PDA

View Full Version : ASU receiver

GGASU
December 20th, 2005, 10:59 PM
ASU just got a commitment from the #1 guy in this article.

http://hsnorthcarolina.scout.com/2/426274.html

AppStateSVX
December 20th, 2005, 11:57 PM
ASU just got a commitment from the #1 guy in this article.

http://hsnorthcarolina.scout.com/2/426274.html

I dont' see anything about ASU on there, the #1 guy has "high commitment" to UT.........

Mountaineer
December 21st, 2005, 12:09 AM
CITIZEN-TIMES.com
Avery's Johnson commits to ASU

By Andrew Pearson
STAFF WRITER
December 20, 2005 6:00 am
ASHEVILLE The all-time leading receiver in Western North Carolina history has decided to play college football in his backyard.

Avery County's Josh Johnsonsaid Monday night that he's given an oral commitment to Division I-AA national champion Appalachian State University, choosing the Mountaineers over Vanderbilt, Eastern Kentucky, James Madison, Lenoir-Rhyne, Mars Hill and Western Carolina University.

"It's a program with a winning tradition and a great coaching staff," Johnson said. "They run an offense that I want to be in. I can see myself being able to succeed there."

Johnson made an area-best 101 receptions for 1,408 yards and 17 touchdowns his senior year, leading the Vikings (11-3) to the 1-A Western Regional semifinals. For his career, the Shrine Bowl pick hauled in 210 receptions, the most of any player in WNC history.

"I'm one of those coaches who has been accused of running that 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense," Avery coach Darrell Brewersaid. "But with Josh, you had to use a player like that. He's the kind of kid you can't replace, so we know that's not going to happen next year."

The Mountaineers (12-3) beat Northern Iowa, 21-16, Friday in Chattanooga, Tenn., for the first national title in school history.

GGASU
December 21st, 2005, 11:00 AM
CITIZEN-TIMES.com
Avery's Johnson commits to ASU

By Andrew Pearson
STAFF WRITER
December 20, 2005 6:00 am
ASHEVILLE The all-time leading receiver in Western North Carolina history has decided to play college football in his backyard.

Avery County's Josh Johnsonsaid Monday night that he's given an oral commitment to Division I-AA national champion Appalachian State University, choosing the Mountaineers over Vanderbilt, Eastern Kentucky, James Madison, Lenoir-Rhyne, Mars Hill and Western Carolina University.

"It's a program with a winning tradition and a great coaching staff," Johnson said. "They run an offense that I want to be in. I can see myself being able to succeed there."

Now that our offense has had some national exposure, we are going to have a number of quarterbacks and receivers wanting to play at ASU. This guy ran a 4.38 40 at the shrine bowl combine.

AppStateSVX
December 21st, 2005, 04:24 PM
WHOO!! that is awesome considering we are losing Zach Johnson and Jermaine Little, we need some more WRs