PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina State at Appalachian State

Pages : [1] 2

WestCoastAggie
November 22nd, 2009, 08:39 PM
This game will have Monumental IMPLICATIONS for the MEAC as we know it. A loss will almost stamp the MEAC saying bye-bye to the Playoffs.

Klandbulldog
November 22nd, 2009, 08:50 PM
I agree. As a SCSU fan I kind of like this match up. Dont get me wrong I would've love to have a home game and I think we shouldve gotten one but we didnt so crying(as I've seen with some fellow SCSU fans) is not going to change anything. We are familiar with App State. We know we can compete & I think when the SCSU's team/fans/band show up in Boone to Rock the Rock we will be expecting a different out come this time. Hopefully it will be a great game.

ASU_MBA
November 22nd, 2009, 09:19 PM
agreed..... plus this is a revenge game for them too.... I'm counting on a pretty close game

We need to watch the Grambling and U. South Carolina game films.....I imagine we will see a steady dose of Derrick Wiley at QB running the option or wildcat with Ford. Long can throw the ball but I think they try to run the ball and the clock anyway possible.

Didn't SCSU lose their best defender a star LB to injury this year?

theasushow
November 23rd, 2009, 08:24 AM
Should be a good game, last years results may benefit scsu since they have already been to the rock and they played asu close for a half. They are also going to be pissed about not getting a home game. I highly doubt this will be a walk in the park for APP.

MountaineerNation
November 23rd, 2009, 08:48 AM
agreed..... plus this is a revenge game for them too.... I'm counting on a pretty close game

hebmskebm
November 23rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
This game will have Monumental IMPLICATIONS for the MEAC as we know it. A loss will almost stamp the MEAC saying bye-bye to the Playoffs.

I don't know if a loss alone would have implications. If they get throttled, yes, but I think if its a close, hard fought game, win or lose, it would help the case of those who want the MEAC to stay in the playoffs.

theasushow
November 23rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
hopefully AE will treat this game as his senior day since he didnt get one stinkin snap yesterday.

App Attack
November 23rd, 2009, 09:39 AM
SC State impressed me last year. They certainly gave us a scare. They were much better than I anticipated. That little RB they had drove me nuts. They were pretty good defensively too. AE did throw for 400+ because he was injured and we couldn't run. I'm afraid it will be closer than 37-21 this time around.

Pitbull
November 23rd, 2009, 09:52 AM

Yeah....we lost #5, Marshall "The Natural" McFadden....He's the truth...But we have good depth at LB...check out our overall defensive stats for the season....We should be ok on defense...

Klandbulldog
November 23rd, 2009, 09:55 AM
Didn't SCSU lose their best defender a star LB to injury this year?[/QUOTE]

Yeah we did lose Marshall McFadden...but he hasn't played all year. I think they were trying to a medical redshirt, but I'm not sure if it was granted. Others have step in to fill the void and I think our defense is better this year.

Klandbulldog
November 23rd, 2009, 09:57 AM
I'm a little slow Pitbull...lol

CID1990
November 23rd, 2009, 10:02 AM
This is going to be a close one. I hope ASU's defense shows up or it will be a rough day. Armanti needs to play, too.

ThompsonThe
November 23rd, 2009, 10:03 AM

Yeah we did lose Marshall McFadden...but he hasn't played all year. I think they were trying to a medical redshirt, but I'm not sure if it was granted. Others have step in to fill the void and I think our defense is better this year.[/QUOTE]

We lost CoCo Hillary a few weeks ago in practice. That hurt us.
Should be a good game. Suppossed to have snow in the mountains Thursday but shouldn't be any problem.

Bring layers of clothes, even if you do not think you will need them.

ericsaid
November 23rd, 2009, 10:20 AM
App's defense is much improved and the pass rush has been phenomenal the last two weeks. IF AE is healthy i'll go 45-24 App.

inpsite1919
November 23rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
We need to watch the Grambling and U. South Carolina game films.....I imagine we will see a steady dose of Derrick Wiley at QB running the option or wildcat with Ford. Long can throw the ball but I think they try to run the ball and the clock anyway possible.

I think this is going to be a very interesting ball game. SCSU'S defense has been consistent throughout the whole season and even stronger as of late with the offense letting them rest. The University of SC can tell vouch for what a rested SCSU Defense is capable off. App State is a seasoned quad that has been here every year of the current seniors tenure, but SCSU is not just happy to be in the dance and if the play their game the Marching 101 will keep that fight song blowing.

ASU_MBA they need to watch all film because that big train at QB isn’t afraid to tuck and run that ball (He has had success as of late).

To everyone talking about a revenge game I guess everyone is entitled to their on view of the situation, but I don’t think we have anything to get revenge for. Last year we walked into the game green and enjoyed early success. The coaching staff made dumb calls down the stretch and that’s it. If a team calls time outs when I’m trying to end the game I would go for their throats as well. So I think a statement game maybe, but revenge game no.

Also about the heritage bowl it was good at conception then it died away. Let sleeping dogs lay. The MEAC SWAC challenge is decent, but not that great.

AppChicago
November 23rd, 2009, 12:33 PM
SC State is one of the few non-SoCon FCS teams I've seen in action, live, this year.

They looked mighty solid out of the gate against a shaky USC in front of 80,000+ at Williams-Brice a few months ago. Granted, by the end of the ballgame they'd fallen victim to USC's depth, but they put up a solid fight.

Assuming AE's fighting-fit and the D decides to come out of that cushy new locker room and play some football, I think we'll come out okay. I say we lead 24-14 at the half, and win the game by less than 7.

FormerPokeCenter
November 23rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
What's the projected crowd gonna be like for this game?

Will it be hard to get tickets?

My Pokes are hosting New Hampshire in Lake Charles, but I'll find myself in Charlotte this weekend, jonesing for a game to watch...I might just have to drive up to Boone again...wearing Blue and Gold, of course ;)

3E9App
November 23rd, 2009, 01:37 PM
What's the projected crowd gonna be like for this game?

Will it be hard to get tickets?

My Pokes are hosting New Hampshire in Lake Charles, but I'll find myself in Charlotte this weekend, jonesing for a game to watch...I might just have to drive up to Boone again...wearing Blue and Gold, of course ;)

Thanksgiving weekend means there will be plenty of tickets available for this one.

inpsite1919
November 23rd, 2009, 02:52 PM
Assuming AE's fighting-fit and the D decides to come out of that cushy new locker room and play some football, I think we'll come out okay. I say we lead 24-14 at the half, and win the game by less than 7.

24-14 at the half, I could see that as a final score. Who will have the 24? Only time will tell. Our offense is good when they are making the right decisions, but our defense is a beast. To see them give up 24 in the first half I don’t think so. I do understand Edwards is a great QB, but SCSU's defense has only given up 31 to Grambling, 38 to FBS SC, and 20 to FAMU for the whole game. Everyone else only managed 10 or 13. I know the argument will come up about the level of competition and I agree that the MEAC still has some work to do, but no conference is perfect.

For u to say that ASU will jump out to a nice cushion means to me you think the bulldogs will come out stiff then regroup, well maybe your right maybe your wrong. Win Lose or Draw I'm a loyal Bulldog alumnus for life. Keep up the good work. Good Luck 2 both teams.

appstate38
November 23rd, 2009, 07:27 PM
We have seen what a focused App offense/defense can do. Hopefully we will have that group throughout the playoffs.

biggie
November 23rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
AE healthy is the key for our Offense. Believe the D will be 'ok', but the O has to score more than vs WCU.

Not sure if the cold will effect SCSU. High of 40 and flurries early should make it feel like football, finally.

gr8ness97
November 23rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
AE healthy is the key for our Offense. Believe the D will be 'ok', but the O has to score more than vs WCU.

Not sure if the cold will effect SCSU. High of 40 and flurries early should make it feel like football, finally.

