PDA

View Full Version : field conditions for play-off schools

whoanellie
November 22nd, 2009, 10:55 AM
a few years ago i remember that William & Mary's playing field was a mud bowl
what is the condition of their field now? was it re-done?
what is SC State's grass or turf?

kdinva
November 22nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
a few years ago i remember that William & Mary's playing field was a mud bowl
what is the condition of their field now? was it re-done?
W&M Converted to Field turf before the 2006 or '07 season, and also have lights, 12,700 seats (but parking is a mess, just like VMI). They'll get a home game for 11/28.

jlcharles
November 22nd, 2009, 11:04 AM
We have turf.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 22nd, 2009, 11:16 AM
We have natural grass and it is in very good shape. I wish we could take the surface over to campus for our new stadium next year. We will have field turf there.

tandemlax
November 22nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
We have natural grass and it is in very good shape. I wish we could take the surface over to campus for our new stadium next year. We will have field turf there.

Richmond's grass surface was in tremendous shape yesterday. Did you guys have to deal with the monsoon that he had on the peninsula earlier this week? The great thing about the new turf at zable is that it can handle any amount of precipitation, but there's something a little bit inauthentic about the spray of black rubber pellets following every tackle.

Eight Legger
November 22nd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Richmond's grass surface was in tremendous shape yesterday. Did you guys have to deal with the monsoon that he had on the peninsula earlier this week? The great thing about the new turf at zable is that it can handle any amount of precipitation, but there's something a little bit inauthentic about the spray of black rubber pellets following every tackle.

Yeah, we got about 6-7 inches of rain here last week. As I recall, our field had a new drainage system installed a few years back and it's been in great condition since then.

Hail-Hail
November 22nd, 2009, 11:51 AM
FieldTurf

93henfan
November 22nd, 2009, 11:54 AM

In fact, that grass is so good that it hosted UD-Richmond games for three consecutive years.

fltheadgriz
November 22nd, 2009, 11:56 AM
Not sure what the field is going to be like in Missoula but it is snowing in this part of Montana and is supposed to off and on all week
Right now it is around 27-30 degrees

93henfan
November 22nd, 2009, 11:57 AM
Not sure what the field is going to be like in Missoula but it is snowing in this part of Montana and is supposed to off and on all week
Right now it is around 27-30 degrees

Good football weather. xnodx

MacThor
November 22nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
The guy in charge of our field at UR stadium has done a tremendous job, and he will be in charge at Robins Stadium next year.

I remember in my playing days, we had the thin astroturf over cement.