

Bull Fan
November 23rd, 2009, 08:52 AM
Stony Brook would always love another fan. Up and coming team. Lots to cheer for, great schedule with an FBS (South Florida) on the list for the first time.

I can do some mean steak on the barbie :)

Don't beg xsmiley_wix

UAalum72
November 23rd, 2009, 09:06 AM
Come to Albany. It'll remind you of Parsons but with better parking.

WMTribe90
November 23rd, 2009, 09:10 AM
Sorry to hear about the program Husky. Your guys always played hard and represented NU well. Would love to have a quality FCS fan like yourself cheering for the Tribe.

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 09:20 AM
So far the early leaders in the clubhouse...

1. W&M
2. Colgate
3. Albany

Sorry, can't root for SBU - One Evil Empire in my life is sufficient.

What, no one west of New York needs a fan???

Redwyn
November 23rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
So far the early leaders in the clubhouse...

1. W&M
2. Colgate
3. Albany

Sorry, can't root for SBU - One Evil Empire in my life is sufficient.

What, no one west of New York needs a fan???

Awww, we're not too evil. We just have an AD who's a bit overzealous (laughed my a$$ off when I read about the "evil empire in the America East" line).

andy7171
November 23rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
WYF is going on here? Husky Alum starts a thread and doesn't start the thread?

SMFH

Husky, if you like losing at homecoming, we regularly schedule Delaware and Villanova.

BTW, sad news.

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 09:46 AM
Andy, thanks for the offer. The irony of our last home game - we won at homecoming!!!

I'm leaning against most CAA teams - I can't hate your guts during hoop season and love you during football season!

W&M is the exception, as I've always had deep respect for the school (And I want at least one of my girls to go there).

UNH is so close to my house that they're our adopted America East team.

Dane96
November 23rd, 2009, 09:59 AM
Available...

Please inquire within.

I think it is a given you should sign up with the Danes; after a few beers at an NU hoop game I think you will agree.

I need say no more.

And stop kissing W&M's ass; your kids will get in there on there smarts (clearly genetic from the wife's side). xnodx:Dxsmiley_wix

JackTwice
November 23rd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Ah, you gotta go with the Jacks. They might remind you of your Huskies, underfunded, good conference, grind it out smack you in the mouth style football.

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Ah, you gotta go with the Jacks. They might remind you of your Huskies, underfunded, good conference, grind it out smack you in the mouth style football.

... and a great mascot.

We have our first entry from west of the Mississippi.

:)

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Available...

Please inquire within.

In 25 words or less indicate why I should support your FCS team, and why your FCS team should be a good fit for Husky Alum.Warning, I'm not supporting Harvard or UMass, or any school that doesn't participate in the FCS playoffs (sorry, I grew up in New Haven, and I still have this Don Brown thing bothering me).

BECOME UH BLUEHEN FAN.......WE COOD USE 'NOTHERAH BODY..IN SECTION J.....AS RATS ARE JUMPIN' SHIP.........YER ALREADY USED TA LOSIN'......AH KNOW 20 GUYS WHO DIG LOBSTER....&... LOTTA BARS....TA MAKE YA FO'GET..."CHEERS".......xnodx......BRAWK/OBAMA/BIDEN!!

ps.....CONTINGENT UPON..... PASSIN' DUH....NEW-ARK....NEW-IRK......ORAL EXAM....xrulesx....AWK!

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
BECOME UH BLUEHEN FAN.......WE COOD USE 'NOTHERAH BODY..IN SECTION J.....AS RATS ARE JUMPIN' SHIP.........YER ALREADY USED TA LOSIN'......AH KNOW 20 GUYS WHO DIG LOBSTER....&... LOTTA BARS....TA MAKE YA FO'GET..."CHEERS".......xnodx......BRAWK/OBAMA/BIDEN!!

ps.....CONTINGENT UPON..... PASSIN' DUH....NEW-ARK....NEW-IRK......ORAL EXAM....xrulesx....AWK!

Hey Foghorn, I drank my fair share at the Stone Balloon when NU played UD in hoops when I was in school. I'm familar with your campus, and how to pronounce your school's name.

It's a shame that the Balloon and NU Football befell the same fate.