AE didnt play against Western Carolina. This should be a really good game! xnodx

AllForAppState
November 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
Coach Moore said before the game on Saturday that AE could have 'played and played well' against Western, but that they wanted to rest him up for the playoffs because, honestly, they are more important than any Senior day or Jug Bowl. I think AE will play Saturday and as long as he is on the field, App can play with anyone. I think SCSU, while playing very well at the Rock last year, knows this first hand from that amazing play he made that turned that game around in last year's first round. We won't be taking SCSU lightly, but the Apps are a much better team this season...I anticipate advancing, but I won't say we're steamrolling to the finals...not yet!

Appguy
November 23rd, 2009, 08:15 PM
Malcolm Long has to be the largest QB ive seen at any level. he's a tank.
Last year we threw on them pretty well with Armanti's leg being hurt then. I think we should just try to replicate what we did last year and go to the air.

Black and Gold Express
November 23rd, 2009, 08:15 PM
I'm sure I am not alone in having no idea what ASU is going to put out there. The defense has gotten better each of the last few weeks, they pretty much won the game for us against Elon and Western. Compared to what we had early on in the season, any ASU fan has to breathe a sigh of relief that the defense at least seems to be ready to peak at the right time. On offense, I am sure I was not alone at being completely hoodwinked by all the "Armanti will play" talk during the week only to see him out for the whole game. A one-legged Armanti was enough to beat SCSU last year and I have no reason to think the same couldn't happen again this year, because what we DO have this year, unlike last year, is a very healthy set of running backs to play. The passing offense seems to have overcome the loss of CoCo, although it seems like Quick's knee has been dinged each of hte last two weeks. Regardless, I do not think there is a defense in I-AA that has an answer for Edwards to Quick if both are playing close to 100%.

I don't think it's unfair to say that if there would be a blowout in this game, ASU has the far higher likelihood of being on top of it. But at the very least I think we should be able to advance by 10-14 points in this one, assuming we have #14 back there. Cadet's just not showing enough in the passing game to make people believe he can beat them that way and the offense has slipped because of that. But even with Cadet in there I still think the ASU defense has proven enough recently to warrant belief in them that we can win this week even with a bogged down offense.

biggie
November 23rd, 2009, 08:20 PM
AE didnt play against Western Carolina. This should be a really good game! xnodx
Yes, he didn't play, that's why when he does play we'll need to score more than we did.

SCSU didn't get to see a healthy AE last year, he did not run at all do to his knee. Depending on his knee this year he may not run much again. Believe very few people know the real story with the knee injury this year, we'll find out Saturday.

bosshogg
November 23rd, 2009, 08:20 PM
First of all let me say that I have nothing but respect for App State. I think that Edwards may just be the best 1-AA player ever.....certainly one of the best...

I also dont hold it against App that we have to travel. I dont blame it on anything other than our conference. Going undefeated in the MEAC for 2 years means nothing to the rest of 1-AA. This is part of the reason why even before this who Heritigae bowl conversation resurfaced, I was already wanting to leave the MEAC. SOCON or Big South would be better for what we are trying to do as a program.

I think it will be agood game. I was hoping for elon. I think we match up better with them. I dont like the best player on the other team being the QB. Much rather it be that WR that Elon has. You can double cover, slide coverages, and at least control him. Armanti gets the ball every play. You can stop him 30 plays in a row and he kill you on the 31st.

Like I said, I repect app and look forward to playing you guys. win or lose, you guys are the class of 1-AA. To be the best, you gotta beat the best.....

We want to be the best.....

james_lawfirm
November 23rd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Malcolm Long has to be the largest QB ive seen at any level. he's a tank.
Last year we threw on them pretty well with Armanti's leg being hurt then. I think we should just try to replicate what we did last year and go to the air.

I disagree. SCState has seen our passing game. I think we should run the ball 70% of the time. D. Moore should have a good day.

B&G
November 23rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
24-14 at the half, I could see that as a final score. Who will have the 24? Only time will tell. Our offense is good when they are making the right decisions, but our defense is a beast. To see them give up 24 in the first half I don’t think so. I do understand Edwards is a great QB, but SCSU's defense has only given up 31 to Grambling, 38 to FBS SC, and 20 to FAMU for the whole game. Everyone else only managed 10 or 13. I know the argument will come up about the level of competition and I agree that the MEAC still has some work to do, but no conference is perfect.

For u to say that ASU will jump out to a nice cushion means to me you think the bulldogs will come out stiff then regroup, well maybe your right maybe your wrong. Win Lose or Draw I'm a loyal Bulldog alumnus for life. Keep up the good work. Good Luck 2 both teams.

It could be argued that ASU's offense is better than FAMU, Grambling or FBS SC's offenses.

I hate that we drew SCSU. I wanted to be able to root for them as a first round "underdog" but obviously I can't do that since they're playing App. xthumbsdownx

jus10asu
November 23rd, 2009, 08:37 PM
I see this one going similar to the Elon game. SCSU is a totally different team but App is gonna be going all out and Armanti isn't gonna be missing one step. He wants to go out with a bang and its gonna be crazy watching him in the playoffs. Our D will step it up as well as the O line. A lot of people have been doubtful of this team but I think we're more of a force than they get credit. Hopefully there is a decent crowd at the game. App wins by 14+.

Appguy
November 23rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
I disagree. SCState has seen our passing game. I think we should run the ball 70% of the time. D. Moore should have a good day.

They saw it for 4 quarters and 433 yards and couldn't adjust, Im just for sticking with whats working and less risk to Armanti if hes not down field.

biggie
November 23rd, 2009, 08:40 PM
Yeah, unfortunately with Thanksgiving and cold + TV coverage we'll be down on attendance. Hope to have 15k.

james_lawfirm
November 23rd, 2009, 08:42 PM
They saw it for 4 quarters and 433 yards and couldn't adjust, Im just for sticking with whats working and less risk to Armanti if hes not down field.

My point was that last year, the running game was not an option. Injuries had taken out our RBs & AE too. This year, let's run until they stop it.

bosshogg
November 23rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2009/11/23/bulldogzone/doc4b0a19b7cce2b900269615.txt

http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2009/11/23/bulldogzone/doc4b0a1a2059993415211785.txt

Pitbull
November 23rd, 2009, 08:47 PM
App is App...Explosive, disciplined, well coached and AE....

We have improved from last year.....

Our secondary is better than last year - will it be enough...?

We have a kicker that can hit it from 44 yards out...If we keep it close something could happen...

Our passing game is a lot better than last year...teams have been stacking the box all season to try and stop Will Ford..This has given Long the opportunity to build confidence/timing w/ his WR targets...

Our Turnover margin is great this year....defense is always looking to make plays...

This is will be a good match up...... xthumbsupx

ejjones
November 23rd, 2009, 08:49 PM
My point was that last year, the running game was not an option. Injuries had taken out our RBs & AE too. This year, let's run until they stop it.

Our pass defense is much improved over last year. Our run defense has always been solid.

bosshogg
November 23rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
Our pass defense is much improved over last year. Our run defense has always been solid.

We of course invite all App fans, and anyone else for that matter to our fan site,

www.scstatefans.com

I know many of our fans are going to join apps board...

Appguy
November 23rd, 2009, 08:51 PM

Could be a good idea, last year Jackson and Welton were our best options and Armanti certainly didn't have the running mojo.

Their offense moved on us better than I had anticipated though, and it was a game basically into the 4th. so I don't expect a blow out.

SpeedkingATL
November 23rd, 2009, 09:16 PM
I hope we see the same focused, disciplined team we saw at Elon last week, if so it might be a tough day for SCSU. That said, ASU has had trouble the last few years with big mobile QB's that can help control the clock and keep the ball away from AE. SCSU had success with short drop offs to the tight ends and receivers last year which was a problem earlier in the season for ASU.

This should be a very interesting match-up and hopefully an ASU victory.xprayx

Appinator
November 23rd, 2009, 09:56 PM
I really, REALLY hope that we hear more injury updates during this week, or I think I might go nuts. Around the Mountain has already let me down today, I just wish the Athletic Department would throw us a bone.

