Villanova
Richmond
William & Mary
New Hampshire
Southern Illinois
Appalachian State
Holy Cross
South Dakota State
Weber State (Assuming they maintain huge lead)
McNeese State
Stephen F. Austin
South Carolina State
Eastern Illinois

Still alive:

Eastern Washington, Northern Iowa, Elon, Montana State

Eastern Washington needs to win and they are in, lose and they are out.

Northern Iowa & Montana State these two go together for now. Assuming Montana holds on these two could be alive for the final spot if Elon loses (only up 3-0 near halftime). Should Elon lose the final spot comes down to UNI, MSU and Elon. If EWU also loses another spot opens up.

Gone:
Liberty
Eastern Kentucky

Never Had A Chance Today:
Florida A&M
Central Connecticut State
Albany
Colgate
Lafayette
Butler
Dayton
Marist
Old Dominion

gbhmt
November 21st, 2009, 03:24 PM
I never would have predicted three BSC teams but it looks like it's going to happen.

Panthers_Blue
November 21st, 2009, 03:26 PM
Count Eastern Illinois In!!!

UNHWildCats
November 21st, 2009, 03:27 PM
just updated it.

El Gato
It's just half time now, but if SFA doesn't fix things then their playoff hopes are out the window. They are currently tied 10-10 with the 0-9 NWST Demons.

Pitz
If the current scores hold in the Montana and Weber St games, it looks like Weber St, UNI and EWU (with a win) will be battling it out for those last two at-large spots.

UNH Fanboi
November 21st, 2009, 03:28 PM
SFA is currently tied 10-10 with an 0-10 team. You have to think such a loss would eliminate them from the playoffs. What a crazy Saturday so far.

ToTheLeft
November 21st, 2009, 03:28 PM
So, MSU and EWU lose... combined with Elon or SFA losing... will someone give me a "Liberty has a 1% chance" quotable?

gbhmt
November 21st, 2009, 03:30 PM
If the current scores hold in the Montana and Weber St games, it looks like Weber St, UNI and EWU (with a win) will be battling it out for those last two at-large spots.

I think Weber and EWU will get them. Weber has a tougher schedule than both and UNI's loss today was a bad one.

WrenFGun
These teams are in, IMO: New Hampshire, Richmond, William & Mary, Villanova, Appalachian State, Elon (win or lose), Weber State, Montana, McNeese State, SFA, Holy Cross, EIU, SIU, SDSU, SC State.

EWU is in with a win for slot 16. With a loss the world is going to collapse. I have to wonder if Colgate at 9-2 would get a sniff, but the Patriot is way done after this week. I'm not sure Liberty is completely out as a result. Probably can't completely wipe UNI off the board but they've done nothing. Montana State is in serious trouble right now.

DetroitFlyer
I like co-PFL champion Dayton. 9-2 overall, with 9 FCS wins. Butler goes to the GIC, Dayton goes to the playoffs....

gbhmt
November 21st, 2009, 03:32 PM
I like co-PFL champion Dayton. 9-2 overall, with 9 FCS wins. Butler goes to the GIC, Dayton goes to the playoffs....

Every year... xcoffeex

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2009, 03:33 PM

Good lord.

AlphaSigMD
November 21st, 2009, 03:33 PM

xlolx I'm in Dayton right now, and that just made me laugh...

UNHWildCats
November 21st, 2009, 03:34 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolx

seattlespider
November 21st, 2009, 03:36 PM
Games of note today (stolen from 4th and What), teams that won or are winning in bold.

12:00 - Maine @ UNH (UNH wins and secures a spot that wasn't really in doubt, but where do they get sent? Do they get sent anywhere?)

12:00 - W&M @ Richmond (Classic game, which UR wins. What seed do they get?)

12:30 - Lafayette @ Lehigh (Lafayette done.)

13:00 - EKU @ Jack St (EIU gets it with EKU loss. Trip to SIU?)

13:00 - Liberty @ Stony Brook (Liberty is done)

13:00 - UNI @ Illinois St (UNI hanging on by the barest of threads now)

14:00 - Cal Poly @ Weber St (Weber St in now? EWU loss cinches it, but I think they're in regardless)

14:00 - SIU @ SE Missouri St (#1 seed?)

