PDA

View Full Version : For what little its worth... FURMAN RIPS WOCO

furman94
November 21st, 2009, 06:12 PM
FURMAN 58

WOFFORD 21

The score does not clearly show how much of a lead we had over the Terriers today. 21 Points in the second half were scored after the young bucks went in. Great game for Furman, despite what a disappointing run (in FU terms) we have had this year. Wofford looked depleted, and with four fumbles, the day couldn't have gotten much better. Furman faithful underperformed as usual, attendance was 9,435.

Total Yards:
FU - 469
WC- 286

Sorrells completed the game 25 for 36 with 5 TDs and 272 yards.

Not too shabby xcoolx

Maybe some of this will carry over into the off season. I am not Bobby's biggest fan, but I do think this was a well coached game. With that being said, I still think that action needs to be taken. 15 losses in 3 seasons is not acceptable. We have the potential. We need to assess every position on the staff, particularly the defensive staff. The seat of every coach should be more than hot in the next few months.

Wofford, maybe next year the injury bug will hit someone else. You guys did all you could with what you had. I feel for ya, but revenge sure tastes sweet.

With two big wins over two rivals to end the season, along with being 3rd in the conference, there isn't much to complain about (besides the fact that mediocrity has set in) Who knows. Maybe Bobby will pull a Jerry Moore. A man can hope, right? xrolleyesx

FU ALL THE TIME!

catdaddy2402
November 21st, 2009, 09:10 PM
I still think that action needs to be taken. 15 losses in 3 seasons is not acceptable. We have the potential. We need to assess every position on the staff, particularly the defensive staff. The seat of every coach should be more than hot in the next few months.

Without a doubt there needs to be some changes made. I don't think Lamb should be ran off just yet, but Furman is too good a program to have had the seasons they have had the past few years.

apaladin
November 21st, 2009, 10:02 PM
Without a doubt there needs to be some changes made. I don't think Lamb should be ran off just yet, but Furman is too good a program to have had the seasons they have had the past few years.

Yep, this one felt good. 44-0 after 3 quarters. Defense looked a lot better the last 2 games maybe due to a couple of personnel changes. FU has a LOT returning next year. It will be interesting to see who wins the starting QB job in spring practice. Candidates will include rising senior Cody Worley, rising junior Chris Forcier(UCLA transfer) and highly regarded R-Fr Josh Hollingsworth. Right now Forcier is probably the leader as he played a little this year and did show some promise.

GreatAppSt
November 21st, 2009, 10:04 PM

I'll be the first to sign a keep Bobby petition.

furpal87
November 21st, 2009, 10:21 PM
I think changes will be made defensively, and maybe special teams. The offense was very good this year only one time less than 20 against FCS.

Reign of Terrier
November 21st, 2009, 10:27 PM
That was the worst football I've ever seen us play. Not to take away from what you guys did, but our defense was so soft Byrnes High school could of hung 30 on us and or offense turned the ball over so many times (turnovers that weren't really forced) no way we could expect to crawl out of that hole. Great effort by the 'dins but I think it was more of a Wofford failure than a Furman success (pretty much a summary of this year)

furman94
November 22nd, 2009, 08:00 AM
I don't think you can say this wasn't a Furman success. Any time a team hangs almost 60 points on anyone and gets the chance to play the field of players against a cross county rival, I'd say it's a success

PaladinNation
November 22nd, 2009, 08:54 AM
No one in their right mind doesn't get Wofford's injury woes… with that said!

Furman came out full of piss and vinegar… a state of mind of the team that's been missing for years.

Say what you want about Bobby… I got the impression that the players wanted this game for Bobby and the coaches… Bobby and Coach McCray got doused with Gatoraide after the win…

It's the matchup's dummy! In the last two season's Wofford has taken advantage of Furman's linebackers, corners, and safties… gutting Furman up the middle and taking our players out on the corners. Furman's future success is going to be because of the vastly improving play from those positions.

Last night two freshmen dominated on defense. Nathan Wade (FS) and Mitch McGrath (SS) played lights out… due to their size, and athletic ability Wofford could not get to the corner. Who would have thought that All SoCon SS Max Lerner will have to fight to be a starter for his season season.