PDA

View Full Version : Equal votes in regions would be true ranking

MightyMightyGriz
November 22nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
It is obvious that more votes are out east and south and therefore southern illinois and villianovia are on top. equal the voting system and the GRIZ would be on top #1 right where they should be. #3 undeafeted come on. Richmond deserves to be right where there at. Griz will be in Chatanooga again this year except plane trip back home will be as champions.

93henfan
November 22nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
Did you purposely try to fit in as many grammatical errors as you could in that post?

Regardless, I hear your point and disagree. I feel that the resumes of SIU, Villanova, and Richmond are all stronger than Montana, and I would give those four teams the seeds in that order.

I'm not sure why all the Griz fans feel so miffed at not being #1. This subdivision has a playoff and you'll be at home for at least the first two rounds (and likely the semis).

All you have to do is win four games and then you get the spoils.

ToTheLeft
November 22nd, 2009, 11:24 AM
If by "equal" you mean "proportionate", then yes.

ECB is real because there are more teams here. There are no quotas or affirimative action in football based on minorities.

And there are plenty of Griz fans out there who blindly rank them high to make up for me having them sixth. xthumbsupx

JayJ79
November 22nd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Southern Illinois is in neither the east, nor the south.
They're on the western edge of the Central region.

sluki86
November 22nd, 2009, 11:26 AM
Wow. I am pretty new to this site, but I am quickly learning that the Griz fans are a bunch of whiners. xbawlingx I know you guys are pissed, but do you have to have 5 threads every week complaining? Obviously, it's not helping your cause. Give it a rest and just keep winning on the field.

Squealofthepig
November 22nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Regardless, I hear your point and disagree. I feel that the resumes of SIU, Villanova, and Richmond are all stronger than Montana, and I would give those four teams the seeds in that order.

Agree on SIU, can argue either way on Nova and Richmond. The last two are debatable, of course, and intelligent minds can differ. I imagine Montana will be a #2 or #3 seed, and think there's a chance at being #4, and no chance at being #1.

I'm not sure why all the Griz fans feel so miffed at not being #1. This subdivision has a playoff and you'll be at home for at least the first two rounds (and likely the semis).

I strongly disagree on "all" - think most Griz posters on here in fact understand why we're not #1. Where we call east coast bias is when we continue to win games and lose ground/points to other teams.

All you have to do is win four games and then you get the spoils.

This. :) It's why we love FCS. xthumbsupx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 22nd, 2009, 11:30 AM
Wow. I am pretty new to this site, but I am quickly learning that the Griz fans are a bunch of whiners. xbawlingx I know you guys are pissed, but do you have to have 5 threads every week complaining? Obviously, it's not helping your cause. Give it a rest and just keep winning on the field.

Not all and you need to look at the sources. xpeacex

nevadagriz
November 22nd, 2009, 11:30 AM
Yeah Griz fans are whiny this morning. And yes you must be new to this board or you would see The CAA bias on this board. It is ok the saluki fnas may be a lil pissy after the selection showxnodx

Grrrrriz
November 22nd, 2009, 11:35 AM
It is obvious that more votes are out east and south and therefore southern illinois and villianovia are on top. equal the voting system and the GRIZ would be on top #1 right where they should be. #3 undeafeted come on. Richmond deserves to be right where there at. Griz will be in Chatanooga again this year except plane trip back home will be as champions.