ASUTodd
November 23rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
SC State had better get all the points they can in the first half. App is a second half team and WILL come seam rolling out of the locker room. The second half has been our almost all year. SCSU will put up a good fight but I see them losing 35-28. To all coming to Boone, have a safe trip and WEAR PLENTY OF LAYERS. I cannot stress how cold that wind coming off the mountain is. Again, LAYERS...

DLS
November 23rd, 2009, 10:27 PM
http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/nov/23/apps-to-take-on-bulldogs-again/

good article on team's thoughts toward scsu and edwards' status.

Waco Kid
November 23rd, 2009, 11:13 PM
First of all let me say that I have nothing but respect for App State. I think that Edwards may just be the best 1-AA player ever.....certainly one of the best...

I also dont hold it against App that we have to travel. I dont blame it on anything other than our conference. Going undefeated in the MEAC for 2 years means nothing to the rest of 1-AA. This is part of the reason why even before this who Heritigae bowl conversation resurfaced, I was already wanting to leave the MEAC. SOCON or Big South would be better for what we are trying to do as a program.

I think it will be agood game. I was hoping for elon. I think we match up better with them. I dont like the best player on the other team being the QB. Much rather it be that WR that Elon has. You can double cover, slide coverages, and at least control him. Armanti gets the ball every play. You can stop him 30 plays in a row and he kill you on the 31st.

Like I said, I repect app and look forward to playing you guys. win or lose, you guys are the class of 1-AA. To be the best, you gotta beat the best.....

There are a few schools I wouldn't mind you taking the place of in the SoCon. PLaying in front of 18K+ in Orangeburg would be a lot more fun that some of the other places we have to travel to.

AshevilleApp
November 24th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Just got my tickets!! Woot!

AppAlum2003
November 24th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Like a lot of App fans - I hate we're playing SCSU in the first round. After last year's match, SCSU is out for revenge... those articles posted earlier even quote the players saying that.

The NCAA screwed SCSU out of a home game, plain and simple. I think if Liberty had gotten in, Richmond would have hosted them and SCSU would have hosted Elon.

ASUG8
November 24th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Just got my tickets!! Woot!

Me too - section 210.

appirishmen
November 24th, 2009, 12:48 AM

i was fully expecting yall to have a home game. i wish safe travels for all SCST fans up to Boone.

ronpayne
November 24th, 2009, 01:08 AM
The NCAA screwed SCSU out of a home game, plain and simple. I think if Liberty had gotten in, Richmond would have hosted them and SCSU would have hosted Elon.

I agree! You'd think with $$ being a priority, and SCSU having such high attendance in our division, we would have been paired with another team just to have a higher $$ by virtue of ASU's bid and then SCSU's presumably strong bid.

Go Apps! I'll be there (in great seats, nonetheless) on Saturday with my layers!

R.A.
November 24th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Just win Bulldogs! Just win!!

blukeys
November 24th, 2009, 01:31 AM

After watching MEAC games for 20 + years I consider SCSU to be the premier Program of the MEAC. (I know some think it should be FAMU but that hasn't been true since the early 80's) SCSU are consistently well coached and well disciplined and always acquit themselves well against all opponents.

The prior coach at DSU prior to Al Lavan was a SCSU assistant who got hosed by the DSU administration. He was given 48 scollies and told to compete with the rest of I-AA. He was a good guy and a class act who if given the resources would have gotten DSU to the same place they are now if not better.

I think SCSU can hang tough with ASU. I personally think that the ASU firepower will put them over the top.

I would also like to say I met some SCSU fans about 10 years ago who came up to Dover and they were a great bunch.

Sould the MEAC dump the playoffs, I think SCSU (As well as DSU) should consider their options.

The Big South would be an option for both. I also think the SoCon or the CAA might be worth a phone call.

WestCoastAggie
November 24th, 2009, 01:38 AM
For some reason, I think this will be the toughest FCS game for both teams this season.

Both teams have players that will be drafted.

Can Buddy get SCSU over their big game hump? The Bulldogs can and will strike early but The Mountaineers can Catch-Up in the 2nd Half.

This one will be close... xchinscratchx

GOODY26
November 24th, 2009, 01:56 AM
http://www.bluedeathvalley.com/photogallery/Darren%20Toler%202009%20SCSU%20game%

Appalachian St, and SCSU round II. I looking for a good gam.xthumbsupx

ericsaid
November 24th, 2009, 03:55 AM
For some reason, I think this will be the toughest FCS game for both teams this season.

Both teams have players that will be drafted.

Can Buddy get SCSU over their big game hump? The Bulldogs can and will strike early but The Mountaineers can Catch-Up in the 2nd Half.

This one will be close... xchinscratchx

I believe McNeese was more difficult. Equal runningbacks, McNeese had a better quarterback and tight ends. App just has to play fundamental defense and let AE loose.

Appattk
November 24th, 2009, 04:34 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2506/4128487583_9e80f5c884_o.jpg

Ok folks, you know the drill. Call you auntie. Call your Uncle. Call your two-bit half brother-in-law from Gastonia. Call that cousin from your sister's boyfriend's cell mate in Raleigh.

I don't care who you call... just do it and tell them to get their butts wrapped up and in their seats at the Rock this Saturday!

I'm bringing my usual 6 + 2 that normally don't make it up...

You know SCSU fans will be bringing it, let's do the same and fill up our stadium with Black and Gold!

AppStsGr8
November 24th, 2009, 04:40 AM
The App crowd will probably be a bit thinner with most of the kids home for the Thanksgiving holiday. I'd expect 15,000 (give or take). Last year, the SCSU fans traveled very well and made themselves heard. That really makes a difference.

This should be a great game. I'd love for Edwards to be 100%, but I'm not sure that's possible. Without Edwards, the offense tends to flounder a bit before it can get anything done.

If the App defense that shut down the Riddle-Hudgins threat shows up, App has much better chances. The offense has to work well enough to keep the defense off the field some, though. The level of defensive intensity I saw at Elon can't happen for entire quarters at a time.

Here's to healthy players, decent officiating, good crowds, and a great game! GO APP!

AshevilleApp
November 24th, 2009, 04:49 AM
The App crowd will probably be a bit thinner with most of the kids home for the Thanksgiving holiday. I'd expect 15,000 (give or take). Last year, the SCSU fans traveled very well and made themselves heard. That really makes a difference.

This should be a great game. I'd love for Edwards to be 100%, but I'm not sure that's possible. Without Edwards, the offense tends to flounder a bit before it can get anything done.

If the App defense that shut down the Riddle-Hudgins threat shows up, App has much better chances. The offense has to work well enough to keep the defense off the field some, though. The level of defensive intensity I saw at Elon can't happen for entire quarters at a time.

Here's to healthy players, decent officiating, good crowds, and a great game! GO APP!

I think the defense has shown to be a very different crew than the first of the year. not sure if its personnel or coaching, etc. Fletcher and Tanyi have been all over the backfield lately utilizing their speed to get around the tackles.

Still worried about special teams which it may come down to in this game (field position + field goals)

AppMAN04
November 24th, 2009, 05:08 AM
To be honest this is going to be a very good game! I really didnt want to have to play SCSU the first game... I think as long as the defense from the last few weeks show up, I believe we will win this game. Offensively we will put points on the board and if AE is back to his oldself again then its a win..

I went to the game last year and SCSU was def in the house and Im going this weekend also..For the fans traveling up this weekend be safe and enjoy the best tailgaing experience EVER!! SCSU has great fans that were all nice, they were cold as hell last year and I dont expect this year to be much different..I just hope it doesnt rain again...GO APPS!

ASU_Fanatic
November 24th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Yeah, guys. Lets make some NOISE at the rock on Saturday.

DEX
November 24th, 2009, 05:31 AM
This was just a bad draw for the dawgs. State is the best team we've had in the MEAC in a few years but App in Boone, at playoff time is almost unbeatable..................almost.

