PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Tenn. State!

Geaux25
November 20th, 2009, 12:46 AM
For opening the eyes of the rest of the possible at-large teams that HAVE to win this weekend to sew up there place in the tournament.

I was beginning to get a little worried with all the prognostications floating around (I'm guilty as well) that our boys may come out a little flat. There is no better week to use the proverbial "one game at a time" motto than this one.

The McNeese State Cowboy nation is very gracious. xthumbsupx

And I'm sure the fans at EWU, Montana State, SDSU, and others are as well.

Bam
November 20th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Thank you Tenn. State! I second that motion. Woooo!

OL FU
November 20th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Since I haven't paid as much attention this year as in the past, someone save me the work and tell me what this does to the OVC standings particularly for the auto bid.

Grabholdofyosef
November 20th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Since I haven't paid as much attention this year as in the past, someone save me the work and tell me what this does to the OVC standings particularly for the auto bid.
Looks like Eastern Kentucky gets the AQ if they pull the upset on the road against Jacksonville st. Jacks st not eligible and EKU beat EIU.

Sat, Oct 3 at Eastern Illinois W 36-31

Grabholdofyosef
November 20th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Looks like Eastern Kentucky gets the AQ if they pull the upset on the road against Jacksonville st. Jacks st not eligible and EKU beat EIU.

Sat, Oct 3 at Eastern Illinois W 36-31
EIU is in with an EKU lost.

OL FU
November 20th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks, I am sure EKU is excited. But after the butt whipping the last place SoCon team put on them xeekx

Bam
November 20th, 2009, 08:09 AM

Clear as mud. xlolx

Grabholdofyosef
November 20th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks, I am sure EKU is excited. But after the butt whipping the last place SoCon team put on them xeekx
When was the last time, a team controlled its own destiny with an AQ after being drubbed by WCU the week before? The Apocalypse is upon us : )

Bam
November 20th, 2009, 08:20 AM
When was the last time, a team controlled its own destiny with an AQ after being drubbed by WCU the week before? The Apocalypse is upon us : )

It does not matter how you get in, just get in & let the cards fall where they may! 2012 is approaching. ;)

OL FU
November 20th, 2009, 08:26 AM
It does not matter how you get in, just get in & let the cards fall where they may! 2012 is approaching. ;)

True Wordsxnodx

Bam
November 20th, 2009, 08:32 AM
The JSU game WILL be a challenge, but if our young guys can step up it could be close? Either way, the fellas played hard (minus our OC coaching) this year & our skill players are young, so next year looks bright.

JMUNJ08
November 20th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Would EIU get an at-large bid if EKU took the AQ? I know they have been ranked most of the season but don't know much about them

Bam
November 20th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Would EIU get an at-large bid if EKU took the AQ? I know they have been ranked most of the season but don't know much about them

I don't see it. The OVC is a one bid conf. this yr. IMO. FYI, if EKU gets in, they will have a 6-5 record. :( Has a team this close to a 500 record ever made the playoffs?

JMUNJ08
November 20th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Laffy went in 06 at 6-5 who won a tie breaker with Lehigh (also 6-5)

(Had to look this up) Holy Cross was actually 7-4 but a game back.

Saint3333
November 20th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Would EKU go to SIU or ASU for the first round, not sure how far EKU is from SIU?

JMUNJ08
November 20th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Would EKU go to SIU or ASU for the first round, not sure how far EKU is from SIU?

269 miles. They go to SIU. So just switch EKU for EIU and the rest stays the same.

Khan4Cats
November 20th, 2009, 09:55 AM
269 miles. They go to SIU. So just switch EKU for EIU and the rest stays the same.

I would agree, I think the OVC qualifier ends up at a seeded SIU.

I think ASU will likely end up with W&M, if Richmond wins, as Elon at SCSU seems to make sense.

Bam
November 20th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Is Carbondale, Il. nice in the fall? I am hoping to visit there next week!

MacThor
November 20th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I would agree, I think the OVC qualifier ends up at a seeded SIU.

I think ASU will likely end up with W&M, if Richmond wins, as Elon at SCSU seems to make sense.