14:05 - Montana @ Montana St - (Montana winning; MSU loss probably means they're out)

14:05 - SD State @ Western Ill - (SD State locks up a playoff spot if things hold)

15:00 - Elon @ Samford - (With bubble losses, Elon may be in even if they lose)

15:00 - SF Austin @ NW St - (Tied at halftime? xeyebrowx)

15:30 - Delaware @ Villanova - (Nova looking good, unfortunately).

15:30 - WCU @ App St - (Lackluster so far in push for seed)

17:00 - EWU @ NAU - (EWU looking good for a slot with a win)

19:00 - UCA @ McNeese - (McNeese looking good as well for a slot with a win, and now maybe either way.)

Big Al
November 21st, 2009, 03:37 PM
I think you can count UNI out after laying a 22-20 egg at Illinois State. 7-4 on the year and 4th in the MVFC. Never would have guessed that result at the start of the year!

AlphaSigMD
November 21st, 2009, 03:39 PM
No chance Elon doesn't get in now. Even with a loss, I don't see an 8-3 Elon team left out for a 7-4 Weber.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2009, 03:40 PM
UNI's only chance to get in is if EWU loses.

AlphaSigMD
November 21st, 2009, 03:42 PM
Games of note today (stolen from 4th and What), teams that won or are winning in bold.

12:00 - Maine @ UNH (UNH wins and secures a spot that wasn't really in doubt, but where do they get sent? Do they get sent anywhere?)

12:00 - W&M @ Richmond (Classic game, which UR wins. What seed do they get?)

12:30 - Lafayette @ Lehigh (Lafayette done.)

13:00 - EKU @ Jack St (EIU gets it with EKU loss. Trip to SIU?)

13:00 - Liberty @ Stony Brook (Liberty is done)

13:00 - UNI @ Illinois St (UNI hanging on by the barest of threads now)

14:00 - Cal Poly @ Weber St (Weber St in now? EWU loss cinches it, but I think they're in regardless)

14:00 - SIU @ SE Missouri St (#1 seed?)

14:05 - Montana @ Montana St - (Montana winning; MSU loss probably means they're out)

14:05 - SD State @ Western Ill - (SD State locks up a playoff spot if things hold)

15:00 - Elon @ Samford - (With bubble losses, Elon may be in even if they lose)

15:00 - SF Austin @ NW St - (Tied at halftime? xeyebrowx)

15:30 - Delaware @ Villanova - (Nova looking good, unfortunately).

15:30 - WCU @ App St - (Lackluster so far in push for seed)

17:00 - EWU @ NAU - (EWU looking good for a slot with a win)

19:00 - UCA @ McNeese - (McNeese looking good as well for a slot with a win, and now maybe either way.)

Nice. We all know Armanti isn't playing.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2009, 03:42 PM
This has definitely been a crazy year, with how many bubble teams have lost. The committee will be scraping from the bottom of the bucket if EWU happens to lose.

seattlespider
November 21st, 2009, 03:43 PM

Yep, hence my description of them hanging on by a thread. A playoff spot is EWU's to lose at this point, IMO.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2009, 03:44 PM
Yep, hence my description of them hanging on by a thread. A playoff spot is EWU's to lose at this point, IMO.

Totally. That's not opinion, it's fact. I hope Baldwin gets the news of the UNI loss and lets the team know what's up... "Take care of business today, we're going to the playoffs."

seattlespider
November 21st, 2009, 03:44 PM
Nice. We all know Armanti isn't playing.

Hey, I'm not taking anything away from ASU. It appears the seeding argument may be moot anyway, with Villanova beating up on Delaware and Montana winning.

Pitz
November 21st, 2009, 03:45 PM
If EWU and SFA lose, that 16th spot would be a crap shoot.

JackTwice
November 21st, 2009, 03:46 PM
I know EWU started off the year on probation and unable to compete in the playoffs. Can someone update me on that situation. What was the reason for the ban and what brought about it being dropped?

rcny46
November 21st, 2009, 03:46 PM

I think that is definitely the case.

seattlespider
November 21st, 2009, 03:47 PM
I know EWU started off the year on probation and unable to compete in the playoffs. Can someone update me on that situation. What was the reason for the ban and what brought about it being dropped?

I can't speak to the reason for the playoff ban, but they appealed it and the ban was overturned about 3 weeks ago or so.

