PDA

View Full Version : SFA closes the deal 19-10

JohnStOnge
November 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM
Just finished listening to the last part on line. Northwestern State played well and had two drives deep in to SFA territory late but both ended in blocked field goals. SFA wins 19-10 and gets the Southland automatic bid to get into the tourney for the first time in 20 years.

SFA 71
November 21st, 2009, 05:03 PM
SFA xthumbsupx

Pokeyboys xbawlingx

phoenixphanatic21
November 21st, 2009, 05:04 PM
Congrats to Stephen F. Austin.

msupokes1
November 21st, 2009, 05:13 PM
SFA xthumbsupx

Pokeyboys xbawlingx

Why would we be xbawlingx?

We have share of the championship with ya'll and we make the playoffs as well.

El Gato
November 21st, 2009, 05:15 PM

Exactly. Of course this is assuming that the Cowboys don't choke tonight.

JohnStOnge
November 21st, 2009, 05:22 PM

Not yet. UCA is still a really dangerous team. 5 losses but the biggest margin of defeat was 5 points at Hawaii. Best defense in the conference. So on and so forth.

As far as I'm concerned SFA is the conference champion. In fact I wish the Southland would quit that stuff of calling it a co championship in situations like this. There should only be one champion and this year SFA should be it.

msupokes1
November 21st, 2009, 05:28 PM
Not yet. UCA is still a really dangerous team. 5 losses but the biggest margin of defeat was 5 points at Hawaii. Best defense in the conference. So on and so forth.

As far as I'm concerned SFA is the conference champion. In fact I wish the Southland would quit that stuff of calling it a co championship in situations like this. There should only be one champion and this year SFA should be it.

That is a bunch of crap. They both have a loss. Why is SFA loss against Tx St any better than McNeese's loss to SFA. You cant just look at one game (the head to head) you have to look at the entire body of work.

JohnStOnge
November 21st, 2009, 05:34 PM
That is a bunch of crap. They both have a loss. Why is SFA loss against Tx St any better than McNeese's loss to SFA. You cant just look at one game (the head to head) you have to look at the entire body of work.

Well, as far as the NCAA playoffs are concerned SFA is representing the Southland as its champion. And I think most people would agree with me that when you have two teams tied in the standings the tiebreaker should be the head to head.

Anyway, McNeese needs to win tonight to pretty much ensure a playoff berth and there's no reason to believe that's a done deal. Their record isn't good but UCA is as tought as anybody McNeese has faced in the Southland.

msupokes1
November 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM
Well, as far as the NCAA playoffs are concerned SFA is representing the Southland as its champion. And I think most people would agree with me that when you have two teams tied in the standings the tiebreaker should be the head to head.

Anyway, McNeese needs to win tonight to pretty much ensure a playoff berth and there's no reason to believe that's a done deal. Their record isn't good but UCA is as tought as anybody McNeese has faced in the Southland.

I disagree. SFA is going to the playoffs because they win the tie breaker. With out a championship game the system is correct in granting them co-champions.

JohnStOnge
November 21st, 2009, 05:38 PM
I disagree. SFA is going to the playoffs because they win the tie breaker. With out a championship game the system is correct in granting them co-champions.

That's all counting chickens before they hatch anyway. McNeese still has a game to play against a much tougher opponent than SFA played against today.

Native
November 21st, 2009, 05:41 PM
Congrats to Stephen F Austin! xthumbsupx

W. DeMontague
November 21st, 2009, 05:42 PM
http://pbrown16.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/caddo.gif

JohnStOnge
One thing that's good about all this is that at least the team that earned the automatic bid is going. The Southland needs an playoff win and last year the team that was clearly the best to represent the league was inelligible. This year a real league champion will go. Hopefully McNeese will go too and also be a good representative. It'll still be tough to actually do something in the playoffs but the chances should be better than last year.

Hood
Congrats to the Jacks. Maybe McNeese can win so we can have 2 SLC teams in the tournament.

Ivytalk
November 21st, 2009, 06:57 PM
Congrats SFA! A win is a win.xnodx

JoshUCA
November 21st, 2009, 06:58 PM
Congrats SFA!

NSUDemon98
November 21st, 2009, 09:01 PM
Just finished listening to the last part on line. Northwestern State played well and had two drives deep in to SFA territory late but both ended in blocked field goals. SFA wins 19-10 and gets the Southland automatic bid to get into the tourney for the first time in 20 years.

Went to the game. It was cold and rainy but I am glad I went to the game. Both teams played hard...obviously SFA was the better team, we all knew that going into the game...but it was a good game to watch. Disappointed that the Demons lost and like every Demon fan disappointed in the season[even though some pathetic people couldn't be happier] but those boys never quit today. Even at 0-10 and staring 0-11 in the face they played hard and had a couple of chances to win the game...but this was just a part of a larger body of work and the way this year has played out it wouldn't have been the 2009 season had we actually won today. Congrats to SFA on a good game and a good win.

BEAR
November 21st, 2009, 09:40 PM
Congrats SFA!

McNeese75
November 21st, 2009, 11:00 PM
SFA xthumbsupx

Pokeyboys xbawlingx

xrolleyesx Still playing the ass card I see xcoffeex

SFA 71
November 21st, 2009, 11:18 PM
xrolleyesx Still playing the ass card I see xcoffeex

I don't see your picture anywhere, so I guess not.:p

Dallas Demon
November 22nd, 2009, 12:51 AM
Went to the game. It was cold and rainy but I am glad I went to the game. Both teams played hard...obviously SFA was the better team, we all knew that going into the game...but it was a good game to watch. Disappointed that the Demons lost and like every Demon fan disappointed in the season[even though some pathetic people couldn't be happier] but those boys never quit today. Even at 0-10 and staring 0-11 in the face they played hard and had a couple of chances to win the game...but this was just a part of a larger body of work and the way this year has played out it wouldn't have been the 2009 season had we actually won today. Congrats to SFA on a good game and a good win.

I agree, this was a really good game. Congrats SFA on an excellent season, now represent the SLC well in the playoffs.