ASU_Fanatic
November 24th, 2009, 05:37 AM
AE wont let us lose..he's out for blood this time.

B&G
November 24th, 2009, 05:47 AM
I have a few friends that went to SCSU. The general consensus after last year's game was that they weren't all that impressed with ASU. That isn't to say that they think we sucked but I think they weren't expecting the game to be quite so competitive. This time around they are coming to The Rock and they're not just happy to be there. They expect to win... and maybe they will.

But I tend to think this time they will see a different ASU. They'll see the team they were expecting to see in 2008. They will not be underwhelmed by the Mountaineers. I would compare it to their two game series versus Coastal Carolina. In 2005, Coastal squeaked by 24-23. The rematch game saw SCSU really wanting revenge but they lost 33-14.

I'll be watching for a hard fought contest. But if this game gets away from SCSU, then I will not be surprised. xtwocentsx

Pitbull
November 24th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I have a few friends that went to SCSU. The general consensus after last year's game was that they weren't all that impressed with ASU. That isn't to say that they think we sucked but I think they weren't expecting the game to be quite so competitive. This time around they are coming to The Rock and they're not just happy to be there. They expect to win... and maybe they will.

But I tend to think this time they will see a different ASU. They'll see the team they were expecting to see in 2008. They will not be underwhelmed by the Mountaineers. I would compare it to their two game series versus Coastal Carolina. In 2005, Coastal squeaked by 24-23. The rematch game saw SCSU really wanting revenge but they lost 33-14.

I'll be watching for a hard fought contest. But if this game gets away from SCSU, then I will not be surprised. xtwocentsx

Dawgs win....

SCSU - 28 xnodx
ASU- 27

appfan2008
November 24th, 2009, 07:49 AM
I agree with everyone on here that I hate this draw... SCSU is ready for us and want revenge... I would have rather had w&m or someone else... but oh well... i will be there wrapped up and ready to go...

McNeese75
November 24th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Do y'all really think this is going to be a close game xconfusedx

I just don't see it xsmhx

If AE is playing this is a walk away xbowx

Ivytalk
November 24th, 2009, 08:06 AM
App State 35, SCSU 14.

mistersykes
November 24th, 2009, 08:12 AM
SCSU has great fans and a great team...I wish I could root for y'all! I was nervous about this game last year, and I'm nervous about it again. A lot depends on how healthy Armanti is. The bulldogs can certainly play and have been very impressive all year, but I think we'll be ready. I wish I could be in Boone! GO APP!

gofurman
November 24th, 2009, 10:17 AM

depends on if you count players at schools before there was 1AA - like WALTER PAYTON... then no way is AE the best ever, not even mentioning the Kurt Warners and Brian Westbrooks of the world ! AE just is in a more impact position than some bc he is at QB. Heck, you could argue App's own Dexter Coakley was better. Depends on your criteria.

Randy Moss, Terrell Owens... is AE better than them? no way is he better than Randy Moss

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2009, 10:20 AM
depends on if you count players at schools before there was 1AA - like WALTER PAYTON... then no way is AE the best ever, not even mentioning the Kurt Warners and Brian Westbrooks of the world ! AE just is in a more impact position than some bc he is at QB. Heck, you could argue App's own Dexter Coakley was better. Depends on your criteria.

Randy Moss, Terrell Owens... is AE better than them? no way is he better than Randy Moss

IN COLLEGE, AE is the best of any of those you listed. easily. adrian peterson would have been a much more viable candidate than any of the ones you listed, other than Coakley, and id still take AE

Tebow may not do a dang thing in the NFL, but because of that, he's not one of the Best College football players ever?

but, this thread is not about AE. back to the game!

appmaj
November 24th, 2009, 06:32 PM

If you are looking at this at a structly I-AA/FCS Status only one season for Moss counts. Marshall moved up in his second year.

That season he caught 78 passes for 1709 yrds & 28 td's (15 games)

The TD total is impressive, but his average yrds per game would place him fourth overall compared to this year.

appmaj
November 24th, 2009, 06:41 PM

TO was not really that great of a College player.

His best season he caught 57 passes for 838 yards 6 TD.

appmaj
November 24th, 2009, 06:56 PM

Warner only started one season @ UNI threw for 2,747 yards & 17 tds

12 players this season have more yards and TD's.

appmaj
November 24th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Westbrook was a great player; Westbrook rushed for 1,603 yards, caught 59 passes for 658 yards, and scored 29 TDs in his payton season.

mikebigg
November 24th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Like a lot of App fans - I hate we're playing SCSU in the first round. After last year's match, SCSU is out for revenge... those articles posted earlier even quote the players saying that.

xthumbsupx

CharlestonAppFan
November 24th, 2009, 09:18 PM

I agree with you xnodx

I've never seen a player be THAT much of a factor in a football game. When AE is healthy, and I think he will be fine for this playoff run, he can will his way to wins. He can beat a team in several different ways, through the air, or on the ground. Lately it's been through the air, but when he adds his running game in the mix, he is almost unstoppable.

No team in the nation can score as fast and as much as we can on any given saturday. If our D keeps playing like it has, I don't see a team that can keep up with us (or more importantly AE). But his health is a concern for now, until he proves he is OK this weekend.

If he is heathly, we score in the 40's, if not and he can only pass, than we score in the low 30's. I don't think SC State will score more than 24 or so, if that. And that's only because we take them out of their game by scoring quickly in the beginning of the game. That's not a slight against the Bulldogs, but if you are behind by two or three TD's, they have to adjust and that's not easy to do.

SCSUBULLDOG1
November 24th, 2009, 10:15 PM
AE is a great player but remember we have a great D. They picked USC off and had some sacks so be assured they will be ready to put the pressure on him and take him out of the gameplan. If they are depending mostly on AE it may be a long day.

People were talking about how Vann from FAMU was perhaps the best KR in the nation untill he ran into SCSU and since then he has went straight down hill. We will come up with a plan to stop AE.

theasushow
November 24th, 2009, 10:28 PM
AE is a great player but remember we have a great D. They picked USC off and had some sacks so be assured they will be ready to put the pressure on him and take him out of the gameplan. If they are depending mostly on AE it may be a long day.

People were talking about how Vann from FAMU was perhaps the best KR in the nation untill he ran into SCSU and since then he has went straight down hill. We will come up with a plan to stop AE.

wow.....take AE out of the game plan?? Not real sure how a team does that when he has the ball every single snap. Im sure the rest of FCS would like to hear your secret. They didn't exactly come up with a plan last year to take him out of the game...433 yards passing. Trying to beat AE is not how you beat APP.

ASUG8
November 24th, 2009, 10:33 PM
wow.....take AE out of the game plan?? Not real sure how a team does that when he has the ball every single snap. Im sure the rest of FCS would like to hear your secret. They didn't exactly come up with a plan last year to take him out of the game...433 yards passing. Trying to beat AE is not how you beat APP.

Agreed - Elon's vaunted D didn't do much to contain our O until slowing us down a bit in the second half. If necessary, we've shown flashes of "shock and awe" to get a quick lead and make the opponent take chances down the field. Fortunately since the McNeese game, our defense has appeared a lot less porous and we're getting some pressure in the backfield. I hope that same D shows up Saturday because we'll need it against Ford.

AppIAA
November 24th, 2009, 10:33 PM
We will come up with a plan to stop AE.

Please do!!! Focus all your attention on AE.. he is the only offensive threat App has.. ;)

CharlestonAppFan
November 24th, 2009, 10:34 PM

Nobody has had such a plan yet, well except the fElon players of course...I'll let that go for now. You guys had a "great" D last year as well, but AE still put up over 430 yards last year on you, on one bad leg with only our 5th string RB.

And I'm sorry but Garcia is not a good QB for the Gamecocks; USC has a good SEC defense, but not an offense. AE would run circles around him.

Also yes, we always depend mostly on AE, because he gets the ball on every offensive play. We haven't had a long day on Offense in quite a while. You will not "stop" AE, sorry.