JackTwice
November 21st, 2009, 03:47 PM
Based on what happened today, what is the chance SDSU winds up hosting EWU, McNeese or SFA?

JackTwice
November 21st, 2009, 03:48 PM
I can't speak to the reason for the playoff ban, but they appealed it and the ban was overturned about 3 weeks ago or so.

Wow, I thought it was longer ago than that. Talk about getting a new lease on life late in the season!

Native
November 21st, 2009, 03:50 PM

Previous coach broke some of the rules about number of coaches and other low level stuff. New coach and administration cleaned it up and made a good case to the NCAA.

UNH Fanboi
November 21st, 2009, 03:53 PM
Maybe a 6-5 JMU gets a sniff. xsmiley_wix The 7 D1 wins thing is not an absolute

Cocky
November 21st, 2009, 03:53 PM

You're welcome

Native
November 21st, 2009, 03:54 PM
Based on what happened today, what is the chance SDSU winds up hosting EWU, McNeese or SFA?

The Jackrabbits have a pretty good chance to host, considering the excellent SDSU attendance, if your administration was clever enough to submit a substantial bid. Weber's attendance is aout 8500 and EWU's is about 6500.

It's easier and cheaper to get in and out of Salt Lake than Brookings, though, and the Southland has good attendance, too.

msupokes1
November 21st, 2009, 03:55 PM

I am not to sure about EWU but if they are paired with SFA I think they will host. If they are paired with McNeese I think it will be played in Lake Charles. McNeese has traditionally bid very well.

msupokes1
November 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM
If McNeese was to lose tonight to UCA, Do you believe they will be in the playoffs at 8-3?

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM

Here it is in a nutshell.

Between 2003 and 2007, EWU's coaching staff (read Paul Wulff) allowed a couple ineligible players to practice with the team, and one or two players were given administrative duties on the sidelines or whatever (keeping track of stats I think) which counts them as coaches, so we were beyond the allowed number.

All of this minor infractions were self reported by EWU's new Athletic Administration, and as a result the NCAA took away 2 scholarships for a couple years, 1 coaching position, and the post season for this year, based upon all the minor infractions over the time period, they considered it a major infractions case.

EWU appealed the post-season ban, arguing that the infractions did not give EWU a significant playing advantage, and the committee agreed... those players that practiced with the team illegally saw little if any playing time.

If we take care of business on the field today, this will be a Cinderella season. Two-thirds of it the team played under that shadow of a ban, but kept their heads on straight and took the season one game at a time. Baldwin instilled in them from the start a focus on the next week's opponent. Now, we only have one game to focus on and take care of, and the team will advance to the playoffs, where the one game at a time season is at its most importance.

GO EAGLES!!!

seattlespider
November 21st, 2009, 03:59 PM
If McNeese was to lose tonight to UCA, Do you believe they will be in the playoffs at 8-3?

I think McNeese is in regardless, given the bubble team losses. You still have ASU as a chip to cash.

Profane
November 21st, 2009, 04:04 PM
http://prof-fan.blogspot.com/2009/11/fcs-afternoon-countdown-to-2009.html

Update (12) 4:58 PM

So where is the bubble now, assuming no more upsets?

Last team in: (wins/losses categorized by GPI)
Weber State: 7-4 (Wins: 11, 23, 35, 47, 57, 68, 79; Losses: FBS, FBS, 5, 11)

Last team out:
Northern Iowa: 7-4 (Wins: 32, 33, 34, 54, 84, 105, 115; Losses: FBS, 2, 10, 40)

Benne
November 21st, 2009, 04:06 PM
The Jackrabbits have a pretty good chance to host, considering the excellent SDSU attendance, if your administration was clever enough to submit a substantial bid. Weber's attendance is aout 8500 and EWU's is about 6500.

It's easier and cheaper to get in and out of Salt Lake than Brookings, though, and the Southland has good attendance, too.

The bids in. Unfortunately I'll be headed to Butte next week. I like the Jacks at home though.

Panthers_Blue
November 21st, 2009, 04:11 PM
You're welcome

Thank you!!

GO Gamecocks!

jmc_jackrabbit
November 21st, 2009, 04:13 PM

Our new AD was associate AD at UNI for many years. I'm guessing he put in a solid bid.

