PDA

View Full Version : Towson @ JMU Thread

BDKJMU
November 16th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Go ahead and laugh, but my analysis of the Week 12 CAA matchups was getting too long, and I figured what the heck, its the last game of the season for both teams, and the last game before tearing down Bridgeforth, so why not give the game its own thread?

BDKJMU
November 16th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Won't be a sellout, as the students will have started their Thanskgiving break (JMU students now get a week), and their might be 1-2 k no shows. I'm still expecting more than 10k butts in seats).

BDKJMU
November 16th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Looking at the below stats, good chance JMU's #3 Total Defense and #1 Pass defense can hold the #12 Scoring and Total Offense and #11 Passing in the CAA to single digits, maybe even a shut out. JMU should be able to move the ball effectively on the ground, and the way Thorpe has played the last 3 games, through the air, too.

Common opponents:
UR: JMU lost @ home by 4. Towson lost @ home by 28. (JMU +24)
Nova: JMU lost @ home by 27. Towson lost @ home by 42 (JMU +15)
W&M: JMU lost @ by 21. Towson lost @ by 31 (JMU +10)
UD: JMU won @ by 12. Towson lost @ home by 28 (JMU +40)

CAA Stats:

When JMU has the ball:
#9 Scoring Offense (19.9) vs the #11 Scoring Defense (35.9)
#9 Total Offense (324.6) vs the #10 Total Defense (355.1)
#3 Rushing Offense (177.3) vs the #10 Rushing Defense (175.9)
#10 Passing Offense (147.3) vs the #5 Passing Defense (179.2)

When Towson has the ball:
#12 Scoring Offense (13.6) vs the #6 Scoring Defense (19.6)
#12 Total Offense (251.0) vs the #3 Total Defense (289.8)
#10 Rushing Offense (106.7) vs the #8 Rushing Defense (135.0)
#11 Passing Offense (144.3) vs the #1 Passing Defense (154.8)
http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/8500/Stats/FB/2009/confldrs.htm

BDKJMU
November 18th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Accuweather now calling for sunny with a high of 56. Will be a nice change from the rain we've had either for the tailgate, game, or both in 7 of the last 8 games. (Only game days with no rain have been @ Maryland, VMI, and Maine).

JMUNJ08
November 18th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Wish I didn't have to be so far away to go. Sad the game is over a break now for current students.

Where are all the Towson fans for this thread?

etiger
November 18th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Here is one Towson Fan that will be making the 3 hour trip down to JMU. I know that it has been a long year, but I support the Black and Gold no matter what. I have not missed a game home or away in 18 years. I trust Rob Ambrose, and beleive he will re-build our program and bring us a Championship. Go Tigers, beat JMU!

Dignan
November 19th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Hopefully JMU can manage to close out the year strong. It's been a tough season, but they've at least been able to show up stronger after that brutal stretch where it began to look like all hope was lost.

I guess the bright side to how this year went is that we don't have to stress about the implications to home playoff games of tearing down the visitor's side stands immediately after the last regular season game.

What time does the game start saturday? If it's early enough I'll be able to follow it online.

mcveyrl
November 19th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Hopefully JMU can manage to close out the year strong. It's been a tough season, but they've at least been able to show up stronger after that brutal stretch where it began to look like all hope was lost.

I guess the bright side to how this year went is that we don't have to stress about the implications to home playoff games of tearing down the visitor's side stands immediately after the last regular season game.

What time does the game start saturday? If it's early enough I'll be able to follow it online.

It's a 3 p.m. start.

I'm coming and I'm bringing recruits (not football recruits, fan recruits). We've got one guy (a UD alum, but he doesn't follow football -- he likes Notre Dame xrotatehx) coming with a friend and my mom and sister (a VT alum) will be the recipient of two free tickets courtesy of the Puppy Pound club.

Dignan
November 19th, 2009, 10:29 AM
It's a 3 p.m. start.

I'm coming and I'm bringing recruits (not football recruits, fan recruits). We've got one guy (a UD alum, but he doesn't follow football -- he likes Notre Dame xrotatehx) coming with a friend and my mom and sister (a VT alum) will be the recipient of two free tickets courtesy of the Puppy Pound club.

3pm actually works pretty well for me (for me it's 9pm). That way I put the kid to bed and can follow the game without distractions.

I used to be a Notre Dame fan before I went to JMU, have to admit it. Now I couldn't give a rat's behind for them.

blukeys
November 19th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Go ahead and laugh, but my analysis of the Week 12 CAA matchups was getting too long, and I figured what the heck, its the last game of the season for both teams, and the last game before tearing down Bridgeforth, so why not give the game its own thread?

Well I guess everyone deserves a thread. The fact is this will not be a game. Towson will get better but this year they are just not very good. Enjoy the game all. No need for analysis. JMU wins.

mcveyrl
November 19th, 2009, 10:51 AM
3pm actually works pretty well for me (for me it's 9pm). That way I put the kid to bed and can follow the game without distractions.

I used to be a Notre Dame fan before I went to JMU, have to admit it. Now I couldn't give a rat's behind for them.

Hey, I will be in Spain this spring. Not too far from you. We are going to Torrevieja. My father-in-law died a couple of months ago and he and my mother-in-law (a Spanish citizen who died a couple of years ago) have a place over there. We are taking his ashes to their "wall" and taking care of some legal things. I've talked about trying to get to a soccer match and may be looking at Valencia.

Any tips?

andy7171
November 19th, 2009, 10:56 AM
It's going to be a beat down. End of a very long and painful year.
Ambrose is proving to be a very good recruiter, so there is at least hope.

JMU Newbill
November 19th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Towson by 3.

JMUNJ08
November 21st, 2009, 07:26 PM
Big win for the team today. Semi-salvaged the season and great momentum for next year. I won't go out on a limb that far but I believe top 3 in the South and a playoff game next year!

tribe_pride
November 21st, 2009, 07:31 PM
Congrats on a good end to the season. Too bad your horrible JMU team finished up at 6-5.

I could easily see you guys as top 3 in the South next year. Richmond has a ton of seniors (something like 15 starters) and this includes Ward. It'll be interesting to see how they respond next year.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 21st, 2009, 08:19 PM
Just home from the game......great way to close out the season with 4 wins in a row.

Good luck CAA teams in the playoffs.

Dukie95
November 21st, 2009, 09:20 PM
Big win for the team today. Semi-salvaged the season and great momentum for next year. I won't go out on a limb that far but I believe top 3 in the South and a playoff game next year!

Not that much of a stretch when this year's top three are all graduating their QBs.