This guy is in the minority, and doesn't speak for most logical, level headed Griz fans. Southern Illinois should be number 1 and they are....Everyone knows who the Griz are, so I don't think the bias is as bad as a lot of people like to think.

fltheadgriz
November 22nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Nope not whiny here and I am a Griz fan.
Except for that Coumbian post that had me wondering if I woke up correctly this morning.
I would love to see the Griz get a #2 seed but am happy with a #4.
I just don't want to see Weber or EWU in the same bracket as us like last year.
Want to play other teams that we normally never would meet instead of the conference ones. That is all. Nothing whiny about that.
Am looking forward to the selections.

sluki86
November 22nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Yeah Griz fans are whiny this morning. And yes you must be new to this board or you would see The CAA bias on this board. It is ok the saluki fnas may be a lil pissy after the selection showxnodx

I fully expect to be pissy!! I'm feeling a 3 seed. :(

93henfan
November 22nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
I fully expect to be pissy!! I'm feeling a 3 seed. :(

If you guys aren't #1, it's a travesty.

sluki86
November 22nd, 2009, 11:54 AM

My predictions:
#1: 20%
#2: 40%
#3: 40%

MightyMightyGriz
November 22nd, 2009, 11:54 AM
Very good points this morning except the minority response. Just saying a win loss record should be a huge deciding factor instead of more votes in one region than the another. Frustration with league workings could be considered in someones OPINION as whinning. GO GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2009, 11:59 AM
lets just limit voting to Griz fans... then we will always get what they feel is their birthright, the #1 ranking even if they suck.

UNHWildCats
November 22nd, 2009, 12:01 PM

ehhh. I think Villanova is the #1 team. If not for that wind game at UNH they very well could be 11-0.

Villanova has beaten two top 10 teams and barely lost to another.

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2009, 01:05 PM
If you guys aren't #1, it's a travesty.Why? Their resume is now looking worse than Montana's. xcoffeex

Poker Alan
November 22nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
If by "equal" you mean "proportionate", then yes.

ECB is real because there are more teams here. There are no quotas or affirimative action in football based on minorities.

And there are plenty of Griz fans out there who blindly rank them high to make up for me having them sixth. xthumbsupx

You really can justify 6th?

FCS Go!
November 22nd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Everyone should just chill out and wait for the selection show. In the past the committee has done crazier stuff than seed the Griz #1. I think the Griz will get #2 at worst.

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2009, 01:23 PM
What I think it will be:

1. SIU
2. Nova
3. Montana
4. Richmond

What I think it should be:

1. Nova
2. Montana
3. Richmond
4. SIU

I know I'll piss off some SIU fans, but UNI's loss yesterday did more damage than just to their playoff hopes.

89Hen
November 23rd, 2009, 08:01 PM
Wow. I am pretty new to this site, but I am quickly learning that the Griz fans are a bunch of whiners. xbawlingx
In all fairness, they are coming out of the woodwork this week. The ones that are here year round are all good eggs. xpeacex

skinny_uncle
November 23rd, 2009, 08:43 PM
What I think it will be:

1. SIU
2. Nova
3. Montana
4. Richmond

What I think it should be:

1. Nova
2. Montana
3. Richmond
4. SIU

I know I'll piss off some SIU fans, but UNI's loss yesterday did more damage than just to their playoff hopes.
Why should the salukis be penalized because the Panthers melted down after we beat them in their precious Dome?

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 23rd, 2009, 08:48 PM
In all fairness, they are coming out of the woodwork this week. The ones that are here year round are all good eggs. xpeacex

ECB!!! xthumbsdownx :D

It seems like it's always this way this time of year, not just Griz fans, but any fan's team that has made the playoffs. It's all part of the fun. xpeacex

89Hen
November 23rd, 2009, 09:00 PM
It seems like it's always this way this time of year, not just Griz fans, but any fan's team that has made the playoffs. It's all part of the fun. xpeacex
xnodx xnodx

uofmman1122
November 23rd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Why should the salukis be penalized because the Panthers melted down after we beat them in their precious Dome?Sure, that win looked phenomenal when the Panthers were #2 (I had them at #1 in my ballot), but as the season went on, they showed they were really just overrated based on the Iowa game.

So, basically I broke it down whilst picking my teams this week, and it occurred to me that SIU could really only hang their hat on the SDSU win. You guys basically lost all of your arguments to be seeded over Nova and Montana when UNI lost, IMO, and apparently the committee agreed with me.