But good luck to you guys, I think your team is very strong this year. I just think you are matching up with a team that is hitting it's cylinders at just the right time. Otherwise, I think the Bulldogs would beat more than half of the teams in the bracket. Regionalization has got to go....

Saint3333
November 24th, 2009, 10:44 PM

AE passed for 400 yards against SCST on one leg last year. AE isn't a player you stop, you hope to limit the damage. Much like Ford for you guys. I'm sure he'll have close to 100 yards on Saturday.

Should be a good game, just got news my friend has sideline passesxhurrayx.

WestCoastAggie
November 24th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I agree with you xnodx

I've never seen a player be THAT much of a factor in a football game. When AE is healthy, and I think he will be fine for this playoff run, he can will his way to wins. He can beat a team in several different ways, through the air, or on the ground. Lately it's been through the air, but when he adds his running game in the mix, he is almost unstoppable.

No team in the nation can score as fast and as much as we can on any given saturday. If our D keeps playing like it has, I don't see a team that can keep up with us (or more importantly AE). But his health is a concern for now, until he proves he is OK this weekend.

If he is heathly, we score in the 40's, if not and he can only pass, than we score in the low 30's. I don't think SC State will score more than 24 or so, if that. And that's only because we take them out of their game by scoring quickly in the beginning of the game. That's not a slight against the Bulldogs, but if you are behind by two or three TD's, they have to adjust and that's not easy to do.

I just don't think he is 100% and playing that Defense of SCSU, this season, you need to be 100%. They will hit Edwards and hit him hard. This has the makings to be the toughest team The Mountaineers played since they played McNeese St.

But even at 80%, Edwards is one player that will be hard to slow down.

BulldogWillie
November 24th, 2009, 11:05 PM
South Carolina State @ Appaalachian State
Kidd Brewer Stadium (The Rock)-Boone,N.C.

I think S.C. State matches up well with the Mountaineers. Given the way the Bulldogs played last year,I think the Bulldogs will keep this game close all the way in the fourth quater and this time win the game.

biggie
November 24th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Just listened to JM's teleconference from this morning. Said AE practiced fully and looked fine yesterday. Said he didn't think he would be limited at all.

theasushow
November 24th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I just don't think he is 100% and playing that Defense of SCSU, this season, you need to be 100%. They will hit Edwards and hit him hard. This has the makings to be the toughest team The Mountaineers played since they played McNeese St.

But even at 80%, Edwards is one player that will be hard to slow down.

while SCSU does have a good defense, they werent the #1 ranked defense like elon was. and app shredded the #1 defense in the 1st half.

SIUallDay
November 24th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Should be a good game

AppStsGr8
November 24th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I think the defense has shown to be a very different crew than the first of the year. not sure if its personnel or coaching, etc. Fletcher and Tanyi have been all over the backfield lately utilizing their speed to get around the tackles.

Still worried about special teams which it may come down to in this game (field position + field goals)

Agree 100% on Fletcher and Tanyi. Tanyi was a one man swarm against Western. The both kept going and going all game long. The cool thing is that Tanyi just turned 19!

Appinator
November 25th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Just listened to JM's teleconference from this morning. Said AE practiced fully and looked fine yesterday. Said he didn't think he would be limited at all.

Does anyone else have problems with that Silverlight program JumpTV uses. It never loads for me and seems like a POC.

biggie
November 25th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Does anyone else have problems with that Silverlight program JumpTV uses. It never loads for me and seems like a POC.
All the recent things haven't been updating on GoASUTV's site. I normally use this one:
http://www.goasu.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?KEY=&id=135327&type=vod&oemid=21500

But nothing been updating on there in a long time.

I just had to go to SoConsports.com to listen to the teleconferences.

biggie
November 25th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Currently calling for 15-20mph winds Saturday, around 40-45 degrees, will put the wind chills in the low 30s during the game, espcially in any shade.

crossfire07
November 25th, 2009, 01:24 AM

do you have the latest silverlight updates?

Appinator
November 25th, 2009, 01:36 AM
All the recent things haven't been updating on GoASUTV's site. I normally use this one:
http://www.goasu.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?KEY=&id=135327&type=vod&oemid=21500

But nothing been updating on there in a long time.

I just had to go to SoConsports.com to listen to the teleconferences.

Thanks, I will try it on the SoCon site

do you have the latest silverlight updates?

Pretty sure I do, plus I just updated my browser, I am sure I can figure it out. Just didn't know if everyone else was running into the same thing too. Thanks again.

AppAlum96
November 25th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Thanks, I will try it on the SoCon site

Pretty sure I do, plus I just updated my browser, I am sure I can figure it out. Just didn't know if everyone else was running into the same thing too. Thanks again.

I had trouble at first, and still do with IE (Ironic how most of the trouble I've had with windows based systems is Microsoft software and/or hardware not working together), but I got it to work with the latest Firefox.

Mountaineer#96
November 25th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Is this game going to be televised???

If so what channel?

proasu89
November 25th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Is this game going to be televised???

If so what channel?

ESPNU @ 12pm.

Runner
November 25th, 2009, 08:49 AM

SCSUBULLDOG1: Come on now. You guys wouldn't kick to Vann. You did, but it was that squib kick (which was smart). No other kicker we faced could kick it like that. He "went straight down hill" because no one would kick to him. For the most part he was not kicked to after the second game of the season (before we played State). And.....a few weeks ago(after State) Morgan St or NC A&T decided to kick to him and he ran one back. Just wanted to set the record straight. But right now I'm a Bulldog Fan. I think the bulldog Defense will put alot of pressure on AE and i'm not sure if App State Defense will be able to contain Malcom Long and Company.

biggie
November 25th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I think the bulldog Defense will put alot of pressure on AE and i'm not sure if App State Defense will be able to contain Malcom Long and Company.
If all is normal 'presure' on AE equals him rushing or scrambling to throw, either usually works out for us. Fine line against AE to rush and contain.

For our D, they handled Elon well and expect/hope for the same Saturday.

Pitbull
November 25th, 2009, 10:23 AM
If all is normal 'presure' on AE equals him rushing or scrambling to throw, either usually works out for us. Fine line against AE to rush and contain.

For our D, they handled Elon well and expect/hope for the same Saturday.

:D Yeah...We want him to run... xwhistlex

ThompsonThe
November 25th, 2009, 10:54 AM

I bet you don't

SideLine Shooter
November 25th, 2009, 11:02 AM

Remember, The AE you played against last year was hurt and couldn't run. We didn't have a healthy RB last year either. We will be without Coco, but for the most part we will be healthy this year.xnodx

Pitbull
November 25th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Remember, The AE you played against last year was hurt and couldn't run. We didn't have a healthy RB last year either. We will be without Coco, but for the most part we will be healthy this year.xnodx

True...
Our Thunder RB had a knee injury but he still played.......plus we had a few other dings but you know that's apart of the game......I would rather play you all at 100% ...but sometimes you have to take what you can get....xnodxxnodx

ASUG8
November 25th, 2009, 07:18 PM
SCSUBULLDOG1: Come on now. You guys wouldn't kick to Vann. You did, but it was that squib kick (which was smart). No other kicker we faced could kick it like that. He "went straight down hill" because no one would kick to him. For the most part he was not kicked to after the second game of the season (before we played State). And.....a few weeks ago(after State) Morgan St or NC A&T decided to kick to him and he ran one back. Just wanted to set the record straight. But right now I'm a Bulldog Fan. I think the bulldog Defense will put alot of pressure on AE and i'm not sure if App State Defense will be able to contain Malcom Long and Company.

Long is a big boy (the biggest QB I've ever seen) but the ASU D has seen him before. I'm more worried about Ford than Long.

ASUG8
November 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM
True...
Our Thunder RB had a knee injury but he still played.......plus we had a few other dings but you know that's apart of the game......I would rather play you all at 100% ...but sometimes you have to take what you can get....xnodxxnodx

This late in the season you're lucky if you're playing with 80% of the team you started with. That's probably the case with ASU right now, but we're peaking with what we have left.