UMass922
November 23rd, 2009, 10:26 AM
You should pick a team that's not represented on AGS. Savannah State all the way!

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2009, 10:34 AM
I think UNH is a good fit. I think they deal with a lot of the same biases that Northeastern faced in the CAA (along with Maine) in that they're northern with questionable facilities. I greatly enjoyed my trip to Parson's last year and am quite bummed Parson's won't be having games since I live quite close to it right now. UNH is less than a 70 minute drive from Northeastern, has a dedicated group of fans and yet still has room for more support. The higher-ups are relatively accessible and the school has had a lot of recent success, but still seems relatively unpopular among the FCS fans.

...and we're probbaly the only fanbase in history arguing about a quarterback who has gone 19-4 in games that he's played in..

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
I think UNH is a good fit. I think they deal with a lot of the same biases that Northeastern faced in the CAA (along with Maine) in that they're northern with questionable facilities. I greatly enjoyed my trip to Parson's last year and am quite bummed Parson's won't be having games since I live quite close to it right now. UNH is less than a 70 minute drive from Northeastern, has a dedicated group of fans and yet still has room for more support. The higher-ups are relatively accessible and the school has had a lot of recent success, but still seems relatively unpopular among the FCS fans.

...and we're probbaly the only fanbase in history arguing about a quarterback who has gone 19-4 in games that he's played in..
what some schools would do for that kind of success. xscanx

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2009, 10:42 AM
what some schools would do for that kind of success. xscanx

It was really kind of a reality check for me, and personally, I've made the decision to pipe down a bit about the matter. Regardless of whether or not I disagree with some coaching or personnel decisions, the fact of the matter is UNH has made the playoffs six straight years and the quarters in four of those five years. Eventually, they'll get over the hump, just by sheer volume of opportunities. Toman is not and will never be Santos, but one can't argue with a 19-4 record. In fact, over the last six years, UNH is something like 52-15 in the regular season, has three playoff road wins and has hit #1 in the country. I'm just being a poor sport having any problem with that, and it's probably enough of the "what have you done for me lately?" schpiel I tend to pull in game threads from time to time.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2009, 10:47 AM
Here's the deal: Come to Lehigh. ng loves lobster, we have a grass field and tons of tailgating area, plus we've beaten Lafayette two in a row. xthumbsupx

JMUNJ08
November 23rd, 2009, 11:23 AM
JMU will have 10,000 more seats in 2 years and need some more dedicated fans to join in on the festivities and the toughest conference schedule in the nation! Not to mention a rivalry with up and coming ODU starting up awfully soon!

We also have had the pain of losing sports recently and can help the healing:D

Geaux25
November 23rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Here's a bid for McNeese State (short and sweet):

1) Cajun cooking

2) Cajun tailgating

3) Cajun women

4) Great Atmosphere

5) Great winter weather

6) Did I mention Cajun cooking?

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Here's one reason why i'm eliminating Mc Neese.

McNeese begat Ron Everhart which begat NCAA probation when he high tailed it for Duquesne.

However, I do love cajun cooking. Oh, the dilemma!!!

GrizNzonecrazy
November 23rd, 2009, 11:35 AM

Not quite the only ones lol......We have some people here at UM that think we need to go with our #2 and we are undefeated and the #1 is in the top 10 in the nation in passing efficiency and has NEVER lost a game he's played in....cant please some people i guess.....

And now for my pitch.....We at Montana are always proud to get a new fan. You can cheer for the FCS program with arguable the largest following and a game day experience that is almost impossible to beat. You can also count on having games to watch every year the weekend of thanksgiving as the Griz have won or shared the Big Sky title for 12 years running and are going to the playoffs this year for the 17th year in a row. We've been to the NC 6 times since 95 and have brought the title home twice. It would be a long trip for you to see a game but it would be a trip well worth it! good luck in your deliberations xpeacex

Tribe4SF
November 23rd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Come home to where you know you belong.xnodx

And bring those daughters with you!!!

GrizNzonecrazy
November 23rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
And bring those daughters with you!!!

How can you even be considering W&M with perverted fans like this? xlolx get ur mind out of the gutter tribe ha ha j/k

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2009, 11:43 AM
WE HAVE VEEP...JOE BIDEN....TA PICK UP...WHERE TEDDY LEFT OFF.....xnodx.....AWK!

