PDA

View Full Version : How The 2009 D-I Football Championship Works

CSN-info
November 16th, 2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/89658_csnwhite50w.JPG

How The 2009 D-I Football Championship Works
College Sporting News

The highest level of NCAA championship football is just a short week away from announcing the 2009 playoff bracket and teams. On “Selection Sunday” this week, November 22, the Division I Football Championship Committee will unveil which eight teams have been chosen as at-large participants and the official bracket. Let’s examine how this all works and the people involved.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/11/16/how-the-2009-d-i-football-championship-w?blog=5)

T-Dog
November 16th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Artificial elements (e.g., fireworks, smoke, cannons, artificial sounds/noises, video board productions) used to enhance the experience for participating teams and fans may be used by either team; however, such elements (e.g., mascots, video boards) should not be used to demean the opposing team in any manner or create an unsportsmanlike environment.

Artificial noisemakers (e.g., thunder sticks, cow bells, air horns) shall not be permitted.

Interesting. App St has played Hells Bells on 3rd down and in past playoffs, have either not played it or played it for both teams. Under this rule, it's completely fine as it's designed to enhance the gameday experience.

INSTANT REPLAY

Instant replay will be used at both semifinal sites and the 2009 Division I Football Championship game.

Why just the semifinals and finals? Should be the entire playoffs in my opinion.

EKUSteve
November 16th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Interesting. App St has played Hells Bells on 3rd down and in past playoffs, have either not played it or played it for both teams. Under this rule, it's completely fine as it's designed to enhance the gameday experience.

Why just the semifinals and finals? Should be the entire playoffs in my opinion.

Because that is the only two rounds where all the games are televised in a manner to provide enough camera coverage to have reply (ESPN carries all three games).

santosballnewhampshire
November 17th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Artificial elements (e.g., fireworks, smoke, cannons, artificial sounds/noises, video board productions) used to enhance the experience for participating teams and fans may be used by either team; however, such elements (e.g., mascots, video boards) should not be used to demean the opposing team in any manner or create an unsportsmanlike environment.

Artificial noisemakers (e.g., thunder sticks, cow bells, air horns) shall not be permitted.

SANDERS 2....
SANTOS 0......

GO PANTHERS!!!

That's not unsportsmanlike...xcoolx

BlackNGold
November 18th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I just think Streamers should be Banned, All else goes

Esko
November 18th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I just think Streamers should be Banned, All else goes

The streamers at the JMU game were awful....especially for the group that had to clean the stadium afterwards (my fraternity).

If I remember correctly they can use the Hell's Bells stuff as long as they play it for both sides, correct?

UNH Fanboi
November 19th, 2009, 11:41 PM
For everyone's reference, here's a link to the FCS playoff handbook:

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ_handbooks/football/2009/09_1AA_Football.pdf

Big Al
November 23rd, 2009, 11:26 AM
SANDERS 2....
SANTOS 0......

GO PANTHERS!!!

That's not unsportsmanlike...xcoolx

WTF are you talking about?!

darell1976
November 24th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Since we play on Saturday can our game against Central Arkansas be on ESPNU too?:D

Green and Yellow
November 24th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Since we play on Saturday can our game against Central Arkansas be on ESPNU too?:D

If only this merited a response I would answer it. xwhistlex