AppStateold299
November 25th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I'm just hoping that the Armanti injury isn't that severe. I know they are playing it down, but that is the case with Armanti. They always try to down play his injuries. If he is at the top of his game it brings our team to a different level of competition. I am hoping he is at least 90% of Superman status.

SCSUBULLDOG1
November 25th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Ok maybe I meant slow him down when I said we will take AE out of the game. I to know how good he is and have alot of respect for him and his ability.

Hey man we squib kicked it to vann at first but when we started realy kicking it to him they could not make any holes for him and we quit squibing and played it regular.

ASU_MBA
November 26th, 2009, 12:11 AM

I think some ASU fans learned how to sand-bag from the best after that home game in Sept. xsmiley_wix

DX Man
November 26th, 2009, 02:33 AM
And Elon's destiny was to win the SoCon Championship this year.

NOTxlolxxrotatehxxlolxxrotatehxxlolxxrotatehx

jedmis10
November 26th, 2009, 07:21 AM

Best wishes trying to take superman out of the game plan.

JohnStOnge
November 26th, 2009, 07:33 AM

Good GRIEF. I hope the MEAC isn't THAT absurd.

SpidersSportsEditor
November 26th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Best wishes trying to take superman out of the game plan.

He has been stopped before. xsmiley_wix

HighRyder08
November 26th, 2009, 09:11 AM

if you are referencing last years richmond game then remember he was severely injured and could barely pass/run the ball. not saying you didnt deserve to win-- just saying ae wasnt healthy by any means

WestCoastAggie
November 26th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Good GRIEF. I hope the MEAC isn't THAT absurd.

Yes, yes THEY (Dennis Thomas and his flunkies) xnonono2x

AshevilleApp
November 26th, 2009, 09:12 AM

Maybe he was just being nice after the 07 game.......I mean he is a pretty nice guy!

proasu89
November 26th, 2009, 09:12 AM

Yes he has. He also had an awkward moment once just to see what it was like. Stay thirsty my friends:D

phillyAPP
November 26th, 2009, 09:15 AM

he was hurt, you moron..... beat elon...we will try to beat scsu.... and then ALL of the APP fans Richmond can handle will watch AE , be AE in RICHMOND.....Lets get on with these playoffs........i see some great games coming soon..... beware of a pissed off MOUNTAINEER football player !! We love big games !!!!

But becuase the Spiders are still national Champs, i will say with respect, i hope we end up in Richmond next weekend. May the best team win the championship!

Sports editor ???? You should know better than to taunt AE.

SpidersSportsEditor
November 26th, 2009, 09:17 AM
if you are referencing last years richmond game then remember he was severely injured and could barely pass/run the ball. not saying you didnt deserve to win-- just saying ae wasnt healthy by any means

Yea, he definitely wasn't himself, and he did singlehandedly beat us in the '07 game. But, with the weak performance last year, I would be a little worried if I were App seeing as he isn't 100% this year either (to be honest, I don't really know his health status other than what I have read on here). If he's healthy, he won't be stopped, if he's not, he's just another quarterback.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 26th, 2009, 09:19 AM

Yup.

You've held him to 800 yards of total offense in 2 games.

phillyAPP
November 26th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Yea, he definitely wasn't himself, and he did singlehandedly beat us in the '07 game. But, with the weak performance last year, I would be a little worried if I were App seeing as he isn't 100% this year either (to be honest, I don't really know his health status other than what I have read on here). If he's healthy, he won't be stopped, if he's not, he's just another quarterback.

You need to keep reading on AE..... You only know a small part of his resume or lifes story.... by the way he is graduating in Dec in 3 1/2 years, on the deans list...I love all this AE chatter......... He will be hungry this playoff year!

sports editor ??? of what ???

AppStateold299
November 26th, 2009, 09:22 AM
He is never just another quarterback. Even hurt he has a way of changing the game. He is an amazing player that I have had the pleasure of watching for the last four years. I know that I am biased, but I have never seen another athlete do the things he is capable of doing on the field. I hope he is healthy and we get the chance of meeting next weekend. Although that would be fun we both need to take care of a little business before looking towards next weekend. Neither of us need to look past our games this weekend. They are in the playoffs for a reason and we need to stay focused. However, it is going to be fun if we both win. I would love to repay the favor from last year. Coming into our house and beating us. Can't wait if it happens.

SpidersSportsEditor
November 26th, 2009, 09:29 AM
You need to keep reading on AE..... You only know a small part of his resume or lifes story.... by the way he is graduating in Dec in 3 1/2 years, on the deans list...I love all this AE chatter......... He will be hungry this playoff year!

sports editor ??? of what ???

Haha, sorry, I'm not going to read his life story. I did know he was graduating in 3 and 1/2 years, that's impressive and good for him. I also don't expect to him ever have a game like the one he had last year against Richmond. That being said, I'm not going to crown him because he isn't my quarterback. If I was an App fan, I'm sure I'd be saying exactly what you are. If you guys get through SCSU and we take care of Elon, I'll be very excited to see him play in person again.

And, just because you asked, editor of the Richmond student newspaper. And I have a vote for Payton, and I voted for AE. Y'all should have noticed the wink at the end of my first post and realized it was kind of a joke.

Skjellyfetti
November 26th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Maybe Richmond fans will start an Eric Ward vs. Armanti Edwards debate like we had with Elon fans and Riddle.

phillyAPP
November 26th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Haha, sorry, I'm not going to read his life story. I did know he was graduating in 3 and 1/2 years, that's impressive and good for him. I also don't expect to him ever have a game like the one he had last year against Richmond. That being said, I'm not going to crown him because he isn't my quarterback. If I was an App fan, I'm sure I'd be saying exactly what you are. If you guys get through SCSU and we take care of Elon, I'll be very excited to see him play in person again.

And, just because you asked, editor of the Richmond student newspaper. And I have a vote for Payton, and I voted for AE. Y'all should have noticed the wink at the end of my first post and realized it was kind of a joke.

All in fun and great games. I saw the wink but needed to see your true colors. Like I said, Richmond Spiders are the CHAMPS until they lose and I hope i'm in Richmond to watch it. If not, Go ahead and win the NC again. The Spiders did it with class and real football skills.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I know someone who is close to the ASU program, he says Armanti will be OK this week. Just clearing that up

proasu89
November 26th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I know someone who is close to the ASU program, he says Armanti will be OK this week. Just clearing that up

xshhhx We told you not to tell:p

phillyAPP
November 26th, 2009, 10:15 AM
xshhhx We told you not to tell:p

I heard he ran over his foot with a lawn mower ??????

And our Defense stinks ??????

And someone wanted to fired the DC?????

And there is NO WAY APP could win 9 in a row ?????

And that AE will not play today????

That should keep them busy for a while !!! lmao

AtlantaMountaineer
November 26th, 2009, 11:46 AM
And Elon's destiny was to win the SoCon Championship this year.

jedmis10
November 26th, 2009, 06:14 PM

You think you want him to run.

jedmis10
November 26th, 2009, 06:18 PM

Just prayin for another shot at the Spiders!xsmiley_wix

jedmis10
November 26th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Yup.

You've held him to 800 yards of total offense in 2 games.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!! YOU TELL EM OLD GUY!

elon77
November 26th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Just prayin for another shot at the Spiders!xsmiley_wix

We are prayin for the same, but not with Spiders.:)

ncguitarplyr
November 26th, 2009, 06:27 PM
AKA worst game of the week

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=tailgate/091126&sportCat=ncf

Mountaineer#96
November 26th, 2009, 06:29 PM

I think he might have been giving FCS props if you read his comment.........

Worst Game of the Week
South Carolina State at Appalachian State -- Saturday, noon ET on ESPNU

An FCS playoff game. How ridiculous. Real sports solve it off the field with computers.

R.A.
November 26th, 2009, 06:30 PM

An FCS playoff game. How ridiculous. Real sports solve it off the field with computers.