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Not quite the only ones lol......We have some people here at UM that think we need to go with our #2 and we are undefeated and the #1 is in the top 10 in the nation in passing efficiency and has NEVER lost a game he's played in....cant please some people i guess.....

And now for my pitch.....We at Montana are always proud to get a new fan. You can cheer for the FCS program with arguable the largest following and a game day experience that is almost impossible to defeat. You can also count on having games to watch every year the weekend of thanksgiving as the Griz have won or shared the Big Sky title for 12 years running and are going to the playoffs this year for the 17th year in a row. We've been to the NC 6 times since 95 and have brought the title home twice. It would be a long trip for you to see a game but it would be a trip well worth it! good luck in your deliberations xpeacex
u guys have enough fans... xmadx xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 11:48 AM
How can you even be considering W&M with perverted fans like this? xlolx get ur mind out of the gutter tribe ha ha j/k

They're 8 1/2 and 6 1/2, relax.

I'm just trying to brainwash the girls early in life that if they don't want to go to NU, W&M will gladly have them.

Inside joke between Tribe and me.

AggieFinn
November 23rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
It's pretty chill out west...and we're adding sports! Women's field hockey is our newest...God forbid we use those tens of thousands of dollars for more football scholarships.

GrizNzonecrazy
November 23rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
u guys have enough fans... xmadx xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

no such thing....thats like too much fun....whats that mean.....like too much money.....no such thing.....like a girl too pretty.....or too much class....being too lucky....or car too fast........WHOA totally just started singin there.....thats no good....but anyway...you get the point lol

ElonAlum
November 23rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
Come on down to Elon!

.....we need fans that actually know how to cheer! xlolxxeyebrowx

art vandelay
November 23rd, 2009, 01:26 PM
Husky, UNH is very blue colar much like NU, similar stadium problems but very successful. They also need more fans! xprayx

Husky Alum
November 23rd, 2009, 06:47 PM
Here's my current thinking - my "local" team will be UNH, as I can easily get to a game if need be, and I have some dear friends from NU's NAC/AE days at UNH.

My "Southern" team will be W&M - for reasons previously stated.

My Midwest/western team is still up in the air.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2009, 11:27 PM
Here's my current thinking - my "local" team will be UNH, as I can easily get to a game if need be, and I have some dear friends from NU's NAC/AE days at UNH.

You don't want to go any further west than Bethlehem, PA. I mean, how else will you keep you your "East Coast Bias"? :D

Dane96
November 23rd, 2009, 11:39 PM
Come on down to Elon!

.....we need fans that actually know how to cheer! xlolxxeyebrowx

Does heckling = cheering; if so, you will be getting a master tech if he indeed chooses Elon.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 24th, 2009, 12:29 AM

Holy crow, I'm away from AGS for a few days and all hell breaks loose! xoopsx

25 words...........

Newicks, Portsmouth Brewery, State Liquor Stores, No Sales Tax on the booze and continued tailgating with our crew, Uncle Buck, Henfan, Cobblestone, Tribe4SF, etc.

Newicks

xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 24th, 2009, 12:31 AM

Your jambalya would be a welcome addition to any UNH tailgate....xbowx

What kind of beer do we need to supply?

Tailbone
November 24th, 2009, 01:12 AM
You can factor this into your decision, or not.

I too detest Don Brown. Been a NE supporter (with a distaste for UMass) ever since he (they) stiffed ya.

Looked ya in the eyes (figuratively) and LIED!

DB can piss up a rope.

WestCoastAggie
November 24th, 2009, 01:23 AM

The MEAC and OVC will welcome you with open arms. xhurrayx

aceinthehole
November 24th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Husky Alum,

Sorry the team was cut, but just knowing you had some insight into the details, I'm glad you support the really tough decision.