If they send the OVC team to SIU, there will (in all likelihood) be 4 western matchups (counting SIU) and 4 eastern matchups. Elon can't play SCSU in that scenario because then you're sending UNH to Richmond.

Like it or not, it's going to be 2 SoCon vs CAA, SC St vs CAA and Holy Cross vs CAA in the first round. If Villanova wins, I think they get HC and UNH is going to Boone.

The only way to avoid it is to send EKU/EIU to Richmond/W&M (EKU @ UR 3 years in a row?), and shipping UNH/W&M/UR out west.

ASU_MBA
November 20th, 2009, 01:36 PM
You guys think EKU can beat Jax State?
The same EKU team that lost to Western Carolina

HA! that is funny...

ASU_MBA
November 20th, 2009, 01:37 PM
If they send the OVC team to SIU, there will (in all likelihood) be 4 western matchups (counting SIU) and 4 eastern matchups. Elon can't play SCSU in that scenario because then you're sending UNH to Richmond.

Like it or not, it's going to be 2 SoCon vs CAA, SC St vs CAA and Holy Cross vs CAA in the first round. If Villanova wins, I think they get HC and UNH is going to Boone.

The only way to avoid it is to send EKU/EIU to Richmond/W&M (EKU @ UR 3 years in a row?), and shipping UNH/W&M/UR out west.

I agree...App plays a CAA team in round 1

I could see either UNH or the loser of the William and Mary game...because of the 400 mile rule.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 20th, 2009, 02:46 PM
For opening the eyes of the rest of the possible at-large teams that HAVE to win this weekend to sew up there place in the tournament.

I was beginning to get a little worried with all the prognostications floating around (I'm guilty as well) that our boys may come out a little flat. There is no better week to use the proverbial "one game at a time" motto than this one.

The McNeese State Cowboy nation is very gracious. xthumbsupx

And I'm sure the fans at EWU, Montana State, SDSU, and others are as well.

Beau Baldwin has been doing a great job keeping the team focused on the next game only.

All season long we played under the shadow of the post-season ban, not knowing if it will get lifted. So the players were told it's only a punishment if they take care of business on the field, one week at a time. Each week is a playoff week... win and move on, or lose and be done. I thought we might come out flat after our bye, but I'm glad to see we didn't; put up 41 on SUU, scoring on our first 2 or 3 drives.

TTUEagles
November 20th, 2009, 03:13 PM

HA! that is funny...

EKU went to EIU and won...then EIU won at Jax. State. Hard to figure out what in the hell is happening at both "E" schools...APSU and TSU win vs EKU and TSU wins at EIU. It gives me a headache...

MacThor
November 20th, 2009, 03:16 PM
EKU went to EIU and won...then EIU won at Jax. State. Hard to figure out what in the hell is happening at both "E" schools...APSU and TSU win vs EKU and TSU wins at EIU. It gives me a headache...

OVC = "Oy Vey" Conference.

Eight Legger
November 20th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Go EKU! We look forward to seeing you for the third year in a row at UR Stadium next Saturday!

ekufbfan
November 20th, 2009, 03:51 PM
What I would like to see.

EKU beats JSU (will be a miracle if that happens). Thus we keep the 32 winning season streak alive and we win the OVC the third year in a roll, (and bow out of the playoffs,' cause chances are with our offense, we get whipped). However, EKU has not looked anything like the team that played IU. As a matter of fact, (no insult intended toward WCU) last week's offense that showed up is the sorriest EKU offense I have ever watched in 20 plus years of watching EKU fb!

UNI Pike
November 20th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Is Carbondale, Il. nice in the fall? I am hoping to visit there next week!

Carbondale is never nice, no matter what time of year.

EKUSteve
November 21st, 2009, 08:09 AM

HA! that is funny...

It really depends on which EKU team and coaching shows up. The one that beat EIU and put 36 on the board against them or the one that put it in the dumper last week against WCU. We have no clue which team will show up, especially on offense, from drive to drive let alone game to game. The only consistent offensive games we have played were Indiana and E. Illinois. The only problem we had with Indiana was in the Red Zone.

It's college football and these are kids. There is always a chance.

EKUSteve
November 21st, 2009, 08:11 AM

I think all of us have a headache this year xbangxxbangx