ElonAlum
November 21st, 2009, 04:26 PM
Ill tell ya who ISNT in! LIBERTY! HAHA

Head Cat
November 21st, 2009, 04:28 PM
Didn't Liberty knock Elon out the of the tournament last year?

ElonPride
November 21st, 2009, 04:33 PM
Ill tell ya who ISNT in! LIBERTY! HAHA

As I said to you on a different thread. SHUT UP!

Is this yet another imposter Elon fan? Hope this doesn't start again.........

phoenixphanatic21
November 21st, 2009, 04:34 PM
Didn't Liberty knock Elon out the of the tournament last year?

Yea. Some of us are still a lil bitter about it.

TheValleyRaider
November 21st, 2009, 04:34 PM
Colgate is 9-2 with a win over Big South champ Stony Brook

Not saying, just throwing it out there for consideration xtwocentsx

JMUNJ08
November 21st, 2009, 04:42 PM
Imagine how bad the bubble teams would be if the playoffs were 20 teams next year? JMU and UD wouldn't be totally out of it at 6-5 IMO.

Profane
November 21st, 2009, 04:47 PM

Colgate is my second team out after Northern Iowa.

ElonAlum
November 21st, 2009, 04:48 PM
ElonPride......what is your deal?? Im GRADUATED from Elon. Why the F*** would I be an IMPOSTER Elon fan?? Im happy to see Liberty go down since they knocked us out of going to the playoffs last year!

phoenixphanatic21
November 21st, 2009, 04:48 PM
I am very proud to say that, barring some insane course of events, Elon is returning back to the playoffs for the first time since 1981. xnodx

TheValleyRaider
November 21st, 2009, 04:51 PM
Colgate is my second team out after Northern Iowa.

Yeah, I'm not exactly calling us in the field at this point, but those are 9 D-I wins out of an autobid conference, which the committee does like, so I like to think we still have the glimmerest of hopes....

ElonAlum
November 21st, 2009, 04:52 PM
GOOOO ELON!!

Playoffs here we come!

UNH Fanboi
November 21st, 2009, 04:53 PM
If E. Wash loses, the last spot is anyone's guess. Colgate wouldn't surprise me at all.

Profane
November 21st, 2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I'm not exactly calling us in the field at this point, but those are 9 D-I wins out of an autobid conference, which the committee does like, so I like to think we still have the glimmerest of hopes....

Watch the result of the Eastern Washington - Northern Arizona game (currently 14-10 in the first quarter). That is probably the last game which will influence the at-large picture. And root for N. Arizona if you want toothpaste in the playoffs.

Pitz
November 21st, 2009, 04:56 PM
If E. Wash loses, the last spot is anyone's guess. Colgate wouldn't surprise me at all.

Northern Iowa, no?

RattlerFan70
November 21st, 2009, 05:18 PM
With FAMU winning and Liberty losing, FAMU maybe going to the playoffs....

Poker Alan
November 21st, 2009, 05:18 PM
Imagine how bad the bubble teams would be if the playoffs were 20 teams next year? JMU and UD wouldn't be totally out of it at 6-5 IMO.

I have made this point before... 16 is the perfect number, and we are going to really be scraping to put together a field, much less a quality field, starting next season. (No, I don't believe a 6-5 team should make the playoffs, either)

4th and What?
November 21st, 2009, 05:19 PM
Northern Iowa, no?
If EWU loses, the only teams with 7 D-I wins for that last spot would be:

Liberty
FAMU
UNI
CCSU
Albany
Colgate
Lafayette
Dayton
Marist
Butler
PV A&M
ODU

Let's just hope EWU wins, because I don't think any of the above deserve the playoffs right now....imagine who would be getting in with next years scenario!

seattlespider
November 21st, 2009, 05:26 PM
I have made this point before... 16 is the perfect number, and we are going to really be scraping to put together a field, much less a quality field, starting next season. (No, I don't believe a 6-5 team should make the playoffs, either)

The only saving grace is that the top teams will get byes.

AlphaSigMD
November 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM
I think it's pretty well set.