I know your roots are from Connecticut and you have said that your parents are alums of the old New Haven State, so keep its sister from Hard Hittin' New Britain school in mind. xsmiley_wix

andy7171
November 24th, 2009, 01:38 AM
HuskyAlum, If I ever catch you throwing purple streamers, I will lose all respect for you! xlolx

BTW, I am in complete agreement with you on W&M being my only acceptable in conference school to send my girls.

bostonspider
November 24th, 2009, 02:28 AM
While, I understand that W&M is a fine choice for your southern team, you might look up I-64 a ways to the University of Richmond. We have built up a fine recent football tradition, but always remember the dark times that we have had in the 80's and 90's. We recently had a President try and take our football team to a non-scholarship level, only to drum him out on his ear. We have long had facility issues, playing a run-down, too large for us, ramshackle stadium, miles from our campus. We finally will get to move onto campus, in our new stadium, but there are already complaints that it is too small, the reasons for which (powerful complaining residential neighbors), you will I am sure relate to. And finally with only 2,800 undergrads, we will always be welcoming to new fans.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs086.snc3/15332_183748765757_506630757_2875052_6605358_n.jpg

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/rich/graphics/aerialwithendzonestands-500.jpg

elon77
November 24th, 2009, 02:44 AM
There is only one clear choice and that is Elon. I went there, have a young lady there now, have a future young lady to go there, and met my wife there. What else am I suppose to say?

Husky Alum
November 24th, 2009, 02:53 AM
HuskyAlum, If I ever catch you throwing purple streamers, I will lose all respect for you! xlolx

BTW, I am in complete agreement with you on W&M being my only acceptable in conference school to send my girls.

Nah, can't root for JMU. They did provide NU with our proudest moment on the gridiron, however.

November 2002 the Dukes laid down and died against us in the game that clinched the A-10 title for us. I think we won 45-10 and it wasn't that close.

The game was so far out of hand at halftime that we went out and got cases of champagne to bring into the stands in the third quarter. With about 3 minutes to go in the game we all opened the bottles simultaneously and the entire NU bench turned around to see us toasting them.

After the game we rushed the field and handed bottles of champagne to any player who wanted them.

Even President Freeland drank from my bottle.

That was the highlight of 74 years of mostly bad football.

Mrs. Husky Alum shed a little tear today because homecoming was the highlight of our fall social calendar. Our girls loved going to the games and having daddy cook them burgers and dogs while they sat in the trunk of our SUV while I watched the game (yes, that was the joy of Parsons Field, you could grill a burger and watch the game at the same time).

I've started to write a piece on Parsons, to give y'all who never made it there a sense of what it was - but it was our home - from beginning to end.

brownbear
November 24th, 2009, 03:05 AM
In 25 words:

Brown, we have an off-campus stadium, are close to Boston, beat URI like you, not dropping football any time soon, need tailgaters, and hate Harvard.

Husky Alum
November 24th, 2009, 03:06 AM
In 25 words:

Brown, we have an off-campus stadium, are close to Boston, beat URI like you, not dropping football any time soon, need tailgaters, and hate Harvard.

Yeah, but I was an usher at the Yale Bowl as a kid. I'd have to root for Yale when you played them. xsmiley_wix

JMUNJ08
November 24th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Nah, can't root for JMU. They did provide NU with our proudest moment on the gridiron, however.

November 2002 the Dukes laid down and died against us in the game that clinched the A-10 title for us. I think we won 45-10 and it wasn't that close.

The game was so far out of hand at halftime that we went out and got cases of champagne to bring into the stands in the third quarter. With about 3 minutes to go in the game we all opened the bottles simultaneously and the entire NU bench turned around to see us toasting them.

After the game we rushed the field and handed bottles of champagne to any player who wanted them.

Even President Freeland drank from my bottle.

That was the highlight of 74 years of mostly bad football.

Mrs. Husky Alum shed a little tear today because homecoming was the highlight of our fall social calendar. Our girls loved going to the games and having daddy cook them burgers and dogs while they sat in the trunk of our SUV while I watched the game (yes, that was the joy of Parsons Field, you could grill a burger and watch the game at the same time).

I've started to write a piece on Parsons, to give y'all who never made it there a sense of what it was - but it was our home - from beginning to end.

Glad we could help!xthumbsupx

Being a little too new, whats the beef with JMU?

How bout the gold streamers?????????:D

onbison09
November 24th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Here's a bid for your Midwest team and these videos can explain it better than I can:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My6zyoPuopk&feature=related
Here's our tradition (go to 4:00):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPswvZjQksM
I know you'll probably pick someone else but it was my best shot.