Is he serious, or is this sarcasm?

Edge316007
November 26th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Is he serious, or is this sarcasim?

Is THIS serious? It's clearly sarcasm.

R.A.
November 26th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Is THIS serious? It's clearly sarcasm.

Hey, some people actually like the BCS.

ncguitarplyr
November 26th, 2009, 07:19 PM
personally (and I'm apparently the only one who thinks this) is that he's sarcastically making fun of the BCS system while also saying (literally) that no one gives a crap about the FCS playoffs

he always picks a worst game of the week and always makes fun of those teams

but again, everyone else thinks that picking us as the worst game this week was entirely just a sarcastic jab at the BCS and they could be right but thats not how I took it

AppStateold299
November 26th, 2009, 08:26 PM
He is clearly being sarcastic about the playoff system. Although, since we are the only playoff game on television he had to pick the SCSU vs. ASU game. The only thing that is ridiculous is that this is the only PLAYOFF game on television this weekend. Eight awesome games that decide the championship the way it should be and only one game on television. This is a slap in the face of the BCS, but it is also a slap in the FCS as well.

DX Man
November 27th, 2009, 04:09 AM
I saw it as sarcasm also. He probably only used ASU as an example because we are the most widely known FCS program on a the national level.

MarchingMountaineer
November 27th, 2009, 04:46 AM
This is in the fine print at the bottom of the page:

DJ Gallo is the founder of and sole writer for the sports satire site SportsPickle.com.

AppStateold299
November 27th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I am just hoping that AE isn't entering the post season injured again. I know he is one player, but he is the spark plug to our team. If he is hurt it hinders our entire team. The spark and drive is a little lower throughout the team. I am hoping for a repeat of last year...at least in this game. I hope our players aren't looking past this game and thinking about revenge against Richmond. SCSU is a good team and if they are looking past them we won't even get the chance to repay the favor to Richmond. Good luck to both teams, but I hope we come out on top again. The Rock will be a little down because of Thanksgiving. There will still be a lot of faithful up there. I wish I could be there to enjoy the wonderful atmosphere. To those of you going...Make it Loud!

Aho_Old_Guy
November 27th, 2009, 08:32 AM
For the Bulldog fans heading up on the mountain:

Hwy 321 south of Blowing Rock is much better than last year (but that's not saying much, huh?).

They have established 'passing zones' through parts of the construction area. Please resist the urge to accelerate beyond the speed limit when passing those slow-moving hillbilly vehicles ....

Or you may receive holiday greetings from the NC Highway Patrol.

Mountaineer#96
November 27th, 2009, 09:19 AM
For the Bulldog fans heading up on the mountain:

Hwy 321 south of Blowing Rock is much better than last year (but that's not saying much, huh?).

They have established 'passing zones' through parts of the construction area. Please resist the urge to accelerate beyond the speed limit when passing those slow-moving hillbilly vehicles ....

Or you may receive holiday greetings from the NC Highway Patrol.

Don't piss off people with gun racks in the window...............if you have to ask why, I can't help you........

AppStateold299
November 27th, 2009, 09:52 AM
If you want to find a great atmosphere for a bar go to Murphy's on King Street. They have the best beer prices and great food. Just don't think about cleanliness while you eat. Think about how the food tastes. I hope everyone that is going has a wonderful time and enjoys one of the most beautiful venues in college football. It is great to be a MOUNTAINEER!

AshevilleApp
November 27th, 2009, 12:12 PM
If you want to find a great atmosphere for a bar go to Murphy's on King Street. They have the best beer prices and great food. Just don't think about cleanliness while you eat. Think about how the food tastes. I hope everyone that is going has a wonderful time and enjoys one of the most beautiful venues in college football. It is great to be a MOUNTAINEER!

Is it still a smoking bar? if so you might want to bring a gas-mask....

R.A.
November 27th, 2009, 12:25 PM
This is in the fine print at the bottom of the page:

DJ Gallo is the founder of and sole writer for the sports satire site SportsPickle.com.

Okay, cool.

R.A.
November 27th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Don't piss of people with gun racks in the window...............if you have to ask why, I can't help you........

Lol... Bulldog Fans ARE from South Carolina. I think they know a lil about buckshots and the rest, lol.

Edge316007
November 27th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Is it still a smoking bar? if so you might want to bring a gas-mask....

Yeah...and it gets pretty smoky sometimes.

biggie
November 27th, 2009, 02:23 PM
That will change in January though.

Temps look moderate for tomorrow now, cold early start but close to 50 by kickoff.

ronpayne
November 27th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Headline news: In just 24 hours, we will be either drowning our sorrows, or toasting our victory!

GO APPS!!!!

3E9App
November 27th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Headline news: In just 24 hours, we will be either drowning our sorrows, or toasting our victory!

GO APPS!!!!

Just one thing to add to that.

APP!

phillyAPP
November 27th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Just one thing to add to that.

APP!

And just one more thing to add to your APP:

STATE

AppAlum2003
November 27th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I love that chant.

And I love that before the game, when the players are sitting in the locker room, they can hear us screaming it back and forth.

AppStateold299
November 27th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Yes, Murphy's is a smoking bar and yes, it is a hole in the wall. It is also one of those college bars that is a rarity. It is a wonderful atmosphere that is hard to match. Play some shuffle board and drink some cheap beer. You will have a great time and the food is great.

KiddBrewer
November 27th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Yes, Murphy's is a smoking bar and yes, it is a hole in the wall. It is also one of those college bars that is a rarity. It is a wonderful atmosphere that is hard to match. Play some shuffle board and drink some cheap beer. You will have a great time and the food is great.

ive eaten there the last 2 weekends ive been up in boone. never drank there, only meals on sundays for football and hangover/recovery. awesome place. never went there when i was in school up there, for some reason?

KiddBrewer
November 27th, 2009, 08:22 PM
hey, where is everybody gonna be tomorrow. id like to meet up with some AGS members since ill probably be rollin alone tomorrow. let me know!

proasu89
November 28th, 2009, 08:04 AM
hey, where is everybody gonna be tomorrow. id like to meet up with some AGS members since ill probably be rollin alone tomorrow. let me know!

East Side, Sec. 111 Row N, 24& 25. And no I'm not taking up both seatsxlolx

AllForAppState
November 28th, 2009, 08:41 AM

My couch, Winston-Salem, watching the game on ESPNU in HD...LOL!

Go Apps!!! Today is the first step on the road to four that was derailed last year...I would love to see Richmond again in the next round!

Esko
November 28th, 2009, 09:35 AM
its killing me being at work today with kickoff 1.5 hours away. Even worse that we dont get ESPNU and its not showing up on ChannelSurfing. Hoping it gets added.....

appirishmen
November 28th, 2009, 09:48 AM
lets go get em boys!!!!!!!

Esko
November 28th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Looks like the game was just added to ChannelSurfing for those that can't be there or can't get ESPNU for whatever reason.

http://channelsurfing.net/watch-ncaa-football-3.html

65 Pard
November 28th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Appy wins this one....not even close

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 28th, 2009, 11:04 AM
It took less then 30 seconds for ESPN to mention the Michigan game

OL FU
November 28th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Looks like the game was just added to ChannelSurfing for those that can't be there or can't get ESPNU for whatever reason.

http://channelsurfing.net/watch-ncaa-football-3.html

Thanksxthumbsupx

Dblue
November 28th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Appy wins this one....not even close
I wouldn't be so sure. SCST, good team and good coach. 2 things that help a lot.

grizchamp
November 28th, 2009, 11:14 AM
It took less then 30 seconds for ESPN to mention the Michigan game

It took less than 30 seconds for a FCS fan to complain about the ESPN announcers.

OL FU
November 28th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I wouldn't be so sure. SCST, good team and good coach. 2 things that help a lot.

3-0 SC State. The question is can the Bulldogs stop ASU. This one could have lots of points. xnodx

AppChicago
November 28th, 2009, 11:17 AM
3-0 SC State. The question is can the Bulldogs stop ASU. This one coul have lots of points. xnodx

My thoughts, exactly.

