PDA

View Full Version : What Happens?

FargoBison
November 16th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Lets say Montana State, EWU, SDSU, and UNI all win this weekend. That leaves four teams, all 8-3, all going for three playoff spots.

Taking a further look...
Montana State would have a win over Weber State and what would still probably be a seeded team in Montana

EWU would have a win over Montana State

SDSU would have a win over UNI

UNI would be ranked ahead of the three other schools, and would have a close loss to a top 15 FBS team in Iowa.

Also throw in the fact that EWU and Montana each have one non-DI win while SDSU and UNI would have 8 DI wins....

Which team gets left out???

bcrawf
November 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Montana State

wapiti
November 16th, 2009, 05:33 PM
UNI

WrenFGun
November 16th, 2009, 05:38 PM
In that case, I think Montana State (Montana win) and SDSU (UNI win) would be locks. UNI/EWU would be on the outside looking in at that point, though you could bring in Elon if they lose to Samford.

JMUNJ08
November 16th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Midwest Bias says EWU. Montana St. win over Montana would be bigger than EWU beat MST

CatFan22
November 16th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Eastern probably. I accidentally clicked on MSU in the poll so +1 for EWU and -1 for MSU on the numbers.

Silenoz
November 16th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I didn't really think that through

If they're all 8-3, Eastern gets left out

FargoBison
November 16th, 2009, 05:42 PM
In that case, I think Montana State (Montana win) and SDSU (UNI win) would be locks. UNI/EWU would be on the outside looking in at that point, though you could bring in Elon if they lose to Samford.

An Elon loss would definitely make things easier on the committee since they would have the weakest resume.

DSUrocks07
November 16th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Eastern would be the odd man out in this scenario. They would be playoff caliber however but too many teams with better resumes in front of them.

CatFan22
Midwest Bias says EWU. Montana St. win over Montana would be bigger than EWU beat MST

Yeah, this pretty much sums that up.

Jacked_Rabbit
SDSU's 3 loses would be:

@ Minnesota, by only 3 points.
vs. Southern Illinois, the current FCS #1.
@ Cal Poly, early in the season, 2 defensive TD's, & an injured starting QB.

I'd sure hope we are in with a win at Western Illinois this weekend, however, we will probably get shipped directly to Missoula... xbawlingx

WrenFGun
November 16th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Is SDSU within traveling distance to Montana by bus? Otherwise, they're really no more likely to be sent there than anyone else is.

FargoBison
November 16th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Is SDSU within traveling distance to Montana by bus? Otherwise, they're really no more likely to be sent there than anyone else is.

It is definitely a plane trip, SDSU is right on the SD/MN border.

CatFan22
November 16th, 2009, 05:53 PM

If their travel rules are the same as the BSC's they would be taking a charter plane.

WrenFGun
November 16th, 2009, 05:54 PM
That's what I figured. SDSU really isn't any more likely than say, UNH, to play Montana in the first round, TBH.

I think UNI and SIU will have home games in the same bracket in the first round, just because of how close to each other they are, and the Dome makes the cash.

SDSU will likely be the other host in the Montana bracket, IMO (unless McNeese is..)

PhoenixMan
November 16th, 2009, 05:59 PM
An Elon loss would definitely make things easier on the committee since they would have the weakest resume.

Elon loses and they are out. And should be.

GolfingGriz
November 16th, 2009, 06:26 PM
UNI. SDSU would be in with the head to head win and so would EWU. MSU would have the best win of the group over Montana. That leaves UNI on the outside.

Gil Dobie
November 16th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Montana St 8-3, FCS 7-2, DI 7-3
EWU ...........8-3, FCS 7-2, DI 7-3
Weber St ....7-4, FCS 7-2, DI 7-4
SDSU ..........8-3, FCS 8-2, DI 8-3
UNI .............8-3, FCS 8-2, DI 8-3

appmaj
November 17th, 2009, 06:22 AM
EWU