Husky Alum
November 24th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Here's a bid for your Midwest team and these videos can explain it better than I can:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My6zyoPuopk&feature=related
Here's our tradition (go to 4:00):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPswvZjQksM
I know you'll probably pick someone else but it was my best shot.

NDSU will ALWAYS have a soft spot in my heart, and is the leading candidate for my Midwest team (SDSU is a close second).

I had a wonderful weekend in Fargo when NU played there in 2006. I arrived with $200 in my wallet (this is an important detail).

I flew in, got to my hotel, and walked into a bar/restaurant wearing my NU football sweatshirt and hat. It was about 5 pm. Around 11:30 pm I left having spent the better part of 6 1/2 hours with some diehard NDSU fans who shared stories of Rocky Hager and his legendary NDSU teams of the late 80s and early 1990s.

I don't remember ever seeing a bar tab or a dinner bill. The bartender said to me "on us, you're our guest".

Next day I head over to the Fargodome early, as a few posters on AGS mentioned the tailgating started well in advance of the game. I planned on making a lap around the dome, spending my day experiencinng the Bison Tailgates that many raved about.

I think I got about 10 steps into the parking lot before someone yelled to me "Hey, want some breakfast?" I had a wonderful breakfast with some fans, who told me more Rocky Hager stories, fed me well, and continued to introduce me to more NDSU fans who fed me and introduced me to more NDSU fans. I was a bit tipsy but I remember watching the ND-Michigan game on TV at one tailgate.

By gametime I think I went to 10-15 different tailgates and had some of the most amazing tailgate food ever. Met some wonderful people that I'd never have met if not for NU Football.

Although we lost the game, I went out afterwards where I went to another drinking establishment where again, the Fargo Faithful wouldn't let me spend a dime.

I left Fargo the next morning with $200 in my wallet.

That's what FCS football is all about.

JMUNJ08
November 24th, 2009, 08:29 AM
NDSU will ALWAYS have a soft spot in my heart, and is the leading candidate for my Midwest team (SDSU is a close second).

I had a wonderful weekend in Fargo when NU played there in 2006. I arrived with $200 in my wallet (this is an important detail).

I flew in, got to my hotel, and walked into a bar/restaurant wearing my NU football sweatshirt and hat. It was about 5 pm. Around 11:30 pm I left having spent the better part of 6 1/2 hours with some diehard NDSU fans who shared stories of Rocky Hager and his legendary NDSU teams of the late 80s and early 1990s.

I don't remember ever seeing a bar tab or a dinner bill. The bartender said to me "on us, you're our guest".

Next day I head over to the Fargodome early, as a few posters on AGS mentioned the tailgating started well in advance of the game. I planned on making a lap around the dome, spending my day experiencinng the Bison Tailgates that many raved about.

I think I got about 10 steps into the parking lot before someone yelled to me "Hey, want some breakfast?" I had a wonderful breakfast with some fans, who told me more Rocky Hager stories, fed me well, and continued to introduce me to more NDSU fans who fed me and introduced me to more NDSU fans. I was a bit tipsy but I remember watching the ND-Michigan game on TV at one tailgate.

By gametime I think I went to 10-15 different tailgates and had some of the most amazing tailgate food ever. Met some wonderful people that I'd never have met if not for NU Football.

Although we lost the game, I went out afterwards where I went to another drinking establishment where again, the Fargo Faithful wouldn't let me spend a dime.

Great storyxthumbsupx

Sader87
November 24th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Husky Alum, would love to have you in Sader Nation but the Worcester PD would probably arrest you at your first tailgate as a HC fan.

Terrible news, know many NU alums and some former NU players personally...all great people. Hang in there.

Go...gate
November 24th, 2009, 09:03 AM

Yes, indeed. And it is terribly sad that another important piece of it has passed on into history.

I've PM'ed you regarding Colgate-Northeastern starting a four-game series and hoped I would get to meet you sometime. When you love your school and you know what the kids go through (NE kids, like Colgate's were mostly good kids who were going on not to the NFL but to face the challenges of being good citizens, parents, businesspeople, etc.) you get that much more attached to your program. I know this is not the end of the world, but something important has been lost to you, your family and Northeastern.