Montana
Villanova
Richmond
William & Mary
New Hampshire
Southern Illinois
Appalachian State
Holy Cross
South Dakota State
Weber State
McNeese State
Stephen F. Austin
South Carolina State
Eastern Illinois
Elon
Eastern Washington

Seeds
Southern Illinois
Montana
Villanova
Richmond

My Best Guess

1. Southern Illinois vs. Eastern Illinois
Steven F Austin vs. Weber State

4. Richmond vs. Elon
Appalachian State vs. William and Mary

3. Villanova vs. Holy Cross
South Carolina State vs. New Hampshire

2. Montana vs. South Dakota State
McNeese St. vs. Eastern Washington

Go...gate
November 21st, 2009, 05:54 PM

We have a shot!

maristdb89
November 21st, 2009, 05:58 PM
IN:
Montana
Villanova
Richmond
William & Mary
New Hampshire
Southern Illinois
Appalachian State
Holy Cross
South Dakota State
Weber State (Assuming they maintain huge lead)
McNeese State
Stephen F. Austin
South Carolina State
Eastern Illinois

Still alive:

Eastern Washington, Northern Iowa, Elon, Montana State

Eastern Washington needs to win and they are in, lose and they are out.

Northern Iowa & Montana State these two go together for now. Assuming Montana holds on these two could be alive for the final spot if Elon loses (only up 3-0 near halftime). Should Elon lose the final spot comes down to UNI, MSU and Elon. If EWU also loses another spot opens up.

Gone:
Liberty
Eastern Kentucky

Never Had A Chance Today:
Florida A&M
Central Connecticut State
Albany
Colgate
Lafayette
Butler
Dayton
Marist
Old Dominion

Marist is going to the Rose Bowl xlolx

MacThor
November 21st, 2009, 06:11 PM

Given how few teams TCOB this weekend, JMU shouldn't be totally out of it now.

MacThor
November 21st, 2009, 06:13 PM

Montana
Villanova
Richmond
William & Mary
New Hampshire
Southern Illinois
Appalachian State
Holy Cross
South Dakota State
Weber State
McNeese State
Stephen F. Austin
South Carolina State
Eastern Illinois
Elon
Eastern Washington

Seeds
Southern Illinois
Montana
Villanova
Richmond

My Best Guess

4. Richmond vs. Elon

Flip UNH and W&M, and I think you've got it pretty close. I don't think they'll risk a rematch of UR-W&M in two weeks.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2009, 06:28 PM
We have a shot!

No way... we are tied, and we have a better OOC resume than you.

It's unfortunate that given Liberty and UNI lost today, the Pards would have been co-champs and would have been invited. BUT it didn't happen.

Native
November 21st, 2009, 06:59 PM

Every team deserves stalwart fans like you, DF! xthumbsupx

Go...gate
November 21st, 2009, 07:15 PM
No way... we are tied, and we have a better OOC resume than you.

It's unfortunate that given Liberty and UNI lost today, the Pards would have been co-champs and would have been invited. BUT it didn't happen.

You lost to a 4-7 club (that played over its head) and the runner-up in the Big South. We beat the Big South Champion. You think Penn is so good that it makes you a stronger club? Hell, our CONFERENCE CHAMPION lost to Brown and Holy Cross, for Pete's sake!

WestCoastAggie
November 21st, 2009, 07:22 PM
Eastern Washington is a lock and Weber State will jump UC Davis, Colgate, Lafayette, FAMU & Liberty into the Playoffs. xnodx

gbhmt
November 21st, 2009, 07:22 PM
Eastern Washington is a lock and Weber State will jump UC Davis, Colgate, Lafayette, FAMU & Liberty into the Playoffs. xnodx

xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

ToTheLeft
November 21st, 2009, 07:24 PM

UC Davis was never in the hunt due to a lack of wins, and FAMU was already behind Weber, regardless of what your MEAC bias tells you. But thanks for putting a lot of thought into this. xcoffeex

GolfingGriz
November 21st, 2009, 07:24 PM

Montana
Villanova
Richmond
William & Mary
New Hampshire
Southern Illinois
Appalachian State
Holy Cross
South Dakota State
Weber State
McNeese State
Stephen F. Austin
South Carolina State
Eastern Illinois
Elon
Eastern Washington

Seeds
Southern Illinois
Montana
Villanova
Richmond

My Best Guess

4. Richmond vs. Elon

Looks good to me

HLNgriz
November 21st, 2009, 07:26 PM
Looks good to me

about right, I just want EWU on the other side

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2009, 12:55 AM
about right, I just want EWU on the other sidex2

Holy crap, I don't want to play them again until next year...