PDA

View Full Version : One Elon Plus

SoCon48
November 16th, 2009, 09:47 PM
One commendation for Elon regarding Saturday's game. It was amazing how great a condition the turf was in following last week's downpors; both before and after the game. I would have thought it would be torn up after 60 minutes of football. The drainage system must be state of the art.

theasushow
November 16th, 2009, 10:02 PM
maybe they can pitch that to the selection committee if they lose to samford.

PhoenixSupreme
November 16th, 2009, 10:59 PM
maybe they can pitch that to the selection committee if they lose to samford.

I believe that they improved the drainage system either this past spring or the spring before that.

gophoenix
November 17th, 2009, 05:30 AM
One commendation for Elon regarding Saturday's game. It was amazing how great a condition the turf was in following last week's downpors; both before and after the game. I would have thought it would be torn up after 60 minutes of football. The drainage system must be state of the art.

I seem to have read somewhere that it can drain 14" of rain per hour.

Edit:
I was close - http://www.elonphoenix.com/e-web/athletics/facilities/rhodesstadium/mckinnonfield.xhtml

JMU Newbill
November 17th, 2009, 06:10 AM
How about another plus.... getting through that game relatively healthy as a team. You lost, big deal. Any team can on any given day. Better to lose now than a few weeks from now.

I still like Elon to make a run in the playoffs. Just make sure you get the job done against Samford and then peak in the playoffs.

PhoenixMan
November 17th, 2009, 07:47 AM
How about another plus.... getting through that game relatively healthy as a team. You lost, big deal. Any team can on any given day. Better to lose now than a few weeks from now.

I still like Elon to make a run in the playoffs. Just make sure you get the job done against Samford and then peak in the playoffs.

A 27-10 loss to a team like App St., especially being down 21 in the second quarter, and not giving up another TD isn't a season breaker!! A loss next week would be, in many ways. BEAT SAMFORD!

theasushow
November 17th, 2009, 08:46 AM

i thought i read somewhere that elon sustained some injuries in that game....

biggie
November 17th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Riddle was limping most of the 2nd half, twisting his ankle on a throw I think. Hudgins was in and out in the 2nd half, limping occasionally.

I haven't heard any mention of their status.

SideLine Shooter
November 17th, 2009, 08:56 AM
A 27-10 loss to a team like App St., especially being down 21 in the second quarter, and not giving up another TD isn't a season breaker!! A loss next week would be, in many ways. BEAT SAMFORD!

App has a BAD Habit of getting a 21 point lead and flip the switch to cruise control. I've seen it tooooo often.xnodx

PhoenixSupreme
November 17th, 2009, 08:56 AM

Especially since App had 5 more trips within the redzone after the 21-0 lead, only only got 6 points from it (and their kicker missed 2 more FGs). It does give me confidence that the defense can still do its job

PhoenixMan
November 17th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Especially since App had 5 more trips within the redzone after the 21-0 lead, only only got 6 points from it (and their kicker missed 2 more FGs). It does give me confidence that the defense can still do its job

If AE had been healthy, and they weren't just trying to run the clock, they could have scored 60. We had NO answer for him. It was obvious at the game, and even more painful when I saw it on DVR later that night (yes, I'm a glutton for punishment). However, we are still OK, and Samford does not have AE. They do have a great RB, but we can stop them.....beat Samford!!

PhoenixSupreme
November 17th, 2009, 09:12 AM
If AE had been healthy, and they weren't just trying to run the clock, they could have scored 60. We had NO answer for him. It was obvious at the game, and even more painful when I saw it on DVR later that night (yes, I'm a glutton for punishment). However, we are still OK, and Samford does not have AE. They do have a great RB, but we can stop them.....beat Samford!!

I realize that they didn't have AE for half the game, but you still have to take something positive out of the experience.

Rekdiver
November 17th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Listen, us APP fans were scared before this game. Elon has a good team but your coach got too conservative with the passing game. I hope your team shows well against Samford. it would be a crusher to blow another opportunity this late into the season

appmaj
November 17th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Beat Samford

PhoenixMan
November 17th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I realize that they didn't have AE for half the game, but you still have to take something positive out of the experience.

I do find some positives from the game. Take away the early turnovers and we still have a shot. Hudgins still had a decent day with 9 catches for over 100. We should have went deep to him more in the second half, you have to dance with the one "who brung you". One thing I wasn't expecting was for O line to play so poorly. Riddle hasn't been pressured like that this year....5 sacks. My chin is up...beat Samford, make a run. BEAT SAMFORD, dadgummit!

WVAPPmountaineer
November 17th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Samford does have a solid defensive unit but I just don't believe they can score enough points to beat Elon - the only way Elon loses this game is to give it away - I clearly expect an Elon victory ----