Dblue
November 28th, 2009, 11:19 AM
It took less than 30 seconds for a FCS fan to complain about the ESPN announcers.
I'm not sure who the announcers are but the color guy sounds like John Ritchie.
He's actually pretty good but may be a little CAA biased later in the playoffs.

AppChicago
November 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Alright, guys. Let's watch these penalties...

catatac
November 28th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Thanksxthumbsupx

Any tips on getting the vid to stop jumping around? Thought I had adequate connection speed, maybe not.

89Hen
November 28th, 2009, 11:23 AM
You can't be serious. Jon Ritchie is a moron. xsmhx

grizchamp

THats who it is. Not sure about the other guy

asknoquarter21
Terrible call

AppChicago
November 28th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Bad whistle, refs!

OL FU
Any tips on getting the vid to stop jumping around? Thought I had adequate connection speed, maybe not.

No, ,mine is jumping too. Tough to see whether passes are caught or not:( But I don't have ESPNU so it beats watching gametrackerxthumbsupx

SuperJon
As an outside fan of the two teams, the coverage so far has been good. The HD looks great. They announcers seem somewhat knowledgeable about what's going on.

Dblue
November 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
You can't be serious. Jon Ritchie is a moron. xsmhx

We disagree, oh wellxrolleyesx

CamelCityAppFan
November 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I have no beef with the announcers so far. They are focusing their comments on FCS football, and aren't talking BCS bs at all. They also seem to have spent some time researching both teams.

OL FU
November 28th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Edwards is completing passes but the Bulldogs are all over the receivers. Still gaining yards but not big ones.

I hope Furman's coaches are watching:o

AppChicago
November 28th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Jesus. Turnover. SC State ball on an App fumble.

GSUISBACK
November 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
GO SCSU :-)

AppChicago
November 28th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Aaaaaaaand it goes right back to App. Interception.

AppChicago
November 28th, 2009, 11:35 AM
End of 1st.

SCSU on top, but App State is knocking at the door for 6...

dgreco
November 28th, 2009, 11:44 AM
good defense by SC State near the end zone.

appstate1998
November 28th, 2009, 11:51 AM
INTERCEPTION LEGREE

mistersykes
November 28th, 2009, 11:51 AM
LEGREE PICK! Amazing!

appstate1998
November 28th, 2009, 11:52 AM
interception right back

CamelCityAppFan
interception Armanti

mistersykes
Noooo...Armanti throws it right back? Weird play.

appstate1998
November 28th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Armanti doesn't seem to want to run it

OL FU
November 28th, 2009, 11:53 AM
OK on second thought, maybe it will be a low scoring gamexlolx

CamelCityAppFan
November 28th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Armanti doesn't seem to want to run it

yeah I noticed that too. knee not 100%?

mistersykes
Who thought that this game would be all about the D?

appstate1998
not sure but he seems really hesitant to tuck it and run

appstate1998
November 28th, 2009, 12:03 PM
armanti is taking a lot of hits...where is our line at

asknoquarter21
November 28th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Armanti isn't healthy, the explosiveness isn't there

mistersykes
November 28th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Armanti's first run of the day goes for a first down...good to see.

appstate1998
November 28th, 2009, 12:10 PM
TOUCHDOWN

CamelCityAppFan
TOUCHDOWN!

mistersykes
TD! armanti to quick! 10-3 ASU

asknoquarter21
Great catch, 10-3 ASU

siuham
November 28th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Good foot awareness by Quick. He damn near had the first one in the corner in and that would have been a circus move. That one was well done.

CamelCityAppFan
November 28th, 2009, 12:12 PM
The SC State D seems to know that AE isn't much of a running threat today, and they're taking advantage of that. App's offense isn't quite the same when that qb run threat isn't there.

DX Man
November 28th, 2009, 12:13 PM
YES! An injured Armanti is better than NO Armanti!

appstate1998
November 28th, 2009, 12:13 PM
The SC State D seems to know that AE isn't much of a running threat today, and they're taking advantage of that. App's offense isn't quite the same when that qb run threat isn't there.

Not often you see Armanti dive to the ground either.....

CamelCityAppFan
November 28th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Would love to get the ball back and score again before the half.

appstate1998
November 28th, 2009, 12:18 PM
GAINEY INT

siuham
November 28th, 2009, 12:18 PM
That wasn't even close. Wow.

appstate1998
November 28th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I'd say let one out to Quick on first

mistersykes
Wow. Same thing that happened at Elon! 3 picks!

DX Man
Go Apps! Lets get another TD before the half!!!!!

ButlerGSU
Welldadgum, South Carolina State is about as interception prone as any team I've seen.

CamelCityAppFan
Would love to get the ball back and score again before the half.

and there it is! Interception Gainey!

now to score...

profisme
The SC State QB is pretty awful throwing today. This is the first I have seen them play. It seems he can make plays with his legs, but those three interceptions have been pretty awful throws.

appstate1998
pick 6

mistersykes
November 28th, 2009, 12:20 PM
What is going on?

DX Man
Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

siuham
Woops.

CamelCityAppFan
well cr@p

AppChicago
November 28th, 2009, 12:21 PM
HOLY CRAP! NO unanswered turnovers...

This is madness.

OL FU
November 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
SC State throws an interception. I get up to go to the bathroom and SC State scores on an interception.

CamelCityAppFan
November 28th, 2009, 12:23 PM
stop going to the bathroom!

ButlerGSU
November 28th, 2009, 12:24 PM
SC State throws an interception. I get up to go to the bathroom and SC State scores on an interception.

Happened to me too

appstate1998
redemption before the half would be nice...nice return by radford

ButlerGSU
Terrible kick...even with the penalty

OL FU
What happened did they get called for two celebration penaltiesxconfusedx

DX Man
November 28th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Great return!!! Good field position! Should be able to get points out of this and go into the half with the lead.

siuham
What happened did they get called for two celebration penaltiesxconfusedx

Blowdryer near me > TV sound, no clue what happened.

appstate1998
wow Moore...put some glue on those hands

ButlerGSU
November 28th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Check that, apparently he was down. Wow, crazy 5 minutes in this game.

appstate1998
2 fumbles in a row

AppChicago
You have GOT to be kidding me with these turnovers....

ETA: Wait... Guess not.

mistersykes
Unbelievable game...

AppStateSVX
ok........who went to the bathroom

Aho_Old_Guy
November 28th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the Stink Bowl!

appstate1998
hate to say it...that was a fumble

DX Man
What a break!

ButlerGSU
If FCS had replay SC State would have the ball...wow.

mistersykes
Wait, that wasn't ruled a fumble?

siuham
November 28th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Rough call. Gotta hope this doesn't break the game.

AppChicago
Looks like we just got the benefit of a bad call. I hate when that happens.

ItsyBitsySpider
save some of these turnovers for next week.

mistersykes
November 28th, 2009, 12:30 PM
13-10 ASU. What a crazy crazy game.

CamelCityAppFan
wow, what a weird half

DX Man
At least we have the lead at the half!

AppStateSVX
November 28th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Looks like we just got the benefit of a bad call. I hate when that happens.

i'd rather have the benefit than the other way around

appstate1998
November 28th, 2009, 12:32 PM
maybe they were making up for the whistle earlier on the free play

AppChicago
November 28th, 2009, 12:34 PM
i'd rather have the benefit than the other way around

True. It's still cold comfort. I hope we win by >3.

ETA: Hell, I just hope we win.

SuperJon
November 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM
maybe they were making up for the whistle earlier on the free play

That was the right call. They made the call because the nose tackle for SC State came through the offensive line which means the foul was encroachment, not offsides. If it was an offsides call, the play would've been able to keep going. Encroachment is different.

GreatAppSt
November 28th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Non mobile AE = INT's

SDSUJacks
November 28th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Wow, 6 turnovers combined by SCSU and App. That's unusual.